PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Calgary Foothills PDL Thread

shermanator
02-02-2016, 06:04 PM
The 2016 schedule came out today. All games are Friday nights and Sunday afternoons which is a big improvement over the 2015 season. Calgary Foothills' home venue is TBD, but a little birdy has told me games will most likely be at Calgary Rugby Park in the SE as Hellard Field is under construction in 2016. Location is not the greatest, but there is a grass pitch, and a clubhouse where we can all meet before and after for drinks.

Schedule is as follows:

Friday May 13 - Calgary @ Washington
Sunday May 15 - Calgary @ Victoria Highlanders
Friday May 27 - Calgary vs Portland Timbers U-23
Sunday May 29 - Calgary vs Portland Timbers U-23
Friday June 10 - Calgary vs Victoria Highlanders
Thursday June 16 - Calgary @ Lane United
Friday June 17 - Calgary @ Lane United
Sunday June 19 - Calgary @ Portland Timbers U-23
Friday June 24 - Calgary vs Kitsap Pumas
Sunday June 26 - Calgary vs Kitsap Pumas
Sunday July 10 - Calgary vs Seattle Sounders U-23
Friday July 15 - Calgary @ Seattle Sounders U-23
Sunday July 17 - Calgary @ Kitsap Pumas

Some of us are discussing a road trip going to an away game either in Victoria or Portland as well. If that actually becomes a thing, I'll let folks know.

GET HYPED!

Addick
02-02-2016, 06:55 PM
Come on Foothills!!!

fundmark19
02-02-2016, 07:12 PM
Living in Riverbend I don't really have an excuse to not go

Montana Moe
02-02-2016, 09:36 PM
I'm already making plans to be at the match in Portland. If someone makes it down, I'd love to meet up. I'd like to partake in a little scarf exchange, as well.

Addick
02-03-2016, 09:50 AM
I do love a bit of Friday Night Football but I'm usually driving down to Calgary on the Friday's of the weekends when I visit. Finding a job in Calgary won't be hard in this economic climate eh?

Johnny199r
02-03-2016, 01:19 PM
I can't say enough for the work Tommy Wheeldon is doing at foothills to build a soccer pyramid in Calgary so kids can move on to something bigger.

Nuje
02-03-2016, 01:31 PM
3 long months!!! All games on Friday and Sunday, couldn't ask much more than that.

I'm already making plans to be at the match in Portland. If someone makes it down, I'd love to meet up. I'd like to partake in a little scarf exchange, as well.

Preliminary talks with the other two of the Calgary Timbers Army trio has us looking at Foothills at Sounders followed by Sounders at Providence Park. If you don't have a scarf by then we'll be happy to bring one!

Ozy_Flame
02-03-2016, 01:35 PM
I'll be there this year! Are jerseys available for purchase?

Nuje
02-03-2016, 01:48 PM
I'll be there this year! Are jerseys available for purchase?

They were selling them (and other merch) at the games last year, so probably the same here.

For foot soldiers stuff, just find us and bring cash (was it $20 a scarf Sherm?)

Come to think of it, it might all be cash only.

Resolute 14
02-03-2016, 02:19 PM
Living in Riverbend I don't really have an excuse to not go

The Glenmore Trail/Shepard road interchagne construction will be a major pain in the ass for people though.

Still, I'm in the same boat as you. Getting to Hellard from the deep southeast is a pain in the ass. Getting to the CRU? I could practically walk it.

Addick
02-03-2016, 02:34 PM
I can't say enough for the work Tommy Wheeldon is doing at foothills to build a soccer pyramid in Calgary so kids can move on to something bigger.

Having football back in the City is great, having it back via a club that is really trying to do things the 'right' way is wonderful.

Locke
02-03-2016, 02:44 PM
Oooh....if its at the Rugby Park then yeah, I definitely need to try and make it.

If anyone is going and wants to do a group thing let me know.

Johnny199r
02-03-2016, 03:10 PM
It was leaked today in the Hamilton Spectator that a 6-8 team Pro league named "Canadian Premier League" is scheduled to begin in 2017 or 2018. Calgary is strongly rumoured to be one of the teams.

Ownership is a mix of CFL-NHL owners. Team operating budgets will be 4 million dollars a year.

This is big, big news.

fundmark19
02-03-2016, 03:30 PM
The Glenmore Trail/Shepard road interchagne construction will be a major pain in the ass for people though.

Still, I'm in the same boat as you. Getting to Hellard from the deep southeast is a pain in the ass. Getting to the CRU? I could practically walk it.

Always think the backdoor my friend! 114th to barlow to shepp!

shermanator
02-03-2016, 03:30 PM

Absolutely. Canadian soccer needs to clone Tommy and put him in every big city in the country. He's doing fantastic work.

shermanator
02-03-2016, 03:34 PM
They were selling them (and other merch) at the games last year, so probably the same here.

For foot soldiers stuff, just find us and bring cash (was it $20 a scarf Sherm?)

Come to think of it, it might all be cash only.

Yup, they had jerseys at the last couple games. Nuje has one, I'm sure he can model it for you. They also had T-shirts, hats, and oddly enough a rugby polo.

And for Foot Soldiers scarves, Nuje is correct, they're $20. Once our "Director of Scarves" comes in from Medicine Hat I can arrange a shady cash handover as well. We also have $5 decals too.

shermanator
02-03-2016, 03:36 PM
It was leaked today in the Hamilton Spectator that a 6-8 team Pro league named "Canadian Premier League" is scheduled to begin in 2017 or 2018. Calgary is strongly rumoured to be one of the teams.

Ownership is a mix of CFL-NHL owners. Team operating budgets will be 4 million dollars a year.

This is big, big news.

I cannot wait for this league to get off the ground. Total speculation but I think any rumoured Calgary "Canadian Premier League" club won't be associated with Foothills, although I hope the two work together on some level.

Of course, it probably means we need to re-brand the supporters group to be more of a "Bow Valley Wanderers", wandering around supporting all the various clubs in town, including Calgary Foothills. Hmmm, kind of like that name.

Resolute 14
02-03-2016, 04:42 PM
Always think the backdoor my friend! 114th to barlow to shepp!

Yeah, that's the route I would take. But the 70% of the city that lives north of Glenmore is going to take Glenmore to Shepard... the first time, at least.

