PDA

View Full Version : [GDT] Flames vs Avs - 7pm - Fan960 - Streaming on Flames website

MissTeeks
09-29-2015, 10:17 AM
Aaron Vickers ‏@AAVickers7s7 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/AAVickers/status/648894212746821632)

#Flames (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Flames?src=hash) lines vs COL:

Gaudreau-Monahan-Hudler;
Bennett-Backlund-Frolik;
Ferland-Granlund-Jooris;
Byron-Shore-Hathaway

Pat Steinberg ‏@Fan960Steinberg33s33 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/Fan960Steinberg/status/648894304807686144)
#Flames (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Flames?src=hash) D tonight:

Giordano-Hamilton;
Russell-Wideman;
Engelland-Wilson

Hiller and Ramo split time in net.

GioforPM
09-29-2015, 10:21 AM
Why is Hathaway still getting time? I don't dislike him but he's not making the team, and could use the practice time with the team he will actually play for.

Looks like this is Wilson's big game.

dash_pinched
09-29-2015, 10:24 AM
Flames aren't messing around with that lineup, that's pretty much the roster to start opening night against the Canucks, I reckon (only Hathaway up front and Wilson on the backend stand out as non-regulars.)

GioforPM
09-29-2015, 10:27 AM
Flames aren't messing around with that lineup, that's pretty much the roster to start opening night against the Canucks, I reckon (only Hathaway up front and Wilson on the backend stand out as non-regulars.)

I'm betting Colborne, Stajan and Bollig in, Shore, Granlund and Hathaway out. And Hathaway and poor waiver exempt Granlund both in the minors.

I think Wilson has a really good shot at the opening day roster.

saillias
09-29-2015, 10:30 AM
Hartley on our top 4 D. - "With Brodie injured you don't need to go to Harvard to figure it out."

He says the battle is for that 6th D spot beside Engelland. Implying that Engelland is a lock.

jaikorven
09-29-2015, 10:31 AM
I love that hockey is back, but why only a stream in the local area? :(

dash_pinched
09-29-2015, 10:32 AM
@GioforPM - Yeah, definitely agree about Stajan and Colborne, Bollig in my opinion will be in-and-out of the lineup, but still a good guy to have as a 4th liner when injuries occur. On the backend, I hope Kulak gets a good long look, I've been impressed especially with his poise in his own zone.

Komskies
09-29-2015, 10:34 AM
Why is Hathaway still getting time? I don't dislike him but he's not making the team, and could use the practice time with the team he will actually play for.

Just happens to be against his former team too.

Bandwagon In Flames
09-29-2015, 10:43 AM
I'm betting Colborne, Stajan and Bollig in, Shore, Granlund and Hathaway out. And Hathaway and poor waiver exempt Granlund both in the minors.

I think Wilson has a really good shot at the opening day roster.

I think Granlund has done enough in training camp to be the 13th forward like last year. He's scored a couple nice goals and has been good defensively. I'd like to see him splitting time centering the 4th line and moving up when injuries happen.

Anyone else think it's telling that Hiller and Ramo are splitting time in goal tonight? To me that makes it look like the two of them are battling for the NHL job, with Ortio in a more comfortable position.

Finger Cookin
09-29-2015, 10:45 AM
I think Granlund has done enough in training camp to be the 13th forward like last year. He's scored a couple nice goals and has been good defensively. I'd like to see him splitting time centering the 4th line and moving up when injuries happen.

If there wasn't a logjam up front with other players who aren't waiver exempt, he'd probably start here. As it is, his waiver exempt status all but guarantees that he starts in Stockton.

bluck
Team Rosters:

http://s9.postimg.org/bwz5b41in/image.png

Toonage
Thought Glencross would be in tonight for Colorado? Not looking like it.

KootenayFlamesFan
09-29-2015, 10:47 AM
You guys are forgetting about Jones. He'll start the season on Stajan's wing.

KootenayFlamesFan
09-29-2015, 10:48 AM
Aaron Vickers ‏@AAVickers
Bennett experience on wing tonight will last a period. He'll move to centre in the second, according to Hartley. #Flames

Huntingwhale
09-29-2015, 10:48 AM
Great. A Flames game being streamed on the Flames website means no one gets to watch the game.

ComixZone
09-29-2015, 10:57 AM
Aaron Vickers ‏@AAVickers 10m10 minutes ago
Bennett experience on wing tonight will last a period. He'll move to centre in the second, according to Hartley. #Flames
2 retweets 0 favorites
Reply Retweet 2 Favorite
More

Bennett on the wing for 1 period, Centre for 2 periods.

