PDA

View Full Version : Game Story Writing Staff

Bingo
09-25-2015, 02:32 PM
First off thanks to all the hard work volunteers have put forth over the years. Many unique writing styles, all passionate about the sport and the city's hockey team.

With the season just two weeks away it's time to canvas the group for interest in writing for the upcoming season.

Gary has thankfully decided to come back this year, meaning our two writer staff is back in the fold and ready to take up the season, but I'd like to beef up the staff a bit more before th season starts.

We've had as few as just me in the past, and as many as 6 or 7. I think the former is too few, and the latter too many to get into a good flow.

Ideally I'd love to add one or two to the rotation and another couple as a backup source in case things get hairy, which they always do.

So if you've written before and want to come back, or want to give it a shot and have a writing background please let me know.

Enjoy the season everybody!

Cali Panthers Fan
09-25-2015, 06:13 PM
If I can piggy back on this thread:

I was speaking with HalifaxDrunk today, and he is going to be returning with me this season doing the game-day thread writeups. He'll be doing the weekday games and I'll be doing the weekend ones. We would like to have 1-2 guys as back up writers in case one, or both, of us cannot do a particular game. There are just a couple of pre-requisites:

1) You must have been here long enough to have established a posting history (i.e. been an active member for more than a few weeks). Ideally someone who posts at least one post per day of some substance.

2) It would be ideal if your posting history indicated some ability to write more than a couple of paragraphs with adequate grammar and punctuation to make the reading easier on the members.

Other than that, there really aren't any restrictions, and if you feel like you can offer a particular viewpoint or writing style, then have at 'er. Respond in this thread or you can PM me or HD if you'd rather.

p.s. Writing these has been extremely rewarding for me, so I encourage anyone who feels like they could do a decent job to try it.

To Be Quite Honest
09-26-2015, 12:48 AM
If you like tongue and cheek and very different writing I'll do it! ... :D

Kidder
09-26-2015, 01:05 AM
PM sent.

haiku
09-26-2015, 01:14 AM
i will volunteer
each story will be quite short
johnny gaudreau short

DJones
09-26-2015, 02:12 AM
I look forward to the game day threads way to much. It would just be weird to write them.

Props to those that do

Northendzone
09-26-2015, 08:36 AM
Would you be interested in game stories written from the ultra-feminist point of view?

flylock shox
09-26-2015, 08:50 AM
i will volunteer
each story will be quite short
johnny gaudreau short

I would appreciate a post game haiku.

Between the game recap,around the league report, and haiku, all we're missing is a post game cartoon.

Blarg
09-26-2015, 09:26 AM
Oh man, haiku game stories would be so awesome.

CroFlames
09-26-2015, 11:35 AM
Bingo,

Do you have any writing resources? I fancy myself a decent writer, but truth be told, I've never done post game writeups. This year I plan on attending at least several Heat games live, and I'd be willing to offer some insights in the Backburner forum.