CorbeauNoir
02-03-2016, 07:50 PM
I had to look it up and wow that's an u-g-l-y location even if you have a car... they really couldn't find any field even marginally close to a c-train station? How are you supposed to get back home after having a pint or six?

This is big, big news.

I've had an ear to the ground on this sort of stuff since the whitecaps entered MLS... rumors and offhand declarations like this come out like clockwork every six months or so. There's going to be a pro league tied to the CFL, then there's going to be an all-Canadian NASL division, then there's going to be a pro league tied to the CFL again, then Calgary and Hamilton are guaranteed to be entering the NASL individually next year... oops no, in two years... oops no, in two years after the end of next year... oops no, now NASL is saying they've actually never heard any word of interest at all from any Canadian markets... then there's a rival group saying there's actually going to be a completely different national league and it has nothing to do with the CFL-tied league, and now it's a pro league tied to the CFL *and* the NHL, which is going to be the real deal this time because it got a quiet off-hand reference during a Hamilton city planning meeting as political leverage to get a couple of practice fields built.

I'll believe it's big, big news when I actually see these apparently-real 6-8 ownership groups together on a stage giving concrete announcements of exactly where and when games are going to be played, until then it's yet more smoke and mirrors. Nobody seems to have any reasonable answer to how a "national" league is supposed to have any traction in the pro sports market when 5 of Canada's 6 biggest cities are already accounted for, which I suspect is why the people with money at stake never go any further than expressing vague desires to get it done.

Nuje
02-03-2016, 07:59 PM
http://imgur.com/a/0YB5C

Sorry about the potato shots, having people over in a moment but I had a few minutes. First shot is badly focused. Second shot is bad matching, but the scarf is a split logo on one-side (the current batch in stock is that exact design I believe, we can check with the "Director of Scarves")

I just want as many people around as possible to show that this sport can work in this city.

CorbeauNoir
02-03-2016, 08:13 PM
I just want as many people around as possible to show that this sport can work in this city.

I'd go to every game if they were playing in a reasonable location... even living in the Beltline that's an absurdly long way to go, let alone for people north of the bow.

Nuje
02-04-2016, 12:08 AM
I'd go to every game if they were playing in a reasonable location... even living in the Beltline that's an absurdly long way to go, let alone for people north of the bow.

Well, what's ideal though? I missed 0 games at Hellard last year despite living in the deep south. Really, you can't please everyone. show up now, and we elevate to a league where weeknight games are rare or nonexistent.

CMPunk
02-04-2016, 07:35 AM
I had to look it up and wow that's an u-g-l-y location even if you have a car... they really couldn't find any field even marginally close to a c-train station? How are you supposed to get back home after having a pint or six?

I've had an ear to the ground on this sort of stuff since the whitecaps entered MLS... rumors and offhand declarations like this come out like clockwork every six months or so. There's going to be a pro league tied to the CFL, then there's going to be an all-Canadian NASL division, then there's going to be a pro league tied to the CFL again, then Calgary and Hamilton are guaranteed to be entering the NASL individually next year... oops no, in two years... oops no, in two years after the end of next year... oops no, now NASL is saying they've actually never heard any word of interest at all from any Canadian markets... then there's a rival group saying there's actually going to be a completely different national league and it has nothing to do with the CFL-tied league, and now it's a pro league tied to the CFL *and* the NHL, which is going to be the real deal this time because it got a quiet off-hand reference during a Hamilton city planning meeting as political leverage to get a couple of practice fields built.

I'll believe it's big, big news when I actually see these apparently-real 6-8 ownership groups together on a stage giving concrete announcements of exactly where and when games are going to be played, until then it's yet more smoke and mirrors. Nobody seems to have any reasonable answer to how a "national" league is supposed to have any traction in the pro sports market when 5 of Canada's 6 biggest cities are already accounted for, which I suspect is why the people with money at stake never go any further than expressing vague desires to get it done.

You could just not drink, or bring a DD

CorbeauNoir
02-04-2016, 07:59 AM
Well, what's ideal though? I missed 0 games at Hellard last year despite living in the deep south. Really, you can't please everyone. show up now, and we elevate to a league where weeknight games are rare or nonexistent.

There isn't a single field in the city that's at all reasonably accessible by public transit? That should be a no-brainer for any spectator sport.

shermanator
02-04-2016, 08:37 AM
Save for the field at SAIT, there is no suitable facility close to a transit line. And that field has a terrible playing surface, and minimal stands. Great location, but not suitable for the club. The 24 route has a stop a few metres away, so there's a way home at least.

What if the club were to organize a match day bus from a centrally located pub? Something like the Pig and Duke downtown? It's a longshot, and there would have to be demand for it, but it's something the supporters could pitch to the club? Anything less than 25-30 people that want this for each game means no way it will have a shot at happening.

Mango
02-04-2016, 08:38 AM
There isn't a single field in the city that's at all reasonably accessible by public transit? That should be a no-brainer for any spectator sport.

There are; SAIT comes to mind first and even Foothills Athletic Park.

However, a lot of other variables play a factor. What's the spectator capacity? Is it a grass or turf pitch? Parking? Can we have concessions? Does the City of Calgary own the field and if so, how often is it in use? Who maintains it?

Foothills was able to put a lot of checkmarks in the columns by going to a rugby park for this season. Certainly the location isn't totally ideal, but the facility they're building isn't going to be on a transit line either. However, it's going to have everything else they want and most importantly, it's going to be grass.

Addick
02-04-2016, 09:32 AM
I cannot wait for this league to get off the ground.

While I definitely wouldn't mind having a larger local club to support, I think the PDL is the correct level for Calgary at the moment and Foothills is the perfect organization to have running the PDL club. Additionally, as Foothills is starting to climb the ladder they are going to require financial resources to fund necessary improvements. While their gate receipts last year most likely didn't fill their coffers, it may become an important revenue stream for the club in the future. As such, it may be detrimental to local football if Foothills had to compete for spectators with another club that may not be as invested in local youth development.

Having seen numerous professional clubs fail and youth development perennially stagnate in this city, I'm cautious about this new venture. It will depend on how the group behind the project is approaching the sport. Are they:

Establishing a league because the sport has become increasingly popular and they think we should totally have a Canadian league?
Establishing a league because the sport has become increasingly popular and they think there is a chance to profit off of the popularity?
Establishing a league because the sport has become increasingly popular and a professional league is a component of their plan to provide direction and stability for the sport in Canada?

