PDA

View Full Version : [GDT] Oilers vs Flames (YYC) | 7:00 MST

Pages : [1] 2

hockey.modern
09-21-2015, 11:59 AM
Will add more later, sorry if someone was making one, thought it was time as it was carrying over other threads

Flames lines in Calgary:

Derek Wills ‏@Fan960Wills12m12 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/Fan960Wills/status/645996823094554624)
#Flames (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Flames?src=hash) projected lines vs. #Oilers (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Oilers?src=hash) in Calgary:

Gaudreau-Monahan-Hudler
Raymond-Bennett-Frolik
Ferland-Stajan-Poirier
Bollig-Shore-Smith

Derek Wills ‏@Fan960Wills4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/Fan960Wills/status/645999061984657408)
#Flames (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Flames?src=hash) projected pairings vs. #Oilers (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Oilers?src=hash) in Calgary:

Giordano-Brodie
Wotherspoon-Hamilton
Kulak-Nakladal

Goaltenders: Hiller
Ortio

EDMONTON SQUAD:

Benoit Pouliot-Ryan Nugent-Hopkins-Jordan Eberle
Matt Hendricks-Mark Letestu-Lauri Korpikoski
Anton Slepyshev-Bogdan Yakimov-Rob Klinkhammer
Braden Christoffer-Philip McRae-Jujhar Khaira/Iiro Pakarinen

Oscar Klefbom-Justin Schultz
Griffin Reinhart-Eric Gryba
Darnell Nurse-Joey Laleggia/David Musil

Enoch Root
09-21-2015, 12:11 PM
wish they would switch Bennett and Stajan

it will be interesting to see Wotherspoon - Hamilton

Enoch Root
09-21-2015, 12:12 PM
I am pretty surprised at the strength of the lineup actually...

9 forwards are NHL regulars, and 11 have played in the NHL.

and their top 3 defensemen

pylon
09-21-2015, 12:16 PM
Yay! Airport codes for a hockey game.....

Just needs a hash tag to complete the total new age awesomeness.

GioforPM
09-21-2015, 12:18 PM
I am pretty surprised at the strength of the lineup actually...

9 forwards are NHL regulars, and 11 have played in the NHL.

and their top 3 defensemen

At some point didn't the league mandate a minimum of NHlers for these games? Not sure what it is. It's been cited as a reason for some PTO signings - they are used to meet the requirement and then cut loose.

getbak
09-21-2015, 12:19 PM
Hartley has announced that the goalies will split the time tonight. Hiller and Ortio will both play in Calgary, and both Ramo and McDonald will see action in Edmonton.

Enoch Root
09-21-2015, 12:22 PM
At some point didn't the league mandate a minimum of NHlers for these games? Not sure what it is. It's been cited as a reason for some PTO signings - they are used to meet the requirement and then cut loose.

and that includes vets (100 games I believe?), regulars from last year (30 games last season?) and 1st round draft picks from this summer.

not hard to hit, and even the crap squad they are sending to Edmonton has at least 10

MissTeeks
09-21-2015, 12:22 PM
Kristen Odland ‏@KristenOdlandCH2m2 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/KristenOdlandCH/status/646025989080788992)
Hartley: “Some of those kids are slotted for tonight’s game and then they go back. Unless they decide they don’t want to leave."

Kristen Odland ‏@KristenOdlandCH2m2 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/KristenOdlandCH/status/646026019875393536)
"We have no problem with this. If you can help this hockey club, management will find a way.”

GoJetsGo
09-21-2015, 12:24 PM
Anyone know if they will be carried on the Flames Youtube channel like they did with the Penticton games?

Busy tonight and hoping to watch late at night.

GioforPM
09-21-2015, 12:28 PM

and that includes vets (100 games I believe?), regulars from last year (30 games last season?) and 1st round draft picks from this summer.

not hard to hit, and even the crap squad they are sending to Edmonton has at least 10

Yeah, I just remember the Canucks using the loophole to send a really crappy team to Calgary - their 8 included PTO guys who would never make any team. here's the rule, which you nailed, BTW.

15.4 Exhibition Games.

(c) A Club shall be permitted to dress a minimum of eight (8) veterans for any Exhibition Game. For purposes of this Section 15.4(c), a veteran shall constitute either:

(1) a forward or defenseman who played in thirty (30) NHL Games during the previous season,

(2) a goaltender who either dressed in fifty (50) or more NHL Games or played in thirty (30) or more NHL Games in the previous season,

(3) a first round draft choice from the most recent year's Entry Draft, or

(4) any Player who has played one-hundred (100) or more career NHL Games.

tvp2003
09-21-2015, 12:28 PM
Kristen Odland ‏@KristenOdlandCH2m2 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/KristenOdlandCH/status/646025989080788992)
Hartley: “Some of those kids are slotted for tonight’s game and then they go back. Unless they decide they don’t want to leave."

Kristen Odland ‏@KristenOdlandCH2m2 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/KristenOdlandCH/status/646026019875393536)
"We have no problem with this. If you can help this hockey club, management will find a way.”

