PDA

View Full Version : CP Top 50 NHL players poll

GreenLantern2814
09-30-2015, 10:17 PM
Rather than go with 100 polling options, to keep things neat and tidy I'm just going to list the top 10 scorers at the end of each poll. I'd be curious to see where CP's consensus rates against the TSN list.

GreenLantern2814
09-30-2015, 10:23 PM
I screwed up this format right away, because I didn't think it was right to not include Jonathan Toews in initial poll to be #1, because people always like that argument. Especially at the expense of Nick Foligno. But then I realized some other glaring flaws ie the lack of goalies and D.

So, I'll make some adjustments in the next poll, but as I really see this as a showdown between Crosby and Toews, my mistake will be short lived.

Dion
09-30-2015, 10:25 PM
My choice is Toews. To me he represents all the qualities a GM would want to build his team around.

Patek23
09-30-2015, 10:33 PM
Hudler shouldn't be an option

FireGilbert
09-30-2015, 10:34 PM
Write in vote: Carey Price.

2nd write in vote: Steven Stamkos

From the available voting options I will have to pick Toews. Strong consideration for Crosby and Seguin though.

Cheerio
09-30-2015, 10:47 PM
nm

Yrebmi
09-30-2015, 10:53 PM
Hudler and Sedin are in there to weed out the obvious homers. Surprised there is no McD option.

Instinctively I almost voted Crosby but chose instead to abstain.
I watch almost exclusively Flames hockey and honestly don't see enough of Mr Crosby or some of the other eastern based players.
I am interested in the results though.

GreenLantern2814
09-30-2015, 10:57 PM
I think I may need to do a mass poll option. Sorry, people who hate scrolling.

Everyone who has won/been nominated for a major award in the last five years, until I get to 49 - Hart, Norris, Vezina, Calder, Art Ross, Selke, Rocket Richard, Conn Smythe, Ted Lindsey, Jennings. Crosby is running away with #1, so my apologies for the shoddy methodology in the early going.

In no particular order, your nominees in the next thread will be:

Jamie Benn
Aaron Ekblad
Johnny Gaudreau
Mark Stone
Duncan Keith
Patrice Bergeron
Anze Kopitar
Jonathan Toews
Carey Price
Alexander Ovechkin
John Tavares
Erik Karlsson
Drew Doughty
PK Subban
Devan Dubnyk
Pekka Rinne
Nathan MacKinnon
Tyler Johnson
Ondrej Palat
Justin Williams
Ryan Getzlaf
Claude Giroux
Zdeno Chara
Shea Weber
Tuukka Rask
Ben Bishop
Semyon Varlamov
Jonathan Quick
Jonathan Huberdeau
Brendan Gallagher
Brandon Saad
Patrick Kane
Pavel Datsyuk
Kris Letang
Ryan Suter
Sergei Bobrovsky
Henrik Lundqvist
Antti Niemi
Corey Crawford
Evgeni Malkin
Gabriel Landeskog
Adam Henrique
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
David Backes
Steven Stamkos
Daniel Sedin
Corey Perry
Jeff Skinner
Roberto Luongo

And because it's Calgary, Mark Giordano will make 51. This isn't without it's flaws, but the results should be interesting.

GreenLantern2814
09-30-2015, 11:01 PM
Hudler and Sedin are in there to weed out the obvious homers. Surprised there is no McD option.

Instinctively I almost voted Crosby but chose instead to abstain.
I watch almost exclusively Flames hockey and honestly don't see enough of Mr Crosby or some of the other eastern based players.
I am interested in the results though.

Hudler and Sedin were there because I didn't put any thought into how I was going to do this.

And also what you said.

d_phaneuf
09-30-2015, 11:06 PM
hes not even the best Sedin

I do think a poll style like what was done for the prospects would be interesting though

codynw
10-01-2015, 08:21 AM
Toews is absolutely not the best player in the world. He's not even the best cup winning, two way intangibles center, because Kopitar is better than him.

Weitz
10-01-2015, 08:41 AM
I like how on TSN when describing the Top 5 players, it was all their individual prowess and what they have accomplished.

For Toews? All team accomplishments.

I just don't get how you can put him top 5 skilled players in the NHL.

RyZ
10-01-2015, 08:51 AM
#1 is still Crosby by a decent margin. If he even bounces back to having a decent season from his awful season last year he is gonna win the Art Ross by 20ish points again.

It will interesting to see what happens in the 3-10 range

IgiTang
10-01-2015, 08:56 AM
Went Toews but honorable mention to Corey Perry and Steven Stamkos who aren't on the poll?! But the Sedins are?

GranteedEV
10-01-2015, 09:13 AM
I'm not sure there's anything that makes Toews better than Bergeron or Kopitar...

LChoy
10-01-2015, 09:15 AM
Sorry to have started something :D

Just my own personal opinions. It's really a hard choice between 2 very good options, but Toews for me just because I think he is the best overall package of skills and attributes. I think Crosby is more skilled (best backhand in the league), but Toews has that clutch factor and winning pedigree. Even besides playing with Chicago, Toews was always among the best players in International play and World Jrs

Again, just my opinion, and I think Crosby is absolutely amazing as well, but at the end of the day, winning has to count for something, and he has won more than Crosby

My 2 cents

codynw
10-01-2015, 09:30 AM
I'm not sure there's anything that makes Toews better than Bergeron or Kopitar...

In Kopitar's case, he's European and therefore less good.

GranteedEV
10-01-2015, 09:51 AM
Toews has that clutch factor and winning pedigree.

So Seabrook > Giordano/Karlsson/Subban?
So Crawford > Price/Lundqvist?

GreenLantern2814
10-01-2015, 09:58 AM
Went Toews but honorable mention to Corey Perry and Steven Stamkos who aren't on the poll?! But the Sedins are?

The initial poll was constructed simply based on the top 10 point getters of 2014-15. Hence hudler and the lesser sedin. And the absence of Perry and Stamkos.

bubbsy
10-01-2015, 11:22 AM
had to go toews