***FATA'D by KootenayFlamesFan***

:oops:

squiggs96
09-29-2015, 10:57 AM
You can still go to the game. Tickets are $6 on StubHub.

squiggs96
09-29-2015, 10:59 AM
Thought Glencross would be in tonight for Colorado? Not looking like it.

Mike Chambers ‏@MikeChambers (https://twitter.com/MikeChambers) 16m16 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/MikeChambers/status/648900640966488064) Curtis Glencross expected to join #Avs (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Avs?src=hash) in Calgary today. His former home. Not sure if he will play vs Flames tonight

#BadAssRainbow ‏@RaeCroteau (https://twitter.com/RaeCroteau) 15m15 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/RaeCroteau/status/648901158270996480)
@MikeChambers (https://twitter.com/MikeChambers) @SUNGilbertson (https://twitter.com/SUNGilbertson) he's in, going to be a tough first games against his buds

LanceUppercut
09-29-2015, 11:04 AM
Nakladal is on the roster sheet, wonder if that means he is actually playing tonight?

Bandwagon In Flames
09-29-2015, 11:04 AM
If there wasn't a logjam up front with other players who aren't waiver exempt, he'd probably start here. As it is, his waiver exempt status all but guarantees that he starts in Stockton.

Fair point, but if the Flames want to stay true to their always earned, never given motto then somethings gotta give. Raymond doesn't deserve to be anywhere near their organization and I suspect his time with the Calgary Flames might be over very soon.

Granlund has been given some decent linemates tonight, let's see if he can push himself into the starting line-up. He'll be in a first call-up scenario otherwise so not terrible.

drewtastic
09-29-2015, 11:06 AM
Colorado got Gormley?!?

Power stance! https://youtu.be/zEcGNj5nIgQ?t=33

Red Menace
09-29-2015, 11:08 AM
Treliving had some good things to say about Granny on the radio yesterday, I'd love to see him make the team, he is certainly one of our best 14 fwds.

Finger Cookin
09-29-2015, 11:12 AM
Fair point, but if the Flames want to stay true to their always earned, never given motto then somethings gotta give. Raymond doesn't deserve to be anywhere near their organization and I suspect his time with the Calgary Flames might be over very soon.

Granlund has been given some decent linemates tonight, let's see if he can push himself into the starting line-up. He'll be in a first call-up scenario otherwise so not terrible.

Something will give, it just might not give in time for opening night.

FBI
09-29-2015, 11:14 AM
Raymond not even getting a chance to try and prove something. I guess he's been that bad and the writing is already on the wall!

Split98
09-29-2015, 11:26 AM
This local streaming garbage is unreal.

Can't believe we're still having these problems

FBI
09-29-2015, 11:39 AM
Also with this goaltending situation tonight, all Ortio has to do is play decent next game to make the team! (Knock on wood)

MissTeeks
09-29-2015, 11:41 AM
Raymond not even getting a chance to try and prove something. I guess he's been that bad and the writing is already on the wall!

They said on the radio this morning that he has an injury.

skudr248
09-29-2015, 11:42 AM
Also with this goaltending situation tonight, all Ortio has to do is play decent next game to make the team! (Knock on wood)

And most likely one of the two in tonight having a bad game. As for Raymond... he no good.

puckedoff
09-29-2015, 11:54 AM
Hopefully Hiller starts the 1st period so he can practice saving the first shot on goal.

No wonder we had so many comeback wins last year, we were usually down 1-0 after the first SOG.

Leeman4Gilmour
09-29-2015, 11:56 AM
@GioforPM - Yeah, definitely agree about Stajan and Colborne, Bollig in my opinion will be in-and-out of the lineup, but still a good guy to have as a 4th liner when injuries occur. On the backend, I hope Kulak gets a good long look, I've been impressed especially with his poise in his own zone.

Heard on the radio last week, something to effect that Bollig really impressed Hartely with how well conditioned he came into camp. Hartley went on to say his role won't change, but his responsibilities may grow. That's paraphrased. He still may be in and out, but it seemed like Hartley has his back.

Bandwagon In Flames
09-29-2015, 12:08 PM

He's also already had chances to prove himself in training camp lining up on the 1st/2nd line with players like Bennett. Major floppage occurred.