Ahhhh. Back to reading pre-game quotes with Bob 'artley's French accent. It's been a long summer...

Cali Panthers Fan
09-21-2015, 12:29 PM

Also: Get off my lawn! :rolleyes:

TKB
09-21-2015, 12:32 PM
Going to the game tonight. Wish I could of had my first glimpse of mcdavid live.

saillias
09-21-2015, 12:33 PM

Pretty clear call-out to Mangiapane, Andersson, Kylington and McDonald IMO. These are the 4 who would most likely be sent down after tonight.

codynw
09-21-2015, 12:37 PM

I'll never understand the airport thing.

Cali Panthers Fan
09-21-2015, 12:43 PM
I'll never understand the airport thing.

I thought your username WAS an airport code.

cod = Yellowstone Regional (city of Cody)

ynw = typo of ylw = Kelowna

:w00t:

Ozy_Flame
09-21-2015, 12:46 PM
Ahhhh. Back to reading pre-game quotes with Bob 'artley's French accent. It's been a long summer...

"Some of doze kids are slotted for donight's game, and den dey go back. Unless dey decide dey don't want do leave."

Five-hole
09-21-2015, 01:03 PM
Yeah, I just remember the Canucks using the loophole to send a really crappy team to Calgary - their 8 included PTO guys who would never make any team. here's the rule, which you nailed, BTW.

15.4 Exhibition Games.

(c) A Club shall be permitted to dress a minimum of eight (8) veterans for any Exhibition Game. For purposes of this Section 15.4(c), a veteran shall constitute either:

(1) a forward or defenseman who played in thirty (30) NHL Games during the previous season,

(2) a goaltender who either dressed in fifty (50) or more NHL Games or played in thirty (30) or more NHL Games in the previous season,

(3) a first round draft choice from the most recent year's Entry Draft, or

(4) any Player who has played one-hundred (100) or more career NHL Games.

The NHL really needs to fire their drafter. What the hell does it mean that they are permitted to dress a minimum? Thanks for permitting me, but I chose not to.

It's like saying I'm permitted to drive less than the speed limit. Yes, I am. But unless I'm not permitted to drive more ...

FBI
09-21-2015, 01:39 PM
Maybe eat bread could pull a Jooris

Coach
09-21-2015, 02:12 PM
Who is "Eat Bread"?

jg13
09-21-2015, 02:15 PM
Who is "Eat Bread"?

Mangiapane

MissTeeks
09-21-2015, 02:19 PM
Morning Skate Report: Flames vs. Oilers

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=779934&navid=DL|CGY|home

Hamilton, acquired in a draft day trade from the Boston Bruins, is hoping that his first skate in a Calgary Flames jersey -- at Scotiabank Saddledome, no less -- is one that will have the 22-year-old starting with a solid first step.

“It’s my first game in a long time,” said Hamilton, who established new career highs in goals (10), assists (32) and points (42) in 72 games with the Bruins in 2014-15. “It’s going to be exciting. To put the jersey on for the first time and play at the ‘Dome and everything it’s going to feel like a real game. For me I’m treating it like that and I’m just trying to get ready and take steps to get ready for the season and hopefully this is a good first step.”

Like Hamilton, Frolik is looking to leave a good first impression on his new franchise.
“It’s going to be exciting,” said Frolik, who is joining the Flames following back-to-back 42-point campaigns with the Winnipeg Jets. “We are home here the first game and hopefully we get some body going, some forecheck and some speed. Obviously the timing is going to be a little off. We’ll just keep it simple and hopefully I have some chemistry with Benny and Raymond and hopefully we have a good game.”

Coach Bob Hartley is trying to bring both along as quickly as possible.
“Frolik, Hamilton, and all the new guys are learning about the Calgary Flames,” he said. “Every team does business in a different way. Hockey is easy, but there’s twists and turns in every system. Right now, we are trying to speed up the way they understand our system. That might dictate how many exhibition games they play.”

That suits Frolik just fine.

“There’s definitely some new stuff here and some new rules in practice,” said the winger. “I think when I get used to it it’s going to be better. The system is a little bit different than when I was in Winnipeg but nothing new – I think I played this kind of system before. I just have to get the old habits back and there is a couple of new things. Hopefully I pick it up quick.”

FIRSTS FOR NAKLADAL

Hamilton and Frolik aren’t the only skaters making their Flames debuts in Calgary.

Monday’s exhibition bought against the Oilers serves as not only his first game in red, black, yellow and white, it also marks the Czech’s first ever game in North America.

“It’s a good felling for me because this is what I need to get an opportunity and a chance,” said the 27-year-old, signed to a one-year, two-way contract with the Flames in the offseason after spending five seasons in the Czech league, another three in the KHL, and a single with TPS Turku of the Finnish league. “I think it’s great for me tonight. It’ll be a special night; it’s my first game. Of course it’s a pre-season game, but I will have a jersey with the Flames logo, so it’s crazy.

