PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Calgary Stampeders

OzSome
05-28-2016, 04:28 PM
Stampeders training camp started this week with mostly rookies. The main training camp starts tomorrow My 29th at McMahon Stadium. Lot of changes in the team starting with the head coaching Dave Dickenson and John Hufnagel concentrating on his GM position. Other changes from personnel are Claybrooks as Defensive Coordinator, Corey Mace as Defensive Line coach. Veteran players such as MLB Juwan Simpsons was let go due to high contract and his age. On of my favorite Stampeder Keon Raymond signed as a free agent to Toronto Argonauts, Receivers Eric Rogers(San Francisco), Jeff Fuller(also to NFL but was let go before the NFL Draft). RB Jon Cornish retired due to concussion problem, DL Freddie Bishop III to NFL, OL Edwin Harrison(retirement). Lots of competition in this training camp and it is going to be interesting.

Here's the roster for training camp: * denotes to National

Quarterback:
#4 Drew Tate, #15 Andrew Buckley*, #19 Bo Levi Mitchell, #20 G.J. Kinne

Offensive Line:
#50 Spencer Wilson*, #53 Brad Erdos*, #57 Karl Lavoie*, #59 Randy Richards, #60 Shane Bergman*, #61 Ucambre Williams, #62 Quinn Horton*, #63 Pierre Lavertu*, #64 Derek Dennis, #65 Dan Federkeil*, #67 Alex Fifita, #68 Roman Grozman*, #58 Cam Thorn*

Running Back:
#14 Roy Finch, #23 William Langlais*, #25 Lache Seastruck, #26 Rob Cote*, #33 Jerome Messam*, #34 Tory Harrison, #46 Charlie Power*

Receivers:
#1 Lamar Durant*, #16 Marquay McDaniel, #78 Jamal Nixon, #80 Matthew Norzil*, #81 Bakari Grant, #83 Juwan Brescacin*, #84 Greg Wilson, #85 Joe West, #86 Anthony Parker*, #87 Simon Charbonneau-Campeau*, #89 DaVaris Daniels

Defensive Line:
#7 Junior Turner*, #39 Charleston Hughes, #44 Ben D'Aguilar*, #69 Ja’Gared Davis, #73 Josh Francis, #90 Quinn Smith*, #91 Demonte Bolden, #93 Micah Johnson, #94 Frank Beltre, #95 Uriah Grant, #97 Derek Wiggan*, #98 Brandon Boudreaux, #99 Michael Kashak*

Linebackers:
#3 Taylor Reed, #36 Glenn Love, #37 Maleki Harris, #42 Deron Mayo, #43 Max Caron*, #47 Corbin Sharun*, #49 Alex Singleton*

Defensive Backs:
#0 Ciante Evans, #2 Adam Thibault, #8 Fred Bennett, #11 Joshua Bell, #21 Adam Berger*, #24 Joe Burnett, #27 Jeff Hecht*, #28 Brandon Smith, #29 Jamar Wall, #31 Brandon McDonald, #32 Osagie Odiase, #40 Dexter Janke*, #45 Jean-Phillippe Bolduc*, #51 Tommie Campbell, #52 Malcolm Brown, #17 Demetrius Wright

Special Team:
#6 Rob Maver*(P), #30 Rene Paredes*(K), #71 Pierre-Luc Caron*(LS)

I will keep this updated and whenever someone gets cut, I will have their name listed below.

Released:
May 30 - R Josh Harper
June 7 - R #82 Carlton Mitchell
June 7 - DL #91 Marcus Thompson
June 7 - OL #66 Byron Pinkston
June 7 - R/Ret #17 Skye Dawson - put on retirement list
June 13 - QB #20 Bryant Moniz
June 13 - RB #12 Reggie Whatley
June 13 - R #79 Chleb Ravenell
June 13 - DL #77 Quayshawne Buckley
June 13 - DL #96 Brandon Thurmond
June 13 - LB #56 Jared Brackens
June 13 - DB #41 Travis Manning
June 14 - LS #35 Tim St. Pierre*
June 14 - DL #92 Ridge Wilson
June 14 - LB #38 James Green*
June 14 - R #82 Cameron White

jayswin
05-28-2016, 04:54 PM
It's been awhile since we've seen this much turnover in an off season. It'll be really interesting to see how the team looks. In my perfect world Jeff Fuller comes back, then Eric Rogers gets cut and also eventually comes back. :D

Roof-Daddy
05-28-2016, 06:21 PM
I already miss Jon Cornish

OzSome
05-28-2016, 07:28 PM
It's been awhile since we've seen this much turnover in an off season. It'll be really interesting to see how the team looks. In my perfect world Jeff Fuller comes back, then Eric Rogers gets cut and also eventually comes back. :D

I think they gave up on Jeff Fuller. The NFL team he signed for already released him.

jayswin
05-28-2016, 07:58 PM
Like you mean the Stamps gave up on him, too, even after the release? I'm no GM but I'd gladly take him back this year with the team we've got so far.

Flickered Flame
05-28-2016, 08:10 PM
Going to be a lot of new faces on that defense.

transplant99
05-28-2016, 08:22 PM
Like you mean the Stamps gave up on him, too, even after the release? I'm no GM but I'd gladly take him back this year with the team we've got so far.

Yeah Huf said a couple months back he was pretty much ready to move on from Fuller because the guy just cant stay healthy and the import aspect of him will be hard to keep him around.

“Jeff has great size — the only thing is he hasn’t been on the field as much as you’d like him to be,” Hufnagel said. “That’s part of the reason why our interest isn’t what it would have been two years ago when he first came on board.”

“I’m not sure what has come from those workouts,” Hufnagel said. “Jeff’s in a situation where with us changing the ratio and a receiver being a Canadian spot in this coming year — forecasted to be a Canadian spot — we can’t bring all the American receivers in that we have in the past. We want to bring some young guys up to compete, so I’m not sure where Jeff’s going to land.”

“We tried to move Jeff around, but his best position has been at the outside receiver position, and one of those is going to be a Canadian spot now,” Hufnagel reiterated. “We feel that we have enough talent, and with our off-season acquisitions, we’ll make sure that we have more than enough to make sure that we have a dangerous outside receiver.”

I heard/read that the Stamps will have 16 different receivers in camp this season...not the least of which are Joe West and Greg Wilson who both look like they can be big time WR in this league.

Trojan97
05-29-2016, 02:25 AM
Yeah Huf said a couple months back he was pretty much ready to move on from Fuller because the guy just cant stay healthy and the import aspect of him will be hard to keep him around.

I heard/read that the Stamps will have 16 different receivers in camp this season...not the least of which are Joe West and Greg Wilson who both look like they can be big time WR in this league.

Not saying this sarcastically because I'm actually having trouble recalling, did Greg Wilson ever really show signs during games of having star potential? I remember he lit up camp last year but for some reason I remember him having a few questionable drops during game action. Did he show flashes as well?

transplant99
05-29-2016, 08:41 AM
Not saying this sarcastically because I'm actually having trouble recalling, did Greg Wilson ever really show signs during games of having star potential? I remember he lit up camp last year but for some reason I remember him having a few questionable drops during game action. Did he show flashes as well?

Yeah he had problems getting into games last year for sure. Though he did look very good a couple times he was able to be part of things.

His problem, again, was to do with his passport and how many guys were ahead of him at the SB position.

All of him, Bakari Grant and Skye Dawson are guys to watch closely this camp.

Sainters7
05-29-2016, 12:25 PM
I'm really interested to see what they have at RB with Seastrunk. Think he could be a steal.

DirtyMike
05-29-2016, 01:05 PM
Any predictions about the battle for the 3rd string QB job? Usually pretty irrelevant but I'm interested to see if Canadian Buckley can beat out Moniz. Personally, I don't think Moniz has shown enough promise to be kept around, and is getting a little older.

Da_Chief
05-29-2016, 01:29 PM
Moniz became the short yardage guy last year after Tate struggled with it. Don't think he'll let go of that easily. He's gunning for the backup job. Especially with Tate, 31, wanting to move into coaching ranks soon.

