PDA

View Full Version : GDT: Jets @ Flames | 7:00 MT | Stream, FAN960

hockey.modern
10-03-2015, 10:15 AM
Brrr... It's cold and this is probably the last GDT I do this season. The last preseason game and we're off to the real games.

Jakub Nakladal, Tyler Wotherspoon, Patrick Sieloff, Kenney Morrison, and Garnet Hathaway assigned to Stockton on Friday

"There’s a battle for that spot and it’s down to two players – Brett Kulak and Ryan Wilson."

Hartley hasn't made a decision on his starting netminder for Saturday's battle at the 'Dome. Joni Ortio made 23 saves in Thursday's 3-1 setback while Karri Ramo and Jonas Hiller split the goaltending duties in Tuesday's 2-0 victory over the Colorado Avalanche.

http://flames.nhl.com/club/m_news.htm?id=781406

getbak
10-03-2015, 10:18 AM
Crap, streaming. I hope they won't be blacking out the Centre Ice feed of the TSN broadcast.

sureLoss
10-03-2015, 10:24 AM
Roger Millions @RogMillions
Hearing @NHLJets had some plane problems this am. May not skate in CGY prior to tonight's final preseason game. Late arrival for sure

sureLoss
10-03-2015, 10:25 AM
Aaron Vickers @AAVickers
Hiller, Ramo the two goalies on the ice for morning skate. No Ortio. Gate closed. #Flames

Pat Steinberg @Fan960Steinberg
Hiller and Ramo your goalies tonight. Not sure if they'll split or not yet, will find out soon from Hartley. #Flames

sureLoss
10-03-2015, 10:44 AM
Derek Wills @Fan960Wills
#Flames projected lines vs. #Jets:
Gaudreau-Monahan-Hudler
Bouma-Backlund-Frolik
Ferland-Bennett-Jooris
Bollig-Stajan-Jones
#CGYvsWPG

Derek Wills @Fan960Wills
#Flames projected pairings vs. #Jets:
Giordano-Hamilton
Russell-Wideman
Kulak-Engelland
Goaltenders:
Ramo (Starter)
Hiller #CGYvsWPG

So I guess the Flames have seen enough from Wilson.

old-fart
10-03-2015, 10:47 AM
That could be the starting lineup for the Flames.... will be interesting to see what the 'Peg fields.

Enoch Root
10-03-2015, 10:48 AM
re Wilson:

my guess is that they want to give Kulak one more look, with NHL lineups. If he convinces that he is ready, then great. If not, they run with the experience of Wilson until Brodie is back.

Enoch Root
10-03-2015, 10:50 AM
LOVE the lines like that!

For me, Bouma - Backlund - Frolik makes the most sense.

And I love Ferland with Bennett - adding Jooris brings a tom of speed and tenacity. That line will be a buzz saw.

No surprises on the 1st or 4th lines

A Shot Wide
10-03-2015, 10:53 AM
Wow, last night I wrote down what I thought would be the opening night lineup and burned it at my Hartley shrine, looks like he must've received my offering

Cali Panthers Fan
10-03-2015, 10:59 AM
Derek Wills @Fan960Wills
Gaudreau-Monahan-Hudler
Bouma-Backlund-Frolik
Ferland-Bennett-Jooris
Bollig-Stajan-Jones
#CGYvsWPG

Derek Wills @Fan960Wills
Giordano-Hamilton
Russell-Wideman
Kulak-Engelland
Goaltenders:
Ramo (Starter)
Hiller #CGYvsWPG

I am 100% sure this will be the starting lineup for game 1. Ortio will likely stay for now. Wilson will probably earn a 2-way contract but be sent down until the Ortio situation is resolved. Granlund and Byron make the team as extra forwards. Raymond is either dumped for a late round draft pick, or is put through waivers. Colborne is injured to start the season, and by the time he makes it back we will likely have another forward or two injured, so I'm sure we won't be recalling anyone any time soon.

hockey.modern
10-03-2015, 11:04 AM
@SUNRandySportak: Look who just joined the skate, Joni Ortio.
Pretty sure he’s not playing, but will take extra shots.
#Flames

getbak
10-03-2015, 11:05 AM
Yup, looks like a Game One roster.

