PDA

View Full Version : Huberdeau an offer sheet target?

dash_pinched
09-15-2015, 01:18 PM
Bob McKenzie ✔ @TSNBobMcKenzie (https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie) FLA has given RFA Jonathan Huberdeau what it is terming its best offer on 2 year bridge deal. Huberdeau is still mulling it over.

Bob McKenzie ✔ @TSNBobMcKenzie (https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie)
A couple of teams have been kicking tires on Huberdeau offer sheet but it remains to be seen whether any are bold enough to take the plunge.

dammage79
09-15-2015, 01:19 PM
Going to cost a pretty penny in draft picks to pry him out of FLA. Is he worth close to what we gave up for Hamilton? Less? I feel like Tallon would match anything under the 5.75m a year.

Vinny01
09-15-2015, 01:20 PM
I wonder who is considering the offer sheet? Vancouver needs a player like this in their lineup. Anaheim can afford it but not sure they would do it. The Devils need a good young forward.

neo45
09-15-2015, 01:25 PM
Florida is one of those teams that you really aren't going to fear making an enemy out of with an offer sheet

Locke
09-15-2015, 01:33 PM
Going to cost a pretty penny in draft picks to pry him out of FLA. Is he worth close to what we gave up for Hamilton? Less? I feel like Tallon would match anything under the 5.75m a year.

I mean, I know hes only 22, but his absolute best has been 54 points.

And people think we overpaid for Frolik...

DownhillGoat
09-15-2015, 01:40 PM
Going to cost a pretty penny in draft picks to pry him out of FLA.
I thought it was a set number of picks on an offer sheet?

Locke
09-15-2015, 01:42 PM

Depending on the dollars, yeah. The more you offer the more/better picks you give up.

So if Edmonton offer-sheets him and theres one or two first rounders in there you take that and walk away laughing all day.

dammage79
09-15-2015, 01:42 PM

It's tiered. Like this:

Craig Button ‏@CraigJButton 50m50 minutes ago
1. Follow up to @TSNBobMcKenzie & Huberdeau Re: Offer Sheets This is offer & what compensation would be. $1,205,377 or below None.

Craig Button ‏@CraigJButton 49m49 minutes ago
2. Over $1,205,377 to $1,826,328 3rd, Over $1,826,328 to $3,652,659 2nd, Over $3,652,659 to $5,478,986 1st & 3rd. (Cont.)

Craig Button ‏@CraigJButton 47m47 minutes ago
3. Over $5,478,986 to $7,305,316 1st, 2nd & 3rd, Over $7,305,316 to $9,131,645 Two 1st, 2nd & 3rd, Over $9,131,645 Four 1st round picks.

foshizzle11
09-15-2015, 01:48 PM
So then offer him like 3.7 mill for 2 years. He has to be better than most 1st rounders that you could get.

dammage79
09-15-2015, 01:51 PM
I've been on a #2 LW kick for a week now an this guy would be n optimal acquisition. If you treat dealing another 1st round pick with the same thinking as to why you spend one on Dougie Hamilton, this is a no brainer.

I just can't see Tallon letting this guy go for fair market value. He's gonna want more.

bax
09-15-2015, 01:55 PM
If it only costed us a 1st and a third could it be seen a younger, long term replacement for hudler?

SuperMatt18
09-15-2015, 01:57 PM
Worth a 1st, 2nd, 3rd IMO

Surprised a team hasn't moved on it yet.

Locke
09-15-2015, 01:59 PM
Worth a 1st, 2nd, 3rd IMO

Surprised a team hasn't moved on it yet.

Maybe the internal price is already higher?

neo45
09-15-2015, 02:02 PM
A two year deal at 5.4 would probably really piss Flordia off at the very least

Hackey
09-15-2015, 02:09 PM
So then offer him like 3.7 mill for 2 years. He has to be better than most 1st rounders that you could get.

He still has to be willing to sign the offer and I'm sure Florida has already offered something better than that. If not pretty sure they wouldn't mind matching that. Any chance to land him I think you gotta be offering minimum 5+.

ScorchyScorch
09-15-2015, 02:12 PM
Since we've fast tracked our rebuild in the past year with the breakout of our kids and acquisition of Hamilton, I'd say why not? We should be looking at moves that can impact us within two 2 seasons, as I think our window to compete may truly open after this year. Our 1st rounder in the upcoming draft wouldn't be high anyways.

Huberdeau is forward (lite) version of acquiring a Dougie. Is an established player already, yet still very young with potential.