In the end I think they'll stick with Tate #2, Moniz #3 and Buckley on the practise rosters.

OzSome
05-29-2016, 05:02 PM
I'm really interested to see what they have at RB with Seastrunk. Think he could be a steal.

Seastrunk is a returner too so if he will make the team, it is going to be a returner and a backup RB. I don't think the Stamps were very happy with Skye Dawson's return last season so there are going to be a lot of competitions on return job.

I would think the QB position will be the same as last season with BLM, Tate, Moniz but they will keep Buckley on PR. RB should probably be Messam, Harrison, Cote, Power so there should be competitions after these guys.
Receivers I think are going to be Daniels, Wilson, Grant, Parker, Durant, SCC, West. I think Brescacin will make the team as special teamer for now and kind of intrigued with Norzil. On O-Line, it is going to be a battle between Derek Dennis and maybe Randy Richards as import and Dennis will beat him out but they will keep Richards on ST. Canadian OLine are going to be Lavertu and Lavoie as a center, Bergman, Wilson, Federkeil, Erdos and I think Grozman might make it as a backup

On defense, DLine will pretty much stay the same and I think Brandon Thurmond will make it to replace Bishop on the lineup.On LB Pierre-Luc Caron will make it as a backup for LB and long snapper. Singleton will probably be the SAM LB or backing up Taylor Reed as MLB. Rounding out will be Mayo while Ontko, Harris as a backup plus Corbin on ST. DB position is going to be a battle. I wonder if they will finally put a Canadian on safety and move Josh Bell on a different position like Keon Raymond's position last few season.

I am kind of hoping a few rookies will challenge some of the veterans and make those vets earn their money to make the team.

Major Happy
05-29-2016, 10:31 PM
Any news on Varga from the Colts? The Stamps drafted him in the 3rd round last year, 19th overall.

I know he was placed on season ending IR on October 14th.

Started 3 games with them last year, but didn't get much of an opportunity.

I hope he has a great NFL career, I will always cheer for Canadians to do well in the NFL, but he would be a nice addition for the Stampeders

DirtyMike
05-29-2016, 11:05 PM
Moniz became the short yardage guy last year after Tate struggled with it. Don't think he'll let go of that easily. He's gunning for the backup job. Especially with Tate, 31, wanting to move into coaching ranks soon.

In the end I think they'll stick with Tate #2, Moniz #3 and Buckley on the practise rosters.

I hadn't thought of Moniz competing for the backup as a realistic possibility, figured Tate was cemented in there. Will be interesting to see if that pans out, I doubt that Tate would be very motivated out there these days so it's entirely possible that Moniz displaces him. My prediction is that Buckley beats Moniz out for the 3rd string job.

OzSome
05-30-2016, 08:11 PM
From Calgary Stampeders site:

The Calgary Stampeders have signed international defensive lineman Ja’Gared Davis.

Ja’Gared Davis
Defensive lineman
College: Southern Methodist
Height: 6.01
Weight: 238
Born: Sept. 11, 1990

Davis signed as an undrafted free agent with the National Football League’s Houston Texans on Apr. 27, 2013. He has spent time on the practice roster for the New England Patriots, Kansas City Chiefs and Washington Redskins. He played four seasons (2009-12) at SMU and was named first-team all-Conference USA at linebacker on two occasions and second-team all-conference once. During his career with the Mustangs, he had 301 total tackles, including 41 tackles for loss, 20.5 sacks, four interceptions, four forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.

International receiver Josh Harper has been released.

Cheerio
05-31-2016, 12:26 AM
Any news on Varga from the Colts? The Stamps drafted him in the 3rd round last year, 19th overall.

I know he was placed on season ending IR on October 14th.

Started 3 games with them last year, but didn't get much of an opportunity.

I hope he has a great NFL career, I will always cheer for Canadians to do well in the NFL, but he would be a nice addition for the Stampeders

He played well for the Colts in three games (started none) until he suffered a concussion that kept him out for 4 months http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2016/05/09/tyler-varga-and-concussion-lasted-4-months/84145580/. The Colts don't have much running back depth behind Frank Gore, nor did they draft one this year meaning it is likely Varga returns to the team next season. Hopefully his head is okay and he doesn't turn into Austin Collie 2.0. As a Stamps and Colts fan I would say it is extremely unlikely he returns to Canada next season as he is likely to make the team, and even if he doesn't, he's practice squad eligible.

OzSome
06-11-2016, 12:11 PM
Stampeders will play the Edmonton Eskimos tonight at 7pm at McMahon Stadium (Saturday, June 11th). Looks like DT Demonte Bolden who played for Stampeders before he got cut and released last year is back and will play tonight.

Players to watch for are the cousins MLB Taylor Reed and DL Ja'Gared Davis both played for SMU.

With injuries to C Pierre Lavertu, OL/C Karl Lavoie and OL Shane Bergman, Stamps been practicing rookie Grozman as a centre and that's where he starts tonight.

Other players to watch: QB3 battle between Moniz and Buckley. Bo Levi Mitchell will play but he will leave early in the game. Drew Tate will get enough plays after then it'll be between Moniz and Buckley after that.

CB position battle between Brandon McDonald and Tommie Campbell.

M*A*S*H 4077
06-11-2016, 05:22 PM
I think the linebackers are the key position to watch tonight. The heart got taken out of the defence, will be interesting to see who steps up

Great night for football

OzSome
06-11-2016, 10:11 PM
Stamps lost to Eskimos tonight 23-13 but it is a pre-season game so not a big deal. Did not see the game but I listened to NewsTalk 770 Play-by-play for parts of the first half and the whole 2nd half.

Players that stands out on both positive and negative:

QB: Bryant Moniz did not have a good game. He threw a couple of INT that cost them points. He was replaced by Buckley in the 3rd quarter. Buckley was just okay but he definitely had a better game than Moniz. Bo Levi started the game and went 5 for 6 before giving way to Drew Tate. Tate had a decent game..

OLine: Grozman played most of the game as a centre. I heard he had a good game. Alex Fifita left the game due t injury,

RB: Seastruck and Fitch played most of the game and they both looked good from what I heard. Messam did not play and Tory Harrison played a few sequence early in the game.

REC: Nobody really stands out from this group. Greg Wilson caught a nice ball but he also made a mistake a few plays after. 2nd round pick JUwan Brescacin made a huge catch in the 2nd half. McDaniel, Parker and Grant did not play.

DL: Nobody really stands out but the whole defense looks like they played well. Hughes did not play.

LB: 1st round pick Alex Singleton sounds like he had a decent game. Max Caron played a lot and looks good. The poor guy hasn't played much in his 2 seasons with Stamps due to major injuries.

DB: The player that really stand out is Tommie Campbell. Stephens and Peterson seems to be talking a lot of this guy. He made some good play in the 2nd half. Ciante Evans recovered a fumble for a TD. Brandon Smith, McDonald, Wall, Bell did not play.

Special Team: Not much to talk about. Whatley and Finch did most of the return on the 2nd half and Finch had a nice return for 30 yards or so.

Looks like teams have to cut their rosters on Tuesday so we will probably hear some of the first cut by this weekend and by Tuesday. Stamps will play BC next week.

M*A*S*H 4077
06-12-2016, 05:48 AM
Campbell looked really good at corner. A couple great knockdowns by him. He was the best player on the field for the Stamps (Joe West had a really good game when he was in the field too)

dash_pinched
06-12-2016, 10:15 AM
I think it's time to move on from Moniz, there's nothing there that tells me that he's even going to be a backup QB in the CFL, let Buckley be the 3rd string QB behind Mitchell and Tate.

OzSome
06-12-2016, 12:25 PM
I think it's time to move on from Moniz, there's nothing there that tells me that he's even going to be a backup QB in the CFL, let Buckley be the 3rd string QB behind Mitchell and Tate.

one bad game doesn't say much. Moniz had a bad game but I am sure he'll bounce back.

dash_pinched
06-12-2016, 12:41 PM
one bad game doesn't say much. Moniz had a bad game but I am sure he'll bounce back.

