PDA

View Full Version : [Signing] Cody Franson signs in Buffalo. 2 year 3.3m AAV

dammage79
09-09-2015, 08:31 PM
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m1 minute ago
UFA D Cody Franson is currently in BUF and expected to finalize on Thursday a two-year contract. AAV is expected to be around $3.3M.

dammage79
09-09-2015, 08:33 PM
Is Sureloss dead? Or just rebooting his software before the season kicks in. This is weird.

thymebalm
09-09-2015, 08:34 PM
Boo. Maybe now we'll get Ferland signed ;)

dieHARDflameZ
09-09-2015, 09:28 PM
I'm sure Oilers fans are crying right now... A lot of their fans had him slotted into their top 4.

KootenayFlamesFan
09-09-2015, 09:45 PM
Pretty decent deal for both sides.

Fire of the Phoenix
09-09-2015, 09:47 PM
You gotta wonder where Franson fits into that young D that is loaded with quality RHD.

Finger Cookin
09-09-2015, 09:54 PM
The summer of our Cody Franson discontent is at last over. Let us try and heal now.

activeStick
09-09-2015, 10:36 PM
Is Sureloss dead? Or just rebooting his software before the season kicks in. This is weird.

Even machines need maintenance time off.

dammage79
09-09-2015, 10:52 PM
You gotta wonder where Franson fits into that young D that is loaded with quality RHD.

On that young core, he'll be top RHD. Ristolainen #2 and so on. Ristolainen is awesome but too much workload could Erik Johnson his career.

Fire of the Phoenix
09-09-2015, 10:56 PM
On that young core, he'll be top RHD. Ristolainen #2 and so on. Ristolainen is awesome but too much workload could Erik Johnson his career.
I would think Bogosian would be their #1 and I doubt their going to put Ristolainen on the third pair. There's also Mark Pysyk to consider. I think by the end of the year he's going to find himself in a similar position he found himself in Nashville.

dammage79
09-09-2015, 11:04 PM
I would think Bogosian would be their #1 and I doubt their going to put Ristolainen on the third pair. There's also Mark Pysyk to consider. I think by the end of the year he's going to find himself in a similar position he found himself in Nashville.

Right, forgot about Bogosian. I'd put Bogosian down on the 3rd pairing purely from an offensive perspective. Night and day difference when comparing offensive production. Then the PP time as well. Franson will likely be the Sabres version of Dennis (Widedog) Wideman

Hackey
09-10-2015, 08:14 AM
Nice pick up for the Sabres. Decent dman and that looks like a very reasonable contract.

dammage79
09-10-2015, 11:00 AM
Will be a good fit for both the team and Franson. Sabres need an established PP QB.

Locke
09-10-2015, 11:02 AM
Thats a good deal, Buffalo is shaping up, no more competing with Edmonton for them!

I think Eichel is going to be huge for them.

Erick Estrada
09-10-2015, 11:19 AM
I actually am starting to like Buffalo's roster more than the Oilers. If Lehner pans out they could surprise.

GranteedEV
09-10-2015, 11:31 AM
I actually am starting to like Buffalo's roster more than the Oilers. If Lehner pans out they could surprise.

Kane-Eichel-Gionta
Ennis-O'Reilly-Girgensons
-Reinhart-
-Legwand-

Gorges-Franson
Weber-Ristolainen
-Bogosian
Pysyk

With that center depth, they could really surprise, but that defense looks pretty bad.

Da_Chief
09-10-2015, 12:15 PM
Kane-Eichel-Gionta
Ennis-O'Reilly-Girgensons
-Reinhart-
-Legwand-

Gorges-Franson
Weber-Ristolainen
-Bogosian
Pysyk

With that center depth, they could really surprise, but that defense looks pretty bad.

It wasn't long ago when they'd drafted Myers (1st, 08), McNabb (3rd, 09), Psysk (1, 10), McCabe (2nd, 12), Ristolainen & Zadarov (1st, 13) and people were drooling over their D prospects.

Myers (dealt to Win), McNabb (to LA), Psysk still trying to make it, McCabe going to his 2nd AHL season, Zadarov (dealt to Col).

I think we really lucked out with Gio and Brodie becoming a great pair. If it wasn't for them last year would've been a struggle. Getting a good defence has to be the most important thing.

SuperMatt18
09-10-2015, 12:20 PM
Wonder if they go with Eichel, O'Reilly, and Girgensons as their centers and look at moving Reinhart.

Have to think you can get a good young d-man in return. Would they have shopped Reinhart to the Bruins for Hamilton...they probably would have thought about it.

They would be set up perfectly if they actually won the lottery that year and ended up with Ekblad.

dammage79
09-10-2015, 12:24 PM
Jake McCabe should make the team this year. Then again I may be wrong. He's wicked good.

Da_Chief
09-10-2015, 12:28 PM
Wonder if they go with Eichel, O'Reilly, and Girgensons as their centers and look at moving Reinhart.

Have to think you can get a good young d-man in return. Would they have shopped Reinhart to the Bruins for Hamilton...they probably would have thought about it.

They would be set up perfectly if they actually won the lottery that year and ended up with Ekblad.

I would switch Reinhart to RW. Gionta can't possibly be a long or short term fix in that top 6.

Kane-O'Reilly-Ennis
Moulson-Eichel-Reinhart
Foligno-Girgensons-McGinn
Legwand-Larrsson-Gionta

Jake McCabe should make the team this year. Then again I may be wrong. He's wicked good.

Possibly but they now have Gorges, Franson, Ristolainen, Bogosian, Weber, Psysk, Donovan right now. Nothing great but McCabe likely doesn't play a lot so minors would be more beneficial for him.