Make a 2 x 5.5mil offer

Look at trading Raymond/Wideman to recuperate picks at the deadline.

Serapth
09-15-2015, 02:20 PM
Since we've fast tracked our rebuild in the past year with the breakout of our kids and acquisition of Hamilton, I'd say why not? We should be looking at moves that can impact us within two 2 seasons, as I think our window to compete may truly open after this year. Our 1st rounder in the upcoming draft wouldn't be high anyways.

Huberdeau is forward (lite) version of acquiring a Dougie. Is an established player already, yet still very young with potential.

Make a 2 x 5.5mil offer

As someone who pays very little attention to minor hockey, what's the draft crop like for the next couple years? I know this year was the mother load, but is next a deep draft, or just a few shining stars?

Locke
09-15-2015, 02:22 PM

Make a 2 x 5.5mil offer

Raymond gets you nothing and Wideman is better if we keep him, his return would be....disappointing.

Hackey
09-15-2015, 02:33 PM
Wideman probably be easier to deal once he has a year remaining on his deal.

burnitdown
09-15-2015, 02:38 PM

So is your point that he was able to do quite a bit better in his 2.5 seasons than Frolik was ever able to do in his career? Huberdeau has huge potential and people are suggesting paying him a big contract to steal him away cause he's a potential first line stud. This isn't the time to try and justify the Frolik contract as they're not at all comparable.

Yanda
09-15-2015, 02:42 PM
Id be concerned about being able to retain our own prospects if we tried to bring him in.

SuperMatt18
09-15-2015, 02:43 PM
Maybe the internal price is already higher?

Doubt Huberdeau is already asking for over $7.3.

My guess is he is looking for one of those fancy $6 million deals like all those young Oilers have.

Locke
09-15-2015, 02:44 PM
Doubt Huberdeau is already asking for over $7.3.

My guess is he is looking for one of those fancy $6 million deals like all those young Oilers have.

I must be missing it today because that seems insane.

TurdFerguson
09-15-2015, 02:46 PM
I'd bring him in just to hear Hartley say his name every day. "Uber-do"

Parallex
09-15-2015, 04:20 PM
I'd trade a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for Huberdeau if I had the cap space to accomadate it so an offer sheet ought to be a real possibility. I think I'd do it if I were Winnipeg or some other team that had the combination of cap space, high upside prospect pool, and current competativeness (so that the pick comp wouldn't be onerous).

Cali Panthers Fan
09-15-2015, 05:16 PM
I hate everything in this thread. :(

Why can't the rest of the teams leave Florida alone on this one? It's hard enough to build a winning team in South Florida with a self-imposed cap without offer sheets stealing the best young players and biggest ticket draws. I know it sounds like whining, but I really wish the other teams would just let this one be. Florida really needs a player like Huberdeau to stay and develop into a star just so fans have a reason to go to a game beyond the hope for playoffs. It would help maintain some viability for the franchise.

saillias
09-15-2015, 05:54 PM

Why can't the rest of the teams leave Florida alone on this one? It's hard enough to build a winning team in South Florida with a self-imposed cap without offer sheets stealing the best young players and biggest ticket draws. I know it sounds like whining, but I really wish the other teams would just let this one be. Florida really needs a player like Huberdeau to stay and develop into a star just so fans have a reason to go to a game beyond the hope for playoffs. It would help maintain some viability for the franchise.

I think they need a new GM to make the next step. But in a non-hockey market there is little pressure there to replace someone. Sorta like how Jim Rutherford lasted forever in Carolina before their owner was like "hey wait a minute this guys sucks"

Cali Panthers Fan
09-15-2015, 06:02 PM
I think they need a new GM to make the next step. But in a non-hockey market there is little pressure there to replace someone. Sorta like how Jim Rutherford lasted forever in Carolina before their owner was like "hey wait a minute this guys sucks"

Not sure I agree with this. Dale Tallon took over in 2010 after an eternity of losing and not getting any better. He quickly started trading away guys like Horton and promptly fired Pete DeBoer. They've been building through the draft, and only last year were they starting to get somewhere with that process. Huberdeau was one of the key guys in the rebuild, along with Barkov and now Bjugstad, and losing him to an offer sheet would cut that rebuild off at the knees.

It would honestly be like someone offer sheeting Sean Monahan. How pissed off would you be?

Hackey
09-15-2015, 06:11 PM
Ya I think Tallon has done a pretty good job and the team is finally starting to turn things around. Have a lot of quality young guys down there.

