PDA

View Full Version : GAME 7: STAMPEDERS vs Riders - Rematch

OzSome
08-11-2016, 09:51 PM
Game Time: Saturday, August 13th at 5:00pm
Taylor Field Stadium
Televised: TSN and ESPNews

Last week Stamps defeated the Riders 35-15. Stamps scored 16 unanswered points in the 4th point and totally shut down Darian Durant and the Riders' offense in the 4th quarter. This weekend's rematch, Stamps will play in the crazy loud Taylor Field. Riders might have a huge incentive to boo and give Bo Levi Mitchell a hard time after his tweet the other day that got the Rider Nation in trouble with the CFL.

OFFENSE:
QB Bo Levi Mitchell who were awesome again late in the game attempted 37 passes and was successful 25 times for 312 yards and 1 TD pass. RB Jerome Messam had a monster game against his former team rushed 17 times for 109 yards and 1 TD. He also caught the ball 5 times for 36 yards. His plays earned him one of the Top CFL Performer of the Week in the CFL. Unfortunately Mitchell and Messam might have to play with beaten up OLine this Saturday. C Pierre Lavertu missed some practice time this week due to stinger in his neck. Shane Bergman too missed some practice time this week due to injury but Coach Dickenson thinks they might play vs the Riders. Cam Thorn who also played some centre in the first few games missed practice this week will not play. Expect rookie OLine Roman Grozman to dress up for the game. Grozman played some C position during the pre-season this year. If Riders defense shuts down the running play, Bo Levi might have to rely more on their receivers led by SB Marquay McDaniel(8 catches for 110 yards), veteran Bakari Grant(3 for 71), rookie Greg Wilson(3 for 29) and a couple of Canadian receivers Lemar Durant(3 for 29) and Anthony Parker(2 for 26 1 TD) who caught the lone TD pass by Mitchell last week. Stamps OLine did not surrender a QB sack all night.

DEFENSE:
HB Jamar Wall led the Stamps defense with 5 tackles. He actually made some nice plays and almost intercepted 2 passes. CB Ciante Evans is proving Dickenson's gut is right by playing him over Fred Bennett. Not too shabby for a young DB to have the coach sit out a good and reliable veteran DB Fred Bennett. Evans was pretty much on all the plays last week. Him and rookie Tommie Campbell have been a huge surprise for the Stamps defense. Evans had 3 tackles and 1 fumble recovery. DB Joe Burnett had a rough night watching Sask R Rob Bagg all night but he shut down Bagg in the fourth quarter and even forced a fumble that was recovered by Evans. Stamps defense sacked QB Darian Durant 3 times (Reed, Davis and Johnson).

SPECIAL TEAM:
Another recipient of CFL Top Performer of the Week is Kicker Rene Paredes who struggled with the point after TD convert but was a perfect 5 for 5 on the field goal attempt. Still can't figure out why he's been struggling on the convert but as long as he's been good with the FG, I guess nobody really is complaining. Returner Roy Finch been awesome this season returning punts and kickoff. He returned a punt for 54 yards late in the game. Finch ended up returning punts 6 times for 109 yards and kickoff 3 times for 50 yards. I cannot wait to see him go all the way to the end zone on one or two of his returns.

I feel on last game at McMahon Stadium, Stamps defense took easy on Durant's first game back after the injury. I am hoping they follow their success in the 4th quarter and follow it up in this game. We might have problems with the OLine in this game especially if both Lavertu and Bergman are not a 100% healthy BUT Stamps OLine had proven so many times last season that the replacement OLine will play as well as the starter that he replaced.

GO STAMPS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaptainCrunch
08-12-2016, 12:34 AM
Should be a beatdown by the stamps to be honest. The Riders defense is utterly awful. They have no running game, Durant is ok and they have some good receivers.

Jones has turned out to be a dud in terms of coaching their defense as well.

OzSome
08-13-2016, 12:12 PM
Stamps is saying they might dress 7 OLine for tonight. OL Randy Richards travelled with the team to Saskatchewan just in case Bergman might not play. Wow, we have a beat up OLine again this season. Dan Federkeil, Cam Thorn, Ucambre Williams, Karl Lavoie. Pierre Lavertu and Shane Bergman are not a 100% but Stamps are not making that as excuse and the OLine doesn't seem to miss a beat whoever he gets in the lineup.