Granlund to Stockton. Wilson signed and sent to Stockton. Byron, Raymond, and Ortio as the extra 3 roster spots to start the season.

The Ferland-Bennett-Jooris line should be fun to watch.

sureLoss
10-03-2015, 11:08 AM
Derek Wills @Fan960Wills
#Flames projected pairings vs. #Jets: Giordano-Hamilton Russell-Wideman Kulak-Engelland Goaltenders: Ramo (Starter) Hiller #CGYvsWPG

Calgary Flames @NHLFlames
"This is the biggest test of his life." - Bob Hartley on Brett Kulak suiting up for tonight's game.

Bandwagon In Flames
10-03-2015, 11:13 AM
I am so excited for that 3rd line. I would be scared to death going against that forecheck.

Bandwagon In Flames
10-03-2015, 11:18 AM
Derek Wills @Fan960Wills
#Flames projected pairings vs. #Jets: Giordano-Hamilton Russell-Wideman Kulak-Engelland Goaltenders: Ramo (Starter) Hiller #CGYvsWPG

Calgary Flames @NHLFlames
"This is the biggest test of his life." - Bob Hartley on Brett Kulak suiting up for tonight's game.

That's quite telling. Sounds like there's lots of pressure on Kulak tonight. Wilson doesn't have the chance to play himself into a spot, but Kulak could potentially play himself out of a spot.

At least he holds the cards. Good luck Brodie Jr!

flamesfan55
10-03-2015, 11:23 AM
Don't care for Jooris being on the Ferland Bennett line.

AC
10-03-2015, 11:24 AM

Why? Who would you prefer be there?

bluck
10-03-2015, 11:25 AM
Don't see this game on the centre ice channels but I do see it on TSN 3. Will this be blacked out for non Alberta or Manitoba residents? I live in Van and really want to watch this one

Bandwagon In Flames
10-03-2015, 11:25 AM
Why might I ask? Great puck possession, great speed, good finish. He's been a force this preseason too.

Itse
10-03-2015, 11:26 AM
I wonder if they're deliberately putting pressure on Kulak to see if he can handle it.

Prufrock
10-03-2015, 11:30 AM
Derek Wills @Fan960Wills
Gaudreau-Monahan-Hudler
Bouma-Backlund-Frolik
Ferland-Bennett-Jooris
Bollig-Stajan-Jones
#CGYvsWPG

Awesome, it's been fun seeing the roster take form. Best part about this lineup: No Mason Raymond.

kyuss275
10-03-2015, 11:35 AM
Hmmm no Byron. He didn't play in the last game either. Wonder if he is not in the cards for the flames this year?

Still not convinced they are going to waive Raymond and send him down. Could see Raymond and Grandlund as extra forwards.

MisterJoji
10-03-2015, 11:47 AM

Colborne would likely be there instead, if he wasn't injured, bumping Jooris down to the 4th. However, Bollig-Stajan-Jones should be a really good 4th line and I love having Ferland with Bennett. Bouma-Backlund-Frolik is also a great defensive/shutdown line that still has some decent offense.

getbak
10-03-2015, 11:53 AM
Jets projected lineup from their morning skate...

Petan - Little - Wheeler
Perreault - Scheifele - Ehlers
Raffl - Burmistrov - Stafford
Thorburn - Copp - Peluso

Enstrom - Myers
Stuart - Trouba
Chiarot - Postma

Pavelec

Gaskal
10-03-2015, 11:58 AM
Colborne would likely be there instead, if he wasn't injured, bumping Jooris down to the 4th. However, Bollig-Stajan-Jones should be a really good 4th line and I love having Ferland with Bennett. Bouma-Backlund-Frolik is also a great defensive/shutdown line that still has some decent offense.
You and I think alike (http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpost.php?p=5296811&postcount=53). The only difference was, I was expecting Jones to be injured and Brodie to be healthy. Oh well...