The last approach would show this group is cognizant of the reality facing football in this country and is a group I can get behind. The other approaches left us with the Boomers, Storm and Mustangs.

Certainly the location isn't totally ideal, but the facility they're building isn't going to be on a transit line either. However, it's going to have everything else they want and most importantly, it's going to be grass.

While a lot of it may work for them, accessibility and transportation are massive planning considerations when it comes to stadia.

CorbeauNoir
02-04-2016, 10:41 AM
Maybe I'm underestimating the attendance for these games, are parking/capacity/facility demands for fourth-tier amateur soccer seriously THAT much of a crunch? Even MLS uses turf fields.

I guess I'm seeing the egg where others are seeing the chicken. It's easy to say "take an hour-long bus trip each way for games and maybe the local profile of the sport will grow someday" (especially when you're not the one taking that bus trip), I personally don't see how the profile can grow when it's made so difficult for a casual audience to experience the product. It's the same type of mistake MLS has been spending the last decade trying to untangle. The idea of a gameday shuttle might be something worth looking into though.

Mango
02-04-2016, 11:08 AM
While a lot of it may work for them, accessibility and transportation are massive planning considerations when it comes to stadia.

Certainly.

With shovels in the ground, the location for the new Foothills building/fields is what works best for them and the money they've raised.

This all circles back to the same point though and is a true testament as to why a city of Calgary's size needs a fieldhouse in accessible area.

Mango
02-04-2016, 11:12 AM
Maybe I'm underestimating the attendance for these games, are parking/capacity/facility demands for fourth-tier amateur soccer seriously THAT much of a crunch? Even MLS uses turf fields.

Speaking of Shouldice Athletic Park, the place is a total gong show in the middle of summer because of how many games are happening on the various fields and diamonds. You combine that with the renovations/construction they are doing and it's a nightmare. On a Foothills WFC game night last year, they had to have people park on the grass, near the river. The team buses had no where to park. It was an awful situation.

shermanator
02-13-2016, 02:09 PM
So I figured I would get the ball rolling on an away game trip to Victoria. If anyone just so happens to be interested, here's where we're planning such a thing.
https://www.facebook.com/events/461074727419785/

shermanator
02-20-2016, 11:50 AM
A couple of the supporters met with Tommy and co. from Calgary Foothills to discuss plans for the upcoming season. I wasn't there, so I'm passing this on second hand. A fellow CPer was on hand if they want to confirm / deny what I have is accurate:

- Glenmore Athletic Park is now the frontrunner for where games will be played, which works out much better from a transit perspective.
- The club is in talks to partner with the Ship and Anchor to get a matchday bus to and from the Ship on game days. IMO this is fantastic from a supporters point of view as it works towards the 19-34 demographic which is an oft-overlooked demographic by clubs.
- The club is also in talks to get games televised on Shaw TV (channel 10 if you have Shaw). Even a local TV deal for a club at this level is huge.
- FC Edmonton of the NASL will be in town for a preseason game.

The first three items above are not set in stone, but they are being worked on by the club. If all three can get worked out I think they are all good developments.

Nuje
02-20-2016, 11:54 AM
A couple of the supporters met with Tommy and co. from Calgary Foothills to discuss plans for the upcoming season. I wasn't there, so I'm passing this on second hand. A fellow CPer was on hand if they want to confirm / deny what I have is accurate:

- Glenmore Athletic Park is now the frontrunner for where games will be played, which works out much better from a transit perspective.
- The club is in talks to partner with the Ship and Anchor to get a matchday bus to and from the Ship on game days. IMO this is fantastic from a supporters point of view as it works towards the 19-34 demographic which is an oft-overlooked demographic by clubs.
- The club is also in talks to get games televised on Shaw TV (channel 10 if you have Shaw). Even a local TV deal for a club at this level is huge.
- FC Edmonton of the NASL will be in town for a preseason game.

The first three items above are not set in stone, but they are being worked on by the club. If all three can get worked out I think they are all good developments.

Sounds about right.

To add to that, it sounds like early March was the latest they'll confirm where they'll be playing. I'm sure myself or Sherm will know about as soon as anyone can. I agree that Glenmore would be a good location.

Ozy_Flame
02-20-2016, 11:57 AM
Those are all great moves, and playing at Glenmore Atheltic Park (I suspect the North fields?) would be a great location. Ship and Anchor is a bit far, but definitely the go-to pub for soccer supporters. Shaw TV would be a massive gain, but hopefully it would be live and not taped to show on Friday nights at 12:30 AM.

FC Edmonton coming to town for an exhibition? I'm totally coming.

shermanator
02-20-2016, 04:02 PM
I'll see if I can get a date on when the FC Edmonton friendly is. I imagine some the supporters from Edmonton would come down for the game.

cam_wmh
02-21-2016, 09:06 PM
Sounds about right.

To add to that, it sounds like early March was the latest they'll confirm where they'll be playing. I'm sure myself or Sherm will know about as soon as anyone can. I agree that Glenmore would be a good location.

Glenmore and I am there!!!

imagine they could put temporary bleachers on the track?

shermanator
03-04-2016, 10:42 AM
If anyone has an hour to spare, here's a great podcast with Tommy Wheeldon at Calgary Foothills where he discusses the PDL club and Foothills soccer in general.

http://rednationonline.ca/Portals/0/podcasts/From_the_Black_Hole_ep_70.html

shermanator
03-11-2016, 02:04 PM
Hopefully this isn't spamming. With the economic conditions in Calgary, the club is doing something different with their jersey sponsors. Instead of one sponsor for $50K, they are trying to attract 50 sponsors for $1K each. The national team supporters are starting a GoFundMe to become a sponsor.

I'm not sure how that will look on the jerseys themselves but it will be interesting. Hopefully they won't look like clubs in Central America with 15 sponsors on a shirt.

And just in case anyone wants to pitch in a few $, here's the GoFundMe, of course with the PIMking fiasco I can imagine that GoFundMe is a bit of a swear word here! https://www.gofundme.com/VoyageursFoothills

shermanator
03-29-2016, 06:39 PM
I should mention that buses from the Ship and Anchor to Glenmore are arranged for the home opener on Friday May 27. I believe it's arranged for the May 29 game as well but not 100% sure on that.

Let's pack the bus.