“I need to play to my best, of course. I feel great and I enjoy every day here, every practice. The city is beautiful, the organization is great. It’s a really good experience for me and I hope that I do a good job.”
There in lies the challenge with him.

“We want to see their compete level. Classic example, last year it was Josh Jooris (http://flames.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8477591). There’s no secrets. Some of those kids are slotted for tonight’s game and then they go back, unless they decide that they don’t want to leave and we have no problem with that. We’ve proved in the past that if you can help this hockey club, management will find a way.”
-Bob Hartley

combustiblefuel
09-21-2015, 02:21 PM
Who is "Eat Bread"?

Someone didn't watch the youngsters in Penticton;)

ScorchyScorch
09-21-2015, 02:22 PM
Mangiapane, I'm guessing.

in french
Eat = Manger
Bread = Pain

funny.

Roof-Daddy
09-21-2015, 02:24 PM
Italian is more applicable than French in this case.

combustiblefuel
09-21-2015, 02:24 PM

in french
Eat = Manger
Bread = Pain

funny.

Its Italian actually. Pronounced manga -panie

It means " eat bread".

Heres the video

TheDebaser
09-21-2015, 02:26 PM
Who is "Eat Bread"?

Mangiapane is Italien for "Eat Bread."

Gotta wonder about his commitment to fitness if all he's going to do is eat carbs :whistle:

Benched
09-21-2015, 02:30 PM
Who is "Eat Bread"?

Mangipane

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/28/df/df/28dfdf2434406d27e59fd9362cbfd7a0.jpg

Vinny01
09-21-2015, 02:38 PM
Will this live stream on YouTube? I need to know so I can for sure watch on my smartTV

Thanks in advance

combustiblefuel
09-21-2015, 02:39 PM
Will this live stream on YouTube? I need to know so I can for sure watch on my smartTV

Thanks in advance

CalgaryFlames.com I beleive.

Point Blank
09-21-2015, 02:41 PM
Who is "Eat Bread"?

Thomas Chabot actually, because it sounds sort of like Chinese for eat bread (吃饱)

Demaeon
09-21-2015, 02:46 PM
Who is "Eat Bread"?

Monahan, because his toaster broke last week.

calgarybornnraised
09-21-2015, 02:55 PM
Just a heads up for out of towners, these game streams are not available outside of the broadcast region.

Street Pharmacist
09-21-2015, 02:59 PM
Just a heads up for out of towners, these game streams are not available outside of the broadcast region.
Whaaaaaaat????

Cali Panthers Fan
09-21-2015, 03:04 PM

http://media.giphy.com/media/X83Y7r03T6uty/giphy.gif

jaikorven
09-21-2015, 03:07 PM

Damn it...more forcing of the no good Canucks on me. Come on Flames...help a guy out!

Street Pharmacist
09-21-2015, 03:09 PM
I'd there a way around it? I want to use chrome on my phone to stream it on my TV via Chromecast. Is there a plug in or something?

saillias
09-21-2015, 03:09 PM
And Sportsnet is advertising a SJS/Canucks game. Could they have chosen more poorly? Two teams trending down with diminishing local interest.

AcGold
09-21-2015, 03:17 PM
Half our roster is better than a lot of teams full rosters.

ScorchyScorch
09-21-2015, 03:18 PM
Simple solution - open the game streams while running a plugin like AnchorFree which allows for VPN browsing, which can get you around the regional issues. I use it when I want to watch trailers/clips from american based networks that only open it to US viewers. It'll work the same for the games I'm sure.

TheCommodoreAfro
09-21-2015, 03:19 PM

in french
Eat = Manger
Bread = Pain

funny.

Though if you mix that up "Eat Pain" also works.

DoubleF
09-21-2015, 03:20 PM

I'm not affected, but would an extension like Hola work?

combustiblefuel
09-21-2015, 03:22 PM
Simple solution - open the game streams while running a plugin like AnchorFree which allows for VPN browsing, which can get you around the regional issues. I use it when I want to watch trailers/clips from american based networks that only open it to US viewers. It'll work the same for the games I'm sure.
Not quite the same. The block on flamestv will be isolating Calgary specific isp's

Edit : I have dns and vp services which did not work because of the way they isolate veiwers. These services trick the sites in which country your in but dont change city in your geo location on your ip.

With that said a Proxy server will change your city location.

Party Elephant
09-21-2015, 03:26 PM
I'm not affected, but would an extension like Hola work?

It would, but another poster on here cautioned me on using hola just last week so I'll pass that caution on to you:

Info here if you're interested (http://adios-hola.org/)

mdubz
09-21-2015, 03:30 PM
Not quite the same. The block on flamestv will be isolating Calgary specific isp's

Lethbridge IPs have always worked in the past as well.

jar_e
09-21-2015, 03:48 PM
And Sportsnet is advertising a SJS/Canucks game. Could they have chosen more poorly? Two teams trending down with diminishing local interest.

