PDA

View Full Version : 2015-16 Season Ticket package -- It's your tix in a box

getbak
09-01-2015, 08:42 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_Si6EMU0AADRDU.jpg

Yesterday, I received the shipping notice for my season tickets for the upcoming season. I was expecting a small booklet like we received last year, and was surprised when this is what showed up...

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff451/getbak815/sth_01_zpscjx2bpzc.jpg

Under the cardboard sleeve...

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff451/getbak815/sth_02_zpsjbjkqi23.jpg

A metal box about 10" x 7" x 2" with the Flames logo and a photo of the C of Red printed on the front.

http://i.imgur.com/WQOnir8.png

Oh my... What wondrous surprise could be inside? Chocolates? Could it be full of Skittles?

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff451/getbak815/sth_03_zpsnpprauig.jpg

Two plastic cards and a 10-page pamphlet about the size of a CD case. The whole contents are about 1/4" deep.

Oh well, no chocolates. No Skittles... at least not until I fill it with Skittles.

OMG, guys... It's almost hockey season again!!!

Badgers Nose
09-01-2015, 08:51 PM
Nice, my boss told me our tickets came in today. Will check em out tomorrow.

September 17 is coming up fast!

Caged Great
09-01-2015, 09:01 PM
Mine came in today as well. Can't wait.

Vinny01
09-01-2015, 09:22 PM
You could put your weed in there

Kiran403
09-02-2015, 08:29 AM
What's in the pamphlet?

getbak
09-02-2015, 08:33 AM
What's in the pamphlet?
Just basic instructions on how to use your ticket card and manage your tickets online.

Fighting Banana Slug
09-02-2015, 08:40 AM
First time season ticket holder. Received the box yesterday as well. It will be a little less fun picking games with my buddies without the nice cardstock tickets, but probably a better system for the Flames.

polak
09-02-2015, 10:05 AM
Aw yeah. My first year with (a share of) season tickets :)

Russic
09-02-2015, 10:30 AM
I'm only hear to congratulate you on coming up with my new favourite thread title.

Hi-Psi
09-02-2015, 04:00 PM
So how does it work for businesses who purchased the seasons to give to clients? They have to print off each set of tickets to each game to give out? That seems stupid...

KevanGuy
09-02-2015, 04:05 PM
The Flames will still print your tickets on plain stock, you just have to ask. It's free again this year.

ThisYear
09-02-2015, 04:45 PM
That is what I don't like the wording in the booklet of "complementary e-ticket forwarding" until next year when ticket tax and tax on tax has to be applied for CalgaryNEXT.

PegCityFlamesFan
09-02-2015, 04:48 PM
Jets have the same thing but you can also get some cards for your group to load games on it. I miss the old ticket system but it's actually pretty easy to manage.

calgarywinning
09-02-2015, 08:53 PM
I like the idea that Peg brings up. The price of these cards is nominal. They should let you buy 2-3 extra and load the games on there. Would be pretty slick.

The whole E-Ticket scenario is a dream for selling tickets, transferring tickets and last minute transactions. It's really so much better than paper stock tickets.

The cards look awesome this year.

Caged Great
09-02-2015, 08:58 PM
I'm calling to get my tickets printed as well, just like I have done since they stopped printing all the tickets.

Probably saves them a quarter million dollars or more to just have the cards instead of the printed tickets.

GullFoss
09-03-2015, 06:20 AM
Disappointing to find KK didn't bake cookies for my tin.

bizaro86
09-03-2015, 12:26 PM
That is what I don't like the wording in the booklet of "complementary e-ticket forwarding" until next year when ticket tax and tax on tax has to be applied for CalgaryNEXT.

This is my biggest concern. Take away the paper tickets, but get cards and free forwarding. Then a few years later there will be a "nominal" charge for forwarding/printing, and now those of us who share tickets are paying a bunch extra over and above the usual price increase.

Robbob
09-03-2015, 12:46 PM
This is my biggest concern. Take away the paper tickets, but get cards and free forwarding. Then a few years later there will be a "nominal" charge for forwarding/printing, and now those of us who share tickets are paying a bunch extra over and above the usual price increase.

You can log in on your cell and take a screen cap of the QR code for the ticket. Just forward the screen cap. I typically do this for my ticket to mitigate any web issues there might be when I am in line to get into the game. The card is my back up. First world problems being to lazy to take the card out of the wallet.

bigbadboss101
09-05-2015, 03:41 PM
I purchased some tickets which were transferred to my Account. How would I see the face value of these tickets?