I'm not basing it just on one bad game though. Over the last three seasons, I've seen no improvement in his play. Put it this way, what does he bring to the table that makes him a better 3rd string QB than Andrew Buckley at this point?

MissTeeks
06-13-2016, 10:32 AM
Good for Buckley:

Ian Busby
Ian Busby – ‏@buzrbe

Big news for Canadian QB Andrew Buckley. The Stamps have released third-stringer Bryant Moniz, but then signed Tulsa product GJ Kinne

Otto-matic
06-13-2016, 10:43 AM
The following players have been released:

International linebacker Jared Brackens
International defensive lineman Quayshawne Buckley
International defensive back Travis Mannining
International quarterback Bryant Moniz
International receiver Chleb Ravenell
International defensive lineman Brandon Thurmond
International running back Reggie Whatley

Moniz dressed in 36 games for the Stamps over the past two seasons and completed two of four passes for 29 yards and one touchdown. He saw action as Calgary’s short-yardage quarterback and carried the ball 35 times for 98 yards and six touchdowns.

Thurmond played one game for Hamilton in 2014 while the other five players are CFL rookies.

http://www.stampeders.com/2016/06/13/stampeders-make-roster-moves-2/

OzSome
06-13-2016, 03:58 PM

International linebacker Jared Brackens
International defensive lineman Quayshawne Buckley
International defensive back Travis Mannining
International quarterback Bryant Moniz
International receiver Chleb Ravenell
International defensive lineman Brandon Thurmond
International running back Reggie Whatley

Moniz dressed in 36 games for the Stamps over the past two seasons and completed two of four passes for 29 yards and one touchdown. He saw action as Calgary’s short-yardage quarterback and carried the ball 35 times for 98 yards and six touchdowns.

Thurmond played one game for Hamilton in 2014 while the other five players are CFL rookies.

http://www.stampeders.com/2016/06/13/stampeders-make-roster-moves-2/

i wasn't expecting Moniz getting the boot this early but I guess DD decided he's not improving much. Maybe he got comfortable on this training camp thinking he's a shoo-in. Last game was brutal for him but I guess that's how it goes in the CFL. DL Thurmond is another guy that I am surprised getting released so soon. I guess he didn't show enough during training camp.

Good on Buckley though and hopefully G.J. Kinne works out for them. RB Whatley was definitely got outplayed by both Seastruck and Finch. All 3 of them can also return punts and kickoffs. Unfortunately Whatley did not show enough last game.

Otto-matic
06-14-2016, 10:38 AM

National linebacker James Green
National long snapper Tim St. Pierre
International receiver Cam White
International defensive lineman Ridge Wilson
St. Pierre joined the Stampeders in 2011 and appeared in 51 regular-season games, seeing action as a long snapper and a fullback.

http://www.stampeders.com/2016/06/14/stamps-release-four-2/

St.Pierre is a surprising release.

OzSome
06-14-2016, 02:23 PM

National linebacker James Green
National long snapper Tim St. Pierre
International receiver Cam White
International defensive lineman Ridge Wilson
St. Pierre joined the Stampeders in 2011 and appeared in 51 regular-season games, seeing action as a long snapper and a fullback.

http://www.stampeders.com/2016/06/14/stamps-release-four-2/

St.Pierre is a surprising release.

Wow, another suprise early release by Stamps. I guess they will rely on a rookie Pierre-Luc Caron to be their long snapper now. Chevy and Timmy are both gone already. DD and Killam must have like what they've seen on Caron.

DirtyMike
06-17-2016, 08:59 PM
Last preseason game tonight for the Stamps. Personally, I'll be curious to watch the battle for the backup running back spot, as well as whether Buckley can show enough to keep on the active roster for the season.

OzSome
06-19-2016, 09:53 AM
Damn, i would have love to watch the game at BC Place on Saturday night but that's only night I won't be in BC next week. I will be in Seattle.

Drake
06-19-2016, 10:04 AM
ScottMitchellPM:
Stamps and #Riders have made yet another trade. This one involves CB Brandon McDonald heading to Sask, per sources. #CFL

Tommie Campbell needed to be on the field so it all makes sense. #CFL

Da_Chief
06-19-2016, 10:36 AM
Looks like Cameron Ontko got cut. Good player, can see him coming back with the Stamps when injuries hit. Too many good players.

transplant99
06-19-2016, 10:38 AM
ScottMitchellPM:
Stamps and #Riders have made yet another trade. This one involves CB Brandon McDonald heading to Sask, per sources. #CFL

Tommie Campbell needed to be on the field so it all makes sense. #CFL

Campbell must really really be showing well because McDonald is a pretty damn good CB.

What time do all cuts have to be in by?

Da_Chief
06-19-2016, 10:42 AM
By 10 am. Love the CFL but this is bush league, get your cuts in on time. Only few teams have announced them yet. Or maybe the fax machine is backed up.

Drake
06-19-2016, 11:32 AM
ScottMitchellPM:
Sounds like it's a neg-list name heading to Calgary in exchange for Brandon McDonald. #CFL

Drake
06-19-2016, 12:15 PM

National defensive back Jean-Philippe Bolduc
National defensive back Malcolm Brown
International offensive lineman Alex Fifita
International defensive lineman Uriah Grant
International receiver Josh Harper
National offensive lineman Quinn Horton
International quarterback G.J. Kinne
International receiver Matthew Norzil
International linebacker Cameron Ontko
International running back Lache Seastrunk
National linebacker Corbin Sharun
International defensive back Demetrius Wright

The following player is returning to his university team:

National defensive lineman Michael Kashak

The following players have been added to the practice roster:

International defensive lineman Demonte’ Bolden
National linebacker Max Caron
International receiver DaVaris Daniels
International defensive lineman Josh Francis
International defensive back Mylan Hicks
National defensive back Dexter Janke
International receiver Jamal Nixon
International defensive back Osagie Odiase
International offensive lineman Ucambre Williams
International receiver Greg Wilson

http://www.stampeders.com/2016/06/19/stampeders-make-roster-moves-3/

Da_Chief
06-19-2016, 12:28 PM
Norzil is National, though all nationals receivers would survive but I guess one had to be cut.

Surprised about Kinne, thought they'd keep him on PR at least. Waited all these years for him to sign and release him after 2 weeks?

There's a lot of talent on the practise roster. Bolden/Caron/Hicks/Odiase/Wilson would be on other teams active rosters.

Sainters7
06-19-2016, 02:16 PM
Really bummed about the Seastrunk release. Had high hopes for him this year

OzSome
06-19-2016, 04:12 PM

National defensive back Jean-Philippe Bolduc
National defensive back Malcolm Brown
International offensive lineman Alex Fifita
International defensive lineman Uriah Grant
International receiver Josh Harper
National offensive lineman Quinn Horton
International quarterback G.J. Kinne
International receiver Matthew Norzil
International linebacker Cameron Ontko
International running back Lache Seastrunk
National linebacker Corbin Sharun
International defensive back Demetrius Wright

The following player is returning to his university team:

National defensive lineman Michael Kashak

The following players have been added to the practice roster:

International defensive lineman Demonte’ Bolden
National linebacker Max Caron
International receiver DaVaris Daniels
International defensive lineman Josh Francis
International defensive back Mylan Hicks
National defensive back Dexter Janke
International receiver Jamal Nixon
International defensive back Osagie Odiase
International offensive lineman Ucambre Williams
International receiver Greg Wilson

http://www.stampeders.com/2016/06/19/stampeders-make-roster-moves-3/

They mentioned on the Herald just this past week that Bolduc, Brown, Horton, Norzil and Kashak are all eligible for another year in CIS.

I was not surprised about Tommie Campbell beating out McDonald on the CB spot. Campbell are having an awesome camp and they can't just let him go. I am sure Seastruck will be back maybe as a practice roster as I am sure they will create some magic to put someone on injured list. Janke, Wilson and Odiase I was surprised that they got cut. They are on PR anyways so I am sure we will see them in action sometime this season.

