PDA

View Full Version : 2015 ALDS - Toronto Blue Jays Vs. Texas Rangers - PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

flames_fan_down_under
10-04-2015, 10:15 PM
American League Division Series

Gm 1 Thu, Oct 8 TBD Rangers @ Blue Jays
FOX or FS1 or MLBN / SNET

Gm 2 Fri, Oct 9 TBD Rangers @ Blue Jays

Gm 3 Sun, Oct 11 TBD Blue Jays @ Rangers

Gm 4* Mon, Oct 12 TBD Blue Jays @ Rangers
FOX or FS1 or SNET

Gm 5* Wed, Oct 14 TBD Rangers @ Blue Jays
FOX or FS1 or SNET

Let the playoff roster speculation begin!

Roof-Daddy
10-04-2015, 10:29 PM
This is my prediction for the 25 man roster.

1. LF - Revere
2. 3B - Donaldson
3. RF - Bautista
4. DH - Encarnation
5. 1B - Smoak
6. SS - Tulowitzki
7. )C - Martin
8. 2B - Goins
9. CF - Pillar

Bench - Pennington
Bench - Navarro
Bench - Colabello
Bench - Carerra
Bench - Pompey

Starter - Price
Starter - Stroman
Starter - Dickey
Starter - Estrada

Relief - Osuna
Relief - Sanchez
Relief - Cecil
Relief - Lowe
Relief - Hawkins
Relief - Hendriks
Relief - Loup

dino7c
10-05-2015, 12:09 AM
all those games and then best of 5 first round...oh baseball

hopefully the Blue Jays can turn it back on

Kidder
10-05-2015, 12:43 AM
Let's get it on!

I must say thank goodness for the return of Stroman because Buehrle or Hutchinson in that 4th spot would be scary right now.

Ok! Bluejays! Let's play ball!

SportsJunky
10-05-2015, 07:11 AM
That is a strong lineup and rotation that Roof-Daddy posted. Texas has a good team but overall, the Jays are better top to bottom. Not to mention, Toronto's top end power is unrivaled. Those first 6 or 7 guys are scary good. Even with all those bats, Price may be the MVP of this series.

TheAlpineOracle
10-05-2015, 08:06 AM
I think Thole might unfortunately squeeze into the lineup at the expense of Carrerra.

Jason14h
10-05-2015, 11:35 AM
I can't see the Jays carrying Thole. Martin caught Dickey the last start to get ready for this.

mac_82
10-05-2015, 11:35 AM
When will the game start times be confirmed?

EverfresH15
10-05-2015, 02:07 PM
They are up now. How the hell is a guy supposed to have a playoff keg party at 1245 on Friday!!!! FACK YOU MLB!

J pold
10-05-2015, 02:12 PM
They are up now. How the hell is a guy supposed to have a playoff keg party at 1245 on Friday!!!! FACK YOU MLB!
Link?

bomber317
10-05-2015, 02:28 PM
http://m.mlb.com/postseason-schedule

TBD for Game 1 - 3:37 ET if Houston wins the WC. 4:07 ET if NYY wins the WC.

Twitter link for the TBD option - https://twitter.com/MLB_PR/status/651122361815560192

TheAlpineOracle
10-05-2015, 02:29 PM
It says 12:30 pm on MLB's website for Game 2 in Toronto. What a joke.

J pold
10-05-2015, 02:32 PM
Wow that is terrible.

bomber317
10-05-2015, 02:34 PM
silver lining, we're complaining about start times for a playoff Blue Jays game.

TheAlpineOracle
10-05-2015, 02:35 PM
I have to be at work on Friday for a big deadline. I'm out of my mind pissed off. All so the goddamn Yankees can potentially have a prime time game as the Wildcard.

GirlySports
10-05-2015, 02:49 PM
it was certain Toronto would get the worst playoff times

Blaster86
10-05-2015, 02:56 PM
it was certain Toronto would get the worst playoff times

Don't get that. Isn't all of Canada considered Toronto's market? How does that not match up better than Kansas or St.Louis.

Jason14h
10-05-2015, 02:59 PM
8:00 PM ALDS Gm 3 Blue Jays @ Rangers TBD at TBD FS1 or SNET
What a weird one. Cowboys place at home same time.

itcrossedtheline
10-05-2015, 03:08 PM
8:00 PM ALDS Gm 3 Blue Jays @ Rangers TBD at TBD FS1 or SNET
What a weird one. Cowboys place at home same time.

the cowboys play in the afternoon. 2:25MST kickoff

GirlySports
10-05-2015, 03:10 PM
Don't get that. Isn't all of Canada considered Toronto's market? How does that not match up better than Kansas or St.Louis.

American TV ratings. They wouldn't even show the Jays if they were allowed to.

trumpethead
10-05-2015, 03:18 PM
the cowboys play in the afternoon. 2:25MST kickoff

Wow that would be quite the Sunday afternoon in Arlington. Cowboys - Pats at 2:25mt then walk down the street 2 blocks for Rangers - Blue Jays game 3 at 6:10mt. Think about how much beer they will sell.

transplant99
10-05-2015, 03:19 PM

Yep....Toronto isn't in the US though and Fox/TBS pay a fortune for playoffs.

transplant99
10-05-2015, 03:23 PM
American TV ratings. They wouldn't even show the Jays if they were allowed to.

Well that's silly, they still want the texas numbers which wont be bad, but will be dwarfed by the CHI, NY, and LA series

V
10-05-2015, 03:33 PM
Right on, just realized I don't have to work on Friday. Woot!!

Jason14h
10-05-2015, 03:43 PM
Wow that would be quite the Sunday afternoon in Arlington. Cowboys - Pats at 2:25mt then walk down the street 2 blocks for Rangers - Blue Jays game 3 at 6:10mt. Think about how much beer they will sell

I am making the trip for Thurs game in Houston and Sunday Dallas.... Hello scalpers.

Enoch Root
10-05-2015, 03:48 PM
Don't know why people are surprised about the TV timeslots.

Rabid fans will watch their team, regardless of what time it is at.

The key for ratings is attracting the casual fan at prime time. The Yankees and the Cubs and the Dodgers are going to that, not the Jays or the Rangers.

Rjcsjc62
10-05-2015, 03:52 PM
Agreed, and even if you take the big/small market out of the picture, you have 4 games to play on Friday. One of them will be in an eastern time zone. Doesn't it just make sense for that one to play first?

The Dodgers weren't getting that slot regardless of fanbase.

rd_aaron
10-05-2015, 04:21 PM
Where in town will be good for catching the games?