It's the Hockeyville game so I'd presume that's why.

A Shot Wide
09-21-2015, 03:56 PM
That is pretty ridiculous... I mean at least widen it to alberta, why do they assume there aren't fans all around alberta who would love to see this game? Truly a letdown, if anyone has a solution I would really appreciate it.

Street Pharmacist
09-21-2015, 04:01 PM
That is pretty ridiculous... I mean at least widen it to alberta, why do they assume there aren't fans all around alberta who would love to see this game? Truly a letdown, if anyone has a solution I would really appreciate it.
It has nothing to do with assumptions of where fans are. They only have the rights to broadcast within their area. I'm guessing Rogers is the owner of the rights, and the teams are only allowed regional online streaming

DoubleF
09-21-2015, 04:03 PM
It would, but another poster on here cautioned me on using hola just last week so I'll pass that caution on to you:

Info here if you're interested (http://adios-hola.org/)

I forgot about that part. I uninstalled Hola, but for a different reason than your link.

Cali Panthers Fan
09-21-2015, 04:08 PM

I literally know nothing of what you just said. :(

saillias
09-21-2015, 04:17 PM

Hah, same problem.

Explain it to us like we're 5!

ScorchyScorch
09-21-2015, 04:21 PM

Just look up AnchorFree via google, should be able to download it with just a couple clicks, I think it's compatible with all platforms including smartphones. It works to basically trick sites to what geographical region you're surfing from. However, as combustiblefuel pointed out, it may not be effective in this situation, as this will be specific to the calgary region, not just a country location issue. But you can try it.

Street Pharmacist
09-21-2015, 04:24 PM
You download a program or app that makes your traffic go through a different computer elsewhere to make it seem like that's where your computer is.

The trouble is they all let you pick by country, not city. For example, picking US will allow you to watch US Netflix or HBO or whatever. It just picks a server in that country and puts your traffic through it. Picking Canada isn't good enough, we need to appear to be from Southern Alberta specifically.

calgarybornnraised
09-21-2015, 04:39 PM
I don't know if this helps but Sportsnet.ca is going to be streaming the game from Edmonton(all hail McDavid).

Crumpy-Gunt
09-21-2015, 04:45 PM
I feel for the fans outside of Calgary. IP restrictions in these types of situations are lame. As a fan of an English soccer team I can relate, sometimes I can't even watch highlights or radio commentary of some matches because I'm not In the UK. BS

Vulcan
09-21-2015, 04:52 PM
I don't know if this helps but Sportsnet.ca is going to be streaming the game from Edmonton(all hail McDavid).

I think I'll try the Oilers site if the Flames site is blocked.

A Shot Wide
09-21-2015, 04:54 PM
Is it the same restrictions in Edmonton? I'm in Edmonton so I'm assuming I'll be able to stream that game?

Dion
09-21-2015, 04:55 PM
A repeat performance from Johnny would be nice

1c2uBwjorP0

09-21-2015, 05:02 PM
These black out restrictions are dumb. I understand if Rogers is going to show the game and wants you to pay them for it, but if you aren't showing the game, then lift the blackout.

I long for the day when you can directly purchase games directly from the team. I'm sick of paying broadcasters full freight when all I want are Flames games, and of course, don't even get the Flames games if they decide not to show it.

dammage79
09-21-2015, 05:03 PM
I was about to be upset I wouldn't be able to watch either game. Then I checked my place and they have it listed so.... Yay!

FBI
09-21-2015, 05:24 PM
Maybe if it's not televised live it will be archived and we can watch it later?

Vinny01
09-21-2015, 06:00 PM
Does Calgaryflames.con work on PS4 or a smart TV?

YouTube not carrying the game for sure?

Vinny01
09-21-2015, 06:01 PM
Double post

dissentowner
09-21-2015, 06:05 PM
I am an out of town Gamecentre subscriber, will it be streamed off NHL.com?

Chonger
09-21-2015, 06:25 PM
These recordings re watchable in full?

btimbit
09-21-2015, 06:31 PM
These recordings re watchable in full?

They haven't been in the past, but I'd love it if that changed.

TorqueDog
09-21-2015, 06:38 PM
Does the audio only start when the game starts? This is my first time trying to watch the pre-season games via CalgaryFlames.com streaming.

MisterJoji
09-21-2015, 06:39 PM
I'm watching the pregame of the game in Calgary (I'm in Edmonton) on the Flames website and have video but no audio. Anyone else having this issue?

Tbull8
09-21-2015, 06:40 PM
Is there a way to stream these if I'm in Ontario?

psicodude
09-21-2015, 06:43 PM
Streamed here: http://video.flames.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=616&id=835164&lang=en

Audio works for me, but appears it is using flash. I had to do an upgrade to get audio working on Safari.

btimbit
09-21-2015, 06:45 PM
I'm getting "Video not available in your area". but I'm in Calgary....

FFFLife
09-21-2015, 06:46 PM
I'm getting "Video not available in your area". but I'm in Calgary....