OzSome
06-19-2016, 04:19 PM
Here's the roster for training camp as of June 19th: * denotes to National

Quarterback:
#4 Drew Tate, #15 Andrew Buckley*, #19 Bo Levi Mitchell

Offensive Line:
#50 Spencer Wilson*, #53 Brad Erdos*, #57 Karl Lavoie*, #59 Randy Richards, #60 Shane Bergman*, #63 Pierre Lavertu*, #64 Derek Dennis, #65 Dan Federkeil*, #68 Roman Grozman*, #58 Cam Thorn*

Running Back:
#14 Roy Finch, #23 William Langlais*, #26 Rob Cote*, #33 Jerome Messam*, #34 Tory Harrison, #46 Charlie Power*

Receivers:
#1 Lamar Durant*, #16 Marquay McDaniel, #81 Bakari Grant, #83 Juwan Brescacin*, #85 Joe West, #86 Anthony Parker*, #87 Simon Charbonneau-Campeau*.

Defensive Line:
#7 Junior Turner*, #39 Charleston Hughes, #44 Ben D'Aguilar*, #69 Ja’Gared Davis, #90 Quinn Smith*, #93 Micah Johnson, #94 Frank Beltre, #97 Derek Wiggan*, #98 Brandon Boudreaux.

Linebackers:
#3 Taylor Reed, #36 Glenn Love, #37 Maleki Harris, #42 Deron Mayo, #49 Alex Singleton*

Defensive Backs:
#0 Ciante Evans, #2 Adam Thibault, #8 Fred Bennett, #11 Joshua Bell, #21 Adam Berger*, #24 Joe Burnett, #27 Jeff Hecht*, #28 Brandon Smith, #29 Jamar Wall, #51 Tommie Campbell.

Special Team:
#6 Rob Maver*(P), #30 Rene Paredes*(K), #71 Pierre-Luc Caron*(LS), #14 Roy Finch is also the returner as well as a backup RB.

Drake
06-19-2016, 05:00 PM
Really bummed about the Seastrunk release. Had high hopes for him this year

Wouldn't suprise me to see him end up in Saskatchewan. Murphy was the one that added him orginally to the negotiation list when he was in Calgary orginally. Murphy was very high on him, too.

Sainters7
06-21-2016, 04:38 PM
Oh good, that makes me feel much sicker about it..

Drake
06-21-2016, 07:47 PM
Sounds like Kinne that was recently released is on his was to Regina for one of the vacant QB positions they have.

Major Happy
06-21-2016, 07:57 PM
Did Wilson disappoint during the pre-season, unfortunately wasnt able to pay much attention, but I liked what I saw from him last year.

OzSome
06-21-2016, 11:54 PM
Sounds like Kinne that was recently released is on his was to Regina for one of the vacant QB positions they have.

Wow, no surprise here! I knew the minute the Stamps released GJ Kinne, John Murphy will be all over him. He is the one who recruited this guy and the Riders needed a new QB. Riders seems to be picking off Stampeders scrap lately. I am sure the Stamps would have love to hide Kinne on practice roster if they could but there just doesn't have any space for him. Too bad I would have love to see what this guy can do.

Did Wilson disappoint during the pre-season, unfortunately wasn't able to pay much attention, but I liked what I saw from him last year.

I thought Greg Wilson had a good camp and actually rooting for him. Unfortunately Jordan had a better camp than him. Don't be surprise to see Wilson suit up for a game or more during the season. DD mentioned that he might still change his roster up until game 6.

Drake
06-22-2016, 11:32 AM
On final CFL cut down day across Canada, Calgary sent defensive back Brandon McDonald to Saskatchewan for a negotiation list player.

That turned out to be defensive lineman Tavaris Barnes. The Clemson product recorded 13 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss, three sacks, one forced fumble and recovered one fumble for a touchdown during his senior year with the Tigers in 2014.

Barnes went unselected in the 2015 NFL Draft, but inked a free agent deal with New Orleans. He made the 53-man roster out of training camp and played in 12 games recording five tackles for the Saints last season.

In April, New Orleans let Barnes go, but less than a week later Seattle signed the six-foot-four, 282-pounder whose CFL rights now reside with the Stampeders.

http://3downnation.com/2016/06/22/who-riders-gave-up-to-acquire-db-brandon-mcdonald/

Drake
06-22-2016, 11:36 AM
ScottMitchellPM:
I can confirm @scratchingpost's report that the Stampeders have signed DB Matt Bucknor. He's expected to join his new team tomorrow. #CFL

OzSome
06-23-2016, 12:27 AM
ScottMitchellPM:
I can confirm @scratchingpost's report that the Stampeders have signed DB Matt Bucknor. He's expected to join his new team tomorrow. #CFL

I wonder who is getting released... or maybe magically goes to a one, or two or three games injured list.

dash_pinched
07-04-2016, 04:24 PM
Stamps sign former BC Lions defensive lineman Zach Minter...

http://www.stampeders.com/2016/07/04/stamps-sign-defensive-lineman-zach-minter/

dash_pinched
07-20-2016, 10:20 AM
Joe West 6-gamed, darn it, he was off to a good start with the Stamps as well...

http://www.tsn.ca/stamps-put-r-west-on-six-game-injured-list-1.529647

MissTeeks
07-25-2016, 05:01 PM
Scott Mitchell – Verified account ‏@ScottMitchellPM

You can likely pencil SB Lemar Durant (ankle) back into Stamps lineup against his hometown #BCLions on Friday. He says he’s ready. #CFL

Cheese
07-26-2016, 09:46 PM
Tyler Varga retired from the Colts
http://www.tsn.ca/canadian-varga-retires-from-nfl-at-age-22-1.533368

Drake
07-28-2016, 10:02 AM
@ScottMitchellPM:

Ciante Evans starts at CB. Veteran Fred Bennett is off the roster. Rookie import Ucambre Williams gets the call at RT with Dan Federkeil out

SB Lemar Durant, LB Taylor Reed and DT Derek Wiggan all return from injury. DB Matt Bucknor makes his debut on the 46-man.

tvp2003
07-28-2016, 10:09 AM
@ScottMitchellPM:

Ciante Evans starts at CB. Veteran Fred Bennett is off the roster. Rookie import Ucambre Williams gets the call at RT with Dan Federkeil out

SB Lemar Durant, LB Taylor Reed and DT Derek Wiggan all return from injury. DB Matt Bucknor makes his debut on the 46-man.

I wonder what "off the roster" means. Not starting? Cut? Quit the team?

The Herald had an article on this yesterday (about Evans taking over for Bennett): http://calgaryherald.com/sports/football/cfl/calgary-stampeders/is-calgary-stampeders-veteran-fred-bennett-in-danger-of-losing-his-starting-job

Loud enough, in fact, that Calgary Stampeders head coach Dave Dickenson has been giving him half of veteran Fred Bennett’s practice reps this week.

That’s new for the for the 32-year-old with 73 games of experience in Red & White under his belt.

The timeshare was unexpected.

“I’m just a player,” Bennett said Wednesday. “I just work here. I guess that’s something the coaches have got to put out there. I’m not one to speak on it. I’m just here to do my part in any shape, fashion or form. Whatever my team needs me to do. I’m a team guy.

“As far as what’s going on, I feel like our coaches need to put that out there.”

Drake
07-28-2016, 10:21 AM
I wonder what "off the roster" means. Not starting? Cut? Quit the team?

He's on the 1 game injured list this week.

dash_pinched
08-05-2016, 12:10 PM
Former Stamps news - Speedy recovery for Eric Rogers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/05/49ers-lose-cfl-star-eric-rogers-to-torn-acl/

Da_Chief
08-05-2016, 02:32 PM
That's ####ty. Was rooting for him to make it big down there. Get well Rog!

Sainters7
08-05-2016, 05:06 PM
Terrible news, I'm actually a little depressed even reading that. Had a great shot not just at a roster spot, but to actually have a breakout season. Hopefully he can recover quickly and get another shot

OzSome
08-06-2016, 07:44 PM
Tough luck to the former Stampeder receiver Eric Rogers who signed with San Francisco 49er is done for season with ACL injury. I was looking forward in watching some of 49ers game this season. Too bad for him but I am sure he'll be back late in the season or next season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000680605/article/injuries-eric-rogers-tears-acl-done-for-season

getbak
08-21-2016, 04:06 PM
This should help sell some tickets to the Ti-Cats game...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqaTIthXgAE7xK4.jpg:small

jayswin
08-21-2016, 04:15 PM
Stamps ticket prices for higher seats are so silly considering the CFL's current popularity. Just no willingness to budge at all now that they're run by the Flames.