Maritime Q-Scout
10-05-2015, 04:30 PM
Well, thanks to Facebook I've been embracing the role of Most Hated Man in Canada.

Go Rangers!

Here's hoping the Taylor Swift Curse continues.

Blaster86
10-05-2015, 04:32 PM
Well, thanks to Facebook I've been embracing the role of Most Hated Man in Canada.

Go Rangers!

Here's hoping the Taylor Swift Curse continues.

No one likes you.

No one.

Enoch Root
10-05-2015, 05:18 PM
No one likes you.

No one.

says the Canuck fan!

(peace)

transplant99
10-05-2015, 06:45 PM
so...Fridays game starts at 10:30 am? Glad I took it off to make a 4 day weekend weeks ago...sheesh.

jayswin
10-05-2015, 06:55 PM
Silly question; who gets the Canadian ratings then? We're watching the games on fox just like Americans and Sportsnet is done for the season. Why would fox not get the sure to be 3mil plus viewers in Canada if no channel in Canada gets them?

Or will they be simulcast on Canadian channels? As far as I knew we'd be watching them on actual fox channels in canada.

browna
10-05-2015, 06:57 PM
Way back when, I recall vividly the newspaper articles the next day slamming NBC's Tony Kubek (who did the color for Jays games for CTV all season) when he kept saying "Toronto, Ontario Canada" (as if people may have thought Toronto was on the moon) in '85 ALCS during game Game 1, and, he predicted the Royals to win the series.

I recall at least 2 of the 4 home Jays games being in the afternoon, being in grade school just before 4, and coming home just in time to see the finish. I think they had the NLCS games on the same days back then.

transplant99
10-05-2015, 06:57 PM
Silly question; who gets the Canadian ratings then? We're watching the games on fox just like Americans and Sportsnet is done for the season. Why would fox not get the sure to be 3mil plus viewers in Canada if no channel in Canada gets them?

Or will they be simulcast on Canadian channels? As far as I knew we'd be watching them on actual fox channels in canada.

Games are on Sportsnet in Canada.

KootenayFlamesFan
10-05-2015, 07:04 PM
Those first two start times are terribad. Thankfully I'm off Thursday, guess I'm missing the Friday game. Lame.

jayswin
10-05-2015, 07:08 PM
Games are on Sportsnet in Canada.

Okay. I heard the Sportsnet broadcast team was done and assume the games would be on our actual fox channels. So it is fox that we're getting simulcast on Sportsnet right?

Finger Cookin
10-05-2015, 07:18 PM
@SNstats 23h
If the #BlueJays make the World Series...the Leafs, Raptors, Jays & Argos will all be playing on the same day on October 30

transplant99
10-05-2015, 07:18 PM
Okay. I heard the Sportsnet broadcast team was done and assume the games would be on our actual fox channels. So it is fox that we're getting simulcast on Sportsnet right?

This I don't know. I assumed it would be the regular crew but maybe it is the one broadcast only.

browna
10-05-2015, 07:20 PM
Definitely going to be Fox's "B" crew, nothing to do with Snet. Get ready for a lot of "teaching" the broadcast audience about Toronto/Canada/the Jays roster.

Finger Cookin
10-05-2015, 07:21 PM
Rotation wise, does it make sense to make Dickey the fourth starter? Like if Price, Estrada, and Stroman can win the first three games, can Price start the next game in the ALCS? And if the Jays don't go 3-0, then Dickey can go in Game 4 and then Price can be ready again for Game 1?

One of the bandwagoners here, so please be kind. :)

browna
10-05-2015, 07:27 PM
Rotation wise, does it make sense to make Dickey the fourth starter? Like if Price, Estrada, and Stroman can win the first three games, can Price start the next game in the ALCS? And if the Jays don't go 3-0, then Dickey can go in Game 4 and then Price can be ready again for Game 1?

One of the bandwagoners here, so please be kind. :)

Dickey 9-3 at home, 2-8 on the road. Of course the Jays record at home is miles better than the .500 record on the road for the year, but given his pitching style (knuckleball) being in the 'Dome, they have more control in the fact that they can close it to help control the way the ball moves...so I think having him pitch at home is a better idea.

bomber317
10-05-2015, 07:32 PM
Price - Dickey - Stroman - Estrada

Change in speeds of pitchers (hard - soft - hard - hard/soft), and as browna stated, control the dome for Dickey's knuckle ball

Tyler
10-05-2015, 08:33 PM
Heading to Game 3. Hope it's a quick series in our favour :)

Tyler
10-05-2015, 08:42 PM
Wow that would be quite the Sunday afternoon in Arlington. Cowboys - Pats at 2:25mt then walk down the street 2 blocks for Rangers - Blue Jays game 3 at 6:10mt. Think about how much beer they will sell.

I will be at both!

FireGilbert
10-06-2015, 04:57 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/what_year_is_it_jumanji.gif

Go Jays Go! I can't believe they finally made the playoffs, I was beginning to think it would never happen.

Caged Great
10-06-2015, 05:25 AM
The only disappointment that would happen is if the Jays get swept by the Rangers.

Sainters7
10-06-2015, 10:25 AM
I'll never understand the mentality behind midday playoff games in this current age. Is there a particular reason why MLB caters to retirees, night shift employees, people who play hookey and the employment-challenged?

Posted from Calgarypuck.com App for Android

GirlySports
10-06-2015, 10:45 AM
They don't want games to played at the same time so they need 4 blocks.

noon
3:30
7:00
10:30 ET

JayP
10-06-2015, 10:57 AM
Price - Dickey - Stroman - Estrada

Change in speeds of pitchers (hard - soft - hard - hard/soft), and as browna stated, control the dome for Dickey's knuckle ball

Yeah, this is the ideal scenario. Then if it comes to game 5 you obviously go with Price who would be on his regular 4 days rest.

The only scary thing is starting a flyball pitcher like Estrada in Texas' joke stadium, but you have the same worries about starting Dickey there too.

jayswin
10-06-2015, 11:26 AM
They don't want games to played at the same time so they need 4 blocks.

noon
3:30
7:00
10:30 ET

That seems absolutely ridiculous to me. I know I get snippy replies when I hammer on MLB scheduling, but good lord, I'll just never get it.

Could you imagine if the NHL playoffs started and the whole city of Calgary was pumped for game 1, and then the NHL announced they were playing while everyone was at work on a Tuesday at 2pm because......blocks?

"We need our blocks, can't have two games at the same time".

"Yeah, but fans have been waiting decades for this game, and now 75% of our fanbase will be at work during the game"

"Yeah, sorry but blocks, we need the games in blocks, sorry your block is during the work day and eliminates millions of viewers, but blocks."

