PDA

View Full Version : [Signing] Ferland and Flames agree to 2 year 825K AAV 1 way deal

JohnnyT
09-10-2015, 10:16 AM
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC (https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC) 6m6 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/642007227931492352) Michael Ferland and CAL closing in on a two-year deal at approx $800K per year. One-way contract.

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC (https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC) 58m58 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/642019523609120768) Ferland AAV is $825K

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger (https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger) 38m38 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/642024553326211072) Ferland agrees to 2 yr extension with Calgary Flames. $825,000 aav. $750,000 year 1 and $900,000 year 2.

GranteedEV
09-10-2015, 10:20 AM
Two years under 1M is perfect. He can get a deserved raise with a better portfolio to fall back on, and the Flames don't have to deal with the cap nightmare until Wideman/Smid/Engelland/Raymond/Bollig are off the books.

Street Pharmacist
09-10-2015, 10:20 AM
Nice

Cflames_12.5
09-10-2015, 10:21 AM
Great siging for both parties.

codynw
09-10-2015, 10:22 AM
Love this. Two year term is perfect for the Flames. Ferland probably wanted one year, which was the reason for the hold up.

bc-chris
sweet!

Weitz
Better bring it with a one-way contract.

polak
09-10-2015, 10:23 AM
One way is a bit of a surprise. He really did step it up in the playoffs but he wasn't that great in his regular seasons games.

I'm not against it. Just surprised.

codynw
09-10-2015, 10:24 AM
One way is a bit of a surprise. He really did step it up in the playoffs but he wasn't that great in his regular seasons games.

I'm not against it. Just surprised.

There's no point in a 2 way. He has to clear waiviers to be sent down, and he would absolutely be claimed.

skudr248
09-10-2015, 10:24 AM
Love it.

MrMastodonFarm
09-10-2015, 10:25 AM
Better bring it with a one-way contract.
Yeah, could be that was the sticking point between him and the Flames. Maybe he took less to get that one way too.

Not too worried about Ferland bringing it though. I've never been a huge fan of his as a prospect, especially after having to go back to junior as an over aged player, but he's answered a lot of question last season.

When someone tells Ferland he needs to bring it, I believe he replies, oh it has be brought.

dammage79
09-10-2015, 10:28 AM
Excellent. The Freight Train is back

GranteedEV
09-10-2015, 10:28 AM

Despite the lack of production, I thought he was pretty solid in November and March. He was in the AHL the rest of the year, where he probably should have been more noticible though.

Vinny01
09-10-2015, 10:29 AM
Sureloss must be taking vacation (or is in the shop for maintenance ;) )

Love this signing if true. Nice cap to a great summer by Treliving

Finger Cookin
09-10-2015, 10:30 AM
Right where they were rumored to be. Glad to see.

CroFlames
09-10-2015, 10:30 AM
If true, another fair signing by BT for both player and club.

It's hard not to speculate what happened behind the scenes, but I wish the deal was done a while ago. Optics.

Ashasx
09-10-2015, 10:33 AM
This is good.

If Ferland does well, the Flames wait a little longer to give him a raise.

Could be very important for the 16/17 season.

getbak
09-10-2015, 10:35 AM
Good deal for both sides. Right where it should be.

dash_pinched
09-10-2015, 10:38 AM
http://sportshoop.la/attachments/chzr6jfumaardeb-jpg.27987/

codynw
09-10-2015, 10:41 AM
http://sportshoop.la/attachments/chzr6jfumaardeb-jpg.27987/

It's actually spelled Micheal.

dash_pinched
09-10-2015, 10:48 AM

Not my meme (shamelessly stolen), but it still works considering it's coming from caveman Bieksa.

Split98
09-10-2015, 10:48 AM
http://spencerford.com/hosting/animated-gif/Treliving-Wizard.gif

CroFlames
09-10-2015, 10:50 AM
http://spencerford.com/hosting/animated-gif/Treliving-Wizard.gif

If you shopped that, definitely shop a big grey beard on there too!

Split98
09-10-2015, 10:52 AM
If you shopped that, definitely shop a big grey beard on there too!

Haha, I really should have.

undercoverbrother
09-10-2015, 10:52 AM

I am pretty sure it is an accurate representation of Kevin's spelling ability.

Locke
09-10-2015, 10:56 AM
Really? It took this long to come to that?

Thats pretty much the perfect contract for both sides.

Gaskal
09-10-2015, 10:58 AM
I was joking to a friend that Ferland stormed into his agent's office in full Flames gear and dropped the gloves.

codynw
09-10-2015, 10:59 AM
Really? It took this long to come to that?

Thats pretty much the perfect contract for both sides.

I think Ferland probably wanted one year. This way, if he has a good season, he has to wait an extra year to get a raise.

Locke
09-10-2015, 11:00 AM
I think Ferland probably wanted one year. This way, if he has a good season, he has to wait an extra year to get a raise.

I'm sure he did, who wouldnt, but if he had a bad year or got injured he'd get nothing.

dammage79
09-10-2015, 11:01 AM
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 1m1 minute ago
Ferland AAV is $825K

CroFlames
09-10-2015, 11:02 AM

I still have a hard time believing Ferly was that confident/cocky he'd have such a good year that he wanted one year less on a deal. He's only played 30ish total NHL games. He could very easily have a bumpy year.

What I think what happened is Flames offered 1 year 900k, and Ferly wanted multi for the security of longer term. So they settle on 800k.

Poe969
09-10-2015, 11:04 AM
This is awesome! I knew the Flames wanted 2 years, it just makes more sense for the team. I can see great chemistry with Bennett and Ferland moving forward.

Finger Cookin
09-10-2015, 11:06 AM
I'm sure he did, who wouldnt, but if he had a bad year or got injured he'd get nothing.
Pretty sure if Ferland signed a one year deal and got injured the next day, the Flames wouldn't walk away from him when the contract was up. :confused:

Goodlad
09-10-2015, 11:22 AM
I still have a hard time believing Ferly was that confident/cocky he'd have such a good year that he wanted one year less on a deal. He's only played 30ish total NHL games. He could very easily have a bumpy year.

What I think what happened is Flames offered 1 year 900k, and Ferly wanted multi for the security of longer term. So they settle on 800k.

I really think you have that backwards. I can see the player being more confident than the management group in his ability to replicate his playoff series vs Vancouver over an 82 game season. It seems like management would want a larger sample size.