CofR
03-29-2016, 07:33 PM
I should mention that buses from the Ship and Anchor to Glenmore are arranged for the home opener on Friday May 27. I believe it's arranged for the May 29 game as well but not 100% sure on that.

Let's pack the bus.

Awesome news!!!!!!

shermanator
04-12-2016, 09:00 PM
Article on the club in the Herald today discussing the 2016 season. 6 returning players announced in this article, plus Wheeldon mentioned the club will be younger. Truly a place for local players to develop at the next level, as opposed to other "local clubs" in Canada where local talent is nowhere to be found.

http://calgaryherald.com/sports/soccer/foothills-fc-keep-focus-on-future

shermanator
04-20-2016, 09:47 PM
Season tickets are now available. $75 for adults, $50 for kids or seniors.

http://www.foothillsfc.ca/Default.asp?id=tickets&l=1

Also, there is a friendly against FC Edmonton's reserve team on May 7. I believe the friendly is for season ticket holders only.

Bill Bumface
04-26-2016, 09:51 AM

Let's pack the bus.

I've rounded a few guys up for this. Do we need to pre-buy tickets or anything, or just show up?

shermanator
04-26-2016, 07:46 PM
Honestly, I'm not sure. I'm seeing Foothills folks on Sunday so I'll ask.

shermanator
05-01-2016, 01:48 PM
I met with Foothills today and here's what I found out about their "Show Up Ship Out" deal for games. $15 gets you a ticket to a Foothills game, a pint of Barnacle (think that's the Ship's house beer) and a bus ride to and from the game. So far they are doing this May 27 and June 26, and my understanding is that they will book buses as demand comes up. If we can get at least a bus full of supporters I think the supporters culture may get noticed here in Calgary.

The Facebook invite is here. https://www.facebook.com/events/1022131094548309/

A beer gardens is confirmed at Glenmore. Also, the Perogy Boyz food truck will be at the games, and there is another food truck (forgot the name unfortunately) that will be there in the one game Perogy Boyz cannot make it. There is also a production company that is planning on working with the club on game day videos / interviews, including potential drone footage of games, although that is very experimental.

In preseason news, Foothills has played games against FC Edmonton academy (NASL), WSA Winnipeg (PDL) , Thunder Bay Chill (PDL) and a Winnipeg selects team and won all 4 by a combined score of 23-0.

Nuje
05-02-2016, 12:06 AM
I met with Foothills today and here's what I found out about their "Show Up Ship Out" deal for games. $15 gets you a ticket to a Foothills game, a pint of Barnacle (think that's the Ship's house beer) and a bus ride to and from the game. So far they are doing this May 27 and June 26, and my understanding is that they will book buses as demand comes up. If we can get at least a bus full of supporters I think the supporters culture may get noticed here in Calgary.

A beer gardens is confirmed at Glenmore. Also, the Perogy Boyz food truck will be at the games, and there is another food truck (forgot the name unfortunately) that will be there in the one game Perogy Boyz cannot make it. There is also a production company that is planning on working with the club on game day videos / interviews, including potential drone footage of games, although that is very experimental.

In preseason news, Foothills has played games against FC Edmonton academy (NASL), WSA Winnipeg (PDL) , Thunder Bay Chill (PDL) and a Winnipeg selects team and won all 4 by a combined score of 23-0.

Thanks for the updates Sherm! I'm still disappointed that I can't make the home opener, but I'll be there for the rest of the games. Beer gardens, food to shove down our gobs every game (instead of counting on those guys bringing the BBQ like last year), this is already sounding good! Also, it caught the attention of some people that apparently the season tickets are the same price as last year for the whole season, but there's an extra game in there. I can't wait until the 29th!

shermanator
05-05-2016, 09:55 AM
If anyone is going to the friendly against FC Edmonton on Saturday, the Foot Soldiers will be collecting money to donate to the AB Red Cross for victims of the Fort McMurray fires.

Resolute 14
05-07-2016, 09:20 PM
Ugh. So many stupid penalties. Take a bad crosscheck with 4:30 left, then Manning absolutely blasts a Mammoth player long after the play ended. We should have been down two men, but the referees evened it up by inventing a penalty against the Colorado player.

Resolute 14
05-07-2016, 09:30 PM
Curtis Dickson is such an amazing player. 5 goals, including the tying goal with 20 seconds left. Going to overtime!

jayswin
05-07-2016, 09:36 PM
pssst, res hop on over to the Roughnecks thread with the rest of us. :)

Resolute 14
05-08-2016, 10:33 AM

I was wondering why those posts "disappeared"!

shermanator
05-09-2016, 11:33 AM
Here are highlights from Saturday's game.

lDPK7KhPyNs

1-1 draw with Edmonton in front of 500ish? As the club was collecting donations for the AB Red Cross at the gate I figured we'd leave it to the club and give our personal donations to that collection.

As for the game it was relatively even on the pitch. The goal for FC Edmonton looked pretty offside from where we were, and the highlights support that. Foothills had 2 goals called back, one for offsides, and one for a foul.

Even though there is a running track we thought the viewpoint from the stands was good, especially considering Hellard had football lines. I have no idea how they played on that pitch as the grass was very long in some spots. Even though it took a while for the beer gardens to be set up, the beer was on tap rather than in bottles which made it delicious.

shermanator
05-15-2016, 06:55 PM
Calgary Foothills kicked off their PDL season this weekend. Club lost 1-0 against Washington Crossfire on Friday, and won 2-0 against Victoria Highlanders this afternoon.

Now, let's pack Glenmore on May 27. Let's show that there's some actual interest for local soccer and not just the super clubs on TV in this city.

MillerTime GFG
05-18-2016, 09:34 AM
Just wanted to say that I played on Glenmore 1 last night, and that field is just as poor as it has always been...it's a shame PDL is playing there; if only Broadview were an option.

Long grass still, which is fixable, but it's very bumpy and compressed. Really makes it hard to have any flow in the game.

cam_wmh
05-20-2016, 10:34 AM

Sherm, when can tickets be purchased for this? Day of? Advance? Only at the Ship?

cam_wmh
05-20-2016, 02:28 PM
Just wanted to say that I played on Glenmore 1 last night, and that field is just as poor as it has always been...it's a shame PDL is playing there; if only Broadview were an option.

Long grass still, which is fixable, but it's very bumpy and compressed. Really makes it hard to have any flow in the game.