300 MPH Blues
10-03-2015, 12:02 PM
Don't see this game on the centre ice channels but I do see it on TSN 3. Will this be blacked out for non Alberta or Manitoba residents? I live in Van and really want to watch this one

Shaw channel 353 in Vancouver.

bluck
10-03-2015, 12:06 PM

Cheers. Any idea what this would be for Telus?

Finger Cookin
10-03-2015, 12:06 PM
I am 100% sure this will be the starting lineup for game 1. Ortio will likely stay for now. Wilson will probably earn a 2-way contract but be sent down until the Ortio situation is resolved. Granlund and Byron make the team as extra forwards. Raymond is either dumped for a late round draft pick, or is put through waivers. Colborne is injured to start the season, and by the time he makes it back we will likely have another forward or two injured, so I'm sure we won't be recalling anyone any time soon.

I hope you're right about Raymond, but I have a feeling Granlund will go down to start. I'm also not sure about Wilson signing.

Finger Cookin
10-03-2015, 12:07 PM
Cheers. Any idea what this would be for Telus?

Somewhere between 1101-1114. Different providers have different policies on free previews for CI, so check with Telus if it's being offered. From the reaction the other day, it seems like Rogers and Bell don't offer the free preview.

bluck
10-03-2015, 12:09 PM
Somewhere between 1101-1114. Different providers have different policies on free previews for CI, so check with Telus if it's being offered. From the reaction the other day, it seems like Rogers and Bell don't offer the free preview.

Yea I just don't see it on the guide. I see the Habs and the Stars Games only

Igster
10-03-2015, 12:11 PM

Another reason to like Shaw. But then again it's more fun to list what people don't like about things.

I'm looking forward to watching the HD feed on my Shaw box tonight.

Finger Cookin
10-03-2015, 12:13 PM
Yea I just don't see it on the guide. I see the Habs and the Stars Games only

http://www.telus.com/en/ab/support/topic/optik-tv?lang=en&prov=ab#/solve-a-problem

Finger Cookin
10-03-2015, 12:14 PM
Another reason to like Shaw. But then again it's more fun to list what people don't like about things.

I'm looking forward to watching the HD feed on my Shaw box tonight.

Don't. The local streaming probably means it's blacked out on Shaw, too.

Zevo
10-03-2015, 12:40 PM

Not on centre ice, or at least it wasn't last game.

getbak
10-03-2015, 12:42 PM
Not on centre ice, or at least it wasn't last game.

Last game wasn't streamed.

polak
10-03-2015, 12:52 PM
Why might I ask? Great puck possession, great speed, good finish. He's been a force this preseason too.

Didn't he have a huge drop in production after he got moved away from Gaudreau? I don't see Bennett or Ferland setting him up like Johnny did. I think he might be an anchor on that line.

I would have been choked if you told me Ferland would be playing with Bennett before the preseason but he has had an awesome camp so Im excited to see what happens there. Hopefully regular season Ferland from last year is gone for good and playoff Ferland is what we have now.

cannon7
10-03-2015, 12:54 PM
I would adjust the forward lines accordingly...

Gaudreau-Monahan-Hudler
Ferland-Bennett-Frolik
Bouma-Backlund-Jones
Bolig-Stajan-Jorries

Gaskal
10-03-2015, 12:56 PM
I wonder if they're deliberately putting pressure on Kulak to see if he can handle it.
His parents will be in Calgary to watch him play tonight, so hopefully he has a great game and sticks.

IgiTang
10-03-2015, 12:59 PM

Victoria region also?

Benched
10-03-2015, 01:00 PM
Derek Wills @Fan960Wills
Gaudreau-Monahan-Hudler
Bouma-Backlund-Frolik
Ferland-Bennett-Jooris
Bollig-Stajan-Jones
#CGYvsWPG

Derek Wills @Fan960Wills
Giordano-Hamilton
Russell-Wideman
Kulak-Engelland
Goaltenders:
Ramo (Starter)
Hiller #CGYvsWPG

Looks like the roster is starting to get finalized. Coming together.