Rick M.
09-15-2015, 06:18 PM
Not sure I agree with this. Dale Tallon took over in 2010 after an eternity of losing and not getting any better. He quickly started trading away guys like Horton and promptly fired Pete DeBoer. They've been building through the draft, and only last year were they starting to get somewhere with that process. Huberdeau was one of the key guys in the rebuild, along with Barkov and now Bjugstad, and losing him to an offer sheet would cut that rebuild off at the knees.

It would honestly be like someone offer sheeting Sean Monahan. How pissed off would you be?

I don't like offer sheets either. If we want him, we should trade for him.

saillias
09-15-2015, 06:25 PM

I have no opinion of an offer-sheet one way or the other, but the longer he goes unsigned the more realistic it becomes. Yeah I know Tallon's trades and his tenure there and I think if he was analyzed under a microscope like a Canadian GM he would be gone after the 2014 season. I can't think of a single year in the Panthers existence where they weren't an emerging young team just on the cusp of making the playoffs. Well obviously besides a few one and done years. They've been drafting top 5, top 10 forever.

spuzzum
09-15-2015, 06:32 PM
Hockey is a business and people are employed. If someone is willing to give you more money and that's ultimately what you want, go for it.

I'd love to play hockey in Florida. Tropical paradise and make millions where a 3500 Sq ft house costs 150k.

kyuss275
09-15-2015, 06:32 PM
offer sheets are a waste of time and should but taken out of the CBA. The only thing i see offer sheets doing is giving posters on NHL sites a chance to talk about something.

Jay Random
09-15-2015, 06:36 PM
offer sheets are a waste of time and should but taken out of the CBA. The only thing i see offer sheets doing is giving posters on NHL sites a chance to talk about something.

And, you know, getting the Bruins to trade Hamilton to Calgary, because they couldn't sign him and were afraid he was going to get offer-sheeted. I agree, total waste of time, should never have happened.

Cali Panthers Fan
09-15-2015, 06:38 PM
I have no opinion of an offer-sheet one way or the other, but the longer he goes unsigned the more realistic it becomes. Yeah I know Tallon's trades and his tenure there and I think if he was analyzed under a microscope like a Canadian GM he would be gone after the 2014 season. I can't think of a single year in the Panthers existence where they weren't an emerging young team just on the cusp of making the playoffs.

Why would he be gone then? Ownership has only recently had any significant interest in icing a competitive product. Before the Violas, they had someone who only wanted them as an asset on their financial ledger, and treated the team with a certain amount of disdain and neglect. Tallon was in a no-win situation before a couple years ago.

The Violas have committed to giving enough money to make a competitive team (more than just the cap floor amount) and Tallon has had permission to go out and pick up quality players as free agents or in trades (think back to last off-season for an example of him filling the roster with players who could make a difference).

And yes, the Panthers have been building for a while, but they had inept management, development, and drafting prior to Tallon's arrival. Only since he's come on board has there been a clear direction and plan to build a competitive franchise. It's starting to really come together, and not in some "pie-in-the-sky" kind of way.

And one final point. If you're a hockey fan you should be supportive of all teams having a certain run of success. If there are franchises in trouble, it effects the entire league and the health of the game. It's not beyond the realm of possibilities for the Panthers being a good draw the way the Lightning, Kings, or Sharks have become in areas that were previously thought to be hockey graveyards. Want a bigger cap instead of a stagnant or declining one? Want the NHL to have a major television deal in the U.S.? Then hope for teams like the Panthers to have their own cycle of success and build a regular fanbase again.

Oling_Roachinen
09-15-2015, 10:07 PM

He reached 54 points as a 21 year old, outscoring the next top scorer on his team by 10 points. He put up 20 more points than his near-rookie center (Barkov) and his other linemate, Boyes, is currently on a PTO because he wasn't good enough to earn a contract out-right. The Panthers powerplay wasn't very good so most of Huberdeau's points were even strength. He didn't get sheltered minutes as you'll recall him going up almost exclusively against the Gaudreau-Monahan-Hudler line the last game they played. Yet he still finished +10 on a minus team.

With Jagr he put up over a point-per-game for the last 20 games of the season. Probably more indicative of his abilities when he isn't completely carrying a line with deadspace like Boyes on the other wing.

Frolik really shouldn't be mentioned in the conversation when talking about someone like Huberdeau. Not when the Flames far closer comparables are Monahan and Gaudreau.