GullFoss
09-07-2015, 03:22 PM
Print at home to see pdf tickets with face value on them

jar_e
09-07-2015, 06:57 PM
Any pics of the actual tickets?

getbak
09-07-2015, 07:03 PM
Any pics of the actual tickets?

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff451/getbak815/sth_03_zpsnpprauig.jpg

It's the card(s) on the right (I blurred out my name and the bar code).

Bunk
09-08-2015, 08:56 AM
Sharing season tickets with 4 other couples - this new system is much less convenient.

Alberta_Beef
09-08-2015, 08:59 AM
Sharing season tickets with 4 other couples - this new system is much less convenient.well that's bunk

Split98
09-08-2015, 09:34 AM
Sharing season tickets with 4 other couples - this new system is much less convenient.

Unless they allow multiple cards. Then it'll be so much easier than having to transfer around physical tickets if there are any last minute changes.

Rhettzky
09-08-2015, 09:36 AM

What issues are you having?

DionTheDman
09-08-2015, 09:59 AM
Call or email your rep and ask for hard copy printed tickets.

theslymonkey
09-08-2015, 10:30 AM

Does anyone actually use the cards? Everyone I know just uses the Flames app to bring up the tickets on your phone. Or just bring up the PDF on your computer and email it to yourself so you can bring it up on your phone at the Dome.

This system is so much more convenient for transfers and sharing unless you are old school and still want to use a paper ticket.

Robbob
09-08-2015, 01:38 PM
When you are printing the ticket it gives you the option to print the face value.

heep223
09-08-2015, 03:46 PM
Does anyone actually use the cards? Everyone I know just uses the Flames app to bring up the tickets on your phone. Or just bring up the PDF on your computer and email it to yourself so you can bring it up on your phone at the Dome.

This system is so much more convenient for transfers and sharing unless you are old school and still want to use a paper ticket.

I don't understand all the complaining that happens about the new system. It's way more convenient and efficient.

getbak
09-08-2015, 06:37 PM
One thing that people may not know (I discovered it accidentally last season), if you access the QR code through the Flames App and don't actually transfer the tickets, the QR code is the same for each seat for every game of the season.

If you share your tickets with a group, have the account holder login to the account and do a screencap of the QR code. Send that screencap to the other people you share with and you won't have to worry about transferring tickets or generating PDFs or any of that other stuff.

Of course, that will only work if everyone in the group has a smart phone.

Draug
09-09-2015, 01:04 AM
Thanks getbak! I hadn't noticed that. That will be so much easier than all the email transferring.

DionTheDman
09-09-2015, 07:55 AM
One thing that people may not know (I discovered it accidentally last season), if you access the QR code through the Flames App and don't actually transfer the tickets, the QR code is the same for each seat for every game of the season.

If you share your tickets with a group, have the account holder login to the account and do a screencap of the QR code. Send that screencap to the other people you share with and you won't have to worry about transferring tickets or generating PDFs or any of that other stuff.

I guess I could just print out the QR code and tape it to the inside of my StarTAC.

Rhettzky
09-09-2015, 08:05 AM
I guess I could just print out the QR code and tape it to the inside of my StarTAC.

Better yet, get it tattooed on your arm!

flamesrule_kipper34
09-09-2015, 09:53 AM
Is there a way on the Flames' website for ticket forwarding to forward multiple games at once, or does it have to be done game by game?

theslymonkey
09-09-2015, 09:57 AM
Is there a way on the Flames' website for ticket forwarding to forward multiple games at once, or does it have to be done game by game?

You can easily transfer multiple games. Just hit the "Manage more tickets" button.

getbak
09-09-2015, 09:58 AM
Yes, you can forward multiple games at once. It's very easy.

It's a great day 4 hockey
09-09-2015, 10:58 AM
I was hoping a fellow cp member could help me out with this request. I'm wanting to beat the rush for tickets on Friday and was hoping one of you that's not using your promo code could pm it to me.

Many thanks in advance. :)

It's a great day 4 hockey
09-09-2015, 11:15 AM
I was hoping a fellow cp member could help me out with this request. I'm wanting to beat the rush for tickets on Friday and was hoping one of you that's not using your promo code could pm it to me.

