PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Rivers: The Death Certificate

AC
09-29-2015, 11:39 PM
A crazy story about Jamie Rivers playing in Croatia. Well worth the read IMO.

http://slapshotdiaries.com/the-death-certificate/

And the hit in question that started the whole story:
r81DZ3_tXjs

Two Fivenagame
09-29-2015, 11:54 PM
How does he not have brain damage?

evman150
09-30-2015, 01:06 AM
Interesting response by the body to the trauma. You'd think evolutionarily there'd be a better response than "go to sleep and die".

To Be Quite Honest
09-30-2015, 01:16 AM
Reminds me of my 2 death certificates.

http://freepages.family.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~alonzowood/marriage.jpg

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/hand-holding-mortgage-certificate-24196525.jpg

bluejays
09-30-2015, 08:37 PM
Sounds like a load of baloney kinda story to me. No oxygen for over 2 minutes and the doctors signing a death certificate and he magically pops back to life (with no brain damage nonetheless)? Sure sounds like a fisherman's story right there.

FlamesAddiction
09-30-2015, 10:03 PM
Sounds like a load of baloney kinda story to me. No oxygen for over 2 minutes and the doctors signing a death certificate and he magically pops back to life (with no brain damage nonetheless)? Sure sounds like a fisherman's story right there.

Also, I find it hard to believe that he would go to a hospital and no one spoke English. I have been to Croatia many times and English is a common lingua franca even on the street. A place like a hospital would have many speakers available.

In fact, it's hard to get people to even speak Croatian to you if they know you can speak English as your first language.

Nehkara
09-30-2015, 10:08 PM

How does he not have brain damage?

Permanent brain damage occurs after 4 minutes of the brain having no oxygen.

I'm not a doctor but from what I do know this would be a rare case but plausible.

D as in David
10-01-2015, 08:03 AM
I have no idea but would the death certificate be created and signed in so short of a time?

Nufy
10-01-2015, 08:22 AM
So if he cannot get life insurance because he's already dead...

Can he collect on current policies even though he is still alive ?

Trailer Fire
10-01-2015, 08:36 AM
I have no idea but would the death certificate be created and signed in so short of a time?

My uncle had surgery a few years back to remove blockages that derived blood flow to his brain (or just within his head, I can't 100% recall) and while on the operating table his heart stopped for around 2 minutes. They had a death certificate ready for when they officially called it. They got his heart beating again and the certificate was voided. He has it framed and hanging in his living room, because he and his whole family is weird.

undercoverbrother
10-01-2015, 10:28 AM
What city was this?

Locke
10-01-2015, 10:35 AM
Thats a very good read, really cool. I mean, it sucks for him obviously, but I found it interesting.

And hell yeah if I had my own death certificate that'd be going on the wall! What a story to tell at parties!

His wife must have been apoplectic. If that had happened to me my wife would have made the death certificate genuine.

Yrebmi
10-01-2015, 10:47 AM
My uncle had surgery a few years back to remove blockages that derived blood flow to his brain (or just within his head, I can't 100% recall) and while on the operating table his heart stopped for around 2 minutes. They had a death certificate ready for when they officially called it. They got his heart beating again and the certificate was voided. He has it framed and hanging in his living room, because he and his whole family is weird.
:whistle: