PDA

View Full Version : [GDT] Flames @ Canucks | 8:00PM MT | FAN960, SNWEST

hockey.modern
09-26-2015, 12:15 PM
Fan960Steinberg: #Flames have sent Dustin Stevenson to Stockton. Mason McDonald assigned back to QMJHL.

@Fan960Wills: Ryan Miller will start in goal, likely go the distance for #Canucks vs. #Flames tonight. #VANvsCGY

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CP2DrTwUsAA0ChT.jpg

btimbit
09-26-2015, 12:17 PM
Hey, Blair Riley is on the gamesheet tonight

CroFlames
09-26-2015, 12:19 PM
Each preseason game takes us a step closer to the regular season. Can't wait boys.

dammage79
09-26-2015, 12:21 PM
Defense pairings made by me:

Andersson-Wilson
Kylington-Morrisson
Kulak-Wotherspoon
Kanzig
Still a better D corps than what VAN brought to the table last night. Very young though, those kids are going to into the furnace against the VAN mainstays.

btimbit
09-26-2015, 12:22 PM
Should be interesting. Last night we iced more NHLers, tonight it's the opposite. Pretty young D against the likes of the Sedins

mrdonkey
09-26-2015, 12:22 PM
Flames icing an entire roster of players fighting for spots, against 3/4 of the Canucks opening night lineup. Should be interesting to see who rises up to the challenge.

Gonna be a lot of cuts coming after this game, methinks.

H2SO4(aq)
09-26-2015, 12:24 PM
pretty awful lineup. Thought we would at least see backlund.

CroFlames
09-26-2015, 12:26 PM
Six NHLers in the lineup, two of which are Bollig and Raymond haha.

Watch them still light up the Canucks :D

mrdonkey
09-26-2015, 12:32 PM
Six NHLers in the lineup, two of which are Bollig and Raymond haha.

Watch them still light up the Canucks :D

I like how Raymond is just listed as 'F.'

So fitting, somehow.

XeO
09-26-2015, 12:36 PM
Time to play make your own lines! I'll go first

Agostino - Jooris - Poirier
Klimchuk - Arnold - Granlund
Raymond - Stajan - Jones
Bollig - Colbourne - Hathaway
Van Brabant - Elson - Riley

Kylington - Andersson
Kulak - Morrison
Wotherspoon - Wilson
Kanzig

Ramo
Ortio

GranteedEV
09-26-2015, 12:39 PM
Agostino-Stajan-Jones
Klimchuk-Granlund-Jooris
Raymond-Arnold-Poirier
Van Brabant-Elson-Hathaway
Bollig-Colborne-Riley

Wilson-Morrison
Wotherspoon-Kulak
Kylington-Andersson
Kanzig

Ramo
Ortio

Haha, if we come out of Van with a W it'll be glorious.

GoJetsGo
09-26-2015, 12:46 PM
I think Ramo steps up and plays a big game giving our less experienced roster a good shot at taking this one.

sureLoss
09-26-2015, 12:50 PM
Derek Wills @Fan960Wills
#Flames projected lines vs. #Canucks:
Bollig-Stajan-Jones
Raymond-Colborne-Poirier
Jooris-Granlund-Hathaway
Klimchuk-Elson-Riley
#VANvsCGY

Aaron Vickers @AAVickers
#Flames D looking like: Wilson-Andersson; Kulak-Kylington; Wotherspoon-Morrison. Again, expect Ramo for 60 minutes.

Moneyhands23
09-26-2015, 12:50 PM
I'll be sitting 15 rows behind the Canucks goalie for 2 periods! Hope our kids give them a serious beating tonight!!!

sureLoss
09-26-2015, 12:54 PM
Arnold dealing with dental pains

Wes Gilbertson @SUNGilbertson
Despite being listed on potential game roster, #Flames C Bill Arnold is not on ice in Vancouver. Spent yesterday in dental chair.

Reggie Dunlop
09-26-2015, 01:12 PM
The Raymond-Colborne-Poirier line is interesting.

Colborne has been playing with a bit more snark this camp. Poirier needs a big game here. They could make for a good pairing.

Mony
09-26-2015, 01:12 PM
Vancouver has 5 Alexs on their roster tonight.

curves2000
09-26-2015, 01:13 PM
I have a really dumb question but it appears that the both the Canucks yesterday and the Flames today both flew into their away cities on game day. According to the Flames Instagram feed, the Flames arrived in Vancouver this morning and are currently practicing at Rogers Arena. Where do the players nap and eat during their afternoon prior to the game? Usually for short flights like this the teams fly out right after the game so I don't know if the Flames got a hotel for their Vancouver stay.

Just an interesting observation if anybody knew the answers.

Hugh Jahrmes
09-26-2015, 01:24 PM
Should be interesting. Last night we iced more NHLers, tonight it's the opposite. Pretty young D against the likes of the Sedins

Im sure that'll certainly have their attention

getbak
09-26-2015, 01:38 PM
Arnold dealing with dental pains

Despite being listed on potential game roster, #Flames C Bill Arnold is not on ice in Vancouver. Spent yesterday in dental chair.
It sounds like he took an accidental high stick from Gio in practice yesterday. He was supposed to play last night, but instead had to have an emergency double root canal.

CroFlames
09-26-2015, 01:41 PM
It sounds like he took an accidental high stick from Gio in practice yesterday. He was supposed to play last night, but instead had to have an emergency double root canal.

Trade Gio right away. An obviously problematic player.

Thanks NDP.

Icon
09-26-2015, 01:58 PM
Odd that Colborne is lining up at center tonight

FBI
09-26-2015, 02:00 PM
Double root canal?? I had a root canal and it took 4 hours and was brutal. Smoke everywhere.

puckedoff
09-26-2015, 02:05 PM
Hoping for a good game but the Sedins may light up that D who knows... should be good. THe Raymond - Poirier line has some speed.

foshizzle11
09-26-2015, 02:19 PM
This will be a fun test for the young D playing solo minutes against the Sedins and Co.

I bet we see a lot of Morrison and Wilson on the ice tonight.

I am pumped to Arnold get in, I hope he has a good game.

csnarpy
09-26-2015, 02:44 PM
Double root canal?? I had a root canal and it took 4 hours and was brutal. Smoke everywhere.

Really? I seriously had a emergency double root canal on two molars 3 weeks ago. Got in at 7 and was out by 930. One dentist and, the most part, without the help of an assistant. Plus, not a lick of pain.

My cheek was numb up to the my ears but I felt great the next day.

I really can't understand why a RC would hold back a player, unless there was a complication.

Street Pharmacist
09-26-2015, 03:03 PM
Really? I seriously had a emergency double root canal on two molars 3 weeks ago. Got in at 7 and was out by 930. One dentist and, the most part, without the help of an assistant. Plus, not a lick of pain.

I really can't understand why a RC would hold back a player, unless there was a complication.
Because when a player has to get it done, it's because the teeth have been snapped off and there's significant trauma all over the area

saillias
09-26-2015, 03:06 PM
Odd that Colborne is lining up at center tonight

This will be the 3rd year in a row they try it. And probably the 3rd year in a row they realize it doesn't work and quickly move him to wing

FBI
09-26-2015, 03:10 PM
Mine was about 6 years ago so maybe technology has gotten better.. Or maybe there are different types.. All I know is mine took forever and I'm a big guy so I needed to keep the numbing stuff going constantly..

Vulcan
09-26-2015, 03:19 PM
This will be the 3rd year in a row they try it. And probably the 3rd year in a row they realize it doesn't work and quickly move him to wing

I don't think that he fails at centre, it's just that there is no room. For now it's probably so he can keep ready in case of an injury to one of our top four.

CMPunk
09-26-2015, 03:47 PM
I have a really dumb question but it appears that the both the Canucks yesterday and the Flames today both flew into their away cities on game day. According to the Flames Instagram feed, the Flames arrived in Vancouver this morning and are currently practicing at Rogers Arena. Where do the players nap and eat during their afternoon prior to the game? Usually for short flights like this the teams fly out right after the game so I don't know if the Flames got a hotel for their Vancouver stay.