Me too :confused:

TopChed
09-21-2015, 06:49 PM
Does Calgaryflames.con work on PS4 or a smart TV?

YouTube not carrying the game for sure?

If you have a Chromecast, or Google TV product, you can stream it to your TV pretty easily. Not sure of another way to do it without hooking up a laptop or something.

StrykerSteve
09-21-2015, 06:54 PM
I'm at the game, quite excited! Bought tickets for a bunch of my employees. Team build ftw!

btimbit
09-21-2015, 06:56 PM
Me too :confused:

Checked HF, people there having the same issue

Tbull8
09-21-2015, 06:57 PM
anyone out of province find a solution yet?

LanceUppercut
09-21-2015, 06:58 PM
Anyone's stream freeze around 5 minutes ago? Multiple devices not going past a bit of Hartley's interview.

MisterJoji
09-21-2015, 06:58 PM
Anyone's stream freeze around 5 minutes ago? Multiple devices not going past a bit of Hartley's interview.

Same here.

psicodude
09-21-2015, 07:01 PM

Yup. same here. Tried multiple browsers and nothing.

skudr248
09-21-2015, 07:02 PM
oilers stream working now

Walter Reed
09-21-2015, 07:03 PM

Nope :confused:

Demaeon
The games are listed in GCL for me in Toronto, but currently says "waiting on feed".

Edit - Looks like it's just ice tracker/boxscores for all of the games

GranteedEV
Oilers feed:

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=780018

Huntingwhale
09-21-2015, 07:04 PM
Stuck watching the pooey oilers stream i guess

dissentowner
The games are listed in GCL for me in Toronto, but currently says "waiting on feed".

Where are you finding that? I can't find it on my GCL.

saillias
Neither Flames nor Oilers stream working, told I'm out of region

N-E-B
Flames website stream is garbage...

mdubz
09-21-2015, 07:05 PM
Working now but with no sound

DrJ
Stuck watching the pooey oilers stream i guess

No sound either :(

Vinny01
Game in Edmonton works fine

Biff
09-21-2015, 07:06 PM
Shawnessy on Shaw is apparently out of region as well. :(

FiveSeven
I'm still getting the not in region and I'm downtown. -_-

Vinny01
Flames is working no sound

GranteedEV
09-21-2015, 07:07 PM
Watching anything OIlers related makes me think it's still 1993 or something.

skudr248
Where MY SOUND!

btimbit
Oilers fans having the same issue, being told it's out of region even if you live in the same city as the game.

Although I did get a chuckle out of "great work Oilers, I hope this isn't any indication of how things are going to go on the ice this year."

Huntingwhale
Looks like its working now

psicodude
09-21-2015, 07:08 PM
Sound just kicked in for me. Just the radio feed I think.

GranteedEV
Still George Canyon eh

Tbull8
I think someone should Skype me and screen share

TheCommodoreAfro
09-21-2015, 07:09 PM
Not getting this at all here in Japan. Trying VPN but seems to be very Geo-Specific.

aznazz
Just look up AnchorFree via google, should be able to download it with just a couple clicks, I think it's compatible with all platforms including smartphones. It works to basically trick sites to what geographical region you're surfing from. However, as combustiblefuel pointed out, it may not be effective in this situation, as this will be specific to the calgary region, not just a country location issue. But you can try it.

Just downloaded AnchorFree, but the free version only allows you to proxy through the US. You can buy the program or get a 1 day trial of the Elite version and select Canada, which just so happens to proxy through Edmonton.

TopChed
Really wish they'd stick to youtube streaming.

btimbit
09-21-2015, 07:10 PM
Still same error

Huntingwhale
09-21-2015, 07:11 PM
Is there a massive delay in sound, or it is just me?

Huntingwhale
09-21-2015, 07:12 PM
It's like a 10 second delay. F sakes

puffnstuff
I got nothing for either game on either website. Im in Calgary. This blows.

dammage79
Yay. hockey

MisterJoji
I love Michael Ferland.

MisterJoji
09-21-2015, 07:13 PM
Distinct kicking motion?

neo45
Good puck movement though

sticktrick
I got nothing for either game on either website. Im in Calgary. This blows.

Same here.

PsYcNeT
09-21-2015, 07:14 PM
Yeah what a distinct kick that was :rolleyes:

MarkGio
Is there a youtube stream for this game?

Huntingwhale
Well the delay is sucking donkey nuts for me. I'm 10 seconds behind in sound. I guess I'm off to the oilers stream, at least their streaming technology isn't an embarrassment.

psicodude
09-21-2015, 07:15 PM
Yeah, it's working but the sound is WAY behind, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

aznazz

AnchorFree Elite - their Canada proxy is in Edmonton. I'm watching on the Flames website from Ho Chi Minh City.

PaperBagger'14
My flames.com stream is working but the dubbed audio from the fan 960 has about a 5 second delay.

calgaryblood
09-21-2015, 07:16 PM
Is this being broadcast with a Motorolla phone?