FBI
09-10-2015, 11:22 AM
Whoo last piece of the offseason puzzle!

Locke
09-10-2015, 11:23 AM
Pretty sure if Ferland signed a one year deal and got injured the next day, the Flames wouldn't walk away from him when the contract was up. :confused:

Thats probably true, but at the same time you'd think a one-year deal for a fairly unproven rookie is a huge risk, Ferland should be the one wanting a bit more security.

Especially after Management declared that if a player helps the team win, they'll get paid, they'll make the money work.

Zevo
09-10-2015, 11:25 AM

It most likely has nothing to do with Ferland being cocky. It's up to his agent to get the best deal possible for him. It's probably like Gios situation where he told his agent to get it done and the agent did what he could. It's just the business side of it.

Cali Panthers Fan
09-10-2015, 11:29 AM
1 year deal, 2 year deal...doesn't matter to me. The AAV is fair and I really want to see Ferland play a full year with the Flames to see just what kind of player we can expect long term. Before the playoffs, I was kind of "meh" about him, but he's the kind of player that all really good teams need to supplement the skilled forwards. Power, size, decent speed, decent hands, finishing ability, tenacity, big bodychecker. The ideal 3rd line forward that can play on the 2nd line in a pinch.

I'll be glad to see Ferland do this before main camp begins so that he can focus on starting the season strong.

MissTeeks
09-10-2015, 11:38 AM
@DarrenDreger: Ferland agrees to 2 yr extension with Calgary Flames. $825,000 aav. $750,000 year 1 and $900,000 year 2.

CroFlames
09-10-2015, 11:41 AM
I really think you have that backwards. I can see the player being more confident than the management group in his ability to replicate his playoff series vs Vancouver over an 82 game season. It seems like management would want a larger sample size.

We'll never know so all we can do is speculate.

But putting myself in Ferly's shoes, as a young prospect with a 30 game NHL resume, and no real stats to write home about (except for the 9 games in the playoffs) I would rather a 2 year deal than a 1 year deal for security.

Putting myself in BT's shoes, I would offer Ferly a 1 year "show me" deal. After he shows you what he can do over 82+ games, then you pay him accordingly.

Thatts why I think Ferly wanted 2 and the Flames wanted 1. Many a player were awesome in their small sample size. Remember Sven? GMs need to be careful not to get swept up in hype of a prospect for the greater good of the club.

Badgers Nose
09-10-2015, 11:45 AM
Nice. BT is a heck of a GM.

Bandwagon In Flames
09-10-2015, 11:52 AM
We'll never know so all we can do is speculate.

But putting myself in Ferly's shoes, as a young prospect with a 30 game NHL resume, and no real stats to write home about (except for the 9 games in the playoffs) I would rather a 2 year deal than a 1 year deal for security.

Putting myself in BT's shoes, I would offer Ferly a 1 year "show me" deal. After he shows you what he can do over 82+ games, then you pay him accordingly.

Thatts why I think Ferly wanted 2 and the Flames wanted 1. Many a player were awesome in their small sample size. Remember Sven? GMs need to be careful not to get swept up in hype of a prospect for the greater good of the club.

With expiring contracts, the Flames can't afford to pay Ferland more money next season. In 2 seasons they'll have more money to work with and can pay Ferland what he's worth if he proves more.

Stay Golden
09-10-2015, 11:53 AM
Nice deal for both sides. Now the last piece on tge roster is in place.
Damn on paper this team looks good.
Can't wait for preseason.

Poe969
09-10-2015, 11:55 AM
Where do people realistically see him slotting in on our lineup? I think he'll be a third line guy playing with Bennett and they'll both move up. What do you think?

Finger Cookin
09-10-2015, 11:56 AM
Where do people realistically see him slotting in on our lineup? I think he'll be a third line guy playing with Bennett and they'll both move up. What do you think?

He'll probably split time with Bollig and Jooris to start. In and out of the lineup on the fourth line.

Savvy27
09-10-2015, 12:00 PM

I'd like to see him with Stajan and Jones.

Hackey
09-10-2015, 12:01 PM
Another solid move by Treliving. Keep up the good work. Hopefully Ferland continues to progress the way he has been. Has the potetial to be a very important player for the team.

Locke
09-10-2015, 12:03 PM
Nice. BT is a heck of a GM.

I swear he must employee mafia hitmen or something. Players have to sign their contracts while Vinny and Jimmy are guarding the door with baseball bats and BT shows them photographic evidence of their indiscretions.

"$825K Ferly or the photos go public and...which oblique was it again? Keep your eye on that Vinny...thats a good man Ferly, right there on the dotted line..."

dammage79
09-10-2015, 12:04 PM
This is now how I see treliving each day in the office, just jammin' along happy as a clam:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fEXyKe5WLmk/UZ0uDdCJrCI/AAAAAAAAL_o/kS5Jzlu7IDE/s400/gandalf.gif

GioforPM
09-10-2015, 12:04 PM

That's actually a line that other teams wouldn't try to match, but with a lot more skill than they might think. Jones has a really good shot, Ferland has a nose for the net and Stajan is simply a decent offensive player when given a chance. Jones and Stajan okay good defence as well and Jones and Ferland are good in the opposing corners.

Bandwagon In Flames
09-10-2015, 12:19 PM

I see Ferland as an interchangeable piece with Bouma. Both can move up and down the 2nd - 4th line LW duties. Whoever is hotter gets more minutes.

Sylvanfan
09-10-2015, 12:24 PM
Good for Ferland. He's over come a lot to be in position to earn this contract. Hopefully he plays lights out and puts himself in position to get a Dustin Penner-esque deal the next time his contract is up.

CroFlames
09-10-2015, 12:30 PM
From CP's own AC.

FMrNRlLne8Y

CroFlames
09-10-2015, 12:31 PM
PS: That charging penalty was BULL####.

foshizzle11
09-10-2015, 12:44 PM
Yeah!!! I am so glad this is done. Now onto to the pre-season for everyone. I think this team will look quite different by April and the playoffs roll around. I don't know what will happen but I do know that our young guys are pushing hard and our vets better be ready to start this season flying because if they aren't, guess who will be there ready to go.

Exciting times to be a flames fan! Is it still Sept 10th? Only 27 more days....

SuperMatt18
09-10-2015, 12:45 PM
Good contract, like that they get two years on the cheap out of him so they don't have to worry about him again next year.