Jiggy_12
10-06-2015, 11:30 AM
That seems absolutely ridiculous to me. I know I get snippy replies when I hammer on MLB scheduling, but good lord, I'll just never get it.

Could you imagine if the NHL playoffs started and the whole city of Calgary was pumped for game 1, and then the NHL announced they were playing while everyone was at work on a Tuesday at 2pm because......blocks?

"We need our blocks, can't have two games at the same time".

"Yeah, but fans have been waiting decades for this game, and now 75% of our fanbase will be at work during the game"

"Yeah, sorry but blocks, we need the games in blocks, sorry your block is during the work day and eliminates millions of viewers, but blocks."

It's just the way it is. No use getting bent up over it. Always has been this way.
They aren't going to change the way they do things just because the Jays have sucked for 22 years.

jayswin
10-06-2015, 12:15 PM
It's just the way it is. No use getting bent up over it. Always has been this way.
They aren't going to change the way they do things just because the Jays have sucked for 22 years.

So they're just like America with their gun issues? :D

Still looking forward to this one, the only problem is there's like 15 bluejays fans at work and everyone's at odds on how to deal with the game. Some are saying "Screw PVR, I can't not know what's going on if they're playing, so I'll be following along".

Which means inevitably there'll be cheering and anger when we're winning and losing, and general comments about the game, which means the rest of us won't be able to be oblivious until we get home.

Kind of a crappy situation as I really hate to just follow a scoreboard for a game this big, but it seems like the way I'll end up going. Oh well, these days I guess I should be happy I have a job to go to in order to miss the game. ;)

bomber317
10-06-2015, 12:59 PM
Yeah, this is the ideal scenario. Then if it comes to game 5 you obviously go with Price who would be on his regular 4 days rest.

The only scary thing is starting a flyball pitcher like Estrada in Texas' joke stadium, but you have the same worries about starting Dickey there too.

I guess depending on how the series goes, if the Blue Jays are down 2-1 going into game 4, start Price in Texas, and Estrada for game 5 at home?

Hemi-Cuda
10-06-2015, 01:47 PM
all those games and then best of 5 first round...oh baseball

hopefully the Blue Jays can turn it back on

I've never understood this about baseball. So many regular season games, and for over half the league a large chunk of them are meaningless. Why not trim down the regular season, expand the playoffs, and enjoy the revenue boost from more fans who get to enjoy playoff baseball?

Jason14h
10-06-2015, 02:12 PM
Why not trim down the regular season, expand the playoffs, and enjoy the revenue boost from more fans who get to enjoy playoff baseball?

Within 3 years my guess is wildcard is best of 3, and divisional is best of 7.

ClubFlames
10-06-2015, 02:13 PM
Stroman confirmed starter for Game 2.

Jiggy_12
10-06-2015, 02:17 PM
Colour me surprised re: Stroman.
With no chance of Stro pitching twice in the series (except maybe relief in game 5) I am baffled as to why they would start Dickey on the Road if they didn't have to.

In a 7 game series, sure Stroman goes 2nd. But in a 5? This is a head scratcher

Jiggy_12
10-06-2015, 02:31 PM
Maybe they want to go for the jugular early and go Price/Stroman/Estrada to try to get a sweep or a 2-1 lead, then roll the dice with Dickey on the road. Then if trailing 1-2, they have a choice between Dickey on the road or Price on one day short rest in game 4 (saving Dickey for game 5 at home).

This will be interesting to watch play out.

10-06-2015, 02:34 PM
Colour me surprised re: Stroman.
With no chance of Stro pitching twice in the series (except maybe relief in game 5) I am baffled as to why they would start Dickey on the Road if they didn't have to.

In a 7 game series, sure Stroman goes 2nd. But in a 5? This is a head scratcher

I think it's because it's a short series, you can't risk being down two games especially with game 3 in Texas, hence you start your two best pitchers.

The chances of being down by two with Price / Stroman are less than with Price / Dickey. You have to expect to at least split with Price / Stroman.

Jiggy_12
10-06-2015, 02:38 PM
Yeah I mean it's definitely nitpicking that I'm even questioning it, our rotation is fantastic and this is a good problem to have. I would just love to have been a fly on the wall for the conversations to decide it.

Jiggy_12
10-06-2015, 02:46 PM
From this article: http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/marcus-stroman-to-start-for-blue-jays-in-game-2-of-alds/

"Rather than starting Dickey and his knuckleball in the controlled environment of the Rogers Centre, Gibbons said ahead of the season finale that going with whoever they felt was second best made sense because, “maybe if you win that first one, you can put the screws to them that second one.”

“Or maybe you lose that first one and you really need that second one, you know what I mean?” he continued. “In those scenarios you want that stud going that second game, don’t you?”

I can't argue with that logic. Gibbons is clearly more of a "feel" guy than a numbers guy and his reasoning does make sense.

Weitz
10-06-2015, 02:55 PM
Isn't it better for Dickey to pitch in an open air stadium like Texas? My baseball friend told me that playing outside is a big bonus for the knuckleball.

I know Dickey has struggled on the road however.

edslunch
10-06-2015, 02:59 PM
Isn't it better for Dickey to pitch in an open air stadium like Texas? My baseball friend told me that playing outside is a big bonus for the knuckleball.

I had heard the opposite, that pitching indoors made the knuckleball predictably unpredictable vs., totally unpredictable if weather conditions vary. If that makes any sense

Jason14h
10-06-2015, 03:13 PM
THE CURSE

http://www.si.com/mlb/2015/10/06/toronto-blue-jays-playoffs-sports-illustrated-cover

Arsenal14
10-06-2015, 03:14 PM
I know when the Jays had Tom Candiotti back in the day, he much preferred pitching indoors so the SkyDome roof got closed on days he threw. I think the idea was that wind could impart a small rotation to the knuckleball, turning it into just a slow moving changeup.

JayP
10-06-2015, 03:18 PM

The weather can either help or hurt the knuckleball. Pitching into the wind typically creates a lot of movement (this was usually the case in the Mets' stadium). Pitching with the wind really makes the knuckleball ineffective by limiting it's movement.

Texas is known to have a pretty consistent wind stream that just carries balls for homers due to the design of the stadium. That is good news to Dickey's knuckleball as he would be pitching against that wind. I'm sure that played a role in Stroman starting game 2 over Dickey. If the Jays were going to playing in a stadium that has reverse winds, I'm sure they would be well aware of that data and would re-organize their rotation correspondingly to keep Dickey away from a bad situation.