PsYcNeT
I'm getting ~1 second of audio lag, pausing it for a moment helped.

FERLAND with a massive hit!

Jayems
Ferland just destroyed an Oiler.

Gaskal
Dropping the hammer on Klinkhammer.

PaperBagger'14
Ferland doing Ferland things on Klinkhammer.

neo45
Monahan cross bar

Ferland massive hit

PsYcNeT
09-21-2015, 07:17 PM
The cross bar :(

PsYcNeT
09-21-2015, 07:17 PM
Calgary PK. High sticking by Hamilton.

Double minor.

Biff
09-21-2015, 07:18 PM
Anyone on shaw able to see the streams? So far nothing on shaw for me.

MisterJoji
Reiterate, I love Michael Ferland.

mesaywee
So I have friends attending the University of Alberta. Would I be able to use their library proxy to watch the game?

PsYcNeT
09-21-2015, 07:19 PM

Is it supposed to be on Shaw? The only place I saw it listed was the Flames/Oilers websites.

btimbit

Still nothing for me. Saying it's not available in my region even though I live in Calgary. Lots on HF having the same issue

Demaeon
Where are you finding that? I can't find it on my GCL.

I had to go up to the calender and jump forward to September 2015, as it by default logged in at October 2014.

Mike F
Game in Edmonton works fine
I assume you mean working fine for those in Calgary's region.

Soooo frustrating!!!!

Biff
09-21-2015, 07:20 PM
Clarification: Shaw Internet. Unable to see either stream in Shawnessy from either Flames or Oilers site.

aznazz
09-21-2015, 07:21 PM
So I have friends attending the University of Alberta. Would I be able to use their library proxy to watch the game?

why not?

iLoveLamp
09-21-2015, 07:22 PM
It must be an issue for anyone with Shaw internet. Mine isn't working either.

FFFLife
Clarification: Shaw Internet. Unable to see either stream in Shawnessy from either Flames or Oilers site.

Same for me, In Mackenzie Towne.... so frustrating, been looking forward to this all day !@$@#$!@%$@%@$%

btimbit
Shaw here too. Unbelievably pissed off right now

PsYcNeT
Stream working fine for me on Shaw (Harvest Hills).

Flames killed the PK.

mdubz
09-21-2015, 07:23 PM
Looks like Smith is getting cut after tonight.

Ashasx
09-21-2015, 07:23 PM
I have Shaw, but very low quality stream.

MyFlamesFirst
09-21-2015, 07:24 PM
Shaw not working in lower mount royal area.

dissentowner
I had to go up to the calender and jump forward to September 2015, as it by default logged in at October 2014.

Ya, I tried that too and it stuck on waiting for game feed. Did you get it to work?

neo45
Hate the sound delay. Makes it hard to tell who some players are

mesaywee
09-21-2015, 07:25 PM
MOD EDIT: No illegal links.

calgaryblood
09-21-2015, 07:26 PM
Why do the Flames always manage to screw things up? I get it's pre-season but don't they test these things out before going LIVE? The sound delay has been an issue for years.

PsYcNeT
I wonder what the deali-o is with the stream for everyone. It's mediocre quality, but FlamesTV only transmits at 480/15 frames, so it's not a huge shock.\

Another Flames penalty to Ferland for hooking I believe.

btimbit

Vinny01
09-21-2015, 07:27 PM
The stream in Edmonton is far better picture and the sound is lined up perfectly. Horrible picture and sound delay on the Calgary stream. Embarrassing

puffnstuff
Have heard its not just shaw customers, telus people cant get the games either.

Someone call KK right now!

PaperBagger'14
"This PK is brought to you by GSL Chevrolet, aka CalgaryNEXT".

Demaeon
09-21-2015, 07:28 PM
Ya, I tried that too and it stuck on waiting for game feed. Did you get it to work?

No, I'm just listening to the radio feed. Better than nothing.

hockey.modern
09-21-2015, 07:28 PM
Just got back home, anything notable so far?

EldrickOnIce
09-21-2015, 07:29 PM
nope

neo45
Hiller looking really good

MisterJoji
Hiller looks real good.

FiveSeven
Can't watch stream through Edmonton or Calgary... looking forward to this all day. WTF! Just remove the bloody region lock and don't cry about bandwidth.

PsYcNeT
The stream in Edmonton is far better picture and the sound is lined up perfectly. Horrible picture and sound delay on the Calgary stream. Embarrassing

Just tried, seconding this. Higher frame count too.

mesaywee
MOD EDIT: Please do not discuss illegal links. Drop it.

mdubz

Flames had a goal disallowed. Monahan hit the crossbar.

