Anaheim vs. Nashville

Iggy with another power play goal for the Avs:

2015020164-64-h

DaQwiz
11-01-2015, 03:54 PM
Those Avs jerseys are so slick

mikephoen
11-01-2015, 04:08 PM
I love a good Iggy snipe. Too bad Colorado let the Sharks sneak that one out.

I didn't get to watch it, but I listened to it on the radio while I drove around. The always biased Avs radio crew felt the Avs badly outplayed the Sharks and deserved the win, but who knows. Those guys aren't exactly reliable.

Machiavelli
11-01-2015, 05:23 PM
Byron with another shorthanded breakaway goal.

Ashasx
Paul Byron just scored on another breakaway shorthanded.

AC
Byron makes the Jets pay with another shorthanded breakaway goal!

Way to go!

Aleks
Byron burying short handed breakaways

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

FireGilbert
11-01-2015, 05:40 PM
Good to see Byron getting ice time and having success on the best team in the league. Huge mistake by Treliving to lose him on waivers.

JiriHrdina
11-01-2015, 05:51 PM
Huge mistake to lose a part time NHLer?

EldrickOnIce
11-01-2015, 06:00 PM
Good to see Byron getting ice time and having success on the best team in the league. Huge mistake by Treliving to lose him on waivers.

Yeah. 26 teams passed on him prior to the Habs taking him, and then he sat in the press box for 10 games before drawing in. So plenty of mistakes all round I guess.

hummdeedoo
11-01-2015, 06:01 PM

Byron was a full time player for us last year. He would also have helped the team this year.

Maybe not a huge mistake but still a mistake.

sharkov
11-01-2015, 06:02 PM
Byron burying short handed breakaways

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

like he use to do for us

JiriHrdina
11-01-2015, 06:04 PM
Byron was a full time player for us last year. He would also have helped the team this year.

Maybe not a huge mistake but still a mistake.

57 games is not full time

Magnum PEI
11-01-2015, 06:07 PM
57 games is not full time

IIRC he was never a healthy scratch last season.

Edit: It's true. Source:http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/07/26/calgary-flames-ink-paul-byron-to-one-year-deal

JiriHrdina
11-01-2015, 06:08 PM
IIRC he was never a healthy scratch last season.

Maybe but his inability to stay healthy is one reason he was expendable

Trailer Fire
11-01-2015, 06:12 PM

The other reason he was expendable is because he rarely ever converted on his chances. He is 2 for 2 right now.

Machiavelli
11-01-2015, 06:15 PM
This Byron obsession is weird to me. Such a bit player; he's not going to make or break a team either way.

It's never great to lose players for nothing, but I don't think it should cause so much agony.

Nice to see him finally converting.

Finger Cookin
11-01-2015, 06:21 PM
lol Hutchinson

Trailer Fire
11-01-2015, 06:27 PM
This Byron obsession is weird to me. Such a bit player; he's not going to make or break a team either way.

It's never great to lose players for nothing, but I don't think it should cause so much agony.

Nice to see him finally converting.

I wouldn't call myself obsessive. I liked him as a player, but hated that he couldn't seem to score on a breakaway to save his life.

I suppose it is somewhat obsessive of me that I made a 5'7 163 lbs sniper in NHL 15 BaP that emulated Byron. Speed and tenacity. I love it.

I'm somewhat sad to lose Byron, but I don't think he really had a place on our team.

EldrickOnIce
11-01-2015, 06:28 PM
lol Hutchinson

I no longer have the desire to laugh at horrible tending... :bag:

Story of the a Habs year so far. Abundant secondary scoring

activeStick
11-01-2015, 06:30 PM

I like this baiting post [emoji3]

Machiavelli
11-01-2015, 06:38 PM
The Habs are back to firing on all cylinders.

I find them so entertaining to watch, and I hate the Habs.

FireGilbert
11-01-2015, 07:17 PM
https://tworunningsisters.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/gob-bluth.jpg

"Huge" was an exaggeration but this does not look good on Treliving. If he can succeed as the 13th forward on the best team in the league surely he could have been the 13th forward on one of the worst teams in the league.