Riders moved Namaan Roosevelt to slot position possibly to stay away from the matchup against Tommie Campbell. Campbell shut down Roosevelt last game. Stamps countered with trying to match Jamar Wall against Rob Bagg who've beaten Joe Burnett a few times. Although there was a few plays that Bagg was way offside but referee did not call it. One in particular was the Robb Bagg TD.

Stamps probably took an easy approach in playing Darian Durant(in his first game back after injuries) in the first 3 quarters last week and that almost burn them. Defense tightened up in the 4th and Durant was ineffective. I think it is time the Stamps front 4 led by Charleston Hughes plus MLB Taylor Reed to pressure Durant.

As always..... GO STAMPS GO!!!!!

PostandIn
08-13-2016, 05:48 PM
How many balls are the Stamps gonna drop? 20? 25 maybe?

MissTeeks
Receivers can't hold onto the ball so far.

transplant99
greg Wilson has to start catching some passes or they can just replace him...what good is a receiver that cant hold on to throws that hit him right in the hands?

PostandIn
08-13-2016, 06:01 PM
greg Wilson has to start catching some passes or they can just replace him...what good is a receiver that cant hold on to throws that hit him right in the hands?

No good. Greg Wilson = NG.

socalwingfan
08-13-2016, 06:07 PM
Suitor has been remarkably fair and balanced so far today

PostandIn
08-13-2016, 06:19 PM
Lame. Should have been offsetting offside calls.

corporatejay
08-13-2016, 06:20 PM
Please

dirk diggler
08-13-2016, 06:21 PM
nice reffing yet again... suck it riders

dirk diggler
08-13-2016, 06:23 PM
you knew as soon as they didnt get it, the flag would come out... such a bush league

transplant99
08-13-2016, 06:33 PM
so many errors by the stamps....just not focussed.

MissTeeks
08-13-2016, 06:49 PM
McDaniel is having a game tonight!

transplant99
08-13-2016, 06:50 PM
LOL...Messam f bombs TSN

he is fired up...must be hearing it from the other guys a bunch.

transplant99
08-13-2016, 06:52 PM
McDaniel is having a game tonight!

He is such a clutch guy and consummate pro.

Someone here a couple years back suggested he was garbage...that someone was dead wrong and knows little about the game.

darockwilder
08-13-2016, 06:52 PM
LOL...Messam f bombs TSN

he is fired up...must be hearing it from the other guys a bunch.
I'm surprised Cuthbert acknowledged it. Usually they just ignore it and hope people forget. I thought it was hilarious

PostandIn
08-13-2016, 06:54 PM
^ I bet TSN don't get one compliant.

darockwilder
08-13-2016, 07:12 PM
That was a foolish throw

MissTeeks
08-13-2016, 07:12 PM
Why did he throw that ball?

Dogbert
08-13-2016, 07:16 PM
Roosevelt with a Canuck-level dive there. An absolutely inexcusable, embarrassing flop.

Of course, since it's Saskatchewan, the refs will call PI on the review.

troutman
08-13-2016, 07:18 PM
Do the riders ever earn a TD without penalty assistance?

troutman
08-13-2016, 07:30 PM
Enough of this Rider nostalgia program!

transplant99
08-13-2016, 07:33 PM
Stamps looking like they are gonna shoot themselves in the foot and possibly give this away...they have to score more than 16 against that defense...just inexcusable loss of focus and inability to execute anything of substance. Really hard to fathom.

troutman
08-13-2016, 07:35 PM
Run the ball!

GreenLantern2814
08-13-2016, 07:36 PM
Ugh this game has been so sloppy

MissTeeks
08-13-2016, 07:36 PM
Pretty painful to watch right now.

darockwilder
08-13-2016, 07:41 PM
Was Bagg going for a Tyson impression there? WTF

MissTeeks
08-13-2016, 07:44 PM
Miss! (Poor kid)

transplant99
08-13-2016, 07:45 PM
Throw deep!!!

LOL

Dogbert
08-13-2016, 07:46 PM
Miss! (Poor kid)

Find his address! Rent the backhoe! Slip the cattle some Ex-Lax!

GreenLantern2814
08-13-2016, 07:51 PM
Bo really does throw the deep ball better than anyone in this league.