PaperBagger'14

Monahan crossbar, Gio goal called back for "kicking motion", Oilers PP looks softer than puppy crap.

dammage79
09-21-2015, 07:30 PM
Hillers looking solid and stable so far. Nakladal defensively sound. Making a difference on the PK.

calgaryblood

Been an issue for years. Do they not care?

btimbit
Flames stream is working now

TBone290
I like Hiller's pads, but he needs a better design on that mask

hockey.modern
Thanks everyone :)

Biff
shawnessy shaw internet now working for Calgary Flames stream

Walter Reed
09-21-2015, 07:31 PM

Thanks !!!!
I've got both games playing from this site!

dammage79
09-21-2015, 07:31 PM
Ramo lets in a squeaker in the other game from the dumpster fire up north.

neo45
09-21-2015, 07:33 PM
Powerplay

dammage79
09-21-2015, 07:34 PM
Kylington Scores! 1-1 in edm.

btimbit
09-21-2015, 07:34 PM
Ramo lets in a squeaker in the other game from the dumpster fire up north.

Kylington ties it

Believer
09-21-2015, 07:35 PM
MOD EDIT: Please do not discuss illegal links.

JoelOtto29
09-21-2015, 07:35 PM
the stream on the flames site just started inexplicably working for me :blink:

btimbit
09-21-2015, 07:37 PM
And Raymond enters the zone and falls down. Some things don't change

puffnstuff
09-21-2015, 07:38 PM
Mine started to work. Checked the Flames twitter and lots of folks complaining. Flames answered one guy and asked him to refresh and see if it worked now. So I did. Works now.

Looks like the Flames had a location setting wrong somewhere and they fixed it.

MisterJoji
09-21-2015, 07:39 PM
Schultz a -56. Priceless.

skudr248
09-21-2015, 07:40 PM
Raymond needs to go

mesaywee
I'm in Vancouver and the Flames website just started working for me. I think they gave into the complaints.

AC
Hamilton going for headshots on the PP, nice.

useyourhead
09-21-2015, 07:41 PM
the stream on the flames site just started inexplicably working for me :blink:

Me Too!!!:D
Go Flames Go...and the Jays - you win too

The Swedish Flame
Nice shot by Dougie.

paulf7
im in Toronto and it is working for me on the flames site now

bob-loblaw
I'm liking Dougie. First shot takes Scrivens mask off.

hockey.modern
How long is the intermission? Gotta catch up on what I missed

skudr248
09-21-2015, 07:43 PM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/7aXuCaGHOmc/hqdefault.jpg

YOU CAN DO IT!!! CUT HIS ####ING HEAD OFF!

KootenayFlamesFan
09-21-2015, 07:44 PM
Guys and gals...............

Please do not link to illegal links/sites or discuss them. We've already deleted some posts.

Don't discuss it, no links. Let other sites discuss it, not here.

Thanks.

topfiverecords
09-21-2015, 07:45 PM
That region restriction thing happened in pre-season last year too. You'd think they'd do a bit better job with this stuff by 2015.

FBI
09-21-2015, 07:46 PM
Looks like flames stream starting to work for me here in seattle yay!

Igster
09-21-2015, 07:48 PM
Can't believe how bad the Flames broadcast is compared to the Oilers one. Pretty bush league guys. Cmon.

btimbit
09-21-2015, 07:50 PM
Anyone else's stream crap out for the intermission?

Hope that means they're working on making it decent for the 2nd period

cgy2london
09-21-2015, 07:50 PM
Can't believe how bad the Flames broadcast is compared to the Oilers one. Pretty bush league guys. Cmon.

Former long time CSEC employee. Not. Surprised. One. Bit. :bag:

hockey.modern
09-21-2015, 07:51 PM
Anyone else's stream crap our for the intermission?

Yeah. Won't go live. It just goes to the part where they interview Nakladal

Igster
Yup. Audio off sync all period and the intermission crapped out. Brutal.

neo45
Ya my yyc feed is gone but yeg is still going

Biff

Hope that means they're working on making it decent for the 2nd period

yes. mine locks up partway through Nakladal interview.

jaydub74
I'm in YYC and my feed dropped during intermission.
Is it working for others

btimbit
Yup. Audio off sync all period and the intermission crapped out. Brutal.

Hopefully they just took it down to fix the audio issues

Since1984
09-21-2015, 07:52 PM
yes. mine locks up partway through Nakladal interview.

Exactly the same thing happened to me.

BlackArcher101
Figures, stream starts working for some and stops working for me :/

Igster
Hopefully they just took it down to fix the audio issues
Let's hope. That was bad. This isn't rocket science either.

pgsieve
09-21-2015, 07:53 PM
Isn't there another section called "What Channel is the game on?" Enough with the posts about your stream working/not working. I'm in India and just want to hear about the game!

Rejean31
09-21-2015, 07:53 PM
Yep, the Flames stream just keeps going to Derek and Pete talking about Safeway and then it dies.

Igster
09-21-2015, 07:54 PM
Isn't there another section called "What Channel is the game on?" Enough with the posts about your stream working/not working. I'm in India and just want to hear about the game!
No. The game is going on and this is all part of it.

btimbit
Mine started to work. Checked the Flames twitter and lots of folks complaining. Flames answered one guy and asked him to refresh and see if it worked now. So I did. Works now.