Hope Kulak looks good tonight. I like the kid.

Ramo stands on his head and Hiller is the odd man out? How 'clutch' is this game for Ramo/Hiller?

GranteedEV
10-03-2015, 01:02 PM
Didn't he have a huge drop in production after he got moved away from Gaudreau?

He had a huge drop in production after he

1) Messed up his wrist
2) Found himself centering lines with each possible offensively struggling Flame (Glencross, Raymond, Colborne)
3) Saw his power play ice time taken away by Colborne/Raymond, who did zilch on the power play.

AcGold
10-03-2015, 01:04 PM

Seems more like an open door honesty approach than deliberately putting pressure on him. The intellectual honesty that was BS is now actually real where everyone knows exactly where they stand in the organization, no mind games or rhetoric.

GoJetsGo
10-03-2015, 01:10 PM
Still confused about the Shaw / Centre Ice thing.

Last game on Thurs, I had "Blackout" listed on TSN 3 and that was indeed just a black out screen for those hours.

But people mentioned there was a Centre Ice free preview on, and I was able to watch on channel 353 on Shaw.

Tonight, the game is listed as blacked out again on TSN 3, and on Shaw Ch 353 (in the PVR guide) it lists the Jets vs. Flames starting at 7:00.

Anyone know if that Centre Ice Preview is still on? Hoping it will work on that channel again...

Street Pharmacist
10-03-2015, 01:12 PM

Last game on Thurs, I had "Blackout" listed on TSN 3 and that was indeed just a black out screen for those hours.

But people mentioned there was a Centre Ice free preview on, and I was able to watch on channel 353 on Shaw.

Tonight, the game is listed as blacked out again on TSN 3, and on Shaw Ch 353 (in the PVR guide) it lists the Jets vs. Flames starting at 7:00.

Anyone know if that Centre Ice Preview is still on? Hoping it will work on that channel again...
Shaw usually does the preview for the first few weeks of the season, so it should still be on

Enoch Root
10-03-2015, 01:32 PM

Absolutely they are. If he handles it, he starts on the roster. If he doesn't, he isn't ready.

Enoch Root
10-03-2015, 01:35 PM
Didn't he have a huge drop in production after he got moved away from Gaudreau? I don't see Bennett or Ferland setting him up like Johnny did. I think he might be an anchor on that line.

I would have been choked if you told me Ferland would be playing with Bennett before the preseason but he has had an awesome camp so Im excited to see what happens there. Hopefully regular season Ferland from last year is gone for good and playoff Ferland is what we have now.

I am pretty sure it has been pointed out to you multiple times that his production dropped off after the wrist injury that bothered him for the remainder of the year.

Yet you continue to jump on every opportunity to point out that his production dropped.

If you don't like him, fine - present some valid reasons why he doesn't deserve this opportunity.

But continuing to deliberately ignore the facts in order to make the same bogus argument over and over is just weird.

Imported_Aussie
10-03-2015, 01:52 PM
Jooris with Bennett makes a ton of sense.
He can take draws to ease pressure on Bennett, especially in Bennett's weak side, as Jooris is a righty
He is fast enough to keep up
He will forecheck and create space
He has played well with skilled players - that is something that often gets overlooked, as not every player can keep up with highly skilled guys.

If Colborne was fit, you might see him on the left on that line, with Ferland replacing Bollig.

I like those lines, especially if Granlund and Byron stay as the extra forwards.