SebC
09-16-2015, 12:34 AM

Why can't the rest of the teams leave Florida alone on this one? It's hard enough to build a winning team in South Florida with a self-imposed cap without offer sheets stealing the best young players and biggest ticket draws. I know it sounds like whining, but I really wish the other teams would just let this one be. Florida really needs a player like Huberdeau to stay and develop into a star just so fans have a reason to go to a game beyond the hope for playoffs. It would help maintain some viability for the franchise.https://i.imgflip.com/r4fix.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/r4fix)

via Imgflip Meme Maker (https://imgflip.com/memegenerator)

Caged Great
09-16-2015, 01:20 AM
As someone who pays very little attention to minor hockey, what's the draft crop like for the next couple years? I know this year was the mother load, but is next a deep draft, or just a few shining stars?

This draft is not as good as the 2015 class. It's more like the 14' draft give or take.

Caged Great
09-16-2015, 01:27 AM
For me, I would trade our 1st + Poirier + Granlund + Smid to the Panthers for Huberdeau.

The Flames get the best player in the deal, the Panthers get 2 guys that have top 6 upside that are ready for the NHL right now, and a 1st round pick. Smid is only included to keep under the cap. You could swap him for Raymond instead if necessary.

Tinordi
09-16-2015, 03:04 AM
The economics have changed. The best players are becoming the highest paid. The old economics of paying through the teeth for a past-the prime guy are over. Now teams are paying for guys that are entering their primes. This shouldn't really impact Florida. They just need to reallocate their spending on their youth instead the veterans. Every team is doing this. See Tarasenko vs. Glencross.

Poe969
09-16-2015, 06:35 AM
I'm willing to bet that if there's a chance to get Uber-do BT is exploring it to the fullest extent. I think he'd be a great top 6 for us now and probably a top 3 moving forward. I'd want to explore what they'd want the Flames to give up for him in a trade before an offer sheet. I also wonder what he's asking for in terms of a contract. BT made it sound like trades to make cap space are available so I don't think that's really a problem he's worried about. I think he's waiting to see how camp goes and if any prospects prove they deserve a shot on the team first.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that if a prospect doesn't jump into the top 6 then BT will make a move to get either Uber-do or Nelson.

Erick Estrada
09-16-2015, 07:20 AM

Dale Tallon is a great GM if you want your team to pick top 5 annually in hopes that you hit enough picks to turn things around. Sure he got things rolling in Chicago but that's because he made them bad enough to accumulate key top 5 picks and once they got good his incompetency showed and he got demoted/fired. He tried his hardest to trade away his 1st round pick in 2014 and dodged a bullet nobody bit because Ekblad is better than any return he could have fetched. I just don't see the skill and genius in having guys like Ekblad, Barkov, and Huberdeau fall in your lap because your team stinks. IMO he's the right guy for the Panthers because nobody cares out there so they can just keep losing until they accumulate enough talent to break out to which Tallon will no longer be useful as he's from the Oilers school of being good at being bad.

Vinny01
09-16-2015, 07:37 AM
I think Huberdeau would be a fantastic add to the Flames. A second line of Huberdeau-Bennett-Frolik would be awesome. I just don't see the Flames having the right assets or cap space to make it work.

Poe969
09-16-2015, 07:44 AM
Jones makes 4, Raymond makes 3.15, Smid makes 3.5, Ramo makes 3.8, Hiller makes 4.5. Those are all guys who I think could be traded and not make a huge impact on the team (one of the goalies, not both). If even one of those guys would be packaged in a deal to get Huberdeau, we'd likely have the cap space for him.

JonDuke
09-16-2015, 07:44 AM
I think Huberdeau would be a fantastic add to the Flames. A second line of Huberdeau-Bennett-Frolik would be awesome. I just don't see the Flames having the right assets or cap space to make it work.

I like Gaudreau as much as the next person, but **IF** we ever landed Huberdeau, I'd like to think he'd rock the 1st line with Monahan-Hudler.

Da_Chief
09-16-2015, 07:49 AM
Florida is such a garbage franchise. Move them already. Have wasted/ruined so many top draft picks.

ricardodw
09-16-2015, 08:16 AM
Florida is such a garbage franchise. Move them already. Have wasted/ruined so many top draft picks.

Wiess, Bouwmeester,Olesz, Horton, top 10 Florida draft picks that messed up other teams cap wise with big contracts..

Will Frolik avoid the curse?