Jiggy_12
10-06-2015, 03:28 PM
Despite the fact he thinks he's now cursed them by picking them, ESPN's Jayson Stark with a great article on just why exactly the Jays are such favorites to win it all.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2015/story/_/page/playoffs15_WSwinner/my-prediction-win-world-series

REDVAN
10-06-2015, 03:51 PM
If they're up 2 going back to Arlington, I think it should be no worries about Dickey on the mound.

1-1 might still be ok going with Dickey, but they might save him for game 4 then?

If down 2 going to Texas, we've obviously screwed the pooch anyway.

Caged Great
10-06-2015, 03:56 PM
Would you go

Game 1 Price
Game 2 Stroman
Game 3 Estrada
Game 4 Price
Game 5 Stroman

and skip Dickey all-together. Price would be pitching game 4 on 3 days rest, but that shouldn't be that big a problem for him depending how much he pitches in game 1.

Caged Great
10-06-2015, 03:57 PM
Say the Jays win in 4, that would allow enough time between starts for Price to be available likely in game 2 and 6 of the ALCS.

JayP
10-06-2015, 04:29 PM
Would you go

Game 1 Price
Game 2 Stroman
Game 3 Estrada
Game 4 Price
Game 5 Stroman

and skip Dickey all-together. Price would be pitching game 4 on 3 days rest, but that shouldn't be that big a problem for him depending how much he pitches in game 1.

Nah, it's statistically proven that guys pitching on short rest aren't nearly as effective as they are otherwise to a pretty significant degree. Dickey has had a good enough second half that he's probably still a better pitcher than Price at 80% (or whatever he would be on short rest).

You might roll the dice if you are down 2-1, but even then the Jays are likely facing a guy like Colby Lewis in game 4 so I think the better play is to trust your offense to tee off on a bum like that and go with a fully rested Price in game 5 (against a fully rested Hamels).

The Big Chill
10-06-2015, 04:58 PM
Jays Journal is saying Estrada will start before Dickey.

Jiggy_12
10-06-2015, 05:04 PM
@Wilnerness590: If #Bluejays are down 2-1 going into Game 4, don't be surprised if Price gets that start over Dickey.

JiriHrdina
10-06-2015, 06:06 PM
Has the 25 man roster been named yet?

whosurnabby
10-06-2015, 06:32 PM
Colby Rasmus is on his usual hot streak...smokes one out of Yankee Stadium 1-0 Astros!

transplant99
10-06-2015, 07:12 PM
Yeah it looks like it will be Price, Stroman, Estrada, Dickey according to SN.

The Big Chill
10-06-2015, 07:14 PM
Has the 25 man roster been named yet?

It was just finalized recently. No surprises really. It's includes Loup, Pompey, and Carrera.

Inferno
10-06-2015, 08:48 PM
It was just finalized recently. No surprises really. It's includes Loup, Pompey, and Carrera.

Just for visual reference:

http://www.tsn.ca/blue-jays-set-alds-roster-and-rotation-1.372978

Pitchers: David Price, Marcus Stroman, Marco Estrada, R.A. Dickey, Roberto Osuna, Brett Cecil, Aaron Sanchez, Mark Lowe, LaTroy Hawkins, Liam Hendriks, Aaron Loup.

Catchers: Russell Martin, Dioner Navarro.

Infielders: Edwin Encarnacion, Justin Smoak, Chris Colabello, Ryan Goins, Troy Tulowitzki, Josh Donaldson, Cliff Pennington.

Outfielders: Jose Bautista, Kevin Pillar, Ben Revere, Dalton Pompey, Ezequiel Carrera.

Roof-Daddy
10-06-2015, 09:08 PM
That was my guess at the roster. Nailed it. Haha

GirlySports
10-06-2015, 09:13 PM
why are we talking about if we're down 1-2 scenarios?

Gonna be a SWEEEEEEEEEP!

Mathgod
10-06-2015, 11:01 PM
Jays vs Rangers in the first round. Rangers are peaking right now and pose a real threat to the Jays. Jays have the better team but the Rangers are riding a wave of momentum heading into the playoffs. Should be a close series. I think it goes the full 5 games. In the end, the Jays may crumble under the pressure due to their lack of playoff experience. I say Rangers take it in 5, but then again with Price pitching in game 5 it's going to be tough for the Rangers to win that game. It's all going to depend on whether or not the Jays get the timely hits and runs when they need them.

whosurnabby
10-06-2015, 11:12 PM
Jays vs Rangers in the first round. Rangers are peaking right now and pose a real threat to the Jays. Jays have the better team but the Rangers are riding a wave of momentum heading into the playoffs. Should be a close series. I think it goes the full 5 games. In the end, the Jays may crumble under the pressure due to their lack of playoff experience. I say Rangers take it in 5, but then again with Price pitching in game 5 it's going to be tough for the Rangers to win that game. It's all going to depend on whether or not the Jays get the timely hits and runs when they need them.
I'll pull off a classic baseball quote for the people who are new to this whole postseason baseball thing: "Momentum is the next days starting pitcher."

Also last ten games for both teams:
Toronto 6-4
Texas 5-5

Momentum doesn't exist in this sport. It's baseball.

GirlySports
10-07-2015, 08:17 AM
Cant see how the Rangers are hot. They nearly let the Angels back into the race.

Sainters7
10-07-2015, 08:25 AM
Thought game 1 was gonna be around 3-4pm, figured I'd catch the end at a pub after work. But I see it's actually 1:30 now, ridiculous. What is it with Americans and their deep fondness for midday sports? I'll never understand it.

Posted from Calgarypuck.com App for Android

JayP
10-07-2015, 09:48 AM
I'll pull off a classic baseball quote for the people who are new to this whole postseason baseball thing: "Momentum is the next days starting pitcher."

Also last ten games for both teams:
Toronto 6-4
Texas 5-5

Momentum doesn't exist in this sport. It's baseball.

Completely agree. On the same topic, here's a great article that links to a bunch of studies that disprove playoff cliches (including "hot" teams going into the postseason:
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/mlb-playoff-myths-to-ignore/

Another good one to note is the myth of small ball being the key to winning in the postseason. Zaun was already going on about it last night (ironically in a game where the Astros scored two of their three runs on solo HRs).

SuperMatt18
10-07-2015, 10:06 AM
Yeah the whole small ball thing is only half true.

You need to be able to get on-base in the postseason, it doesn't mean you need to play small ball but it means you can't have a bunch of guys who only hit HRs but can't get on base.

The thing that the Jays have going for them is that they can get on base, and they have guys that still have power but still have decent averages. The depth on the roster also means that you can't pitch around anybody in the lineup.

That is what makes the Jays a dangerous team.