Played on Frank McCool this week. My home pitch as a kid, and even it - is getting beat up. Played at Shouldice 2 earlier this season as well, and it's like a Rugby field.

I can't think of many good grass fields remaining.

Broadview of course. Mt Royal 1. Forest Lawn when it's cut. What about that Foothills field with the track around it?

I feel they could make Glenmore 1 really good, with some better maintenance & limit it to be played ONLY by the Foothills FC team.

Addick
05-20-2016, 03:13 PM
I feel they could make Glenmore 1 really good, with some better maintenance & limit it to be played ONLY by the Foothills FC team.

As more synthetic turf fields get added, they should start to more aggressively protect and maintain their Class A grass fields.

shermanator
05-21-2016, 09:04 AM
Sherm, when can tickets be purchased for this? Day of? Advance? Only at the Ship?
Only at the Ship as far as I know. As of when you can get them, I'm assuming you can get them between now and Friday. There are also "bus only" arrangements if you are like me and already have seasons.

cam_wmh
05-21-2016, 10:30 AM
Bugger. I have my own game Friday

MillerTime GFG
05-26-2016, 12:15 PM
Played on Frank McCool this week. My home pitch as a kid, and even it - is getting beat up. Played at Shouldice 2 earlier this season as well, and it's like a Rugby field.

I can't think of many good grass fields remaining.

Broadview of course. Mt Royal 1. Forest Lawn when it's cut. What about that Foothills field with the track around it?

Glenmore could be good with maintenance for sure, though it is a fairly small field if I'm not mistaken.

Played on Broadview on Tuesday, and it is in the best shape I've ever seen it in. Good on Gibbsy for taking good care of it, it was like a carpet!

shermanator
05-27-2016, 10:09 AM
Season Opener tonight. If anyone is doing the Show Up Ship Out part, I'll be at the Ship around 5 with some fellow supporters. If anyone wants to join in the supporters section, just come say hi and we'll make sure to introduce ourselves as much as possible.

Muta
05-27-2016, 01:24 PM
Damnit, wish I could have made it today. ####ing art gallery exhibit openings.

Bill Bumface
05-27-2016, 02:06 PM
I'll be coming down tonight with 4 or 5 people. Looking forward to it. I hope this weather goes away.

Mango
05-27-2016, 10:03 PM
What a great result in the home opener! The team really fed off the crowd and buried their chances.

The pitch looked in better shape tonight compared to the exhibition match a few weeks back.

I'm not sure who put the "In Tommy We Trust" banner together, but that was brilliant. Well done :)

cam_wmh
05-27-2016, 10:42 PM
Awesome! What was the score? How many showed?

shermanator
05-27-2016, 11:53 PM
It was 4-0 Calgary before halftime, the rest was saved for Sunday. The "in Tommy we Trust" banner was designed by one of the supporters group, and was well done!

shermanator
05-28-2016, 09:10 AM
Highlights of the game:

qlJJkngn6Og

KevanGuy
05-28-2016, 10:18 AM
I should be able to make the game Sunday, should I bring the drum?

shermanator
05-28-2016, 10:30 AM
I should be able to make the game Sunday, should I bring the drum?

We've managed to get a set over the offseason, but if you want to then you're more than welcome.

shermanator
05-28-2016, 11:10 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjjyvMBVEAA8UNx.jpg

Mccree
05-29-2016, 02:52 PM
We are thinking about taking my U12 girls to a game. what is best way to get tickets.

Mango
05-29-2016, 06:31 PM
Another great afternoon! Loving this quality of play. This is a great way for the team to start the season at home.

shermanator
05-30-2016, 08:33 AM
McCree, I imagine the best way is to get a hold of the marketing guy at Foothills, his email is graham@foothillssoccer.com

Another win for Foothills yesterday, and now we're top of the table. Some sights and sounds from the game are below:

cZwGNYbHyzQ

Bill Bumface
05-30-2016, 01:13 PM
We had a great time Friday, sat just behind the Foot Soldiers. Talked about forming the Foot Clan...

$5 pints of Village really help justify getting out there too.

Any more buses on the horizon? That was super convenient.

Mccree
06-02-2016, 09:56 AM
McCree, I imagine the best way is to get a hold of the marketing guy at Foothills, his email is graham@foothillssoccer.com

Another win for Foothills yesterday, and now we're top of the table. Some sights and sounds from the game are below:

cZwGNYbHyzQ

That e-mail doesn't work. Do you happen to have another one?

shermanator
06-02-2016, 01:10 PM
That e-mail doesn't work. Do you happen to have another one?

My bad. Try graham@calgaryfoothillssoccer.com

shermanator
06-06-2016, 05:36 PM
Looks like "Show Up Ship Out" will be on again for Friday's game. Same deal as last time: $15 for a ticket / pint / bus ride to and from. Anyone with season tickets got on the bus for free last time. I'm lookin at you Foot Clan....

https://www.facebook.com/events/1696767020576786/

Mccree
06-07-2016, 02:58 PM
Taking my daughters team to the game on Friday. Should be a good time.

shermanator
06-11-2016, 12:39 PM
Foothills defeats Victoria 3-1 to take sole possession of first place, with games in hand on most teams. Next game is Sunday at 2 pm. Highlights are here:

Lh-7qxY5Lgg

cam_wmh
06-12-2016, 12:34 PM
Foothills defeats Victoria 3-1 to take sole possession of first place, with games in hand on most teams. Next game is Sunday at 2 pm. Highlights are here:

Lh-7qxY5Lgg

Pitch looks in great shape

Bill Bumface
06-13-2016, 03:55 PM
Looks like "Show Up Ship Out" will be on again for Friday's game. Same deal as last time: $15 for a ticket / pint / bus ride to and from. Anyone with season tickets got on the bus for free last time. I'm lookin at you Foot Clan....

https://www.facebook.com/events/1696767020576786/

I was out of town for this one. Dang. How was the turnout for the bus? Please post up if it's going on again, and I'll try reunite the Foot Clan.

shermanator
06-13-2016, 05:44 PM
Calgary Foothills drew 2-2 with Victoria Highlanders yesterday. 3 points clear of second place Lane United with a game in hand. 3 games in Oregon next weekend; Thursday and Friday against Lane United and Sunday against Portland Timbers U-23. The Lane United games will be streamed on Youtube.