FBI
09-29-2015, 12:09 PM

Doh thanks for raining on my "Raymond on waivers" parade! ;)

Ozy_Flame
09-29-2015, 12:12 PM
Doh thanks for raining on my "Raymond on waivers" parade! ;)

Raymond forecast - cloudy with a chance of Stockton

MissTeeks
09-29-2015, 12:13 PM
Aaron Vickers ‏@AAVickers 55s55 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/AAVickers/status/648922872363139072)

Hartley on bubble guys in camp:“We don’t give receipts for charity over here. If you’re here, we believe that you can do it." #Flames (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Flames?src=hash)

Imported_Aussie
09-29-2015, 12:16 PM

makes sense to switch him with Granlund mid game - both get time at LW to a 2nd line and 3rd line centre duties.

Granlund, if he keeps playing at this level, should be on the roster to start, but as many have mentioned, the issue of waivers makes him easy to demote and make first callup. If he lifts his play more - means time for a tough decision for Treliving

btimbit
09-29-2015, 12:29 PM
Heard on the radio last week, something to effect that Bollig really impressed Hartely with how well conditioned he came into camp. Hartley went on to say his role won't change, but his responsibilities may grow. That's paraphrased. He still may be in and out, but it seemed like Hartley has his back.

If Bollig keeps playing like he did in the playoffs and pre season then I'm all for it

Coach
09-29-2015, 12:33 PM
Hiller and Ramo splitting time tells me what most of us already know. They want to keep Ortio and decide who is the better option between Ramo and Hiller, which they may not have figured out yet.

Calgary4LIfe
09-29-2015, 12:45 PM
Another possible option I think would sometimes be beneficial is throwing out Granlund on a few shifts with Gaudreau and Monahan. Why? Granlund has the hockey sense to work with them, and he is a total sniper with one of the best shots on the team that might work well there. Rotating him, Ferland and Hudler on that top line gives it so many different looks.

corporatejay
09-29-2015, 01:19 PM
Was hoping to get another look at Kulak.

cannon7
09-29-2015, 01:39 PM
Another guy not in the lineup is Bouma, to further make the case that there's way more forwards contending for spots than you'd expect this late into camp. I think it is inevitable that Hathaway, Granlund, etc. get assigned, but for how long? Treliving has to be shopping guys around.

BurningSteel
09-29-2015, 01:48 PM

Ah you know its like I say he going to play. He play on da wing or in da middle he still go the same way like you know up the ice.

Fire
09-29-2015, 02:16 PM

He accidentally blocked a shot with his arm last game. The way he skated off the ice it looked somewhat serious.

KootenayFlamesFan
09-29-2015, 02:35 PM
Mike Chambers ‏@MikeChambers
#Avs have confirmed LW Curtis Glencross (PTO) will play tonight at Calgary, where he lives.

foshizzle11
09-29-2015, 02:51 PM
Nice, can't wait to watch the choppy stream and Glencross in the same place even after it finishes refreshing.

Caged Great
09-29-2015, 03:43 PM
He accidentally blocked a shot with his arm last game. The way he skated off the ice it looked somewhat serious.

Which might be a blessing in disguise for Raymond, especially if he's out for a month with something like a broken hand. The Flames may run into injury troubles again like they did last year in the first month and he might be able to re-join the team when there is a vacancy and have an audition during the season instead of getting waived right now, which is probably the likeliest scenario at the moment.

StrykerSteve
09-29-2015, 03:44 PM
Nice, can't wait to watch the choppy stream and Glencross in the same place even after it finishes refreshing.

Tickets are 6 bucks, just go to the game. I just bought 5, going to take the family.

genetic_phreek
09-29-2015, 04:00 PM
Tickets are 6 bucks, just go to the game. I just bought 5, going to take the family.

being in VanCity I will occasionally see a family of panhandlers but I've never seen a family of a$$ handlers. :whistle:

Racki
09-29-2015, 04:04 PM
Treliving has earned the reputation of a tireless worker that never stops working the phones. I'm confident that come opening night he'll have done his due diligence to ensure that we ice our best lineup and we aren't forced to part with assets for nothing.

StrykerSteve
09-29-2015, 04:17 PM
being in VanCity I will occasionally see a family of panhandlers but I've never seen a family of a$$ handlers. :whistle:

I lived on the lower mainland for a good chunk of my life, long before I started a family though lol.