There's no reason you shouldn't be able to sit on those awful corner bleachers for $20 or less straight from ticketmaster/the Stamps. Now way you should have to find promotions for that, and see the Stamps advertise "OMG, get in the stadium for only $34.95" as if it's a low cost solution for football starved Calgarians.

Even worse the highest up seats directly beside the "cheap" seats are $51.95 each. Unbelievable, no wonder the upper corners have had like 500 fans total sit in them over the course of three years.

Drake
09-01-2016, 02:40 PM
His blocking skills almost killed Willy, has talent though.

The Calgary Stampeders have added international running back Paris Cotton to the practice roster

http://www.stampeders.com/2016/09/01/cotton-added-to-practice-roster/

dash_pinched
09-01-2016, 03:43 PM
His blocking skills almost killed Willy, has talent though.

The Calgary Stampeders have added international running back Paris Cotton to the practice roster

http://www.stampeders.com/2016/09/01/cotton-added-to-practice-roster/

I guess this means the injury Tory Harrison sustained last game must be significant.

Armchair Quarterback
09-02-2016, 01:58 PM
Stamps ticket prices for higher seats are so silly considering the CFL's current popularity. Just no willingness to budge at all now that they're run by the Flames.

There's no reason you shouldn't be able to sit on those awful corner bleachers for $20 or less straight from ticketmaster/the Stamps. Now way you should have to find promotions for that, and see the Stamps advertise "OMG, get in the stadium for only $34.95" as if it's a low cost solution for football starved Calgarians.

Even worse the highest up seats directly beside the "cheap" seats are $51.95 each. Unbelievable, no wonder the upper corners have had like 500 fans total sit in them over the course of three years.

I agree completely. I don't want to be that guy griping about the "good old days" when tickets were cheaper, but it seems like ticket prices in general are pretty unrealistic now.

On the other hand, some one-game tickets are pretty expensive, but you can still get season tickets for a great price. Not really an option for me though, now that I live in Riderland.

Drake
09-03-2016, 02:31 PM
We lost an aweomse man. RIP China Clipper.

ScottFisherPM:
Reports: Normie Kwong, one of the best RBs to play for the Stamps and Eskimos, has reportedly died.

Reggie Dunlop
09-03-2016, 03:29 PM
Former Flames co-owner as well.

midniteowl
09-03-2016, 09:30 PM
RIP Mr. Kwong

transplant99
09-07-2016, 06:52 PM
Stamps release Demonte Bolden today.

Just to much depth ahead of him according to DD. This will give him a chance to play elsewhere.

Corral
09-07-2016, 09:37 PM

For sure. The Stampeders should price those higher seats so that it is a comparable outing to a movie. In other words, $15 gets you in the gate and likely every one of those folks spends another $15 or more on concession.

midniteowl
09-07-2016, 10:24 PM
For sure. The Stampeders should price those higher seats so that it is a comparable outing to a movie. In other words, $15 gets you in the gate and likely every one of those folks spends another $15 or more on concession.

That's for sure. After watching how much people drink at the game, they'll spend well over $15 on beer alone in the first half!

Corral
09-11-2016, 11:44 AM
Very much enjoying this year's team and especially satisfying with DD as head coach. Last night's game made me realize we likely have many years ahead with a renewed strong Esks-Stamps rivalry with Maas v Dickenson; Reilly v Mitchell. Lots of fun.

What remains a mystery to me is Drew Tate. Surely the guy can start on several other teams right now, and Calgary isn't even using him on short yardage.

I've heard the rumours on TSN of maybe Durant going to the Argos to help sell tickets - I wonder if the high draft picks and roster players that would go back to the Riders could then be sent to Calgary in return for Tate going to the Riders?

I know the value of having 2 quality QBs ... and Calgary is certainly there. But at the end of the day Tate is missing his chance to play starting QB in pro football and both Dickenson and Hufnagel must sympathize with that and give him a chance to play?

Da_Chief
09-11-2016, 03:05 PM
Tate is 31 now and has one of the cushiest jobs on pro sports. He gets paid well too. I don't think he's outright said he likes the situation he's in but he's walked around that.

If he wanted to leave he could've but he chose o re-sign in Calgary and be the insurance. He doesn't have to take the beating on the short yardage either.

He's got it really good.

Corral
09-11-2016, 10:09 PM
Well, the wrong Drew went to the Argos. I would have rather seen the roster player and high drafts picks from Toronto come to Calgary for Tate, and then we could have sent Montreal a low draft pick for Glenn as a backup for the rest of this season.

tvp2003
09-11-2016, 10:17 PM
Tate has never put in a full season as a healthy starting QB so I'm not surprised he's happy to hold a clipboard on a 9-1-1 team. And he's a good QB too so I'm sure he could drive the bus if called upon (I'd take him over Glenn at this stage). Great situation for both sides.

Roof-Daddy
09-11-2016, 10:18 PM
Well, the wrong Drew went to the Argos. I would have rather seen the roster player and high drafts picks from Toronto come to Calgary for Tate, and then we could have sent Montreal a low draft pick for Glenn as a backup for the rest of this season.

Would rather have Tate as the back up.

Corral
09-11-2016, 10:25 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like Tate as our back up as well. But if Barker offered me TJ Heath, a first rounder and a third rounder for him ... i'd take it and then grab Glenn from the Als since he was obviously getting dumped. But I suspect - as noted above - there is doubt around the league as to whether Tate can stay healthy as a #1 guy.

corporatejay
09-11-2016, 11:08 PM
I think Drew Tate is using this as an opportunity to learn how to coach before he goes back to Iowa (not joking).

OzSome
09-11-2016, 11:41 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like Tate as our back up as well. But if Barker offered me TJ Heath, a first rounder and a third rounder for him ... i'd take it and then grab Glenn from the Als since he was obviously getting dumped. But I suspect - as noted above - there is doubt around the league as to whether Tate can stay healthy as a #1 guy.

I hate to say this but I don't think trading Drew Tate to the Argos will get us the same return Winnipeg get for Drew Willy. Even though Drew Willy struggled and lost his starting job in Winnipeg, he is much, much younger than Tate. I got the feeling Willy will play much better in a new environment in Toronto. It is a fresh start for him and having former QB Scott Milanovich as a head coach and Marcus Brady as an OC will do him good. Besides I would rather have Drew Tate as a backup and insurance QB for the Stamps.

I agree with corporatejay, Tate decided to stay with the Stamps knowing he might not get some playing time because he is planning on being a coach someday and he figured Hufnagel, Dickenson will help him learn that trade.

Pizza
09-12-2016, 01:23 AM
both Dickenson and Hufnagel must sympathize with that and give him a chance to play?

They do
He's the ball holder for our field goal unit

White Out 403
09-12-2016, 08:26 AM
I hate to say this but I don't think trading Drew Tate to the Argos will get us the same return Winnipeg get for Drew Willy. Even though Drew Willy struggled and lost his starting job in Winnipeg, he is much, much younger than Tate. I got the feeling Willy will play much better in a new environment in Toronto. It is a fresh start for him and having former QB Scott Milanovich as a head coach and Marcus Brady as an OC will do him good. Besides I would rather have Drew Tate as a backup and insurance QB for the Stamps.

I agree with corporatejay, Tate decided to stay with the Stamps knowing he might not get some playing time because he is planning on being a coach someday and he figured Hufnagel, Dickenson will help him learn that trade.

Willy is only two years younger. That's a year for each use of the word much.

Armchair Quarterback
09-12-2016, 08:46 AM
Calgary needs to keep Tate. If there's any lesson the CFL has taught teams in the past few years, it's that losing your starting QB and not having a reliable backup is a disaster.

