PDA

View Full Version : [News] Flames cut Bell, Fram, Proulx, Soustal and Roy

sureLoss
09-17-2015, 12:56 PM
Pat Steinberg @Fan960Steinberg
#Flames have returned Jason Bell, Jason Fram, Julien Proulx, and Tomas Soustal to their junior teams. Also released Eric Roy from his ATO.

neo45
09-17-2015, 12:57 PM
So Lomberg and Bailie are sticking around for main camp? I agree they played well

Pliddy
09-17-2015, 01:02 PM
I read (more than a few times) that Roy should be converted to a forward, if he wanted to progress. I wonder if that was ever seriously discussed either by Brandon or the Flames

sureLoss
09-17-2015, 01:10 PM
unsigned (to NHL or AHL deals or Flames did not draft) rookie camp players continuing on:

Baillie
Burke
Marchment
Schneider

Marcotte and Lomberg have AHL deals with Stockton

RyZ
09-17-2015, 01:15 PM
So Lomberg and Bailie are sticking around for main camp? I agree they played well

And Marchment as well.

Enoch Root
09-17-2015, 01:21 PM
wasn't impressed with Bell, Fram or Roy, so... good

saillias
09-17-2015, 01:21 PM
I thought Proulx would get more of a shot. The other 4 no surprise.

09-17-2015, 01:30 PM
I thought Proulx would get more of a shot. The other 4 no surprise.

He's still young and needs junior experience, he's played less than 100 junior games. I thought he skated pretty well for an enforcer. Flames probably just wanted to establish a relationship with him in case he develops in junior. Probably also wanted an extra enforcer in case the youngstars games got rough.

Funny he scored as many goals in the youngstars tourney as he had last season in the Q.

Serapth
09-17-2015, 01:45 PM
Query: ATO?

sureLoss
09-17-2015, 01:45 PM
Query: ATO?

Amateur try out

Serapth
09-17-2015, 01:48 PM
Amateur try out

Ah cheers... I guess I should have been able to extrapolate that from PTO eh?

thymebalm
09-17-2015, 02:19 PM
Roy cut himself based on what I read of his performance at the prospects tourney.

Time to turn that page and not look back.

Fram seemed like he had something last year, but didn't get any love this time around.

Anyone have any updates from today or does the camp news really start tomorrow?

devo22
09-17-2015, 02:22 PM
sorry if this has been answered already, but they could potentially sign Baillie to an AHL deal since he's completed 4 years of WHL, right?

hurtin_albertan
09-17-2015, 02:41 PM
Roy cut himself based on what I read of his performance at the prospects tourney.

Time to turn that page and not look back.

Fram seemed like he had something last year, but didn't get any love this time around.

Yeah I saw a gif of him "backchecking" on a 2 on 0 rush against the Canucks where he had the old Ovechkin player disconnected thing going on...

getbak
09-17-2015, 02:42 PM
Today was just fitness testing and getting their pictures taken and doing some promotional stuff. The first on-ice session is at 9:00am tomorrow.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPIeCUQVAAAZ0L9.jpg

dammage79
09-17-2015, 02:45 PM
Fram didn't improve on last years performance IMO. In fact I feel from what I watched he regressed a little bit. Perhaps the added depth on D put him out of the extra minutes to get some momentum.

sureLoss
09-17-2015, 03:39 PM
sorry if this has been answered already, but they could potentially sign Baillie to an AHL deal since he's completed 4 years of WHL, right?

My understanding is no. Unless his WHL team releases him (and that would require all WHL teams passing on him on waivers), he cannot go and sign an AHL deal.

Different story if the Flames sign him to an ELC though.

edit: because Baillie is an overager in WHL terms, he can sign an AHL deal. I was under the impression he would still be considered 19 for this upcoming season.

Caged Great
09-17-2015, 04:06 PM
Not surprised by any of those moves. None of them stood out. You need to show something to make an impact.

Vulcan
09-17-2015, 04:55 PM
My understanding is no. Unless his WHL team releases him (and that would require all WHL teams passing on him on waivers), he cannot go and sign an AHL deal.

Different story if the Flames sign him to an ELC though.

I think he can sign an AHL contract since he'll be an overager this season in the WHL.

sureLoss
09-17-2015, 05:08 PM
I think he can sign an AHL contract since he'll be an overager this season in the WHL.

Quite right. I was under the impression that he was not going to be an overage player.

But since he is, then he is free to sign an AHL deal.

3rd line Grinder
09-17-2015, 05:48 PM
suprised by proulx. Thought he had a pretty good game against U of C yesterday