TheAlpineOracle
10-07-2015, 11:02 AM
Yeah the whole small ball thing is only half true.

You need to be able to get on-base in the postseason, it doesn't mean you need to play small ball but it means you can't have a bunch of guys who only hit HRs but can't get on base.

The thing that the Jays have going for them is that they can get on base, and they have guys that still have power but still have decent averages. The depth on the roster also means that you can't pitch around anybody in the lineup.

That is what makes the Jays a dangerous team.

Even the guys on the Jays with less than stellar batting averages, have excellent eyes, and strong OBS as a result. Bautista only bat .248 or something like that, but he gets on base a lot from walks. Same with Tulo.

SuperMatt18
10-07-2015, 12:28 PM
Yup, for a team with so much power Toronto also had the highest OBP as a result, coming in at .340 which is 12 bps higher then the next closest team.

They can also pitch well with the 7th best team WHIP in baseball (2nd among AL playoff teams).

There ability to get on base at a high clip, while also having the pitching to keep things tight by limiting base runners is what makes them so dangerous.

They get all the hype for their offense and power bats but this team is dangerous because they are well rounded offensively and defensively.

Enoch Root
10-07-2015, 01:01 PM
Yup, for a team with so much power Toronto also had the highest OBP as a result, coming in at .340 which is 12 bps higher then the next closest team.

They can also pitch well with the 7th best team WHIP in baseball (2nd among AL playoff teams).

There ability to get on base at a high clip, while also having the pitching to keep things tight by limiting base runners is what makes them so dangerous.

They get all the hype for their offense and power bats but this team is dangerous because they are well rounded offensively and defensively.

Price was only here for the 2nd half, and Stroman for the stretch. Plus, I don't care much what happened in April or May.

So I like to look at how they fared after the all-star break. Here are the AL rankings for team pitching stats in the 2nd half (team / ERA / WHIP / AVG / OBP / Runs / Hits):

TOR: 1st / 1st / 2nd / 1st / 1st / 2nd
HOU: 3rd / 3rd / 4th / 3rd / 2nd / 3rd
KCR: 5th / 7th / 8th / 9th / 6th / 11th
TEX: 9th / 10th/ 10th/ 11th /9th / 7th

Would prefer that it was a 7 game series, to allow the Jays superiority enough time to exert itself.

But I like the matchup, regardless.

Roof-Daddy
10-07-2015, 01:05 PM
So many factors all point to the Jays being the favorites.

Makes me really nervous.

My sports teams don't usually have a great track record as front runners.

flames_fan_down_under
10-07-2015, 01:32 PM
So many factors all point to the Jays being the favorites.

Makes me really nervous.

My sports teams don't usually have a great track record as front runners.

Ya but those teams didn't have Number 20 playing for them did they?

Josh Donaldson is the x-factor in my opinion. Both teams have guys that can mash the ball (the Jays obviously more so) but the Jays have Donaldson who is the best player in baseball IMO.

Mathgod
10-07-2015, 06:14 PM
Cant see how the Rangers are hot. They nearly let the Angels back into the race.
The Angels were absolutely on fire heading into that series against the Rangers having gone 7-1 in their 8 games prior (the one loss being by a single run) and were a hair's breath away from making the playoffs. Despite having to play the Angels in that final series, the Rangers went 8-5 in their last 13 games (the two losses to the Angels were by a single run each). Overall the Rangers are 33-17 in their last 50 games.

As for the Jays I just get the sense that maybe they've lost a little bit of their edge since clinching the AL East. They went 1-2 with a full lineup to finish off the season. Even if you disregard the 8 runs given up by Buehrle in the final game it's still a 4-3 loss to the Rays.

Having said this, I would love to be proven wrong and the Jays win the series handily.

Mathgod
10-07-2015, 06:18 PM
Ya but those teams didn't have Number 20 playing for them did they?

Josh Donaldson is the x-factor in my opinion. Both teams have guys that can mash the ball (the Jays obviously more so) but the Jays have Donaldson who is the best player in baseball IMO.
I'd give that distinction to Bryce Harper. Best OPS in MLB (among qualifiers) by quite a margin.

JayP
10-07-2015, 06:26 PM
These playoff broadcasts are brutal. Its 2015 - can I at least see what a batter's OBP is? Completely unacceptable.

browna
10-07-2015, 07:19 PM
These playoff broadcasts are brutal. Its 2015 - can I at least see what a batter's OBP is? Completely unacceptable.

TBS is terrible, for sports and otherwise. Terrible announcers, tricks and graphics which are tacked on just to be different. "Flames" for the graphic for the pitcher, when he touches 95mph on the gun? Who cares how many pitches the current batter is seeing?

As for the Jays, should be interesting to see Gibby have to do in-game interviews.

Only things one is a bit worrying is basically 8 days off since a meaningful game, or for a game where it looked like the Jays gave a crap. Even the clincher against Baltimore was over early given the blow out, so the last "pressure" game that they treated as such, was Donaldson walking off at Skydome 12 days ago.

Plus, the adrenaline and "happy to be there" newness factor is always something to consider...in a short series, it's an issue. It's an issue for both teams but given the long layoff for the Jays and chance to think about things for a while and talk to the press about 22 years/the possibilites for the better part of the week, and then the blast of the fans tomorrow, getting the heart pumping, may mean it takes a while for the team to get focused in Game 1 (and hopefully no later than Game 1).

Jets4Life
10-07-2015, 11:49 PM
FlwpU0-tPl4

Caged Great
10-08-2015, 04:38 AM
You know what is frustrating. I have to set my PVR for the game. After 22 years, I'm going to miss it and Friday's game. I won't be on the computer for the next two days until late. Fun.

It is available on SNWHD though which is channel 223 for those on Shaw in Calgary.

Antithesis
10-08-2015, 05:53 AM
I am PVRing it as well. After 22 years I don't care. Turning my phone off, turning the radio in my car off.

The wait ends today!! Let's go Blue Jays!

Jiggy_12
10-08-2015, 08:34 AM
I can't believe this day is finally here.

Really surreal. Can't wait!

KootenayFlamesFan
10-08-2015, 08:48 AM
Thankfully I'm off today, won't be leaving the coach for a few hours after the game starts. Been a long wait................

V
10-08-2015, 09:10 AM
I'm taking the afternoon off. And I don't have to work tomorrow, so I'm free and clear for baseball!

GirlySports
10-08-2015, 09:21 AM
funny thing is how people say it's been so long and the Jays haven't won a World Series since 1993.

In fact this is the 2nd most recent of the 8 teams remaining.