While Tate is probably not thrilled at being a long-term backup QB, he has to know he's only one play away from taking over. Not a happy thought, but it's very good organizational thinking by the Stamps. You can never have too much depth at QB.

Armchair Quarterback
09-12-2016, 08:50 AM
Don't want to change the topic, but I'm really pleased with the addition of Bakari Grant this year. Great all-around receiver, reliable, doesn't shy away from tough spots. Wonder if Hamilton doesn't regret letting him go.

Fire
09-12-2016, 12:27 PM
If Tate wanted to be a starter he would have signed with another team in the off-season. He's obviously fine being a backup and getting a decent payday. He will probably be done after this season and begin his college coaching career next year.

Sainters7
09-12-2016, 12:37 PM
Yeah the whole Tate thing is kinda bizarre. What was that, like 4 years ago now when he looked like the heir apparent to Burris? Had a Bo-esque start to his career too, in terms of the W/L record. He seems like a natural leader in the huddle too, and quite a fiery personality in there. Doesn't seem like the type of person just content with being a backup for life, but evidently he is. Just an odd situation there

JiriHrdina
09-12-2016, 12:42 PM
The only thing I'll say is that Tate is a VERY odd guy. Not your typical athlete.

SuperMatt18
09-12-2016, 12:54 PM
I also wonder how a couple of concussions change you.

Saw it with Cornish who never really was the same and walked away. Maybe Tate is happy to be the back up after the concussions he suffered.

Tate gets to be a backup, doesn't have to worry about concussions as much, but still gets to be on the team (probably learn a lot about coaching has backup QB), and gets a pay day.

Worse ways to earn a buck that's for sure.

dash_pinched
09-12-2016, 01:20 PM
I thought I read a few months earlier that Drew was looking to land a QB coaching job with the Iowa Hawkeyes:

http://calgaryherald.com/sports/football/cfl/calgary-stampeders/calgary-stampeders-qb-drew-tate-committed-to-team-but-hopes-some-day-to-coach-ncaa

Sounds like he's preparing for life after his playing days are over.

Drake
09-12-2016, 01:57 PM
Taylor Reed appears to have being released...

@Tank_Reed1911:

Appreciate everything Calgary. It was fun while it lasted. Special Team indeed....

dash_pinched
09-12-2016, 02:15 PM
Taylor Reed appears to have being released...

@Tank_Reed1911:

Appreciate everything Calgary. It was fun while it lasted. Special Team indeed....

I will always be appreciative of Taylor Reed for that block in the back in the final minute of the 2014 Grey Cup.

cross16
09-12-2016, 02:47 PM
Hard business. Reed's played well when healthy but Singleton forced the decision. Playing so well and just has way too much potential to not start him going forward.

zyzz
09-12-2016, 08:10 PM
Calgary is lucky to have Tate. Trading him would be a terrible move. Like someone else said if he wanted playing time he would've signed elsewhere

Corral
09-12-2016, 08:31 PM
yeah the coaching angle on Tate helps to explain what I thought was a strange bit on this team. Thanks.

dash_pinched
09-14-2016, 10:06 AM
Davaris Daniels recognized as one of the CFL top performers of the week - Hard for Joe West to get back in the lineup with Daniels playing great.

http://www.cfl.ca/top-performers/

CaptainCrunch
09-15-2016, 01:42 PM
Thought I'd post this here. Our podcast Horsemen Radio is now available on Itunes as well as downloadable from our site.

Our link to Itunes is

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/horsemen-radio/id1150808612?mt=2

Our latest guest was Alex Singleton

you can also listen direct from the site

And listen to the last 5 years of shows in our archive

http://www.cflhorsemen.ca/2016.html

cross16
09-15-2016, 02:04 PM
Davaris Daniels recognized as one of the CFL top performers of the week - Hard for Joe West to get back in the lineup with Daniels playing great.

http://www.cfl.ca/top-performers/

I'm not sure who is responsible for it, but its quite amazing and impressive how the Stamps can always seem to find WR and OL. They are deep all around but it just seems not matter who they lose at those 2 spots they find someone else.

I'm a big fan of Daniels so far. I think this guy has the potential to be their next big star receiver.

Da_Chief
09-15-2016, 03:18 PM
Thought I'd post this here. Our podcast Horsemen Radio is now available on Itunes as well as downloadable from our site.

Our link to Itunes is

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/horsemen-radio/id1150808612?mt=2

Our latest guest was Alex Singleton

you can also listen direct from the site

And listen to the last 5 years of shows in our archive

http://www.cflhorsemen.ca/2016.html

Listened to the Singleton episode. Good listen, like his honesty. Told the Patriots to pay him up front money or he's going to the CFL, thats ballsy. Called Rams coaching staff very average lol.

Corral
09-17-2016, 10:27 PM
I've watched a lot of Stampeder football since the 1970s, and this 2016 team has to be one of the best I've seen. I do remember there was a year in the early 1990s when the Stamps started the year 10-0 - I think it was Flutie's first year here. Reminds me of then. Its not just the win-loss record though - these guys are dialed in on all aspects of the game.

Drake
09-20-2016, 03:01 PM
@calstampders:

Dickenson: Bakari Grant will be put on 6-game but we're hoping it heals quicker than that

OzSome
09-20-2016, 07:11 PM
@calstampders:

Dickenson: Bakari Grant will be put on 6-game but we're hoping it heals quicker than that

Looks like Joe West will finally be back in the lineup again. I hope he plays well enough to give the coaching staff another headache when Grant gets off the 6-games injury list. It is every team's dream to have this type of problem trying to insert a veteran player back in the lineup.

TheAlpineOracle
09-21-2016, 09:03 AM
Looks like Joe West will finally be back in the lineup again. I hope he plays well enough to give the coaching staff another headache when Grant gets off the 6-games injury list. It is every team's dream to have this type of problem trying to insert a veteran player back in the lineup.

I don't think you'll see Joe West. Bakari Grant is a slotback. Jorden is his backup and his battling for the starting spot all year.

Daniels is the guy who took West's position.

OzSome
09-21-2016, 06:33 PM
I don't think you'll see Joe West. Bakari Grant is a slotback. Jorden is his backup and his battling for the starting spot all year.

Daniels is the guy who took West's position.

They can always move Parker from wideout to slotback and put West as a WR along Daniels. Jorden been so many chances before and nothing happens?

TheAlpineOracle
09-21-2016, 06:39 PM
They can always move Parker from wideout to slotback and put West as a WR along Daniels. Jorden been so many chances before and nothing happens?

So many chances with nothing happening, you just defined Joe West's entire CFL career. :D

Da_Chief
09-21-2016, 08:59 PM

You mean 3 games? 6 catches, 101 yards, 1 TD? Kamar and Bakari were battling at the beginning of the year. Grant just won out and left Kamar behind.

He might not do much again, but he wasn't bad when he played. He should get another chance.

transplant99
09-22-2016, 09:46 AM
This weekends game is the two longest winning streaks to ever meet in CFL history.

Pretty cool stuff, and the Bombers haven't lost since they were beaten by..... the Stamps 2 months ago 33-18 in Winnipeg.

Calgary is 13-1 against the Bombers since 2003 at McMahon. Average score 33- 19.

Calgary for the Bombers is like Anaheim for the Flames.

CofR
09-25-2016, 08:52 AM
BREAKING: Sources tell @GlobalCalgary Marquee shooting victim member of @calstampeders #yyc

https://twitter.com/tracynagai/status/780049718650908672

CaptainCrunch
09-25-2016, 09:09 AM
News Talk 770 ‏@NewsTalk770 (https://twitter.com/NewsTalk770) 17m17 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/NewsTalk770/status/780057176056430592) News Talk 770 Retweeted Sports On News Talk
The team is planning to meet later today and we will have developments as they become available.

Not looking good at all

Hockeyguy15
09-25-2016, 09:18 AM
You know it's always horrible when there is a senseless death like this, but ones like this always hit close to home for me. I had a friend on a team killed breaking up a bar fight many years ago, my heart goes out to the Stamps.

transplant99
09-25-2016, 09:19 AM
any speculation on who it might be?

just brutal news.