That was quick! Great group of people on this site. Thank you again! :)

Simanium
09-09-2015, 11:24 AM
If anyone else has an offer code that they are not using for single game pre-sale, I would love to have it. Thanks so much.

codynw
09-09-2015, 11:24 AM

If this is just a code that lets me order from Ticketmaster before Friday, I would love to get one as well, if possible. I just want to get some decent seats for the home opener.

RobGriff
09-09-2015, 11:25 AM
And I would also love to get my hands on an offer code... Am trying to get seats to the Penguins game.

Flames don't play very many Saturdays at home.

ToraToraTora
09-09-2015, 11:29 AM
There were absolutely no good tickets on the presale for the edmonton or pittsburgh games, and i was on at exactly 10AM.

RobGriff
09-09-2015, 11:30 AM
Don't necessarily need good... but I would be trying to get 4 in a row, haha.

Hockeyguy15
09-09-2015, 11:51 AM
Don't necessarily need good... but I would be trying to get 4 in a row, haha.

Just checked, there were only singles left.

It was hard enough getting 2 seats for the Habs game, I don't even think 4 would have been possible.

RobGriff
09-09-2015, 11:52 AM
Thanks for letting me know.

jar_e
09-09-2015, 12:40 PM
Add me to the list if anyone wants to spare a pre-sale code.

JohnnyT
09-09-2015, 12:43 PM
Me as well. Thanks guys, things like this are why I love this community

RussianSpy
09-09-2015, 01:22 PM
You guys are great. I'm looking for a single ticket if someone is kind enough to pass along a code. Looking for October 17 game vs the Oilers. Doesn't look like there will be much left when they release the rest on Friday, unless they are holding some back.

ToraToraTora
09-09-2015, 01:42 PM
There were only singles and triples at 10AM. For the Oct 17 and Nov 7 games.

Ben_in_Canada
09-09-2015, 07:46 PM
Brutal!
Was looking for seats on the glass against the Sens in Feb and there were only a handful of singles in the lower AND second bowls! I was on right at 10am too. There aren't that many season tickets holders!

squiggs96
09-10-2015, 09:49 AM
Brutal!
Was looking for seats on the glass against the Sens in Feb and there were only a handful of singles in the lower AND second bowls! I was on right at 10am too. There aren't that many season tickets holders!

They are trying to get you to buy packages still, so many tickets are allotted to people buying four or more games. They also want the general public to have access to games, since season ticket holders already have tickets. There have been many complaints in previous years that the season ticket holders are buying up all the good games and then reselling them. By not releasing as many tickets to the STHs, they are giving the general public a better shot at them tomorrow. Codes aren't supposed to be transferred, so if you aren't a season ticket holder, you shouldn't be too bitter that you couldn't use someone else's code.

polak
09-10-2015, 10:09 AM
Heard that face value of PL is going up to $65?? Hah. What a rip! Makes it tempting to sell.

squiggs96
09-10-2015, 10:23 AM
Heard that face value of PL is going up to $65?? Hah. What a rip! Makes it tempting to sell.

If the face value is $65, and people are willing to pay it, how is that a ripoff? If you can sell for over that amount, wouldn't that lead you to say the tickets are underpriced at $65?

polak
09-10-2015, 10:25 AM
If the face value is $65, and people are willing to pay it, how is that a ripoff? If you can sell for over that amount, wouldn't that lead you to say the tickets are underpriced at $65?

I just think it's a rip because it's a steep price to pay for the value of the seats. I don't blame the Flames for charging that much. I'm just sticker-shocked.

heep223
09-10-2015, 02:16 PM
I just think it's a rip because it's a steep price to pay for the value of the seats. I don't blame the Flames for charging that much. I'm just sticker-shocked.

Maybe the PL guys should quit tootin' their own horns about "best value in the dome" etc etc, looks like they listened and adjusted appropriately

Aleks
09-10-2015, 10:56 PM

So is it the same only for games that haven't been transferred? So if I use that code to get to the first 2 and then sell 3 and transfer those, 4 will still be the same as 1 and 2 because I didn't transfer it? Or once I do a transfer they're all altered?? And if I had mine printed, would this still work after I've had them printed?

polak
09-11-2015, 09:58 AM
Maybe the PL guys should quit tootin' their own horns about "best value in the dome" etc etc, looks like they listened and adjusted appropriately

I payed 25 a game and I get food and pop. Still pretty good value for STH. It's just a rip for the people buying at face.