GranteedEV
09-29-2015, 04:17 PM
Rooting for Glencross to get signed. I don't mind if he has a hat trick on Hilleramo :whistle:

I'm pretty excited to see that Byron-Shore-Hathaway bottom line. Hathaway struck me as a puck-digger type player the few times I've seen him in the minors (granted, one of those was that 10-0 beatdown on Tampa's farm :eek: ), Shore's good along the boards, and Byron's Byron. I can see that line being very effective.

saXon
09-29-2015, 05:02 PM
In all honesty, I hope GlenX puts on his scoreface for old times sake and earns himself a 1 way contract.

...with the Flames winning by 1, of course.

schteve_d
09-29-2015, 05:07 PM
So, this local feed thing....will I be able to watch it online in Fort McMurray?

cannon7
09-29-2015, 05:38 PM
Glencross was a Flames killer before he joined the Flames. We'll see if that returns.

Street Pharmacist
09-29-2015, 05:40 PM
So, this local feed thing....will I be able to watch it online in Fort McMurray?
No

foshizzle11
09-29-2015, 05:42 PM

Where did you find these magical $6 tix?

Flames Draft Watcher
09-29-2015, 05:43 PM

Hathaway is this year's Jooris. He may not start the year with the Flames but it looks like he's shortlisted himself for a checking role if we experience injuries in the bottom 6. I liked his game against the Canucks, he stood out for sure. And he finished top 3 in fitness testing, that has to help his cause.

Coach
09-29-2015, 05:44 PM
Glencross was a Flames killer before he joined the Flames. We'll see if that returns.

Honestly, he will probably be a beast tonight. We all know what a vengeful Glencross can be. We saw him sometimes, and it was usually in these types of games. This is his last shot at a contract against his former team with a grudge. He will be a handful.

4oh3
09-29-2015, 05:49 PM
Stub Hub . Press Level going at 6 USD.

Finger Cookin
09-29-2015, 05:50 PM

Do you normally get to watch Flames regional games on SNW in Fort McMurray? If so, you should be able to access this stream.

getbak
09-29-2015, 05:52 PM
You should be able to watch it anywhere that you can normally watch Flames broadcasts. So, Fort McMurray should be good.

That, of course, assumes it works the way it's supposed to.

Street Pharmacist
09-29-2015, 05:54 PM
You should be able to watch it anywhere that you can normally watch Flames broadcasts. So, Fort McMurray should be good.

That, of course, assumes it works the way it's supposed to.
I don't think so. The flames region is separate from the Oilers region.

getbak
09-29-2015, 06:02 PM
I don't think so. The flames region is separate from the Oilers region.
No it's not. That's why we can watch all the Oilers games in Calgary.

schteve_d
09-29-2015, 06:06 PM
I do normally get the regional games on SNW so hoping it's all good.

saXon
09-29-2015, 06:12 PM

Sorry, but that's solely because the media likes to cram this Oilers team down everyone's throats year after year. We've been able to watch Oilers games out here in Van for years.

It's even worse with McDaigle now assimilated into the Hall of Greats.

Could be wrong, but after about 3.7 beers, I'm pretty sure I'm not.

GranteedEV
09-29-2015, 06:16 PM

Pretty sure that's only because we'd rather watch the hilarity of E=NG than their own fans.

gallione11
09-29-2015, 06:40 PM
I know the game hasn't started yet but the link to "Watch Live" is showing warmups with Fan960 audio here in OR. Hope it stays that way for the game. Doesn't hurt to give it a try.

Cali Panthers Fan
09-29-2015, 06:42 PM
Not sure where else to put this, and I didn't feel like creating a new thread.

Is anyone else watching the Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh game? It says it's Kraft Hockeyville, so I would imagine it's being broadcast in Canada, but I'm seeing it on NBCSN.

Anyways, the angle that they're broadcasting at is amazing. Not sure how they're doing it, but it's like the camera is directly above the penalty boxes about 30-40 feet in the air. You can see the play beautifully. It's in Johnstown, PA, so it might be that the press boxes are just that much closer to the boards. In any case, I wish every game was broadcast like this.

hockey.modern
09-29-2015, 06:48 PM
Just looked at the stream. Still bad....

http://video.flames.nhl.com/videocenter/

Chonger
09-29-2015, 06:55 PM
Is this on flames youtube channel as well?

dissentowner
09-29-2015, 06:56 PM
There is no regional blackout that I can see

Street Pharmacist
09-29-2015, 07:00 PM
I got it from Kamloops, but just a loop of 30 seconds of crowd shots and remax ad

Super-Rye
09-29-2015, 07:09 PM
Streams working for me atm...

That singer needs to realize she isn't on The Voice. Instant dislike for her.