PDA

View Full Version : Where to watch sports (downtown/Kensington area)

discodewey
10-19-2015, 03:38 PM
I know of several places where it's okay to watch sports but I'm looking for a place that has loads of screens so that you can see multiple games wherever you're sitting - like a set up with a bank of screens above the bar.

Any recommendations in the downtown or Kensington area?

Thanks!

DW

troutman
10-19-2015, 04:09 PM
Tipperarys is most reliable for sports

10 St. Station (used to be FATS) - NFL is #1 there
Regal Beagle (sirens and lights when Flames score)
Molly Malones
Yardhouse (depending on bartender, may not know game is on)
Original Joes (may not get sound)

discodewey
10-19-2015, 04:16 PM
Thanks, Troutman. I've been to all of those except Tipperary's....might check it out.

Of the others I'd say 10th St. Landing (FATS) is the best for watching but I've been on a bit of a boycott of them lately - they are going through a major identity crisis since re-branding, including bumping up the prices on their menu because they are now calling themselves a "gastropub" even though they are clearly still a sports pub. And they are lacking in beer options. [end rant] :)

I've been hitting up Pig & Duke at 4th & 4th SW (downtown) lately. They are great for beer and food but it's hard to get a good view of multiple TVs unless you are at the bar. But still my go to at the moment. Might be where I end up tonight.

DW

Otto-matic
10-20-2015, 09:17 AM
Lot 102 may be able to toss the game on for you as well, its been dominated by Flames/BlueJays lately though :).

They do have a few TV's.

DoubleK
10-20-2015, 09:45 AM
I've been leaning towards Side Street Pub in Kensington lately.

corporatejay
10-22-2015, 09:54 PM
Palomino has been great for the jays

kaotik
10-23-2015, 07:29 AM
I second side street. It's my go to.