Looks like the Flames had a location setting wrong somewhere and they fixed it.

I think I was that guy they replied too. My phone won't stop going off with people re-tweeting and favouriting the Flames' reply. I feel special

Coach

Is the Indian stream working?

aznazz
09-21-2015, 07:55 PM
Yep, the Flames stream just keeps going to Derek and Pete talking about Safeway and then it dies.

Same with the Edmonton stream

cgy2london
09-21-2015, 07:56 PM
Oilers showing first period highlights now.

A Shot Wide
09-21-2015, 07:57 PM
flames are an absolute joke when it comes to streaming.

FBI
This is an embarrassment. Get your sh** together flames. Game better be archived and all nice after this sh#% show.

hockey.modern
Looks like it's back

cgy2london
09-21-2015, 07:58 PM
Oilers.com back and working only about 150000000000X better than flames.com

BlackArcher101
Appears to be back.... will it stay or will it go?

btimbit
Let's hope. That was bad. This isn't rocket science either.

It's back and seems much better so far

jg13
09-21-2015, 07:59 PM
Ferland starting with 13-23 on the PP in the second

HotHotHeat
09-21-2015, 08:00 PM
Considering that technology is at a point where you can live broadcast to the world from a cell phone, the Flames really need to be embarrassed about this.

btimbit

aaannnnnddd it died

hockey.modern
Come on...

Passe La Puck

Down again for me, is it still working for others?

btimbit
09-21-2015, 08:01 PM
Back for a second then the sound got choppy and it died again

mdubz
09-21-2015, 08:02 PM
Well, this stream is garbage

hockey.modern
Go watch the link from oilers website, working fine

Edit: just when I said it, the stream crashes...

codynw
What year is this?

BlackArcher101
09-21-2015, 08:03 PM
:mad:

Seriously, get with the times and invest in gear.

Cali Panthers Fan
Oy. Guvalt. So I get to watch all of 45 seconds of the game before the stream craps out again?

Thanks calgaryflames.com....for absolutely nothing.

cgy2london
Throwing in the towel.

You win again Flames. You completely cheaped out beyond belief when it came to basic technology.

Guess ill watch the B team in Edmonton.

mdubz
I'm getting the first minute of the period, then it freezes. If I reload, I get the exact same thing again.

Passe La Puck
Flames' servers must still be on Cadvision 28K!

btimbit
Well I look forward to maybe being able to watch the highlights. I only looked forward to this night for the least week, no big deal

indes
09-21-2015, 08:04 PM
What a joke this is

psicodude
Go watch the link from oilers website, working fine

Edit: just when I said it, the stream crashes...

Isn't it the exact same feed? Like, the same link?

Just saw your edit. :)

btimbit
Throwing in the towel.

You win again Flames. You completely cheaped out beyond belief when it came to basic technology.

Guess ill watch the B team in Edmonton.

Still told I'm region locked from that one

skudr248
09-21-2015, 08:05 PM
Da #### is this!

Crumpy-Gunt
Jesus Christ

SebC
Everyone stuck at 19:19?

Huntingwhale
Wow horrible stream. 30 seconds of play, 10 second lag, and then pauses to ''buffer''. What a joke.

Oilers steam is clean as a whistle. Embarrassing.

If the Flames don't make the playoffs, I'm blaming the streaming team.

Rejean31
They should just stream their games on their youtube channel. The games from Penticton were great. None of this crap!!

JurassicTunga12
09-21-2015, 08:06 PM
At least we get to watch Hamilton skate back for the puck over and over again.

TopChed
Considering that technology is at a point where you can live broadcast to the world from a cell phone, the Flames really need to be embarrassed about this.

True.

Anybody at the game wanna periscope this?

psicodude
It's just playing the first minute of the second period, over and over for me. Well, before it locks up, of course. #fail

TopChed
Everyone stuck at 19:19?

Yep

cgy2london
09-21-2015, 08:07 PM
Still told I'm region locked from that one

Not sure what to tell you. Im watching it from Killarney.

Stream is great, audio is in sync. Its like watching a regular game. Not sure why in 2015 CSEC can't figure this concept out.

Point Blank
How is it possible for the streaming to consistently suck like this all the time?!

AcGold
facepalm at this edmonton commercial, are you kidding me with this

dammage79
In the mean time. I'm really liking Andersson and Wilson as a pairing. Both patient and smart with the puck.

Point Blank
09-21-2015, 08:08 PM
Oh my gosh now I have to see Hall's face in the brutal Oilers montage for Team B stream, this is killing me

GranteedEV
What year is this?

1999 and you are watching a .rm file.

btimbit
Game in Edmonton is working for me now

facepalm at this edmonton commercial, are you kidding me with this

"Orange is the new BLue" LMFAO

The thrilling sequel to Oil Change?

What a joke

Igster
That Oilers promo sucks as bad as the Flames streaming abilities.

codynw
09-21-2015, 08:09 PM
The game in Edmonton has a great quality stream. It's a weaker roster, but it's something.