Saqe
09-16-2015, 08:17 AM
Dale Tallon is a great GM if you want your team to pick top 5 annually in hopes that you hit enough picks to turn things around. Sure he got things rolling in Chicago but that's because he made them bad enough to accumulate key top 5 picks and once they got good his incompetency showed and he got demoted/fired. .

I don't know if you are on a personal vendetta against Tallon but this part is just nonsense.

Tallon took over in Chicago in 2005 after the Blackhawks had been terrible for almost a decade. By year four they were in the playoffs (lost in the conference finals) and the next year they were the SC champs. He built the core that made Chicago the perennial contender they are today.

When he took over in Florida in 2010 the Panthers had been a perennial loser since their existence. He had nothing to work with, their prospect pool was zero. They made the playoffs on his second year with mercenaries like Fleichmann and Versteeg but it wasn't sustainable and only last year their own prospects and drafting started coming into fruition. It's hard not to see them competing for the playoffs for the foreseeable future.

He has been handed keys to two different organizations that were completely crap and he turned them around. Whether Florida can become a perennial playoff team and a contender remains to be seen but the core is there.

SebC
09-16-2015, 08:22 AM
Jones makes 4, Raymond makes 3.15, Smid makes 3.5, Ramo makes 3.8, Hiller makes 4.5. Those are all guys who I think could be traded and not make a huge impact on the team (one of the goalies, not both). If even one of those guys would be packaged in a deal to get Huberdeau, we'd likely have the cap space for him.If Florida was going to take our cap dump, they could just use the money to sign Huberdeau instead.

Poe969
09-16-2015, 08:29 AM
That's why I said "if" and "one of those guys". The Flames would have to give up draft picks, plain and simple. If the deal is a first and third for Huberdeau, maybe you can make it a first, second and one or two of those guys. Those players aren't garbage by any means and if they're not dealt they will be on the Flames roster. The panthers would get one or two serviceable players to help them fill out the roster with actual NHL players and add draft picks.

Vinny01
09-16-2015, 08:39 AM
I like Gaudreau as much as the next person, but **IF** we ever landed Huberdeau, I'd like to think he'd rock the 1st line with Monahan-Hudler.

Why? Johnny Hockey is the better player

Cali Panthers Fan
09-16-2015, 09:05 AM
I don't know if you are on a personal vendetta against Tallon but this part is just nonsense.

Tallon took over in Chicago in 2005 after the Blackhawks had been terrible for almost a decade. By year four they were in the playoffs (lost in the conference finals) and the next year they were the SC champs. He built the core that made Chicago the perennial contender they are today.

When he took over in Florida in 2010 the Panthers had been a perennial loser since their existence. He had nothing to work with, their prospect pool was zero. They made the playoffs on his second year with mercenaries like Fleichmann and Versteeg but it wasn't sustainable and only last year their own prospects and drafting started coming into fruition. It's hard not to see them competing for the playoffs for the foreseeable future.

He has been handed keys to two different organizations that were completely crap and he turned them around. Whether Florida can become a perennial playoff team and a contender remains to be seen but the core is there.

Thanks for saying it so I didn't have to. You pretty much nailed it.

Also, there's more to the Panthers than those top picks Estrada mentioned. It's just that those are significant core pieces that you move other pieces around. If someone is willing to offer sheet one of your core players simply because you don't have the resources to sign him to a max contract, well that kinda sucks if you're trying to build a perennially competitive team, which is the only thing that will bring fans into that building and stabilize them economically.

I know everyone would just as soon let the Panthers fold or move, but it's not good for the public image and financial health of the league for that to happen. It would be a lose-lose scenario for everyone.

dissentowner
09-16-2015, 09:13 AM
Why? Johnny Hockey is the better player

This. Huberdeau is going to be a top 6 winger but JG is going to be a top 5 forward in the NHL and might even have an Art Ross trophy or two in the mix when all is said and done.

Cali Panthers Fan
09-16-2015, 09:17 AM
This. Huberdeau is going to be a top 6 winger but JG is going to be a top 5 forward in the NHL and might even have an Art Ross trophy or two in the mix when all is said and done.

I actually really disagree with this. Gaudreau is a very good player, elite in his skill and talent, but I can't put him in the same class as Crosby, Seguin, Giroux, Getzlaf, Stamkos, and probably now McDavid. You can easily say top 30, or top 20, but going much beyond that is pretty hard to argue.

Huberdeau is in much the same group as Gaudreau: Top line talent, likely a perennial all-star, but not in the elites of the league.