Crumpy-Gunt
10-03-2015, 01:54 PM
I don't think they are deliberately putting pressure on kulak. It's the biggest game of his life and he knows it. The coach coming out and saying that doesn't put any more pressure on him imo. He has been working his whole life for this chance so the pressure really can't be any higher than it naturally is. I'm sure they will have him relaxed for his first few shifts.

hummdeedoo
10-03-2015, 02:06 PM
Derek Wills @Fan960Wills
Gaudreau-Monahan-Hudler
Bouma-Backlund-Frolik
Ferland-Bennett-Jooris
Bollig-Stajan-Jones
#CGYvsWPG

Derek Wills @Fan960Wills
Giordano-Hamilton
Russell-Wideman
Kulak-Engelland
Goaltenders:
Ramo (Starter)
Hiller #CGYvsWPG

Looks good! I would have Byron or even Granlund starting almost every time over Bollig though.

Looking forward to fast paced game tonight.

dammage79
10-03-2015, 02:07 PM
No Granlund. He's made his statement. I'm hoping it is good enough. He's so good.

I am assuming the Jets are sending their bubble team into CGY tonight.

GranteedEV
10-03-2015, 02:21 PM
I am assuming the Jets are sending their bubble team into CGY tonight.

Petan-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Scheifele-Ehlers
Raffl-Burmistrov-Stafford
Thorburn-Copp-Peluso

Enstrom-Myers
Stuart-Trouba
Chiarot-Postma

Pavelec
Hutchinson

Pretty much their Day-1 Roster except for Ladd and Byfuglien.

Igster
10-03-2015, 02:24 PM
Like last game, I'm sure I'll be watching it. Without the free preview on other providers at least I've got a chance. Pretty sure it'll be there.

FBI
10-03-2015, 02:54 PM
Soooo glad RAYMOND isn't playing. Good job Hartley and co!

Pierre "Monster" McGuire
10-03-2015, 03:03 PM
That's pretty close to the lineup I was hoping for. I'd just switch Ferland and Bouma. Otherwise, I'm pretty excited about starting the season like that.

dammage79
10-03-2015, 03:24 PM
Petan-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Scheifele-Ehlers
Raffl-Burmistrov-Stafford
Thorburn-Copp-Peluso

Enstrom-Myers
Stuart-Trouba
Chiarot-Postma

Pavelec
Hutchinson

Pretty much their Day-1 Roster except for Ladd and Byfuglien.

Yeah wow. Should make for a great game. Put up or shut up time for Ramo and Hiller if they're splitting this game.

dammage79
10-03-2015, 03:25 PM
That's pretty close to the lineup I was hoping for. I'd just switch Ferland and Bouma. Otherwise, I'm pretty excited about starting the season like that.

Missing that Finnish touch though. Tough to see how they make room for Granny though. That's a solid line up. Bollig is staying. Hartley likes him. Really dislike the idea of Granlund going to the farm.

Vulcan
10-03-2015, 03:29 PM

All the Flames televised games have been on Bell Centre Ice (free preview) or in my case when playing the Canucks, on SNP.

My beef is that SNW is not televising any of the Flames games. All the games have been either Canucks or Jets productions.

Imported_Aussie
10-03-2015, 03:29 PM
Jooris with Bennett makes a ton of sense.
He can take draws to ease pressure on Bennett, especially in Bennett's weak side, as Jooris is a righty
He is fast enough to keep up
He will forecheck and create space
He has played well with skilled players - that is something that often gets overlooked, as not every player can keep up with highly skilled guys.

If Colborne was fit, you might see him on the left on that line, with Ferland replacing Bollig.

I like those lines, especially if Granlund and Byron stay as the extra forwards.

Vulcan
10-03-2015, 03:32 PM
Missing that Finnish touch though. Tough to see how they make room for Granny though. That's a solid line up. Bollig is staying. Hartley likes him. Really dislike the idea of Granlund going to the farm.

I like Granlund too but if he isn't in our starting lineup it's probably best if he goes to Stockton.

Fighting Banana Slug
10-03-2015, 04:15 PM
I think Jooris will really step up this year. He has been terrific in the preseason and has some great line mates.

Kulak can win a spot with some good play. Sounds like Wilson had that shot last game and crapped the bad a bit. Interesting that they each will likely play with Engelland. Makes sense, sounds like they will keep Wideman/Russell together at least until Brodie gets back. I wonder if Brodie/Kulak could work?