Yesterday's game was broadcast live on Shaw TV as a trial run, and my understanding is there will be replays of the game this week on Channel 10. I've watched a bit of the replay and thought it was decent production for a local TV station. Also I found out that the club actually pays the visiting airfare for all clubs making the trip to Calgary as one of their conditions for joining the PDL, which I've never heard of before. So not only are travel costs high for the club, but they are doubly high because they have to pay for other clubs just to show up.

I was out of town for this one. Dang. How was the turnout for the bus? Please post up if it's going on again, and I'll try reunite the Foot Clan.

The bus was about half full given that it was only announced a few days before. I believe the game on the 24th will have the same deal.

shermanator
06-18-2016, 05:03 PM
Not sure many follow this thread anymore, but Show Up Ship Out will be happening for the June 26 game:

https://www.facebook.com/events/295933274081530/

shermanator
07-05-2016, 01:44 PM
Foothills' regular season home finale is this Sunday at 2 pm. Timing is pretty ####ty given that they are going up against the Euro final.

Depending on how the results go prior to Sunday, Foothills might be already in a playoff spot, or can clinch a playoff spot. Top two make the playoffs, and I assume top seed gets the home game. Current standings are as follows:

Seattle U-23 - 12 GP, 24 PTS
Calgary - 11 GP, 21 PTS
Lane United - 10 GP, 13 PTS
Washington - 11 GP, 13 PTS
Victoria - 12 GP, 13 PTS
Kitsap - 11 GP, 10 PTS
Portland U-23 - 11 GP, 9 PTS

KevanGuy
07-15-2016, 03:31 PM
So do we get a home playoff game? I cant even find the table on the Foothills pdl website.

shermanator
07-15-2016, 10:30 PM
As of....5 minutes ago....I can confirm that Calgary Foothills have clinched first place in the Northwest Division. They will host Seattle Sounders U-23 in the playoffs Tuesday night at 7:30 pm. This will definitely be the last home game of the year, as if they win they will be playing the next round in Tuscon.

If you support local soccer, simply show up.

Edit: According to this tweet, the game will be at Broadview field, not Glenmore https://twitter.com/FoothillsFCU23/status/754179891134799872

CofR
07-15-2016, 11:28 PM
Do we know any information for ticketing?

shermanator
07-16-2016, 08:38 AM
Do we know any information for ticketing?

Not yet, the club said they'd let me know today hopefully.

shermanator
07-17-2016, 10:43 PM
Looks like tickets will be available at the gate. $10 each.

cam_wmh
07-17-2016, 11:05 PM
As of....5 minutes ago....I can confirm that Calgary Foothills have clinched first place in the Northwest Division. They will host Seattle Sounders U-23 in the playoffs Tuesday night at 7 pm. This will definitely be the last home game of the year, as if they win they will be playing the next round in Tuscon.

If you support local soccer, simply show up.

Edit: According to this tweet, the game will be at Broadview field, not Glenmore https://twitter.com/FoothillsFCU23/status/754179891134799872

MAAN~!! ANOTHER conflict with my own team. Same time, but all the way at the new Brighton fields.

Are those fields nice btw?

corporatejay
07-17-2016, 11:10 PM
Sorry, where is broadview field? Is that the one on memorial?

Addick
07-18-2016, 07:57 AM
Sorry, where is broadview field? Is that the one on memorial?

Yup, Memorial and 19th Street. Interestingly, Broadview Park follows the traditional British naming tradition as its located on Broadview Road.

Mango
07-18-2016, 08:19 AM
An interesting read from Terry Jones on the future of FC Edmonton: http://www.edmontonsun.com/2016/07/17/fc-edmonton-competitive-on-the-pitch-but-dont-have-the-pitch-to-compete-in-the-nasl

While it doesn't relate to Foothills directly, it's some interesting food for thought, especially the comments from the ownership.

CofR
07-18-2016, 08:46 AM
Who from CP will be there tomorrow? I'm in!

AndyM
07-18-2016, 08:58 AM
An interesting read from Terry Jones on the future of FC Edmonton: http://www.edmontonsun.com/2016/07/17/fc-edmonton-competitive-on-the-pitch-but-dont-have-the-pitch-to-compete-in-the-nasl

While it doesn't relate to Foothills directly, it's some interesting food for thought, especially the comments from the ownership.

Is there an update on how far along the Foothills club is on the stadium they're building? What did they say the capacity was supposed to be?

shermanator
07-18-2016, 09:02 AM

Very interesting article. Even more interesting in that the author is calling for the city to build a stadium, when there is clearly not a need for it. Given that the city said they would do it if the club sold out, and they haven't done that, it's on the club to prove there is a demand.

For whatever reason, the club in Edmonton just hasn't taken off. Personally I think Edmonton is just a #### sports town.

MillerTime GFG
07-18-2016, 10:27 AM
If I didn't have my own game as well, I may have come to this one. Broadview should make for a good game...huge pitch in pristine condition. For those of you that haven't seen it before, you'll be surprised just how good a field it is.

Jimmy Stang
07-18-2016, 10:49 AM
What is the reason for playing this at Broadview? Glenmore simply not available?

MillerTime GFG
07-18-2016, 11:43 AM
What is the reason for playing this at Broadview? Glenmore simply not available?

Heard Wheeldon on 960 this morning saying they had scheduled maintenance at Glenmore, which has already started.

cam_wmh
07-18-2016, 10:19 PM
Broadview will be way better anyway. And it's a damn big field.

Have fun guys!! GO FOOTHILLS! (thats gonna take getting used to, growing up playing Celtics)

Bill Bumface
07-19-2016, 10:47 AM
Out of town and I always said how much I wish they played at Broadview. Dammit.

MillerTime GFG
07-19-2016, 12:06 PM
I imagine it's going to be a decent turnout tonight, so I would recommend getting there early, as parking is VERY limited there.

shermanator
07-19-2016, 04:35 PM
Ya, Broadview Park is looking pretty sharp. Would make a great full time park for Foothills if there were more bleachers. Can't imagine the NIMBY's would be too happy about that idea though.

If anyone wants to hang out with us supporters, come by and say hi. I have no idea where we will be standing.... Also, the club says there will be beer available. Not sure if that is a beer gardens or what.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnwsguZUIAA4_QQ.jpg

Magnum PEI
07-19-2016, 06:33 PM
I guess I'm going. Kind of divided loyalty. I'll probably don my sounders garb but secretly cheer for the locals.

shermanator
07-19-2016, 10:41 PM
3-1 Calgary Foothills over Seattle Sounders in extra time to win the Northwest Division. Foothills now goes to Arizona to play FC Tuscon and the winners of two games in extra time as I type this.

