PDA

View Full Version : Flames offering pre-season packs at HUGE discounts

taffeyb
09-11-2015, 09:20 PM
I noticed that the Flames are offering pre-season game packs. $37.50/seat/game for LOWER BOWL seats??? $300 for two tickets to 4 pre-season games plus a player autograph plus a post game photo op?

What is your season ticket cost for the lower bowl? I'm not sure that it is fair for the Flames to charge STH for the pre-season games and then low ball the price (by a lot).

I have to pay ~$600 for two tickets to my four games in the 2nd bowl and not get an autograph or photo.

I may be nitpicking, but we're forced to pay for the pre-season which, according to the Flames, are only worth 1/2 of what I pay.

http://flames.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=48424

** the above link keeps dropping the colon ":" after the http. Add it back in when accessing the webpage.

Sec218
09-11-2015, 09:47 PM
That's a lot less than the cost of my Orange season tickets. I agree it doesn't seem right.
You can get PL for $10 a seat a game!
It's hard enough for us STH to sell our pre-season games without taking a loss. I'm very surprised they are doing this ��

getbak
09-11-2015, 09:49 PM
This is why I've always considered my per-game price as the total cost of the season divided by 41 rather than 45. Preseason has no value.

Vox
09-11-2015, 10:02 PM
This is why I've always considered my per-game price as the total cost of the season divided by 41 rather than 45. Preseason has no value.

I've always done the same. I have a hard time identifying the face value of my tickets as they change per game, but they aren't available on the ticket site. So I figure the preseason are worth 0 and spread the costs out over the rest of the season evenly.

Preseason games are usually some of my favorite to attend, as I like seeing the new guys, but this year I sold the Edmonton and Vancouver game through the ticket exchange. Figured the Oiler fans would be insufferable. Reading the OP I'm blown away that I netted $250 for a pair to the oilers game, and $288 for a pair to the canucks game. The fees that were tacked on above that were more than the Flames sold their packages for. Go figure.

DownhillGoat
09-11-2015, 11:17 PM
I netted $250 for a pair to the oilers game, and $288 for a pair to the canucks game.
Tempted to get in on this deal just to re-sell them to Edmonton and Van fans. :bag:

T@T
09-11-2015, 11:26 PM
A lot cheaper than last year, recession imminent.

homestand
09-12-2015, 01:10 AM
I noticed that the Flames are offering pre-season game packs. $37.50/seat/game for LOWER BOWL seats??? $300 for two tickets to 4 pre-season games plus a player autograph plus a post game photo op?

What is your season ticket cost for the lower bowl? I'm not sure that it is fair for the Flames to charge STH for the pre-season games and then low ball the price (by a lot).

I have to pay ~$600 for two tickets to my four games in the 2nd bowl and not get an autograph or photo.

I may be nitpicking, but we're forced to pay for the pre-season which, according to the Flames, are only worth 1/2 of what I pay.

http://flames.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=48424

** the above link keeps dropping the colon ":" after the http. Add it back in when accessing the webpage.

About $1040 for two tickets for 4 games.

heep223
09-12-2015, 07:56 AM
I've always viewed the preseason games as a "throw-in" by the Flames. I've never even thought to consider them as part of the overall cost of the tickets.

taffeyb
09-12-2015, 08:10 AM
It still doesn't seem right as the cost published on the PDF is well in excess of the $37.50. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't STHs have the option on not taking pre-seasons in the past? Or was the issue that the Flames started to charge a full amount for pre-season games as oppose to a discounted price? I seem to recall there was a big issue several years ago when there was a change in how the Flames treated preseason games. This is before I had season tickets...so I can't say with 100% certainty. It was one or the other...any long term STH out there who know the answer?

Reaper
09-12-2015, 12:38 PM
A lot cheaper than last year, recession imminent.It isn't imminent. The recession is already here.

calgarygeologist
09-12-2015, 09:44 PM
Does anyone know if it is possible to select different sections? I'm tempted to get in on this deal but not crazy about section 104.

Jay Random
09-13-2015, 12:23 AM
I'm sure the reason the seats are so cheap is that people aren't crazy about the sections.

jayswin
09-13-2015, 03:58 PM
I'm sure the reason the seats are so cheap is that people aren't crazy about the sections.

Yeah, it seems like the same seats that didn't sell in our non sellout playoff game vs Anaheim when the Flames went for the throat on playoff pricing.