Sets our line up like this:

Gaudreau-Monahan-Hudler
TBD-Bennett- Frolik
Bouma-Backlund-Colborne
Ferland-Stajan-Jones

TBD = Raymond,Jooris, Bollig, Byron, Shore, Granlund, Poirier

No shortage of competition at this training camp IMO.

HotHotHeat
09-10-2015, 12:46 PM
Who do we play first in the regular season again?

cKy
09-10-2015, 12:54 PM
Who do we play first in the regular season again?

WED, 7 OCT 2015 CANUCKS vs FLAMES 8:00 PM

Fire
09-10-2015, 01:05 PM
Well done Brad, well done. This contract will look even better next off-season.

bzoo02
09-10-2015, 01:21 PM
He's on fan960 right now

flamesfan1297
09-10-2015, 01:22 PM
Really happy with this deal, think it will work out for both sides. Like others have said the 1-way/2-way contract was probably the sticking point.

JonDuke
09-10-2015, 01:23 PM
Met Ferland a couple of weeks ago. Such a great character.
I'm super happy he'll be around for a while.

dissentowner
09-10-2015, 01:24 PM
He'll probably split time with Bollig and Jooris to start. In and out of the lineup on the fourth line.

Bollig needs to be loaded into a cannon and shot into outer space.

CroFlames
09-10-2015, 01:31 PM

Sorry to pick on you, but I hate statements like this. You can't have a team of 12 Hudlers and 6 Gios.

Bollig is what Bollig is. He was slightly overpaid to come here, but that's what you do for UFA. Furthermore, he was a placeholder to create competition among young guys for jobs. Look where that has led the Flames. Flames are in a great position right now with prospects and talent.

Bollig was a contributing member to the Flames as well. Again, you can't have 12 Hudlers. Everyone has a job to do, and Bollig did the job that was assigned to him. And he did it well.

Street Pharmacist
09-10-2015, 01:33 PM
Sorry to pick on you, but I hate statements like this. You can't have a team of 12 Hudlers and 6 Gios.

Bollig is what Bollig is. He was slightly overpaid to come here, but that's what you do for UFA. Furthermore, he was a placeholder to create competition among young guys for jobs. Look where that has led the Flames. Flames are in a great position right now with prospects and talent.

Bollig was a contributing member to the Flames as well. Again, you can't have 12 Hudlers. Everyone has a job to do, and Bollig did the job that was assigned to him. And he did it well.
But many think that job is pointless and better options are available. That's why I hate statements like yours.

He is what he is.

That doesn't preclude far better options. He was scratched quite a few times and the Flames were just fine. In fact, probably better

jaikorven
09-10-2015, 01:33 PM
As Ferland gets more comfortable with the NHL speed and positioning, etc, he will be a force to be reckoned with for the opposition. Love the energy he has!

ComixZone
09-10-2015, 01:34 PM

Agreed (although we traded for Bollig).

A lot of people in one breath love to praise the Flames for great team chemistry, but in the very next breath complain about players like Bollig being on the team.

Bollig was a part of the team identity that led to our success, I'm happy he's here again this year.

CroFlames
09-10-2015, 01:36 PM
But many think that job is pointless and better options are available. That's why I hate statements like yours.

He is what he is.

That doesn't preclude far better options. He was scratched quite a few times and the Flames were just fine. In fact, probably better

Getting scratched and living with it was part of his assignment. Don't forget that things were not as positive as they are now when he was signed. Flames needed warm bodies who could play NHL hockey, but be OK with getting scratched when better options (i.e.: a prospect matures) comes along.

Locke
09-10-2015, 01:37 PM

Disagree. You need players like Bollig in the playoffs.

Street Pharmacist
09-10-2015, 01:38 PM
Getting scratched and living with it was part of his assignment. Don't forget that things were not as positive as they are now when he was signed. Flames needed warm bodies who could play NHL hockey, but be OK with getting scratched when better options (i.e.: a prospect matures) comes along.
I'd be fine with being scratched too. Does that mean I should be on the team? How does "being ok with being scratched" redeem a player that is a worse option than many others?

If there's better options, let's let them play. He's probably the worst option on the team

CroFlames
09-10-2015, 01:50 PM
I'd be fine with being scratched too. Does that mean I should be on the team? How does "being ok with being scratched" redeem a player that is a worse option than many others?

If there's better options, let's let them play. He's probably the worst option on the team

Right now, I agree he is the worst option. But when we got him, at least BT knew what he had.

BT had no idea how the other prospects and some players would shake out. Thankfully, all turned out well and many appear to be NHL ready. But it would have been detrimental to player and club if BT inserted them into the lineup and simply hoped for the best. Additionally, when you have a team of young guys where the identity hasn't totally been established, it is well to have a tough guy like Bollig in the mix to calm things down. Much like Gratts was able to do.

Bollig was a good place holder. His time I believe is over, but he served his purpose well.

dammage79
09-10-2015, 01:57 PM
Scott Cruickshank ‏@CruickshankCH 1m1 minute ago
#Flames LW Micheal Ferland says he's decided to stick with No. 79.

CroFlames
09-10-2015, 02:00 PM
Scott Cruickshank ‏@CruickshankCH 1m1 minute ago
#Flames LW Micheal Ferland says he's decided to stick with No. 79.

Nice. I liked Hughson's #79 Train from Brandon is arriving! haha.

Crumpy-Gunt
09-10-2015, 02:01 PM
Would have been nice to wrap this deal up way earlier. Ferland is awesome.

Bollig seems like a good team guy but I think his time with us is close to done. He was a placeholder until the kids earn a spot as Cro mentioned above. I think he will have a tough time hanging on to his job this season with shore granlund ferland arnold jooris and others coming into camp looking to nail down a roster spot with the flames. I imagine he will start the season on the flames but be traded to make way for one of the young ones to come up.

I think bollig or raymond will be gone pretty quick.

dustygoon
09-10-2015, 02:11 PM
So happy he is on this team.

I probably am overstating the offense a bit, but I think he can put up 20 goals. How many bruising 20 goal guys are there like him? Who is comparable?

Lucic (in his prime)
Kassian (if he sorts himself out)?
Chris Stewart?
Downie (when healthy)

There are not many guys who can play this rough and be capable of putting up some points.

dammage79
09-10-2015, 02:14 PM

I probably am overstating the offense a bit, but I think he can put up 20 goals. How many bruising 20 goal guys are there like him? Who is comparable?

Lucic (in his prime)
Chris Stewart?
Downie (when healthy)

There are not many guys who can play this rough and be capable of putting up some points.