CofR
09-25-2016, 09:36 AM
It was Mylan Hicks who was killed

http://www.stampeders.com/2016/09/25/stampeders-mourn-death-of-mylan-hicks/

transplant99
09-25-2016, 09:39 AM
Tragic stuff. 23 year frikkin years old.

Ugh.

Stay Golden
09-25-2016, 09:57 AM
Just terrible news. Hicks Grew up in a tough area of Detroit only to lose his life in a senseless shooting Calgary. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family friends and team mates. 23 gone way to soon.

Mass_nerder
09-25-2016, 10:00 AM
Anyone know what nightclub it was?

transplant99
09-25-2016, 10:04 AM
Anyone know what nightclub it was?

Marquee.

The old Denny Andrews/Back Alley

M*A*S*H 4077
09-25-2016, 10:16 AM
Tragic, senseless, needless violence. My prayers and condolences with his family, his friends, and the Stamps.

CedarMeter
09-25-2016, 10:17 AM
Unbelievable. Sad news. Condolences to the Hicks family.

jschick88
09-25-2016, 10:24 AM
Shocking news to start a morning. Condolences. Brutal

dash_pinched
09-25-2016, 10:25 AM
Just very sad and senseless, thoughts and prayers to the Hicks family.

killer_carlson
09-25-2016, 11:25 AM
Any details on what happened at the bar?

dash_pinched
09-25-2016, 11:28 AM

Sketchy details at best at this point - John Hufnagel is holding a press conference at noon Calgary time.

White Out 403
09-25-2016, 11:39 AM
Calgary had a higher homocide rate in 2014 than Regina. When did our city become this dangerous? What a senseless tragedy.

flamesrule14
09-25-2016, 12:33 PM
Just sad news. Way to young. Rip. Thoughts to his friends and family and the stamps organization.

cam_wmh
09-25-2016, 12:39 PM
This is terribly tragic. That location has been infamous for the darker side of the nightclub scene.

R.I.P. Mylan Hicks.

Did he play yesterday?

Calgary had a higher homocide rate in 2014 than Regina. When did our city become this dangerous? What a senseless tragedy.

That's interesting actually, as Regina's rate isn't as crazy high as it used to be.

Edmonton, Winnipeg & Thunder Bay, still really stand out.

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/85-002-x/2015001/article/14244-eng.htm
http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/85-002-x/2015001/article/14244/c-g/desc/desc03-eng.htm

tvp2003
09-25-2016, 12:41 PM
^^ I believe he's currently on the practice squad. First year cornerback out of Michigan State.

browna
09-25-2016, 12:42 PM

Granted I don't go out to the few clubs that are left anymore, but a few years ago went to an early evening concert at Marquee. When the concert was over and the regular Saturday night cowd started filing in, the 10 man Police gang suppression team also showed up and deliberately did a couple laps to be seen and to do a sweep, relatively early in the night. First time I'd ever seen that at a Calgary bar in my lifetime.

So, generalization or not, there are definitely some who frequent that place that are on police radar and probably also have no issue in settling issues with a gun.

Terrible news.

ben voyonsdonc
09-25-2016, 12:42 PM

The serious violent crime rate in Calgary is much lower than Regina and has been for a very long time. Although violent crime has increased in recent years in Calgary, a person is generally much safer here than in Regina from violent crime.

http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/canada-most-dangerous-cities-2016-safe-your-city/

ben voyonsdonc
09-25-2016, 12:53 PM
Homicide stats are a pretty terrible way to gauge how dangerous a city is. One attack could kill multiple people (for example in 2014, four people died in a single stabbing attack in Calgary).

Hockeyguy15
09-28-2016, 10:15 AM
Cordarro Law rejoins the Stamps.

Drake
09-28-2016, 10:53 AM
Always intrigued at this time of year the guys teams bring in with pratice rosters expanded.

The Calgary Stampeders have added international quarterback Nick Arbuckle, international receiver Devonte Robinson, international defensive back Joel Ross and international defensive linemen Perez Ford, Josh Francis and Jason Neill to the practice roster.

http://www.stampeders.com/2016/09/27/six-added-to-practice-roster-2/

OzSome
09-28-2016, 07:45 PM
Cordarro Law rejoins the Stamps.

Nice!! I like him better than Shawn Lemon. With Frank Beltre still hurting we might see this guy play sooner than later. Not sure he'll join this weekend game yet vs Hamilton but maybe another week of practice.

dash_pinched
09-29-2016, 02:24 PM
Pulled this out of a Calgary Sun article - Good news on Messam.

Running back Jerome Messam continues to go through concussion protocol. Dickenson said the CFL’s leading rusher has been passing the tests so far.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2016/09/28/outpouring-of-support-has-stampeders-qb-bo-levi-mitchell-praising-calgary

No word on whether or not he will play this weekend, though.

Erick Estrada
09-29-2016, 02:30 PM
I have a feeling they rest him for a week. Harrison isn't anything special but like most teams the Stamps have been passing much more than years past so I don't see this as anything they can't overcome.

dash_pinched
10-18-2016, 08:52 AM
Mayo done for the season (out 4 to 6 months) with a knee injury (underwent surgery yesterday). Better news regarding Shane Bergman, DD says the injury doesn't appear to be too serious.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2016/10/18/stampeders-head-coach-confirms-deron-mayo-out-four-to-six-months

cross16
10-18-2016, 09:01 AM
Mayo done for the season (out 4 to 6 months) with a knee injury (underwent surgery yesterday). Better news regarding Shane Bergman, DD says the injurty doesn't appear to be too serious.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2016/10/18/stampeders-head-coach-confirms-deron-mayo-out-four-to-six-months

Once again, have to feel thankful for the Stamps having one of the best personnel departments. Really sucks to lose Mayo, but with Glenn Love ready to step in they should be "OK". So much depth on this team, especially when you consdier how they get raided every year of top end talent.

Da_Chief
10-18-2016, 10:28 AM
Maleki Harris and Glen Love both have a huge opportunity to push for that job and put themselves in a conversation for Mayo's job this and next year.

OzSome
10-18-2016, 07:07 PM
Mayo done for the season (out 4 to 6 months) with a knee injury (underwent surgery yesterday). Better news regarding Shane Bergman, DD says the injury doesn't appear to be too serious.

Sucks losing a good player on a meaningless game.

Cheese
10-18-2016, 08:28 PM
Mayo seems to always get injured at the end of the year...doesnt he?
I seem to remember at least two other years where he was out before playoffs?

Da_Chief
10-19-2016, 10:10 AM
Mayo seems to always get injured at the end of the year...doesnt he?
I seem to remember at least two other years where he was out before playoffs?

Not sure who you're thinking of, Mayo has played in all playoffs last 3 years. He's missed like 1 games the previous 3 seasons. He's been as durable as they come. Unlucky break here.

Otto-matic
10-19-2016, 11:17 AM
STAMPEDERS TO WEAR MODIFIED ALTERNATE JERSEY

“The team made the decision to cover the shoulder patch worn by the players on the field for the remainder of the 2016 season to acknowledge last month’s tragic loss of Mylan Hicks,” said Stampeders president and general manager John Hufnagel. “The Stampeders’ black jersey has been very popular with many of our fans and players since we became the first CFL team to wear an alternate jersey in 1994 and it will remain an important part of our identity. Following the season, we will review all options in regards to potential changes to the design of the jersey.”

http://www.stampeders.com/2016/10/19/stampeders-to-wear-modified-alternate-jersey/

dash_pinched
10-20-2016, 09:09 AM
Stamps have added linebacker Jeff Luc to the practice roster. Put up some pretty good results on his pro day a year ago.

MWeesNvqedc

http://www.stampeders.com/2016/10/18/jeff-luc-added-to-practice-roster/

dash_pinched
10-25-2016, 03:39 PM
http://www.stampeders.com/2016/10/25/stamps-fans-raise-the-bar-for-purolator-tackle-hunger-food-drive/

Calgary Stampeders fans have once again answered the call, donating 72,391 lbs. of food as part of the 2016 edition of the Tackle Hunger program in support of the Calgary Food Bank.