Cardinals - 2011
Blue Jays - 1993
Dodgers - 1988
Mets - 1986
Royals - 1985
Rangers - Never
Astros - Never
Cubs - Stone Age

Jiggy_12
10-08-2015, 09:25 AM
Already seen a couple car flags this morning!

troutman
10-08-2015, 09:49 AM
There are more exclamation marks in this thread than a Shania Twain album.

Pagal4321
10-08-2015, 10:18 AM
I have tomorrow off but I heard Sportsnet is streaming the game online, so baseball at my desk today!

Jiggy_12
10-08-2015, 10:43 AM
Game 1 lineup:

1. Revere
2. Donaldson
3. Bautista
4. Encarnacion
5. Tulowitzki
6. Smoak
7. Martin
8. Goins
9. Pillar

One of the hottest hitters in baseball in September batting 9th, and Russ freakin' Martin batting 7th. Have fun Rangers.

V
10-08-2015, 10:55 AM
I'm pretty worried about Price and his 11 days of rest, but hopefully he isn't rusty.

Mathgod
10-08-2015, 10:59 AM
funny thing is how people say it's been so long and the Jays haven't won a World Series since 1993.

Cardinals - 2011
Blue Jays - 1993
Dodgers - 1988
Mets - 1986
Royals - 1985
Rangers - Never
Astros - Never
Cubs - Stone Age

True, but in terms of playoff droughts the Jays are one of the longest.

V
10-08-2015, 11:01 AM
I want to see Antithesis' normal information for the series threads. How do the Jays hit against the probably starters for Texas? Just because you didn't start the thread doesn't mean you can slack off!

SuperMatt18
10-08-2015, 11:04 AM
Roof closed even though weather is perfect.

Home record was much better with the roof open, so this actually hurts the home team.

MLB makes the decision...so that kind of sucks.

Pagal4321
10-08-2015, 11:05 AM
Steven Brunt Essay.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/brunt-essay-blue-jays-postseason-dare-to-dream/

Just chills, I can't wait for this to start.

CedarMeter
10-08-2015, 11:05 AM
Pumped!!

puffnstuff
10-08-2015, 12:05 PM
What time does the game actually start? Ive seen 130, 137, and 200 as start times.

jayswin
10-08-2015, 12:12 PM

Cardinals - 2011
Blue Jays - 1993
Dodgers - 1988
Mets - 1986
Royals - 1985
Rangers - Never
Astros - Never
Cubs - Stone Age

That's a little disingenuous, I haven't seen anyone saying it's been so long since we won a world series, every single person I've heard has said it's been 23 years since they've got to see a playoff game.

jayswin
10-08-2015, 12:14 PM
What time does the game actually start? Ive seen 130, 137, and 200 as start times.

3:37 eastern, 1:37 mountain.

Jiggy_12
10-08-2015, 12:19 PM

1:37 official but who knows, there's going to be a bunch of pre-game stuff that could delay that.

Pagal4321
10-08-2015, 12:32 PM
OK now the important question, can I legally stream this game?

I can't find anything...

starseed
10-08-2015, 12:41 PM

I can't find anything...
Rogers and Telus customers apparently get access through the sportsnet mobile app.

getbak
10-08-2015, 12:47 PM
Rogers and Telus customers apparently get access through the sportsnet mobile app.
If you're a Shaw cable customer who subscribes to Sportsnet, you can also access the game through their app.

I thought I saw a tweet earlier that the game would be streaming on sportsnet.ca too, but I just looked for it, and couldn't find it.

CKPThunder
10-08-2015, 12:56 PM
If you're a Shaw cable customer who subscribes to Sportsnet, you can also access the game through their app.

I thought I saw a tweet earlier that the game would be streaming on sportsnet.ca too, but I just looked for it, and couldn't find it.

They are streaming the game on Sportsnet but like the app you need a qualified cable provider account.

www.sportsnet.ca/now

Jiggy_12
10-08-2015, 12:58 PM
Nerves are starting to creep in.

Pagal4321
10-08-2015, 01:04 PM
Don't like that they are raising a banner this afternoon.

BsFaninCGY
10-08-2015, 01:06 PM
Pretty psyched for postseason ball for the first time since I was 11 years old! Working from home today and actually changed out of my sweats and into my Russ Martin tee and ball cap. Go Jays Go!

bomber317
10-08-2015, 01:09 PM
Roof closed even though weather is perfect.

Home record was much better with the roof open, so this actually hurts the home team.

MLB makes the decision...so that kind of sucks.

Wonder why they would do that if the weather is clear.

Afternoon game, dome open would make the best atmosphere for the game.

FlamesFanFromBC
10-08-2015, 01:09 PM

I can't find anything...

I ordered MLB.tv a couple months ago for $25 US but I see they have the playoffs for $10 US

I will be watching on my phone at work today but also use at home with Roku and Samsung Smart TV app.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/index.jsp?&affiliateId=MLBTVREDIRECT

Jiggy_12
10-08-2015, 01:12 PM
While I don't think it's a big deal, it's pretty ridiculous that they let let the Jays decide on the roof status all season, then take away the decision in the post season. Keep it consistent at least.

psyang
10-08-2015, 01:13 PM

Live streams (with a valid cable account) are at now.sportsnet.ca

EDIT: Beaten by CKPThunder above.

dino7c
10-08-2015, 01:14 PM
they earned home field they should make the choice...just say the roof is broken

jschick88
10-08-2015, 01:17 PM
Haven't had butterflies like this in a long time. Absolutely pumped. Go Jays Go!

dino7c
10-08-2015, 01:20 PM
sounds quiet...sportset for ya

Jiggy_12
10-08-2015, 01:25 PM
Now THAT is a cool way to do the national anthem. Wow.

starseed
10-08-2015, 01:26 PM
Yeah, great anthem choice. Pretty surreal. Amazing atmosphere.

Jiggy_12
10-08-2015, 01:27 PM
Kudos to the Jays for that. Chilling.

puffnstuff
10-08-2015, 01:29 PM
So it was or wasnt George Canyon?

Inferno
10-08-2015, 01:31 PM

You just have to go to Video and Watch Live and then log in to whatever provider you use.

FLAMESRULE
10-08-2015, 01:36 PM
No Buck + Pat?? WTF...

dino7c
10-08-2015, 01:38 PM
fox sports? playoff rights I guess

Weitz
10-08-2015, 01:38 PM
Breakdown of the anthem? What happened?

I need a phone call to come in so I can leave the office to go watch...

Jiggy_12
10-08-2015, 01:39 PM
Price breathes a heavy sigh of relief as Pillar brings in a deep line drive.

Enoch Root
10-08-2015, 01:39 PM
so pumped (and want to stop thinking about last night's game)

let's go Blue Jays!!!!!!