I'd go as high as Downey in his healthy prime. Won't go Lucic, that guy is/was on another level of wrecking ball.

Chris Stewart, let us hope he finds much better consistency than that guy.

Lol @Kassian. Mooseheaded brick brained oaf.

JurassicTunga12
09-10-2015, 02:14 PM
Excellent signing.

codynw
09-10-2015, 02:15 PM

Lucic (in his prime)
Chris Stewart?
Downie (when healthy)

Benn, Iginla, Backes.

Wilson in Washington might get there eventually too, but that's all I can think of right now. Definitely not many players like that anymore.

CroFlames
09-10-2015, 02:17 PM
Benn, Iginla, Backes.

Wilson in Washington might get there eventually too, but that's all I can think of right now. Definitely not many players like that anymore.

Great, another Iginla thread. You just can't help yourself, can you?

Locke
09-10-2015, 02:18 PM

I have to agree, he just offers something totally different, hes more of a very capable agitator who can score.

Benched
09-10-2015, 02:24 PM
siging happened.

09-10-2015, 02:29 PM

Bollig is the perfect 13th forward. YOu don't want Granlund or Poirier sitting in the press box for 30 or 40 games a year.

Plus with Lucic in the Pacific now and it looks like long term too, you will need guys like Bollig and Engelland around. Ferland is tough but he's going to get murdered if he has to deal with Lucic. Rather have Bollig or Engelland take Lucic off for 5 then any other player on the roster.

All the truculent haters are looking at it all wrong. Bollig and Engelland are there to be used and abused (ie, sitting in the pressbox, sitting in the penalty box, fighting). You don't want good players or young players doing that.

codynw
09-10-2015, 02:33 PM
Great, another Iginla thread. You just can't help yourself, can you?

Yes, mentioning Iginla's name while talking about physical scoring forwards is exactly the same as all the threads that turn into pissing contests about Feaster/the Iginla trade/Iginla being a bad leader/whatever other garbage they always turn into.

GranteedEV
09-10-2015, 02:36 PM
Bollig is the perfect 13th forward

Except the problem is that he's our 16th forward, and that's with Granlund down in Stockton where he no longer belongs.

Keeping your 16th forward and losing your actual 13th/14th forwards would be terrible team construction.

RyZ
09-10-2015, 02:38 PM
Bollig is the perfect 13th forward. YOu don't want Granlund or Poirier sitting in the press box for 30 or 40 games a year.

Plus with Lucic in the Pacific now and it looks like long term too, you will need guys like Bollig and Engelland around. Ferland is tough but he's going to get murdered if he has to deal with Lucic. Rather have Bollig or Engelland take Lucic off for 5 then any other player on the roster.

All the truculent haters are looking at it all wrong. Bollig and Engelland are there to be used and abused (ie, sitting in the pressbox, sitting in the penalty box, fighting). You don't want good players or young players doing that.

I dont agree with the bolded at all. They are both about the same weight (225-230) and Lucic is listed as being 2" taller (6'3 vs 6'1). I think those 2 going head to head is going to be a whole lot closer than you think it is.

codynw
09-10-2015, 02:43 PM
I dont agree with the bolded at all. They are both about the same weight (225-230) and Lucic is listed as being 2" taller (6'3 vs 6'1). I think those 2 going head to head is going to be a whole lot closer than you think it is.

Ferland has lost a ton of weight. He's around 210 now.

saillias
09-10-2015, 02:48 PM
Lucic is also not quite as tough as he used to be. He was once the top dog but since getting one-punched and then that Weiss thing he's lost some of that intimidation.

Engelland and him used to fight while he was in Pittsburgh. Not too worried about Lucic. Ferland could probably manage, if he had to.

Strange Brew
09-10-2015, 03:01 PM
Very good signing for the Flames IMO. There is virtually no downside from a salary cap perspective. Only risk is that if does get sent down and not claimed (which seems unlikely unless there is sustained mediocre play) then the Flames are on the hook for a 1 way contract. Whatever - that's their money not mine.

Little surprised the Ferland camp agreed to a 2 year deal. BT must have bargained hard on this one.

SanFranFlamesFan
09-10-2015, 03:09 PM
Fun fact that I was surprised by: Last year Ferland had more points in less games in the playoffs than Sam Bennett.

Ferland: 9 GP, 3G, 2A
Bennett: 11 GP, 3G, 1 A

CroFlames
09-10-2015, 03:19 PM
Yes, mentioning Iginla's name while talking about physical scoring forwards is exactly the same as all the threads that turn into pissing contests about Feaster/the Iginla trade/Iginla being a bad leader/whatever other garbage they always turn into.

Chill dude I was being sarcastic.

Gaskal
09-10-2015, 03:28 PM
Lucic is also not quite as tough as he used to be. He was once the top dog but since getting one-punched and then that Weiss thing he's lost some of that intimidation.

Engelland and him used to fight while he was in Pittsburgh. Not too worried about Lucic. Ferland could probably manage, if he had to.
Ferland's got a good chin, I'm confident in his ability to at least hold his own. He took a few cheapshot punches from Bieska before the latter ducked behind the safety of the referees.

Huntingwhale
09-10-2015, 03:34 PM
Lol @Kassian. Mooseheaded brick brained oaf.

http://i1.wp.com/i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx284/TheWacoKidd/black_kid_whoa.gif?w=650

AcGold
09-10-2015, 03:39 PM
Lucic would decimate 210 pound Ferland, it wouldn't be much of a fight. Ferland's training for speed, skill and physicality whereas Lucic gives zero ####s and has a drastic strength and experience advantage. I'd bet a lot of money on that one, he wouldn't hold his own. He'd hold on for dear life if the fight happened, huge mismatch.

Only one that can take him is Engelland.

dustygoon
09-10-2015, 03:42 PM
Benn, Iginla, Backes.

Wilson is a good example. Just dangerous enough to make the other team keep their head up but also showed he could score.

foshizzle11
09-10-2015, 03:48 PM
Fun fact that I was surprised by: Last year Ferland had more points in less games in the playoffs than Sam Bennett.

Ferland: 9 GP, 3G, 2A
Bennett: 11 GP, 3G, 1 A

I hope that is a sign of things to come but weren't Bennett's goals a bit more important? One for Ferland got the ball rolling in Game 6 and then an empty netter, I don't even remember the other one.