Also, I believe the Flames did not need to put him on waivers if they dealt with the three headed goalie sooner.

calumniate
11-01-2015, 07:34 PM
Yeah, losing Byron would have been one thing alone. But losing him to carry three goalies is troubling.. we'd invested a few years in the guy

Husky
11-01-2015, 07:45 PM
Byron may not be a legit top 9 forward but his speed and pressure makes him an excellentfor the pk. Having that kind of speed keeps the other team honest in fear of SH chances.

Vulcan
11-01-2015, 07:51 PM
I was surprised when Byron was claimed. The thing was although he was medically cleared he wasn't up to speed yet and is probably why he didn't get into any games until recently. That the Canadiens or anyone would want a tweener in that condition with no guarantee that he'd regain his form is as I said surprising.

White Out 403
11-01-2015, 08:02 PM
Disappointing doesn't begin to describe my thoughts on that crap festival.

mdubz
11-01-2015, 09:42 PM
Well Eichel sure died off.

jayswin
11-01-2015, 09:56 PM
Those Avs jerseys are so slick

Really? The blue and purple don't go together at all, and the shoulder yokes look awkward.

EldrickOnIce
11-02-2015, 06:17 AM
Will the league look at Byfuglien chicken wing elbow on Gallagher? It's become typical, and unnecessary

Edit: I guess they are reviewing it
http://thehockeywriters.com/video-dustin-byfuglien-toes-the-line-on-gallagher-hit/

crapshoot
11-02-2015, 07:22 AM
Considering how good they look, I still can't believe the Canadiens gifted a win to the Oilers.

crapshoot
11-02-2015, 07:40 AM
Seems like Iggy is hell bent on getting back to 30 goals this season.

saillias
11-02-2015, 09:48 AM

This is not a legitimate knock against him. If Gio, Bouma, Backlund, can earn long-term contracts it's not a problem for this club.

The non-chalant dismissal of Byron is baffling. Some can't admit when Treliving makes a mistake.

CroFlames
11-02-2015, 09:52 AM
Seems like Iggy is hell bent on getting back to 30 goals this season.

Yeah it really sucks his streak ended at 29 last year. I still cheer for him to do well.

EldrickOnIce
11-02-2015, 10:03 AM
This is not a legitimate knock against him. If Gio, Bouma, Backlund, can earn long-term contracts it's not a problem for this club.

The non-chalant dismissal of Byron is baffling. Some can't admit when Treliving makes a mistake.
It's only a mistake if one believes the Flames do not need to get bigger to compete in the west.
Had Kassian not pulled the truck crash move, Byron would have cleared anyway. It was unfortunate timing. He could have been a short term injection of energy to the lineup from time to time. Long term, no.

saillias
11-02-2015, 10:08 AM
This constant use of "well the Montreal Canadiens are low on waiver priority so therefore Byron is not a valued player" is sort of lame reasoning. A waiver claim is a waiver claim. Especially at the beginning of the regular season during a waiver frenzy. This was a good team and good GM who thought his team could use him. Every team will have some sort of freak illness or injury that will force them to go looking. It doesn't discredit the fact he was claimed.

CroFlames
11-02-2015, 10:09 AM

The fact of the matter is that Byron was overtaken in the depth chart by guys like Jooris, Ferly & Bouma. So waiving him was the only option at the time.

We could probably use a guy like Byron now who's always had jump in his step, but hindsight is 20/20. Flames could have drafted Benn or Datsyuk too.

Enoch Root
11-02-2015, 10:34 AM
The fact of the matter is that Byron was overtaken in the depth chart by guys like Jooris, Ferly & Bouma. So waiving him was the only option at the time.

We could probably use a guy like Byron now who's always had jump in his step, but hindsight is 20/20. Flames could have drafted Benn or Datsyuk too.

The fact of the matter is that the only reason they had to expose Byron to waivers was because of the 3 goalie situation.

Now Bouma and Ferland are hurt and we could really use Byron. But instead, we have to go with Raymond every night.

I have always felt Byron is/was the most under-rated guy on the team. And now it sure would be nice to have his speed and energy out there - it is sorely missed, IMO.