KootenayFlamesFan
10-08-2015, 01:40 PM
I kinda miss the pitch graph thingy Sportsnet has.

Enoch Root
10-08-2015, 01:41 PM
Choo was their toughest out last time these guys played

Hemi-Cuda
10-08-2015, 01:41 PM
So why is Sportsnet using the American feed instead of doing it themselves?

Enoch Root
10-08-2015, 01:42 PM

totally

feels like the 90s watching without it

Jiggy_12
The first time Oh Canada was sung in the World Series was 1992 against Atlanta and it was sung by Canadian Singer Michael Burgess who also happened to pass away just over a week ago.

They played the audio of him singing that anthem 23 years ago. Very very cool moment.

Hemi-Cuda
fox sports? playoff rights I guess

TV rights don't carry across borders. Fox earns no advertising money from Canadian broadcasts, this is just Sportsnet being lazy

Jiggy_12
10-08-2015, 01:43 PM
Price having early command issues. Back to back walks. Not good

Hemi-Cuda
10-08-2015, 01:44 PM
Price looking rusty after all that rest, really hope he can get settled down after this inning

KootenayFlamesFan
Price is just off a little bit. Guess that might happen after being off fro 11 days. Just needs to relax.

nik-
great crowd ... but Price isn't on so far :S

corporatejay
I need the strike zone graphic. I have no idea how much he's missing by. It's driving me nuts.

Enoch Root
10-08-2015, 01:45 PM
can't fricking believe there's no pitch tracker

Jiggy_12
Double play!!!! Alright Bats lets go!

KootenayFlamesFan
Yes! Double play, just what the doctor ordered.

Enoch Root
Price is fine, relax everyone

dsavillian

mlb.com has a good one, but it's usually behind the tv broadcast

KelVarnsen
10-08-2015, 01:46 PM
Double play!!

Jiggy_12
Price is fine, relax everyone

Relax is not a verb I will be able to do today.

V
Right on, dp. Time to get some hits.

Hemi-Cuda
10-08-2015, 01:48 PM
Also just an FYI for anyone watching the Sportsnet Now online broadcast, it's delayed quite a bit vs. the TV broadcast. I read Jiggy's comment about the 2nd walk when the count was 2-0 on the online stream, so if you don't want to be spoiled only read this thread during breaks

Enoch Root
10-08-2015, 01:49 PM
Relax is not a verb I will be able to do today.

that's the thing with baseball - all the anticipation of waiting for the next play promotes nervousness.

At least with hockey there is flow that keeps you busy.

KootenayFlamesFan
10-08-2015, 01:52 PM
Man, Donaldson just missed hitting that thing a mile, great pitch to hit.

Frequitude
that's the thing with baseball - all the anticipation of waiting for the next play promotes nervousness.

At least with hockey there is flow that keeps you busy.That's why MLB playoffs are by far the best of the big 4.

Jbo
Oh god my nerves. Don't know how the players do it

KootenayFlamesFan
10-08-2015, 01:55 PM
Damn, some good pitches to hit. Don't think the Jays will be getting shut out by Gallardo today.

puffnstuff
10-08-2015, 01:56 PM
Who else votes the Rangers pitcher for Worst Beard Ever?

Enoch Root
10-08-2015, 01:56 PM
That's why MLB playoffs are by far the best of the big 4.

nothing better than hockey playoffs

but baseball is awesome too

KootenayFlamesFan
10-08-2015, 01:59 PM
Steeeeeeeeriike three.

Price looks better to start the 2nd.

Enoch Root
10-08-2015, 01:59 PM
that k should settle Price in

KootenayFlamesFan
10-08-2015, 02:00 PM
Steeeeeeeeeeeerike three!

That's better!

Enoch Root
10-08-2015, 02:02 PM
how was that not a strike? - he went after it

KootenayFlamesFan
10-08-2015, 02:03 PM
I thought the same thing.

Jiggy_12
Fans are going bananas as Price strikes out the side!

KootenayFlamesFan
Steeeeeeeeeeeeerike three!!

Strikes out the side, very nice.

Enoch Root
boom!

now it's time for EE to get this party going

MacDaddy77
10-08-2015, 02:04 PM
where can I listen online or radio?

SuperMatt18
Holy crap it seems loud in there, can tell they are muting the crowd sound a bit on the broadcast

V
Yeah, I think Price will be okay.

Acey
10-08-2015, 02:05 PM
Holy crap it seems loud in there, can tell they are muting the crowd sound a bit on the broadcast

I thought maybe the fans wouldn't be able to keep up that insane level of excitement for the whole game. Definitely wrong. This is an unreal atmosphere.

Hemi-Cuda
10-08-2015, 02:05 PM
Well Price seems settled in nicely now

Enoch Root
10-08-2015, 02:07 PM
so close

KootenayFlamesFan
10-08-2015, 02:07 PM
EE just missed that one. Gallardo is playing with fire here, the Jays will light him up soon if he keeps pitching like this.

Jiggy_12
10-08-2015, 02:08 PM
Gallardo getting away with some very hittable pitches.

nik-
10-08-2015, 02:08 PM
EE just missed that one. Gallardo is playing with fire here, the Jays will light him up soon if he keeps pitching like this.

was basically typing up this exact same thing

V
10-08-2015, 02:11 PM
The bar went crazy when EE made contact. Maybe next time.

KootenayFlamesFan
10-08-2015, 02:11 PM
I have a good feeling about the offense when they go through a 2nd time.

The Fonz
10-08-2015, 02:14 PM
If it hasn't been mentioned already, you can watch a free live stream, no register necessary, on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wosFMrmuk2w&feature=youtu.be

Inferno
10-08-2015, 02:15 PM
Watching the game here at work is as painful as the Flames game last night. I don't think I can go 10 seconds without it freezing.

SuperMatt18
10-08-2015, 02:15 PM
Stream is good on my end (Sportsnet Now)

The Fonz
10-08-2015, 02:17 PM
Watching the game here at work is as painful as the Flames game last night. I don't think I can go 10 seconds without it freezing.

Same here. I had to drop the quality to 144p on the youtube feed to make the freezing stop.

KootenayFlamesFan
10-08-2015, 02:18 PM
Damn, 1-0 Rangers. Bah.

dino7c
10-08-2015, 02:19 PM
announcers are very texas oriented...and complain about the turf

home field advantage brah

KootenayFlamesFan
10-08-2015, 02:19 PM
I miss Buck and Pat. These guys are annoying me. The turf is different, we all get it.