Anyway, he will produce in the NHL when he earns his time on the ice and I agree with others on here, I would like to see him playing with Stajan and Jones again. That line is our 3rd line at the moment but has the chance to move up or down as needed. They played well together. At some point I wouldn't mind seeing Ferland with Bennett at centre in some situations.

So exciting!! I love this kid.

EldrickOnIce
09-10-2015, 04:09 PM

That looks like it could be the 4th line on an actual contender.

Enoch Root
09-10-2015, 04:09 PM
First of all, very happy that he is signed, so that it doesn't derail his training camp.

Second, great deal for the Flames, as they don't have to re-address this next summer.

As for this...

Lucic would decimate 210 pound Ferland, it wouldn't be much of a fight. Ferland's training for speed, skill and physicality whereas Lucic gives zero ####s and has a drastic strength and experience advantage. I'd bet a lot of money on that one, he wouldn't hold his own. He'd hold on for dear life if the fight happened, huge mismatch.

I don't agree. Ferland is as tough as nails. He most likely loses the first altercation due to experience. But I have little doubt that he would own Lucic - or anyone else - in relatively short order.

It isn't the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

getbak
09-10-2015, 04:20 PM
Scott Cruickshank ‏@CruickshankCH

#Flames LW Micheal Ferland minutes before signing his two-year deal Thursday morning. @leahhennelphoto

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COkq0x-UEAES_Xd.jpg

Now, it all makes sense.

"Hey, Mike, I'm not going to stop talking until you sign your damn contract."

"Okay fine, Craig, I'll sign. Please, just stop."

foshizzle11
09-10-2015, 04:24 PM
^^^ If that is the case, great job Conroy!! Keep on talking.

keratosis
09-10-2015, 04:27 PM
I always pictured Conroy as a smaller player, don't know why.

CaptainCrunch
09-10-2015, 04:28 PM

I disagree for one big reason. Ferland is the rare guy that has a true one punch knockout punch and he's shown it pretty consistently.

If he gets an opening he ends fights.

AcGold
09-10-2015, 04:29 PM
First of all, very happy that he is signed, so that it doesn't derail his training camp.

Second, great deal for the Flames, as they don't have to re-address this next summer.

As for this...

I don't agree. Ferland is as tough as nails. He most likely loses the first altercation due to experience. But I have little doubt that he would own Lucic - or anyone else - in relatively short order.

It isn't the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.
You clearly have very little experience fighting. I'd bet a significant chunk of money on Lucic winning that fight, especially considering that Ferland is outweighed and only fought twice last year, neither of which were demonstrations of elite fighting ability. Lucic is top 10 in the league....

as is Engelland now. When 30+ enforcers left the league guys like Lucic got a hell of a lot tougher. Imagine Ferland fighting Engelland, mismatch by a fair margin. And I love Ferly, couldn't be happier about this signing but he's no elite fighter by any stretch.

MrMastodonFarm
09-10-2015, 04:40 PM
You clearly have very little experience fighting. I'd bet a significant chunk of money on Lucic winning that fight, especially considering that Ferland is outweighed and only fought twice last year, neither of which were demonstrations of elite fighting ability. Lucic is top 10 in the league....

as is Engelland now. When 30+ enforcers left the league guys like Lucic got a hell of a lot tougher. Imagine Ferland fighting Engelland, mismatch by a fair margin. And I love Ferly, couldn't be happier about this signing but he's no elite fighter by any stretch.

Ferland had 5 fights last season, one against a guy who checks in at 6'8 235 pounds.

Calgary4LIfe
09-10-2015, 04:41 PM
I beg to differ on Ferland's fighting abilities. He is a fighter much in the same way as PL3 or whatever his name was. He will grab on, and the opponent ends up throwing more punches. Then Ferland usually ends up unwinding with heavy punches - with frequent knockouts. He absolutely has knockout power, and I laughed so hard at Canuck fans bragging on how Bieksa tuned him. They have no clue how close Bieksa was to having his lunch fed to him had the refs not intervened.

Will Lucic win? Probably - he is more experienced. However, if Lucic isn't aware that Ferland has knockout power, Lucic will fall. Simple as that.

Now, aside from the fisticuffs, great signing. Ferland has very good speed, kid can really dangle too (just wait until he gets more comfortable out there) and has a beauty of a shot. Decent playmaker too. He checks so many boxes in a list. I said it a couple of years ago - Ferland will be a fan favorite for years to come. He has already started becoming one after he obliterated the Canucks in the playoffs, but once he starts scoring those timely goals, and starts sticking up more for guys like Bennett (who will just agitate as well) or Gaudreau (who some guys will just try to take liberties with to get him off his game), he will really come into his own.

I don't know if statistically he will ever be a 'franchise type' player, but I think most posters here within a couple of years will feel he is irreplaceable and definitely part of the core. This season will be even more fun to watch I think.

dustygoon
09-10-2015, 04:42 PM
I disagree for one big reason. Ferland is the rare guy that has a true one punch knockout punch and he's shown it pretty consistently.

If he gets an opening he ends fights.

I think there was a team mate in junior that attested to this. Nobody knew Ferland in his early years, goon's would pick a fight, and it ended with the non-Ferland guy laying on the ice staring at rafters wondering where he was. Quickly got a reputation for being a one punch knockout. I have been trying to find the article.

badradio
09-10-2015, 04:44 PM
Great "siging!" I'm excited to see a full year of Ferland.

undercoverbrother
09-10-2015, 05:07 PM
Ferland had 5 fights last season, one against a guy who checks in at 6'8 235 pounds.

Keep your facts and figures to yourself please.

MissTeeks
09-10-2015, 05:09 PM

FBI
09-10-2015, 05:28 PM
The question about what Ferland's other goal was, it was a beauty slapper from the left side I think early in the game? It was a pretty important goal I think.

Gaskal
09-10-2015, 05:32 PM
That part when Ferland is in his suit walking is sooooo much better when you mute sound and play "Stayin Alive" - Bee Gees instead.

CroFlames
09-10-2015, 05:36 PM
I like how he singled out Gratts as an influencing force in his life. Cements the sentiments on this board that Gratts was a huge positive influence on the young guys.

EDIT: PS - I love Connie.

Benched
09-10-2015, 05:38 PM
I like how he singled out Gratts as an influencing force in his life. Cements the sentiments on this board that Gratts was a huge positive influence on the young guys.

And Monahan referred to him as well in his TSN interview, being a good guy, prankster, friend outside the rink.