GreenLantern2814
10-03-2015, 04:30 PM
Looks like the roster is starting to get finalized. Coming together.

Hope Kulak looks good tonight. I like the kid.

Ramo stands on his head and Hiller is the odd man out? How 'clutch' is this game for Ramo/Hiller?

I think Ramo is your odd man out, simply because I don't believe Treliving and co want Kari Ramo to be the most experienced goalie in the entire organization. Given that he isn't likely to be THAT much better than Hiller anyway, keep the veteran who's seen it all to mentor the rookie goalie.

All that is to say, I don't think this game truly decides anything on the goaltending front.

bluck
10-03-2015, 04:35 PM
Anyone see this game listed on centre ice for Telus yet?

robaur
10-03-2015, 04:37 PM
The game is on NHL Centre Ice #9 on Bell TV. Channel # 1459.

Hockey-and_stuff
10-03-2015, 05:18 PM
Just grabbed some last minute tickets to the game! Won't even have time to go home and grab my jersey.

Max Cow Disease
10-03-2015, 05:52 PM
So this is being streamed on the Flames site/app as well?

sureLoss
10-03-2015, 05:53 PM
Schiefle scratched tonight

Ken Wiebe @WiebeSunSports
#NHLJets F JC Lipon is getting a bonus chance to impress Paul Maurice tonight vs #Flames as Mark Scheifele is a late scratch (minor ailment)

Finger Cookin
10-03-2015, 05:54 PM

It's definitely being streamed on the site, which probably means it's on the app too.

Mike F
10-03-2015, 06:14 PM
The video should be streaming at 7 MT, and at various random intervals thereafter.

A delayed audio feed should start streaming ~7:15 MT.

KootenayFlamesFan
10-03-2015, 06:27 PM
Anyone see this game listed on centre ice for Telus yet?

I have Telus satellite........channel #1459

jayswin
10-03-2015, 06:32 PM
I have Telus satellite........channel #1459

Nothing on Telus cable. They have every game listed on Centre Ice but the Flames/Jets game. I hate Telus so much for so many reasons, and it looks like I get to add a reason tonight.

They're so awful in every way.

KootenayFlamesFan
10-03-2015, 06:35 PM
Nothing on Telus cable. They have every game listed on Centre Ice but the Flames/Jets game.

That seems so strange, and wrong.

jayswin
10-03-2015, 06:43 PM
That seems so strange, and wrong.

If I know Telus, some idiot probably looked at their programming and saw that they are showing the game on TSN2 so therefore it is not needed on Centre Ice, without noticing that it's regional.

I know these guys, they are that stupid.

Da_Chief
10-03-2015, 06:44 PM
Excited to see how Kulak does. His emergence can have an effect on Russell's extension.

Flames_Gimp
10-03-2015, 06:47 PM
MOD EDIT: Do not discuss illegal links at all, please.

Fire
10-03-2015, 06:54 PM
Excited to see how Kulak does. His emergence can have an effect on Russell's extension.

Yeah hoping for a big game by Kulak so they don't need to sign Wilson to a deal.

Diemenz
10-03-2015, 07:01 PM
353 on Shaw

BigNumbers
10-03-2015, 07:02 PM
Does anyone know if it's on Telus optic? I don't see it on any of the center ice channels when I went through them

Flames_Gimp
10-03-2015, 07:02 PM
whoops posting without thinking

Flames0910
10-03-2015, 07:03 PM
Does anyone know if it's on Telus optic? I don't see it on any of the center ice channels when I went through them

Same here. The app says no live events are scheduled too. Looks like it's just calgaryflames.com :confused:

fotiou22
10-03-2015, 07:08 PM
Same here. The app says no live events are scheduled too. Looks like it's just calgaryflames.com :confused:

They have Jets vs Bruins listed.

To Be Quite Honest
10-03-2015, 07:09 PM
Yay! We have more country singers performing the archaic national anthem...

Beatle17
10-03-2015, 07:10 PM

I am watching it on Shaw 353 right now in Calgary