SuperMatt18
10-08-2015, 02:20 PM
announcers are very texas oriented

It's an American feed. They are going to cater to the American audience, which is probably mostly texas fans (pretty big market).

Poor form by Sportsnet to not have their own guys do the game when it's the first playoff game in 22 years.

Enoch Root
10-08-2015, 02:20 PM
I think they have been very balanced

Enoch Root
10-08-2015, 02:21 PM
but I would much rather have Buck and Pat

####

KootenayFlamesFan
10-08-2015, 02:21 PM
Bah, 2-0 Texas.

Jiggy_12
10-08-2015, 02:22 PM
Texas up 2-0 due to smart aggressive baserunning.

Enoch Root
twice they started the runner and twice it avoided the DP and twice the guy came around to score

Blaster86
Price is awful.

There. Someone said it.

KootenayFlamesFan
Beltre looks like he really wrenched his back on that swing. And he's staying in?

dino7c
10-08-2015, 02:23 PM
I think they have been very balanced

they just don't know as much about the Jays...you think we could get our own broadcast in Canada FFS

Enoch Root
finally

The Fonz
Did I just hear him say, his back might be stiff from the astro-turf?

JayP
10-08-2015, 02:24 PM
Time for the offense to do something. Gallardo is hanging pitches out there. Its the playoffs - you have to make him pay when you have the chance.

KootenayFlamesFan
10-08-2015, 02:25 PM
Did I just hear him say, his back might be stiff from the astro-turf?

I thought I heard that, but then assumed I heard wrong. They really really don't like the turf.

Hemi-Cuda
10-08-2015, 02:25 PM
So I wonder what Price we'll see for the 4th. Just when he looks unbeatable in the 2nd, he floats some softies out for easy hits in the 3rd

Enoch Root
10-08-2015, 02:26 PM
time for the bottom of the order to get things going

KootenayFlamesFan
10-08-2015, 02:26 PM
Take some pitches this inning, don't swing at garbage.

chummer
10-08-2015, 02:27 PM
I thought I heard that, but then assumed I heard wrong. They really really don't like the turf.

Harold Reynolds especially, he's brought it up a couple times.

chummer
10-08-2015, 02:28 PM
Hey Kenny, the second t in Toronto is silent.

Enoch Root

there is a reason it's been all but eliminated in baseball

KootenayFlamesFan
Man, Beltre was crying as they took him out. Gotta give him credit for trying.

Blaster86
whole team looks like junk on both sides of the ball.

Enoch Root
10-08-2015, 02:29 PM
Take some pitches this inning, don't swing at garbage.

this - they are not showing the patience they usually do

Finger Cookin
Holy god, I'm tired of this Fox guy rambling on about the turf.

KootenayFlamesFan
there is a reason it's been all but eliminated in baseball

Fair enough, but they won't shut up about it. I'd rather them talk about the Jays or something.

MacDaddy77
10-08-2015, 02:30 PM
Beltre is out of game? Thats gotta help the jays

Radically Red
10-08-2015, 02:30 PM
What is with these guys giving easy outs. Not a lot of Patients. Need to drive the pitch count up.

Jiggy_12
10-08-2015, 02:31 PM
Gallardo is perfect through 3.

Jays need a spark.

Enoch Root
36 pitches through 3 - not good enough

KootenayFlamesFan
Good gravy Pillar, that was almost in the dirt.

They need to settle down second time through. Trying to do too much with pitches not in the strike zone.

Enoch Root
10-08-2015, 02:32 PM
Price needs a quick inning here

TheAlpineOracle
10-08-2015, 02:32 PM
Good job they are well rested.

JayP
10-08-2015, 02:33 PM
Jays are completely unprepared. 36 pitches through 3 innings for a guy who struggles to pitch 5 full innings most nights. Show some patience and get some base runners instead of helping a mediocre pitcher out. All this in hitters counts too.

dino7c
10-08-2015, 02:35 PM
this is sounding like the Flames thread last night lol

Pagal4321
Jesus guys, it's 3 innings. No need to go all nuclear yet.

Hemi-Cuda
Jays looking like a bunch of rookies in their first big league game. I know there's not a lot of playoff experience here, but damn act like you've been here before

KootenayFlamesFan
10-08-2015, 02:36 PM
Steeeeeerike three.

Good start.

Blaster86
10-08-2015, 02:37 PM
Jesus guys, it's 3 innings. No need to go all nuclear yet.

They look straight up awful. This is going to be a quick series if this is the Jays we're gonna get.

KootenayFlamesFan
That's not a strike? Yikes.

Jiggy_12
That pitch was actually right down the middle. Ball?

MRCboicgy
10-08-2015, 02:38 PM
C'mon quick inning for Price here.

Enoch Root
They look straight up awful. This is going to be a quick series if this is the Jays we're gonna get.

It's 3 innings. Are you new to baseball?

Relax

Jiggy_12
Alright nice quick inning there, top of the order coming up. Let's make a dent here.

KootenayFlamesFan
10-08-2015, 02:39 PM
Quick inning, that's better. Now lets' get a hit or two here.

Pagal4321
10-08-2015, 02:40 PM

It's been THREE innings. 1/3 of the game. Long ways to go.

Hemi-Cuda
10-08-2015, 02:42 PM
It's pretty pathetic that for the first post season game the jays are in for 22 years, Rogers can't even setup their own home broadcast for the game. I'm really tired of hearing about the turf from Americans who can't pronounce Toronto correctly

KootenayFlamesFan
There you go friggin annoying announcers. Gallardo is awesome, putting on a clinic, no hits for the Jays yet.............Revere gets a base hit.

MRCboicgy
Revere starts it off. Time to bring rain.

Jiggy_12
10-08-2015, 02:43 PM
Revere reaches and now 1 on for the Gauntlet.

KootenayFlamesFan
10-08-2015, 02:44 PM
Taking pitches.................finally.

KootenayFlamesFan
10-08-2015, 02:45 PM
1st and 2nd, none out. Great start, c'mon Jose.

Jiggy_12
2 men on for Bautista after the Donaldson walk.

And this ump has some kinda strike zone. About 4 very odd calls so far

Blaster86
It's been THREE innings. 1/3 of the game. Long ways to go.

Nope they'll never even get a base runner this series. They're bad.

Those two you think you see are imaginary. You're drunk.

Enoch Root
come on Bautista, make him work

Hemi-Cuda
10-08-2015, 02:47 PM
Ump is calling a really low strike zone, or at least I think he is. I really miss that pitch tracker

Enoch Root
10-08-2015, 02:48 PM
####

Jiggy_12
10-08-2015, 02:48 PM
Donaldson got rocked. Uh oh