Keep hearing he's a good influence on the kids. Seems like those rumours are true.

Goodlad
09-10-2015, 07:04 PM
I'd probably just drop the Lucic/Ferland stuff. AcGold seems to think Lucic has super-human abilities

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?p=4534431&highlight=lucic#post4534431
again, a fundamental ignorance of martial arts and fighting. The fact that Lucic fights regularly is such a huge factor that no one is landing that lucky punch because even if you do hit him he has the muscle memory to know what to do. Case in point; the fact that he said the guy hit him a bunch of times and he had not a scratch on his face. The ability to know how to react when getting attacked based on experience makes him physiologically nearly unbeatable without a weapon, denying as much shows unfamiliarity with the subject at hand. Lucic has been in over 50 fights on the ice and that alone is nearly enough to make it almost impossible to hurt him. You'd have to hit him with a sucker punch when he's not looking or use a weapon.

Edit: Wow, that was a real train-wreck of a thread.

Fire of the Phoenix
09-10-2015, 07:31 PM
Treliving does it again, great deal.

Southside
09-10-2015, 08:21 PM

Having seen Ferland fight, Lucic would not murder him. It would actually be a good fight I think. I would want to be there if it happens.

AcGold
09-10-2015, 08:48 PM
I'd probably just drop the Lucic/Ferland stuff. AcGold seems to think Lucic has super-human abilities

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?p=4534431&highlight=lucic#post4534431

Edit: Wow, that was a real train-wreck of a thread.

If you think standard fighting abilities attained through over a decade of fighting is super human you don't know anything about fighting.

Now, if Ferland focused his training on fighting and packing on weight he'd probably be a close match but Ferland lost a ton of weight and is focusing on the skill game. Fighting is dwindling and he wants to carve out a career.

2 fights in the season what I meant obv, but let's be obtuse for no reason. Lucic has 30+ NHL fights and Ferland has 3.

The Fonz
09-10-2015, 08:57 PM
If you think standard fighting abilities attained through over a decade of fighting is super human you don't know anything about fighting.

Now, if Ferland focused his training on fighting and packing on weight he'd probably be a close match but Ferland lost a ton of weight and is focusing on the skill game. Fighting is dwindling and he wants to carve out a career.

2 fights in the season what I meant obv, but let's be obtuse for no reason. Lucic has 30+ NHL fights and Ferland has 3.

...Ferland has 44 hockey fights in his last 5 seasons. You're speaking as if he's a bruiser that never backs it up.

MrMastodonFarm
09-10-2015, 09:01 PM
You clearly have very little experience fighting.

So obvious question at this point... what do you know about fighting, why are you the expert and what is your experience?

Seem awfully dismissive of anyone else on the matter.

Geeoff
09-10-2015, 09:04 PM
If he plays like he did against Vancouver, this is a huge steal. Could be a 30 point guy who leaves bodies in his wake. Excited for what he brings this year.

Gaudfather
09-10-2015, 09:56 PM
If he plays like he did against Vancouver, this is a huge steal. Could be a 30 point guy who leaves bodies in his wake. Excited for what he brings this year.

Yep - Connie in his interview stated that he thinks Ferland has 20 goal potential. As he mentioned it is all about consistency and having the drive and focus to bring it every night.

killer_carlson
09-10-2015, 09:58 PM
Ferland has an uppercut he throws from his shoelaces in fights. If it lands, the person will go to sleep. If it doesn't, he'll be off balance and fall to the ice, likely eating a few in the process.

calgarywinning
09-11-2015, 02:18 AM
Ferland is on the uptick for sure. Physically and in the game. Great signing for a player that can make a difference.

Tinordi
09-11-2015, 03:32 AM
Imagine him emerging to a 35 point 80 pim player. He has that potential. Would be a huge part of the roster.

T@T
09-11-2015, 03:42 AM
Imagine him emerging to a 35 point 80 pim player. He has that potential. Would be a huge part of the roster.
That would be great but secretly I want a 50-60pt - 100pim Lucic type player.

Poe969
09-11-2015, 07:52 AM
I don't really want to start a new thread for this but I'm just wondering what everyone thinks BT's next move will be? He's honestly had an amazing summer and I don't think he's done one thing that hasn't been considered a good move. I still think that one other shake up is going to happen before all is said and done for the summer and I think it'll be in goal. For some reason I think Hiller is on his way out and we'll be able to go with a tandem of Ramo and Ortio...but knowing BT, we'll end up getting a great goalie for one of our "questionable" contracts. What do you think?

FBI
09-11-2015, 07:54 AM
If he wants to continue his wizardry it would be shedding some of the dead weight for picks.

Poe969
09-11-2015, 08:03 AM
I still think our biggest issue is goaltending. If he puts on his hat and casts another spell of confusion or whatever like he did on Sweeny, then I'd love to see something along the lines of Raymond+Smid+Hiller for either a better goalie option or something else amazing.

heep223
09-11-2015, 08:09 AM
Why? We have two capable NHL 1B goalies, a young pro goalie who's ready to make a case as a #1, and two very strong goalie prospects one of which is turning pro this year. I see very little need to add...one of Ortio, Gillies or McDonald will compete to grab the starting role over the next number of years.

Poe969
09-11-2015, 08:13 AM
I agree but if we could get a proven starter for 1 year I think it'd be great. I'm not confident with either of Hiller or Ramo and I think one of them has to go so we can have Ortio on the team. I would just rather have Ortio and a proven starter who's better than Ramo and Hiller. I think we'll be good down the road but this year I wish we had a better option.

heep223
09-11-2015, 08:19 AM
I agree but if we could get a proven starter for 1 year I think it'd be great. I'm not confident with either of Hiller or Ramo and I think one of them has to go so we can have Ortio on the team. I would just rather have Ortio and a proven starter who's better than Ramo and Hiller. I think we'll be good down the road but this year I wish we had a better option.

Fair enough, if we could get rid of two anchor contracts for an upgrade on Hiller for the year then by all means pull the trigger haha. I know Treliving is a wizard and all that but really can't see your proposal happening. We'd have to give to get, and it's not worth it IMO.

Poe969
09-11-2015, 08:22 AM
Like we did with Hamilton?? He's shown that he's active and willing to do the work to get deals done. If there's a deal out there, he'll get it. I know that proposal was out of this world but if there's anyone who could do it, it'd be BT.