MissTeeks
08-13-2016, 07:54 PM
Three sacks for Hughes! Nice.

zamler
08-13-2016, 07:55 PM
Classic ugly win.

Cheese
08-13-2016, 07:56 PM
The fact the Stamps tried their hardest to give this game away and still won proves how crappy the Roughies are.

puffnstuff
08-13-2016, 07:57 PM
1 - 6 and youve been cheating? So no good.

MissTeeks
08-13-2016, 07:57 PM
Suck it, Chris Jones.

puffnstuff
08-13-2016, 08:01 PM
Jones whining at DD about something, would love to hear that exchange. Guy is such a tool.

Jbo
08-13-2016, 08:03 PM
Jones whining at DD about something, would love to hear that exchange. Guy is such a tool.

Was thinking the same. DD did not look impressed. Jones is just a joke

jammies
08-13-2016, 08:05 PM
Rider fans should be less annoyed at Bo and more angry at paying money to watch that team. Worst in the league by far.

And Jones' tears are delicious.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

SportsJunky
08-13-2016, 08:12 PM
Jones with the cry baby routine at the end of the game. DD had a look like "did he just say that?"

jschick88
08-13-2016, 08:17 PM
Apparently words were exchanged between Jones and Dickenson. Can't stand Jones. Whiny little biatch.

Brendan Parker ‏@GlobalParker 5 minutes ago
This was just after the exchange, as shown by TSN. #CFL

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpyRNePUMAAFYF8.jpg

Jbo
08-13-2016, 08:19 PM
Apparently words were exchanged between Jones and Dickenson. Can't stand Jones. Whiny little biatch.

Brendan Parker ‏@GlobalParker 5 minutes ago
This was just after the exchange, as shown by TSN. #CFL

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpyRNePUMAAFYF8.jpg

Would be funny if the league fined his punk ass again

Dogbert
08-13-2016, 08:28 PM
Apparently, Jones told Dickenson to "win with some class."

Which is rich, considering that the Riders, their coach, and their melon-headed cousin-####ing fans know exactly diddly and squat about class.

MissTeeks
08-13-2016, 08:29 PM
Bahahahaha:

Rod Pedersen
Rod Pedersen – ‏@rodpedersen

Is there a conspiracy against us?

jschick88
08-13-2016, 08:31 PM
Rod Petersen is a joke. I'm listening to him crying about the missed pass interference in the 3rd quarter. Cry baby.

CofR
08-13-2016, 08:37 PM
Chris Jones continues to be the person easiest to hate in the CFL.

transplant99
08-13-2016, 08:37 PM

Which is rich, considering that the Riders, their coach, and their melon-headed cousin-####ing fans know exactly diddly and squat about class.

I have no idea what that even means in this context...i mean really, what did DD do or call that Jones would be upset about?

he is such a piece of crap....really poor example of the guys the CFL usually has in HC positions who are full of class for the most part.

Maybe Jones is just pissed about getting caught cheating repeatedly and actually having reprecussions from it.

Its so easy to loathe that franchise and CJ takes it to a whole different level.

JBR
08-13-2016, 08:46 PM
Which is extra rich because they also know diddly and squat about winning.

transplant99
08-13-2016, 08:48 PM
Just caught a few minutes of that post game circle jerk on the Regina station and they were quite literally calling "conspiracy theory" because of the no PI call in the 3rd quarter.

Truly mind boggling.

Dogbert
08-13-2016, 08:55 PM
Just caught a few minutes of that post game circle jerk on the Regina station and they were quite literally calling "conspiracy theory" because of the no PI call in the 3rd quarter.

Truly mind boggling.

The one where the ball was thrown nowhere near Roosevelt, so he flopped onto his face without being touched and begged for a flag?

They might have a case. That play has basically accounted for two-thirds of the Riders' offense over the past 10 years.

browna
08-13-2016, 09:11 PM

Truly mind boggling.

Well, likely because the refs were too busy trying to figure out if the Riders had enough Canadians on the field each play and tracking Jones give house keys to random players during the game, along with brown envelopes, along with all other shenignans.