Just an interesting observation if anybody knew the answers.

They'll have gotten hotel rooms for the day so guys can nap.

sureLoss
09-26-2015, 03:56 PM
#Flames D Rasmus Andersson on facing the Sedin twins tonight in Vancouver: “I'm just excited to finally play some Swedish legends.”

badradio
09-26-2015, 03:56 PM
Vancouver has 5 Alexs on their roster tonight.

Alexi?

bob-loblaw
09-26-2015, 04:00 PM
Because when a player has to get it done, it's because the teeth have been snapped off and there's significant trauma all over the area

Wes Gilbertson ‏@SUNGilbertson 55m55 minutes ago
#Flames C Bill Arnold needed bone graft — and other dental repairs — after high-stick in Friday's morning skate. Out at least a few days.

Flames_Gimp
09-26-2015, 05:51 PM
going to get spanked! our turn haha

skudr248
09-26-2015, 05:57 PM
I think were going to win actually!

Hey anyone know where a good place to watch the game tonight in Banff?

442scotty
09-26-2015, 06:07 PM
Wes Gilbertson ‏@SUNGilbertson 55m55 minutes ago
#Flames C Bill Arnold needed bone graft — and other dental repairs — after high-stick in Friday's morning skate. Out at least a few days.

This guy cant catch a break lately... Hopefully the keep him around for a few weeks to give him a fair shot at making the team

Calgary4LIfe
09-26-2015, 06:09 PM
Poor Arnold. I thought he was strongly pushing to be a call-up last year and then gets injured, missing his opportunity.

I thought he was showing really well thus far starting from the prospect's tournament, and was making a strong case for himself to be the first call-up after the waiver issues settled down and the Flames could recall him. Feel terrible for the kid. I really do think he has such a mature NHL-ready game, and is physically ready for the NHL.

Will be an interesting game. Let's see how the kids respond to the Sedins putting pressure on them. Let's see how the Sedins respond by having a bunch of eager kids trying to make the NHL swarm them non-stop. Should be a fun game to watch.

goflamesgo18
09-26-2015, 06:12 PM
I think were going to win actually!

Hey anyone know where a good place to watch the game tonight in Banff?

banff ave brewing co and wild bills have great food and good atmosphere

boston pizza is best for watching the game

420since1974
09-26-2015, 06:13 PM

Colborne is a natural LW.
He didn't play Center regularly until his last season in college.
Toronto continued that experiment.
Calgary has played him at all 3 forward positions, though mostly at RW.

getbak
09-26-2015, 07:25 PM
If they're playing the 3-on-3 OT no matter what, there's no way this Leafs-Habs game will be over before the Flames game.

It looks like the whole game will be on SN1.

Vinny01
09-26-2015, 07:25 PM
Reading the Canucks HF thread they really hate their team

Drak
09-26-2015, 07:26 PM

Excellent.

getbak
09-26-2015, 07:27 PM
So, now it's unanimous across every fan base in the League.

Drak
09-26-2015, 07:29 PM
OT but Diaz has two goals tonight on the PP for the Rags.

Flames Homer
09-26-2015, 07:52 PM
I'm just happy this game is televised.

hockey.modern
09-26-2015, 07:57 PM
If they're playing the 3-on-3 OT no matter what, there's no way this Leafs-Habs game will be over before the Flames game.

It looks like the whole game will be on SN1.

We should be good. Probably only miss 5 minutes of the game

Finger Cookin
09-26-2015, 08:01 PM
Flames start on SN1, SNW should pick it up after Habs/Leafs ends

IgnitedSoul
They have it on Sportsnet 1

puckedoff
Is this streamed anywehere or only tv? Gamecenter doesn't do preseason....!

getbak
09-26-2015, 08:03 PM
Okay, we should get the whole game on Sportsnet.

The Leafs are so bad that they scored in OT and still lost the game.

Kaine
09-26-2015, 08:03 PM
Oh the Sedins take a pounding all right...