Bourque's Twin
09-11-2015, 08:28 AM
I think Ferland can become Lucic 2.0
Ferland is 6'1, 225. Lucic is 6'3, 225.

If you compare their stats from their 3rd WHL seasons:
Ferland: 68GP, 47G, 49A, 96P, 84PIM
Lucic: 70GP, 30G, 38A, 68P, 147PIM

It looks like Ferland had way better scoring stats, but less PIMs.

Another important thing to look at is Lucic's first 2 seasons in the NHL. I know he was a few years younger than Ferland is now, but it's worth looking at.

Lucic first NHL Season: 77GP, 8G, 19A, 27P, 89 PIM
Lucic second NHL Season: 72GP, 17G, 25A, 42P, 136PIM

These two seasons aren't super impressive. I think Ferland can put up similar numbers in his first two seasons, and then hopefully breakout like Lucic did in his 3rd, when he scored 30G and had 62P.

GranteedEV
09-11-2015, 08:34 AM
I think Ferland can become Lucic 2.0
Ferland is 6'1, 225. Lucic is 6'3, 225.

If you compare their stats from their 3rd WHL seasons:
Ferland: 68GP, 47G, 49A, 96P, 84PIM
Lucic: 70GP, 30G, 38A, 68P, 147PIM

It looks like Ferland had way better scoring stats, but less PIMs.

Ferland played with Mark Stone, so his stats were pretty inflated that year. Look at the year after when he was sent back to Junior and his stats fell back down to earth.

Also Lucic at 22 (Ferland's age last season) was already a 30 goal scorer. That would be the most optimistic projection possible, and we don't even have offensive players of the level of Krejci and Horton for him to feed off.

Honestly I'd be happy to ever get a 20 goal / 15 assist season out of Ferland. A guy like Lucic is a pipe dream as Ferland lacks the reach that makes Lucic so effective.

Five-hole
09-11-2015, 08:50 AM
I'm hoping Ferly can make a career out of making McDavid's life miserable.

Poe969
09-11-2015, 08:52 AM

I'm pretty sure that's going to be Taylor Hall's job.

The Fonz
09-11-2015, 10:16 AM
If BT has anymore wizard moves up his sleeve, I hope it's a trade that sends Raymond out of town without bringing a bad contract back.

Jackpot_Smooth
09-11-2015, 10:27 AM

I see it more as ferland vs nurse.

PsYcNeT
09-11-2015, 11:49 AM
http://i.imgur.com/IHyWbOE.jpg

GreenLantern2814
09-11-2015, 01:36 PM

I don't see anyone making McDavid's life more miserable than Sam Bennett. I predict they fight more than once.

Love the signing - under 1M per is incredible. Ferland is an incredibly useful player, and it was astonishing to see him dominate a playoff series the way he did. As soon as he went down against Anaheim, the Flames chances of pulling the upset went with him.

That said, I'm expecting at most 25 points from him this year. Seeing swing duty on the 3rd and 4th line, very little pp time, maybe he gets to play with Bennett and that drives up his totals a bit.

GioforPM
09-11-2015, 01:44 PM
I don't see anyone making McDavid's life more miserable than Sam Bennett. I predict they fight more than once.

Love the signing - under 1M per is incredible. Ferland is an incredibly useful player, and it was astonishing to see him dominate a playoff series the way he did. As soon as he went down against Anaheim, the Flames chances of pulling the upset went with him.

That said, I'm expecting at most 25 points from him this year. Seeing swing duty on the 3rd and 4th line, very little pp time, maybe he gets to play with Bennett and that drives up his totals a bit.

Ferland would look good as a net front guy on the PP.

Fire
09-11-2015, 02:38 PM

I think McDavid learned his lesson about fighting when he broke his hand in junior. Plus I believe Bennett and McDavid are friends off the ice.

Huntingwhale
09-11-2015, 03:01 PM
I think McDavid learned his lesson about fighting when he broke his hand in junior. Plus I believe Bennett and McDavid are friends off the ice.

Yup bff. Which will make the BoA even more intense. I know McDavid is projected to be the better player, but you'd better believe that going up against McDavid will bring out the best in our Sam Bennett. It will be pretty neat to compare their careers as time goes on ala Crosby vs OV

CroFlames
09-11-2015, 03:24 PM
Yup bff. Which will make the BoA even more intense. I know McDavid is projected to be the better player, but you'd better believe that going up against McDavid will bring out the best in our Sam Bennett. It will be pretty neat to compare their careers as time goes on ala Crosby vs OV

I like Sam as much as the next guy. I think he'll have a successful career.

But the Crosby & Ovi comparison will always be McDavid & Eichel for the next 10 years.

T@T
09-11-2015, 03:36 PM
Honestly I'd be happy to ever get a 20 goal / 15 assist season out of Ferland. A guy like Lucic is a pipe dream as Ferland lacks the reach that makes Lucic so effective.
What about Ryane Clowe 2.0?

6th round pick, didn't become a full time NHL'er till age 24 and was a 50pt - 80pim player until injurys got him. His best year was 62pts and 100pim.

IgiTang
09-11-2015, 03:52 PM
What about Ryane Clowe 2.0?

6th round pick, didn't become a full time NHL'er till age 24 and was a 50pt - 80pim player until injurys got him. His best year was 62pts and 100pim.

I'll take that. Clowe was an absolute beast in his first few years. His time with SJ, he drove many teams nuts.

If Ferland can mimic that type of a career, that's a win in my books.

codynw
09-11-2015, 04:20 PM
I'll take that. Clowe was an absolute beast in his first few years. His time with SJ, he drove many teams nuts.

If Ferland can mimic that type of a career, that's a win in my books.

Hopefully without the concussions, but yea, Ferland turning into a player like Clowe in his prime would be awesome.

CliffFletcher
09-11-2015, 04:23 PM
Plus I believe Bennett and McDavid are friends off the ice.

Yep.

They were minor hockey teammates for seven years — five with the York-Simcoe Express and then two with the Toronto Marlboros. They also won gold for Canada at the world under-18 men’s hockey championship in 2013.

They work with different trainers in the off-season, but spent time together socially over the summer. Their parent’s homes are a 10-minute drive from each other in Newmarket, Ont. ...

“Oh yeah, a little bit of friendly trash talking for sure,” Bennett said. “I’ve told him to keep his head up a couple of times. We’re still really good buddies off the ice.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/flames-rookie-sam-bennett-wants-to-make-an-impact-this-season/article26319733/

HighLifeMan
09-11-2015, 04:33 PM
Ferland played with Mark Stone, so his stats were pretty inflated that year. Look at the year after when he was sent back to Junior and his stats fell back down to earth.