Couldn't happen to a more obnoxious fan base or a more deserving, arrogant ass in Jones.

dash_pinched
08-13-2016, 09:19 PM
I can't wait for Cecil to somehow spin this where DD is the bad guy.

http://i1.wp.com/3downnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/giphy-3.gif?resize=480%2C270

Cecil Terwilliger
08-13-2016, 09:45 PM
Why would Darian Durant be the bad guy? Wasn't his fault we lost.

M*A*S*H 4077
08-13-2016, 10:10 PM
Man, losing sucks. But the roster is nowhere near good enough to compete and the on field product is pretty much what I expected for the year

CaptainCrunch
08-13-2016, 10:17 PM
The bottom line is that Jones has gone from loaded team to loaded team and won because of it, and its starting to look like in spite of him.

A good coach looks at the players that he has and builds his schemes around that. Jones seems incapable of that.

He's starting to become an embarrassment to the Riders. With the cheating, the press conference where he didn't take some responsibility, and acting like an a$$ at the end of the game, something that the arrogant idiot seems to do a lot.

At the end of the day, the Riders are probably worse then last year, I doubt Jones lasts more then a season and a half, and he's out of teams in the CFL that will take on his ego.

Red Potato Standing By
08-14-2016, 11:44 AM

so calling people cousin-####ing fans is being classy?

chummer
08-14-2016, 12:09 PM
And that interview at halftime, what a jerk.

flambers
08-14-2016, 02:10 PM

Obviously that quote is from a poster within a thread not from a CFL coach.

League need to step in and give Jones a warning...

browna
08-14-2016, 03:07 PM
I can't wait for Cecil to somehow spin this where DD is the bad guy.

http://i1.wp.com/3downnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/giphy-3.gif?resize=480%2C270

Looks like DD says something about all the hand shaking (or something) and Jones says something about, "that's just (or real?) class....why don't you win (or get?) with some of that."? Just strange. Which is why DD looks confused in addition to disgusted. I'm sure Dickenson was thrilled about the pat on his side too.

jayswin
08-14-2016, 03:16 PM
Looks like DD says something about all the hand shaking (or something) and Jones says something about, "that's just (or real?) class....why don't you win (or get?) with some of that."? Just strange. Which is why DD looks confused in addition to disgusted. I'm sure Dickenson was thrilled about the pat on his side too.

nm

TheAlpineOracle
08-14-2016, 03:29 PM
The biggest piece of #### to ever grace a CFL sideline telling Dickenson to win with some class. That's hypocrisy at it's finest.

JiriHrdina
08-14-2016, 03:29 PM
I imagine Jones fancies himself to be the CFL's answer to Bill Belichick

dash_pinched
08-14-2016, 03:42 PM
gary lawless ✔ @garylawless
add another $5,000 to @sskroughriders (https://twitter.com/sskroughriders) recent fines. They got tagged after Week 7 for taking over midfield logo during intros vs #stamps (https://twitter.com/hashtag/stamps?src=hash)#cfl (https://twitter.com/hashtag/cfl?src=hash)

lol

corporatejay
08-14-2016, 04:24 PM

Winning one championship in a nine team league. Well done, hero.

transplant99
08-14-2016, 04:25 PM
Just another example of Jones being the doosh that he is.

the fact he told DD to win with some class is just hilarious...Chris Jones wouldn't know what class is if a car full of it drove up to him, got out and bitch slapped him across the face.

He is everything that is wrong with pro sports rolled up into one piece of human waste.

Dogbert
08-14-2016, 05:38 PM
Honestly, nothing says "hopeless loser" like complaining about class. The way I see it, if other teams don't like the Stamps celebrating after touchdowns and trash-talking the opposing bench after wins, then they can do something about it on the field; until then, I'll enjoy watching them rub their opponents' noses in it.

OzSome
08-14-2016, 06:20 PM
After watching that TSN feature on Chris Jones a few weeks ago in his hometown, I thought he is not an a-hole after all. Then I realized TSN sensationalized that feature making look like a good guy. In truth, this guy ego is so huge and he doesn't give a crap if other people gets so angry with him. He is bully and he tried to bully everyone, I bet you former Riders like John Chick and others are silently sneakering seeing the Riders losing a lot this year. I agree with one of the poster saying Jones thinks he is the Belichik version of the CFL. I did not see the game so I wasn't aware of his reactions during the game and after the game. To tell you the truth I don't really care as long as the Stamps keep beating his team and make him look bad. Man I hate this guy so much that I am willing to cheer for the Eskimos against the Riders all the time.

