PDA

View Full Version : WinSport Summer Activities

Looch City
06-17-2016, 10:32 PM
Hey all, wondering if any of guys have done the summer activities at COP (bobsleigh/zipline/skyline luge).

I'm planning my brother's bachelor and thinking of doing a cool group activity before the drinks start flowing.

Anyone done these before and recommend it for adults? I'm leaning towards the skyline luge, heard great things about it.

You Need a Thneed
06-17-2016, 11:02 PM
Skyline luge is fun, I think I've been with my family three times now.

craigwd
06-17-2016, 11:11 PM
Skyline Luge is fun and very cheap.
Mini golf is also a good time.

The summer bob and zipline combo is quite pricey but still a good time. You get three different zipline courses and then the bob ride.

I prefer the winter bob as it's faster but in the summer you get a better experience down the track because you can keep your head up. It's a good experience to share with your buddies as you can all go at once.

meanmachine13
06-18-2016, 08:35 AM
If you call ahead and mention its a bachelor party, skyline will give the bachelor his rides for free as well. Depending on the size of the group, you might get group rates or birthday rates as well.

If you plan on doing zipline/bobsled as well, Winsport/Skyline has a combo deal, not sure how it works out pricewise, but something to inquire about anyways.

Sainters7
06-18-2016, 09:28 AM
We did the bobsled/zipline combo last summer for a bday party. I had never been before, and even said when I was there that it would be a great place to come for the daytime portion of a stag, lots of cool activities there.

The bobsled was cool but honestly the luge may be better in the summer. It was super fast and fun, but I think bobsled would be a lot better in the winter. In the summer it's a fairly bumpy ride on those wheels, my neck was kinda sore by the end. I'm glad i did it, but I don't really have a desire to do the bobsled in the summer ever again. Winter I'd like to though.

We got kinda screwed on the zipline as it was too windy the day we had it booked for, to the point staff had to close the biggest zipline run (from the ski jump). We were able to do the medium one though, which of course isn't the same, but was still fun for someone who had never ziplined before, and totally gave me an appetite to go back and try the big one.

Just fyi, if you or some members of your party have never ziplined before, I'd recommend doing that medium sized one we did first as a test run to get a feel for how to stop, before doing the big one. I just found I didn't really know what I was doing trying to stop, it's quite sudden and I could see you potentially hurting yourself with the speed on the big one if you've never practiced stopping before. I'd highly recommend doing it in general though.

octothorp
06-18-2016, 10:35 AM
Skyline Luge is fun, but go early in the day when it first opens, so you have the track largely to yourself for a few runs. Getting stuck behind a group of slow-moving carts sucks.

Looch City
06-18-2016, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the comments guys!