Good turnout, fantastic atmosphere, and I think I speak for most supporters when I say I absolutely love Broadview Park. Let's crowdfund some bleachers and make it a proper park. Some photos from the evening:

https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13710530_10100464745469357_4428886352143556515_o.j pg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnxpyQ0VYAAbdNw.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnxWrJwVYAI4dG9.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnyC3gkXEAAUvQF.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cnx7oWMUIAAclt9.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cnx12g1UEAA9imD.jpg

And this: https://twitter.com/grahamfish9/status/755624074089492484

CofR
07-19-2016, 11:18 PM
Was a really fun atmosphere today, great exciting game and a good crowd

Addick
07-20-2016, 08:32 AM
I'm sad that I missed an intense game at a venue that sounds like it is great for football at this level. However, the fact that we're moving on is delightfully pleasing! Come on you hoops!!!

Good turnout, fantastic atmosphere, and I think I speak for most supporters when I say I absolutely love Broadview Park. Let's crowdfund some bleachers and make it a proper park.

I'm telling you, a couple of these:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/3EPIOgAoXbgjB9CPRRMcPW74k9xjU-LFiUSUhFl1uh81qYFdiBdbsS74y8fWmsekyZmHt4nKvbrs0V2V jKaoSzurGHRzlxRyFW_sM6KPSttOBXhyOj4hnoSnDJ6rPlxG0L fP4pppDYRKO0FzLIRr5y-PgIB8eQiAbEPvW2rxHSdbFmUk_9QeF14QWCw9LLsG1LyB1Xdhp VGHVJeAksYFWZsh29lhWETvYR_LgqpaJi1VQxkQLkpDjfsMMyL l0VF0Tur9CGaP4crBcgyel5Iy4BBNSA7Qc9m47j3MD3md8U1xS vTN9sn8CBc3IHeI1DSkXI7mWHLJx3HQe-EnuX5bimtNUiahM7JtXipGvJpfCIZpz0vUiGWBiy-b-2RH8bggsixPHUuEFy3ZWDc9FNODrfNXIM6L0bHQZD9bcHn4NQp ySP-vxWuUuUnF3MYG_TuVGfy4qBdTurmj7qUbxhsMLV0XpZJvLaSp3 1h4HDNdhNUdN2AC_WGsF2GQmjBpUqYLBzJILa7w9lf5yPWD9WF 7B9OlITMg_qewZm0HhVABsFKUGrGGlETAIk8yFVF7Qv1MOft-yQWIQvBqjMCvhrK1OEC7I5b1KcA=w800-h600-no

And a few of these:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/XeTsJXoqRj4l88xglBELEgeyQrHfSuEAadM6MF5UM-L7RvVLR3iV5CK8ho7U8hZxPwBS4O7HbwBRGBSOtt3ZkDfu3pEu W8trwtRY_PCrpsa2TTOBpFPNldJ_j9oNVNBSJuZy2C-nbBzaUjisCCff19RTLh5YYaLfTz6qoGDTY3bHsxpRDk7MWD5r4 52cSrueRS8pyZsbZQHvnAT7WpE3vuOSb0cy7c6tqHJYAvIjJJc dzwDw3qnsO83Rl66mZx7uIioGgvlDIN6tSkruqtpeEz2fpPDcS Fdrar_SY78Y82HVOShSy37FZUe5H_IQRFHTtJMqKocvME-_5JtQ4P4KHtdENdKyTyMs80GSEdEwvwaHDWxdavjZfFnNbrUgg MAhxp1Ov2Eh0RmSTwrE65zgOhGuOmTU6TjE_h4FEepEW-1FpCqoAit3jUBMLJtaPT6riGix12tWQPHRaoVsm2nGr8aGmi_D-lmTbq9N1b5eIvsfYXFcxKyZ4MiAyN3Ede2HQcCWWjLKQGKn8rB WvYWG5OKKY0TQl6_7TVeWbgODPNmVhDuuxJyoIyr5SIGVAzEv2 qGYpaX-IhJ2IEDWkJCVwSRi-aP7nAY=w614-h311-no

cam_wmh
07-20-2016, 02:40 PM
I made it for the last 20 minutes. Saw the 3rd goal, and a ringer off the post against us.

What great atmosphere. Love it.

M*A*S*H 4077
07-20-2016, 03:58 PM
That was a great evening Broadview is such a great location

Mango
07-22-2016, 06:59 PM
Kick off is moments away between Foothills and Golden State Force.

It's being streamed from Tucson by the hosts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_82nV4fYSvE

Mango
07-22-2016, 09:05 PM
The pitch they played on looked atrocious on the feed. It was like someone had sewn patches of grass together.

Regardless, they controlled play from the opening whistle and earned the 1-0 victory on a nice finish by Dominic Russo.

Off to the Western Conference Finals!

shermanator
07-23-2016, 10:23 AM
Logged in from Playa Del Carmen to see another victory for Foothills! Have to think scouts are salivating over Dominic Russo after the finish he's shown in the last month.

MillerTime GFG
07-23-2016, 10:43 AM
I can speak from personal experience playing against Dominic, as I've played against him probably 20 times. Don't really like him as a person, but he is quite tough to play against. Not a ton of raw talent, but he's extremely good at posting up defenders, wrapping his arms around them, and turning them. If you jump in on him, he'll turn you easily. Very strong kid. He has a way of getting under defender's skin, which makes defenders want to play even more aggressively against him, which is in his favour. Calm finisher too. I tuned into some of the game last night, and he was having the same affect on the GS defenders.

Hope he doesn't see this post and know it's me. Can't let him know that I admit he's good for the next time I play him in indoor.

shermanator
07-23-2016, 11:58 PM
Foothills has now made the final 4. Defeated FC Tuscon 2-1 in Tuscon to win the Western Conference title.

Makarov
07-24-2016, 06:26 AM
When is th next match?

KevanGuy
07-24-2016, 12:56 PM
I can't believe I had an all weekend work event that prevented me from watching these two games. To make the final 4 is incredible and I really really hope this fast tracks the teams popularity.

Mango
07-25-2016, 02:07 PM
When is th next match?

July 30 at 3 p.m. MT from the Tennessee Avenue Soccer Complex.