Also Lucic at 22 (Ferland's age last season) was already a 30 goal scorer. That would be the most optimistic projection possible, and we don't even have offensive players of the level of Krejci and Horton for him to feed off.

His stats fell back down to earth because at the time he was completely out of shape, unmotivated, and struggling with substance abuse issues. That was during the peak of his struggles so I don't think it's a fair way to assess his offensive upside based on what he was going through.

Ferland has shown the ability to flat out dominate the AHL level for stretches of time, but has lacked consistency to date. During a 24 game stretch in which lasted from the end of 2013-2014 season and into the first month of this past season before his first recall Ferland put up 10 goals, 18 assists, 28 points, 60 shots on net, a +6 rating and 33 PIMS

If he can find that consistency within his game then there really is no limiting his potential impact. We also have to remember that despite being 23, he still has less than 100 games played as a pro and inconsistencies are to be expected.

You are absolutely correct though that we shouldn't expect a Lucic like impact, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities either. I would also agree that if Ferland becomes a 20 goal, 35 point physical presence that is a massive win for the Flames.

He's an intriguing asset that much is for sure.

09-11-2015, 04:59 PM
From what i've seen, there's a difference between Ferland and Lucic's skillset.

Everything about Lucic is about power. He overpowers goalies with his shot. His game is very north south, just powers his way through defenders, powers his way to the net.

Ferland has that element too, but is not as effective as Lucic due to smaller size; however, I see Ferland as having greater finesse and creativity with the puck and also greater hockey sense. In that Vancouver series, we saw a number of slick give and go plays with linemates to set up scoring chances which shows his hockey sense and creativity.

I'm not saying Lucic is better or that Ferland has more skill. I'm just saying the skillsets are a bit different. They both can physically dominate, but the way they score goals and points are different, from my viewpoint anyways.

Obviously, we'll be ecstatic if Ferland can produce like Lucic.

T@T
09-12-2015, 01:16 AM
Lucic is tough as nails but lacks something Ferland has...complete domination in fights with knockout power. we should have a poll of who gets to taste his right hand first.

vi9_KNPGkcU

wAG3JGwItOE

undercoverbrother
09-13-2015, 09:41 AM
So obvious question at this point... what do you know about fighting, why are you the expert and what is your experience?

Seem awfully dismissive of anyone else on the matter.

This was a good question. It deserves an answer.

AcGold
09-13-2015, 10:33 AM
5 years karate training in my youth, 3 years boxing training with military officers (I'm not in the military but I trained with them at university), 2 years mua Thai recently. I don't get in fights for fun just find the art and training of it pleasing.

The dismissive prickishness definitely comes from my job that over works and underpays me and is gnerally ruining my life so take my posts with a giant imo, not trying to be a dick. Of course Ferland could win in the fight but I would bet money on Lucic, maybe we will find out this year and you can all gloat how wrong I was

Vulcan
09-13-2015, 11:05 AM
To me Ferland takes too many punches waiting to land his round house right. He's going to need to adjust.

Oil Stain
09-13-2015, 05:24 PM
This is a great contract. No risk for the the Flames is Ferland fades off, and will look fantastic if Ferland established himself above the fourth line.

It's easy to root for the guy given his backstory.

09-13-2015, 06:47 PM
we should have a poll of who gets to taste his right hand first.

Hopefully the answer is Bieksa. That guy is in serious need of a beat down.

Beatle17
09-13-2015, 08:04 PM
5 years karate training in my youth, 3 years boxing training with military officers (I'm not in the military but I trained with them at university), 2 years mua Thai recently. I don't get in fights for fun just find the art and training of it pleasing.

The dismissive prickishness definitely comes from my job that over works and underpays me and is gnerally ruining my life so take my posts with a giant imo, not trying to be a dick. Of course Ferland could win in the fight but I would bet money on Lucic, maybe we will find out this year and you can all gloat how wrong I was

Ever fought on skates against a full grown man with bare knuckles?

AcGold
09-13-2015, 08:45 PM
Have you?

JiriHrdina
09-13-2015, 08:47 PM
OK let's just put our tape measures and wieners away and get back to the topic at hand.

calgaryblood
09-13-2015, 09:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/mH9pCeX.jpg?1

jayswin
09-13-2015, 09:05 PM
OK let's just put our tape measures and wieners away and get back to the topic at hand.

****, I just got back from the garage with my tape measure.

MisterJoji
09-13-2015, 10:40 PM

https://media1.giphy.com/media/aztW8oK9TQhiM/giphy.gif

Jackpot_Smooth
09-14-2015, 07:44 AM
I think a big part of ferland's success in junior is that he was bigger than a lot of the other kids. I see him having a few lessons fighting in the nhl against more technical guys like prust.

DJones
09-14-2015, 08:19 AM
I think a big part of ferland's success in junior is that he was bigger than a lot of the other kids. I see him having a few lessons fighting in the nhl against more technical guys like prust.

Sure technique can always be improved but you can't teach knockout power.

TjRhythmic
09-14-2015, 09:43 AM
Sure technique can always be improved but you can't teach knockout power.

And that technique will be improved when Ferland gets to work with Hartley's fighting coach this training camp

Beatle17
09-14-2015, 02:53 PM
Have you?

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like a dick with the question. The fighting you mentioned is impressive but my point should have been that it is totally different than this type of fighting.

And yes I have, but not for many years.

Daradon
09-15-2015, 10:55 PM
I don't think Ferland was ever supposed to be a 'fighter' anyway. More of a pest. Sure he can handle himself when he needs, but you don't put him out to start fights. You put him out to draw penalties, charge up the team with a hit.

red sky
09-16-2015, 08:59 AM
I am very excited at the idea of sending Ferland over the boards to put some pressure on the oppositions dmen. And then have that follow up with Bouma. Should make it difficult.

CaptainCrunch
09-16-2015, 09:21 AM
Darth Hartley - "W"e must move quickly. The Oilers and Canucks are relentless. If they are not all destroyed, it will be civil war without end. First, I want you to go to Edmonton and destroy Conner McSlurpee. We will catch them off balance. Then head to Vancouver and wipe out the Sedins"

Darth Furkland - "Yes my master"

Darth Hartley - "Once more the Flames will rule Western Canada and we will have victory"