Cecil Terwilliger
08-14-2016, 06:30 PM

Honestly, nothing says "hopeless loser" like complaining about class.

Hey there little buddy, don't be so hard on yourself.

Hockey-and_stuff
08-14-2016, 08:14 PM
He might be, with the notable exception of a championship pedigree...

Erick Estrada
08-14-2016, 08:25 PM
He snuck through the back door at McMahon and left to Toronto with a month remaining on his contract without even informing Huff. He interviews and accepts the Riders head coaching job during the playoffs behind Ed Hervey's back. He started off his head coaching career by refusing to shake hands with opposition head coaches after games. Something tells me Dave Dickenson isn't overly concerned about anything Chris Jones has to say in regards to carrying yourself with class. The failure of this season looks good on him and I'm willing to bet there's not anyone in the CFL shedding a tear for him. What comes around goes around.

Cecil Terwilliger
08-14-2016, 08:27 PM
He might be, with the notable exception of a championship pedigree...

Doesn't Jones have 4 GC rings?

CaptainCrunch
08-14-2016, 10:22 PM
Doesn't Jones have 4 GC rings?

He's a good coach when he has an absolutely loaded team like he had in Toronto, Calgary and Edmonton.

He's being exposed with the Riders, a good coach can adapt his game plan to his caliber of players. Jones is running a defense that needs a strong secondary and he doesn't have it.

As much as Riders felt like their defense played well yesterday, it was more a matter of the Stamps having a pretty off game offensively in terms of being wide open and not catching the ball, or scrambling 60 yards and fumbling because of bad ball security.

The Stamps offense played better defense for the Riders then the Riders defense did.

CaptainCrunch
08-14-2016, 10:23 PM

If you replace Bill Belichick with Jerry Glanville you have a idea of exactly what Jones is.

transplant99
08-14-2016, 10:57 PM
If you replace Bill Belichick with Jerry Glanville you have a idea of exactly what Jones is.

Actually Jones reminds me much more of Bobby Petrino than anyone else.

Cecil Terwilliger
08-14-2016, 11:12 PM
He's a good coach when he has an absolutely loaded team like he had in Toronto, Calgary and Edmonton.

He's being exposed with the Riders, a good coach can adapt his game plan to his caliber of players. Jones is running a defense that needs a strong secondary and he doesn't have it.

As much as Riders felt like their defense played well yesterday, it was more a matter of the Stamps having a pretty off game offensively in terms of being wide open and not catching the ball, or scrambling 60 yards and fumbling because of bad ball security.

The Stamps offense played better defense for the Riders then the Riders defense did.

Ok...

I was just responding to a comment that he's never won any championships.

White Out 403
08-15-2016, 02:08 AM

... well maybe they should stop all the cousin ####ing?

Cecil Terwilliger
08-15-2016, 07:50 AM
If God didn't want us to #### our cousins, then he shouldn't have made them so attractive.

dino7c
08-15-2016, 02:26 PM
gary lawless ✔ @garylawless
add another $5,000 to @sskroughriders (https://twitter.com/sskroughriders) recent fines. They got tagged after Week 7 for taking over midfield logo during intros vs #stamps (https://twitter.com/hashtag/stamps?src=hash)#cfl (https://twitter.com/hashtag/cfl?src=hash)

lol

speaking of class

seriously those clowns can go back to their car dealership jobs early this year and forfeit the rest of the season

calf
08-15-2016, 02:38 PM
After a few too many views, I think CJ is saying something like "I'm won't shake your hand, why don't you win with some class"

OzSome
08-15-2016, 10:54 PM
He snuck through the back door at McMahon and left to Toronto with a month remaining on his contract without even informing Huff. He interviews and accepts the Riders head coaching job during the playoffs behind Ed Hervey's back. He started off his head coaching career by refusing to shake hands with opposition head coaches after games. Something tells me Dave Dickenson isn't overly concerned about anything Chris Jones has to say in regards to carrying yourself with class. The failure of this season looks good on him and I'm willing to bet there's not anyone in the CFL shedding a tear for him. What comes around goes around.

trying to figure out Jones left Toronto for Edmonton while he was still under contract?