More details: http://www.uslpdl.com/news_article/show/673112?referrer_id=2242498

shermanator
07-26-2016, 09:14 AM
I'm checking with the clubs to see if the game will be streamed. If it is I'll set up a watch party for supporters

Nuje
07-26-2016, 09:16 AM
https://twitter.com/FoothillsFCU23/status/757957009744404480

The answer is yes!

shermanator
07-27-2016, 09:07 PM
Here are some highlights from the win over the Sounders.

Dominic Russo goal to make it 1-0 in the first half:

PgHoZiwo06c

Powley PK save to keep it level at 1 in the second half:

IcSCmzw2D2k

Ajeej Sarkaria goal to put Foothills up 2-1 in extra time. You may briefly notice me joining the mob around the 0:30 mark...

ZN7656WG6Wk

Tofa Fakunle goal to make it 3-1 in extra time:

N3oeNTAhnDI

Pitch invasion:

-J2qDD_X4ZI

Nuje
07-29-2016, 01:50 PM
Watch party confirmed for tomorrow's match. Wurst will be hosting us. Kickoff is 3PM MST.

shermanator
07-29-2016, 01:51 PM
Our watch party for the PDL semifinal will be at WURST at 3 pm.

Nuje
07-29-2016, 02:09 PM
Heh. It's like you just follow the capo, even on CalgaryPuck!

Mango
07-30-2016, 03:00 PM
For those watching from home:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbVdpka_p64

KO is moments away.

shermanator
07-30-2016, 04:43 PM
2-0 Foothills. 75th minute.

Mango
07-30-2016, 05:06 PM
Off to the Championship! Amazing! I think there's a chance Calgary can host?

shermanator
07-30-2016, 05:06 PM
Foothills win 3-0. Finals are next Saturday against the winner of Michigan Bucks / Odessa Sockers

skrish
07-30-2016, 05:12 PM
Off to the Championship! Amazing! I think there's a chance Calgary can host?

I think we can if Michigan loses. Solid win today!

shermanator
07-30-2016, 05:55 PM
I think we can if Michigan loses. Solid win today!

That's my understanding. Talking to the Foothills folks it might be a bit more complicated, but I'm going with that assumption.

If we host, Hellard is the most likely venue. Club is looking towards McMahon as well.

shermanator
07-30-2016, 07:21 PM
The 2016 PDL final will be Calgary Foothills vs Michigan Bucks - in Michigan. We will be holding our watch party of the game at the Ship and Anchor. Event is here. Will get specific times when they are available. Let's pack the place.

https://www.facebook.com/events/212809495787840/?notif_t=plan_user_joined&notif_id=1469927762476180

shermanator
08-01-2016, 04:23 PM
Saturday's PDL final will be at 5:30 MST.

shermanator
08-05-2016, 10:01 AM
PDL final is tomorrow - 5:30 PM MST. There will be two watch parties for the game.

The Supporters watch party will be at the Ship and Anchor. The bar is ending their open mic early to show the game with sound. There will also be an all ages watch party at the Foothills facility.

Mango
08-06-2016, 05:31 PM
It's time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lwIFedUSBQ

Indoor facility?

Otto-matic
08-06-2016, 07:04 PM
Damn that was a nice header. 2-2

shermanator
08-07-2016, 12:54 PM
Foothills lose the PDL Championship 3-2 on a dubious penalty call. Hell of a season!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lwIFedUSBQ&feature=youtu.be&t=2h7m25s

Reneeee
08-07-2016, 07:44 PM
Seems like a lazy play by the official to not have the game go into extra time. Even if there was a slight grab, the player went down like he was 100 lbs less than the defender. Tough break, but hopefully this fasttracks an MLS club in this city.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Da_Chief
08-07-2016, 09:34 PM
What kind of attendance numbers did the club see this year?

shermanator
08-08-2016, 11:10 AM
What kind of attendance numbers did the club see this year?

Attendance isn't really reported at the PDL level, but my guesses would be anywhere from 150 (for the game where it was pouring all day) to 1200 (playoff game vs Seattle). Most games were in the 500-750 range by my guess.

Ozy_Flame
08-08-2016, 01:37 PM
Attendance isn't really reported at the PDL level, but my guesses would be anywhere from 150 (for the game where it was pouring all day) to 1200 (playoff game vs Seattle). Most games were in the 500-750 range by my guess.

For comparison's sake, Edmonton FC draws about 3000 per home game. They are also a level up and have been around for a few more years than Foothills. They also have a proper stadium (Clarke Stadium).

jayswin
08-09-2016, 12:09 PM
For comparison's sake, Edmonton FC draws about 3000 per home game. They are also a level up and have been around for a few more years than Foothills. They also have a proper stadium (Clarke Stadium).

...and may not be around much longer due to that attendance.

Addick
08-09-2016, 03:34 PM
The boys may not be able to win the Championship but some can still win the Fan Choice Playoff Team poll.

Edit: I probably should have included the link. 2016 All-PDL Playoffs Team - Fans' Choice (http://www.uslpdl.com/news_article/show/677244?referrer_id=2242498)

shermanator
08-16-2016, 08:11 PM
Foothills announced their new indoor / outdoor facility that has begun construction, and is scheduled to open in January. Once complete, it will be the only full sized indoor pitch in the province. Looks like it will be built with private money with the club renting the space.

FWIW, the development of full sized indoor pitches is what has helped Iceland become a developmental powerhouse in a few short years.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cp6sJZxUIAEvek7.jpg

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/new-indoor-soccer-complex-will-let-calgary-athletes-train-year-round-1.3031442

Addick
08-17-2016, 08:19 AM
FWIW, the development of full sized indoor pitches is what has helped Iceland become a developmental powerhouse in a few short years.

Foothills is following the Icelandic model rather closely as the club also provides free coaching courses to their coaches.

cam_wmh
08-17-2016, 08:39 AM
125 yd x 75 yd is a good size.

For perspective, Old Trafford is 114.8 yd × 74.4 yd

MillerTime GFG
08-17-2016, 10:47 AM
Pretty exciting stuff for the club. Indoor soccer slowly becoming a thing of the past, which is somewhat sad as it is quite fun, but it's for the best from a development standpoint.

What a huge difference this will make for a club that is really solidifying itself as one of the best in the country, if not the best.

EDIT: And by best clubs in the country, I mean youth clubs.