The food collected at the Oct. 21 home game against the Toronto Argonauts represents an increase of more than 4,000 lbs. compared to the 2015 amount and brings the Calgary total to almost one million pounds – 980,764, to be exact – since 2003.

“Thanks to all our awesome fans for being so generous again this year,” said defensive lineman Charleston Hughes, the Stampeders’ player rep for Tackle Hunger. “The food collected will make a huge difference for so many families in need.”

troutman
10-28-2016, 03:31 PM
So Stamps have a bye next week, and will be off for three weeks before West Final.

Good for injuries, bad for momentum.

dash_pinched
10-28-2016, 03:38 PM
So Stamps have a bye next week, and will be off for three weeks before West Final.

Roy Finch will play Sunday (not sure how much). Hopefully, he can avoid any further injury from Kyries Hebert and the rest of the dirty Alouettes.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2016/10/27/back-from-injury-stampeders-returner-roy-finch-to-get-one-more-game-in-before-post-season

MissTeeks
10-28-2016, 05:14 PM
Tate starting Sunday:

http://www.cfl.ca/2016/10/28/report-drew-tate-to-start-for-stampeders-in-week-19/

keratosis
10-28-2016, 05:16 PM
Tate starting Sunday:

http://www.cfl.ca/2016/10/28/report-drew-tate-to-start-for-stampeders-in-week-19/
Agree with this 110%

Fire
10-28-2016, 06:01 PM

Eskimos had a bye on their last week last season and won the Grey Cup.

Roof-Daddy
10-28-2016, 06:20 PM
Yeah, the bye week is the least of my concerns regarding this team.

In order of concern:

1. Key injuries (Namely BLM, Messam, DB's)
2. Weather (The great equalizer)
3. Rust

Just gotta get through this week without any key injuries, and then wait and hope the Lions/Bombers beat the living hell out of each other. Then all you can do is hope for decent weather.

Roof-Daddy
10-28-2016, 06:32 PM
Tate starting Sunday:

Tate has always been a solid QB IMO, he just couldn't stay healthy and got sandwiched in between Burris's reign here and BLM's reign here. His injury problems are what made the Stamps have to rely on Glenn for a couple seasons.

Anyways, he should be good enough to lead the Stamps to a win over a pretty weak ALs team IMO.

tvp2003
10-31-2016, 08:59 PM
RB Tony Harrison done for the year with an Achilles injury :( too bad I thought he played well this year and was a good change of pace guy with Messam.

Da_Chief
10-31-2016, 09:20 PM
RB Tony Harrison done for the year with an Achilles injury :( too bad I thought he played well this year and was a good change of pace guy with Messam.

Injury sucks. On the other hand I'm glad to give Paris Cotton a look as Harrison has been unimpressive all year.

Roof-Daddy
10-31-2016, 09:28 PM
Any news today on DB's Wall and Evans?

Losing DB's can crush a defense.

flamesrule14
10-31-2016, 10:45 PM
Any news today on DB's Wall and Evans?

Losing DB's can crush a defense.

Saw a tweet earlier today with Dickinson saying he anticipates both wall and Evans to be available for the West final. So let's hope so.

dash_pinched
11-01-2016, 10:08 AM
You don't ever want to see anybody hurt obviously, but the O-line protecting Bo Levi Mitchell is pretty healthy (aside from Lavertu) and here's some good news from DD:

Calgary Stampeders Verified account
‏@calstampeders
Dickenson: We should get some guys back for the playoffs including Bakari Grant, Junior Turner, Maleki Harris and Marquay McDaniel

Roof-Daddy
11-01-2016, 11:24 AM
I was bored and wondering just how good the Stamps have been compared to other teams during the Hufnagel reign, so random stats time for those who, like me, are interested in stuff like this.

Overall regular season records since the start of the 2008 season:

1. Stampeders - 117-44-1
2. Lions - 89-72
3. Alouettes - 88-73
4. Eskimos - 83-78
5. Roughriders - 75-86
6. Tiger-Cats - 71-90
7. Argonauts - 65-96
8. Blue Bombers - 60-101

So yeah, the difference between the Stamps and 2nd place (28 wins) is roughly the same as the difference between 2nd place and last place (29 wins).

Overall playoff records since the 2008 season:

1. Stampeders - 8-6
2. Alouettes - 6-5
3. Roughriders - 6-5
4. Tiger-Cats - 5-6
5. Eskimos - 5-5
6. Lions - 4-7
7. Argonauts - 4-3
8. Blue Bombers - 1-2

Grey Cup records since 2008:

1. Stampeders - 2-1
2. Alouettes - 2-1
3. Roughriders - 1-2
4. Lions - 1-0
5. Eskimos - 1-0
6. Argonauts - 1-0
7. Tiger-Cats - 0-2
8. Blue Bombers - 0-1

Points for/against & differential since 2008:

1. Stampeders - 5259-4053 = +1206
2. Alouettes - 4639-4139 = +500
3. Lions - 4566-4286 = +280
4. Tiger-Cats - 4554-4548 = +6
5. Eskimos - 4364-4389 = -25
6. Roughriders - 4288-4493 = -205
7. Blue Bombers - 3731-4512 = -781
8. Argonauts - 3884-4690 = -806

Anyways, pretty impressive. Obviously should be another Grey Cup or two for the Stamps in this time frame, but really can't complain too much I guess.

Hufnagel is clearly some sort of football wizard, that's for sure.

jayswin
11-01-2016, 07:27 PM
^^^^^^^^

These stats make it even more hilarious to watch TSN over all those years where the panelists would do anything in their power to downplay the Stampeders and brush them to the side while holding up a rotating cast of the Riders/Lions/Esks and whatever east team looked like they could at all compete with the west teams as Grey Cup favorites.

dash_pinched
11-02-2016, 11:34 AM
Stamps player award nominees are as follows:

Bo Levi Mitchell - MOP
Jerome Messam - Canadian
DaVaris Daniels - Rookie
Charleston Hughes - Defense
Derek Dennis - Lineman
Rene Paredes - Special Teams

http://www.stampeders.com/2016/11/02/stampeders-announce-award-winners/

Roof-Daddy
11-02-2016, 01:06 PM
Stamps player award nominees are as follows:

Bo Levi Mitchell - MOP
Jerome Messam - Canadian
DaVaris Daniels - Rookie
Charleston Hughes - Defense
Derek Dennis - Lineman
Rene Paredes - Special Teams

http://www.stampeders.com/2016/11/02/stampeders-announce-award-winners/

BLM should win. Reilly put up similar numbers but Stamps ran away with the league.

Messam should win. Rushing title is all but wrapped up, most rushing TD's and added almost 500 yards receiving as well.

Daniels has a shot. Almost 1000 yards receiving in just 11 games.

Love the sack master, he should have a shot. Led the league in sacks, but Elimimian will probably win this for the second time.

Dennis should win as well IMO. Stamps only gave up 20 sacks all season, next closest was Edmonton with 31, last place was MTL who allowed 63. Stamps also led the league in possession time and points and near the top in rushing yards, passing yards, rushing TD's and passing TD's. All of that was anchored by the best O-line in the CFL and Dennis was obviously a big part of that.

I figured Finch would get the nomination for Special Teams, but good chance this goes to Medlock anyways.

dash_pinched
11-02-2016, 01:18 PM
Also, although it isn't awarded until early next year, DD is a shoo-in for CFL coach of the year.

MillerTime GFG
11-04-2016, 04:12 PM
Brother in law works for the Stamps, and has a promo code if anyone wants to attend the playoff game: http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=e29960c55d327f77c96255688&id=7fe0c4e097&e=f5137e6b7f

jayswin
11-05-2016, 03:56 PM
Brother in law works for the Stamps, and has a promo code if anyone wants to attend the playoff game: http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=e29960c55d327f77c96255688&id=7fe0c4e097&e=f5137e6b7f

$25 tickets and $50 for blues? Those are perfect prices to get families and the "I support the Stamps from my couch" fans out to the stadium. The Stamps should consider promo-ing the whole ticket inventory like this. It's looking pretty dire right now.