BigFlameDog
09-11-2015, 10:05 AM
Anybody get their 9 game packs yet?

Sec218
09-11-2015, 01:25 PM
As of today when you list your season tickets for re-sale through NHL Exchange they are posted right on the main ticketmaster interactive map. Great feature. The NFL has done this the last couple of seasons.

DionTheDman
09-11-2015, 01:39 PM
With the cut they take though, and with all the other avenues available (Kijiji/CL, Facebook, CP, etc) why would you sell through the ticket exchange? Ticketmaster is such a BS service with their service charges and commission.

homestand
09-11-2015, 04:38 PM
As of today when you list your season tickets for re-sale through NHL Exchange they are posted right on the main ticketmaster interactive map. Great feature. The NFL has done this the last couple of seasons.

Looking at some of the re-sale tickets, you have to wonder if some of them are being sold by the CSEG. Or maybe there is a STH that has 6 or even 8 seats in a row in the lower bowl.

homestand
09-11-2015, 04:52 PM
double post

squiggs96
09-17-2015, 11:06 AM
With the cut they take though, and with all the other avenues available (Kijiji/CL, Facebook, CP, etc) why would you sell through the ticket exchange? Ticketmaster is such a BS service with their service charges and commission.

I'm not saying Ticketmaster is a great thing with their fees and commissions, but I sell through there because I don't want to meet or deal with people from kijiji or craigslist. I also wouldn't want to buy through there, as there are so many scams and frauds going on. Buying through Ticketmaster or StubHub gives both buyers and sellers a 100% guarantee of a secure, safe transaction. The fee you pay for this is steep.

This is why I advocated last year that CP should allow season ticket holders to sell above face value on CP. My basic thought process was I have a set number that I want per ticket. For example I want $200 per pair (face value around $155/pair, STH price about $90/pair) to the Blackhawks game. When I list on Ticketmaster I set my price so that I achieve that amount, which is $224. The buyer sees this, and still has to pay another $48.72, making the amount they paid $272.72. I still receive $200, and Ticketmaster takes $72.72.

Wouldn't it make more sense to allow these transactions to take place here? I still want $200. I have no problem getting this amount on resale sites. Many people on CP buy tickets on these sites. If I can get $200 for the pair here, and they go to a CP member who is likely a Flames fan, and this fan can save $72.72, isn't this a win for everybody? Selling tickets above face value is legal in Alberta, and has been since 2009. I will abide by CP's ticket selling rules whenever I sell tickets, but I think the rule stopping tickets from being sold above face value should be changed. There are many, many people who list tickets here who don't follow the rules. They aren't scalping, but they are breaking a bunch of rules that are rarely enforced, and many don't even read the rules before they post and claim ignorance as a defence.

I'd love to sell all my tickets here, but I have no problem saying that I want more money for a Saturday night Canadiens' game, than I do for a Sunday afternoon Predators' game. For those saying I shouldn't sell above face value, hopefully you ensure you pay the full face value for the games that people are having trouble moving that people don't want to go to. More people want to go to popular games, so I don't see why that game shouldn't cost more.

Fighting Banana Slug
09-17-2015, 11:30 AM
First year season ticket holder. I am splitting with a couple of friends, but there is still a good chance that I won't be able to use all of the tickets (new baby in January). I haven't printed any tickets yet, but do they show a "face value" that is different from what I paid? Same as what is shown on the seating map, I presume?

Sec218
09-17-2015, 11:38 AM
I just sold my seasons tickets for the Oilers game on October 17th on NHL Ticket Exchange (ticketmaster). Premium face value is $214 for the pair, which is the most you are allowed to charge here on CP. I sold them on ticketmaster in less than 24 hours for a 'take home' price of $310 for the pair. They buyer paid close to $400 with all of the ticketmaster fees.
I rather make an extra $100 by listing them on TM.
I still plan on using CP ticket exchange for some non premium games.
Trying to charge premium face value here of CP can be frustrating, with some members expecting only to have to pay regular face value.

Sec218
09-17-2015, 11:44 AM
First year season ticket holder. I am splitting with a couple of friends, but there is still a good chance that I won't be able to use all of the tickets (new baby in January). I haven't printed any tickets yet, but do they show a "face value" that is different from what I paid? Same as what is shown on the seating map, I presume?

Yes, the price that is listed on the ticket is the face value that is shown on the ticketmaster map (without the TM fees).