Poe969
09-16-2015, 09:25 AM
Let's get them both on the Flames and see what they can do together!

Vinny01
09-16-2015, 09:28 AM
I actually really disagree with this. Gaudreau is a very good player, elite in his skill and talent, but I can't put him in the same class as Crosby, Seguin, Giroux, Getzlaf, Stamkos, and probably now McDavid. You can easily say top 30, or top 20, but going much beyond that is pretty hard to argue.

Huberdeau is in much the same group as Gaudreau: Top line talent, likely a perennial all-star, but not in the elites of the league.

I disagree with this. Johnny scored the most points last year than anyone potentially on that Team North America in the worlds. He did this as a 21 year old rookie. Gaudreau also spent a lot of last season with the likes of Jooris, Granlund and others before he was paired with Monahan. I think Johnny will be in that elite class of forwards as soon as next year and will put himself in that top tier in terms of offensive talent very soon

Mattman
09-16-2015, 09:30 AM
Not going to get into the whole Kane trade debacle but I could definitely see Huberdeau in a Blackhawks jersey and Kane going to Florida

JonDuke
09-16-2015, 09:36 AM

Man, I really like JG too, but your homer glasses are on too tight.

I hope you're right, but to suggest top 5 in all of the NHL, right now, is off.

Knut
09-16-2015, 09:39 AM
Wiess, Bouwmeester,Olesz, Horton, top 10 Florida draft picks that messed up other teams cap wise with big contracts..

Will Frolik avoid the curse?

Hasn't he already ? He has been a solid contributor to two other teams since he was in Florida

Vinny01
09-16-2015, 10:23 AM

He didn't day he was right now he said Johnny is going to be. With the progression he has shown dice drafted in 2011 it is not a huge reach to think in 2-5 years Johnny could be a top 5 scorer in the game

Erick Estrada
09-16-2015, 10:40 AM

Nothing personal at all but if we are going to slam the Oilers for losing into high draft picks we should be consistent in bashing poor management? He (director of player personnel from 1998-2002) whiffed on every single first round pick until 2003 when he finally got some hits and that team was in shambles then in 2004 he whiffed on Barker at 3rd overall and in 2005 Jack Skille in 2005 at 7th overall. The team got so bad he got to pick Toews and Kane at 3rd and 1st overall in successive drafts and we've learned from the Oilers that any team can pick top five consistently and accumulate talent. Once the Hawks got better it became apparent to management he was not the guy to handle building the team and he got the axe after wasting $$$ on Khabibulin, Brian Campbell, and Cristobal Huet then of course there was the major qualifying offer mishap where he had the offers mailed (they are supposed to be faxed not mailed) and he was generally viewed as a bumbling idiot in Chicago when he was fired. Yeah I bet you forgot how bad the Hawks were in their cap situation with him?

I must have missed when the Panthers turned around. When he took over the Panthers yes they were a perennial loser and what has he done to change that outside of simply being worse so he could attain higher draft picks in successive drafts (sounds familiar doesn't it?). Sorry guys but he's a terrible GM and I fail to see anything he's done that even Kevin Lowe couldn't under the same circumstances.

Bourque's Twin
09-16-2015, 10:52 AM
I think JG could become a consistent top 5 point producer in the NHL. That doesn't mean he'll be a top 5 player. Toews is a top 5 player but not point producer. Kane is a top 5 point producer but not player. Crosby is both.

Huberdeau, however, won't become either a top 5 point producer or top 5 player.

dissentowner
09-16-2015, 01:38 PM

Not right now but when he is in his prime I have no doubt he will be. Huberdeau is going to be a good player but he simply does not have the vision or talent Gaudreau has. JG put up more points in his rookie year than Huberdeau ever has, was a huge force at the Worlds a year ago, and has that special talent you are born with. Huberdeau will be a good player, no doubt, but JG will be superstar player.

Locke
09-16-2015, 01:57 PM

I dont see why.

JG has one NHL season at 22 years old with 64 points.

JH has 3 NHL seasons at 22 years old with 54 points.

I gotta go with Johnny on the top line.

Poe969
09-16-2015, 02:22 PM
It would be fun to get Huberdeau just to say we have 2 of the top 10 picks from the 2011 draft.

Erick Estrada
09-16-2015, 03:29 PM
He's a good talent but it's hard to place him at this stage of his career. I think he's going to be a very good player but I'm not sure if he will be an elite star. Making a big offer for him and forefitting the high picks could be genius or may bring with it a future pink slip. This is probably why we won't see an offer sheet.