PDA

View Full Version : Should I split season tickets for Everett Silvertips?

FBI
08-30-2015, 05:20 PM
Does anybody know anything about this team? A buddy of mine is offering me a cheap price for decent tickets to watch half the games.

I know a lot about flames prospects and I feel fairly confident there is nobody of interest from a flames prospect point of view to see there.

I also think Austin Matthews was supposed to play there before he did the Switzerland thing so that might have been cool to see as well.

Appreciate any feedback, have to let the guy know tonight.

curves2000
08-30-2015, 05:34 PM
My personal opinion is that Major Jr. Hockey is excellent entertainment and value for the money.

I am a Flames fan and attend a lot of games at the Dome and away so I personally get my fix in for hockey. Depending on your budget and how often you get to go to the rink to see hockey in person I suspect the value will be quite good and will make for some decent quality hockey.

Another benefit for games that you may not be able to attend would be the donation to local charities, youth centers etc. I am not an expert on US income tax laws but I suspect a tax deduction would be in order for the face value of the tickets in the event you can't attend every game personally. This rate I believe in Canada is 15% In Canada in order to provide financial incentive for people to donate to political parties and events we offer a 75% income tax credit for political donations up to a prescribed max value.

All in all I think being a season ticket holder to a lower cost team like the WHL Silvertips has some good benefits and you can always decline the package next year if your not happy.

N-E-B
08-30-2015, 05:42 PM
I love going to Hitmen or Hurricanes games (depending on where I am living). WHL is a great way to see good hockey for cheap.

Everett may not have anyone of interest (that I can think of off the top of my head), but it gives you the chance to see all the other top prospects when their team comes to town. That's the big draw for me. I usually try go to games against teams with great prospects.

Moneyhands23
08-30-2015, 06:12 PM
Yes! I go to Royals games all the time. Great hockey

GranteedEV
08-30-2015, 06:26 PM
I love going to Hitmen or Hurricanes games (depending on where I am living). WHL is a great way to see good hockey for cheap.

Everett may not have anyone of interest (that I can think of off the top of my head), but it gives you the chance to see all the other top prospects when their team comes to town. That's the big draw for me. I usually try go to games against teams with great prospects.

Hitmen (Karnaukhov) / Wheat Kings (Kylington) only have one game each against Everett.

N-E-B
08-30-2015, 07:18 PM
Hitmen (Karnaukhov) / Wheat Kings (Kylington) only have one game each against Everett.

Yeah the eastern teams don't go to the states very often which sucks.

FBI
08-30-2015, 07:47 PM
Hmm might be worth it just to see kylington once (if he's not put in the ahl)

Vulcan
08-30-2015, 07:57 PM
They've got a former NHL coach in Kevin Constantine and the Habs first round draft choice in defenceman Noah Juulsen. If you like hockey it's good entertainment.

getbak
08-30-2015, 07:58 PM
Brandon's trip to Everett is in late October, so Kylington could very well still be in the pros if the Flames give him some time in Calgary (unlikely), Stockton, or Adirondack to start the season.

The WHL is good hockey. If the price is decent, and you'd actually attend a decent number of games, I'd buy them. How far away from Everett do you live? It looks like they have a nice arena.

FBI
08-30-2015, 08:13 PM
Pretty close to everett, about 5-10 miles. Sounds like whl is good hockey so maybe I'll give it a go. Have to get a babysitter every night which will make each outing an extra $30 though.

flamesfan55
08-31-2015, 06:58 AM
Depends on the price and if your actually going to go to the games. I used to have seasons tickets to the Hitmen and it was great hockey but tough to get out in the shi**y Calgary winters. I know some people get them and then don't really utilize them (like a gym membership lol).

speede5
08-31-2015, 08:42 AM
I really enjoy the WHL. Get to see lots of up-n-comers. The action is exciting because you have great talent mixed in with inexperience and emotional youth, so games can shift quickly.

Resolute 14
08-31-2015, 08:45 AM
Hitmen STH off and on for 10 years now. It's a great brand of hockey, and Everett has a good fan base.

Northendzone
08-31-2015, 12:32 PM
personally, i would not split silvertip tickets.

mostly because i live in calgary

FBI
09-26-2015, 02:33 PM
Hey guys so I ended up going for it.. We are going to split up the games this week, any ideas which games may have potential Calgary ramifications? The only one I can think of is the game against Brandon just in case Kylington is assigned there and playing there. Anything else of interest that I should make sure to get? Thanks in advance.

Alberta_Beef
09-26-2015, 04:01 PM
Hey guys so I ended up going for it.. We are going to split up the games this week, any ideas which games may have potential Calgary ramifications? The only one I can think of is the game against Brandon just in case Kylington is assigned there and playing there. Anything else of interest that I should make sure to get? Thanks in advance.Hitmen (Karnaukhov) and Tigers (Schneider) would have Flames prospects too. Kanzig would also go to the Hitmen if he gets sent down to be an over age player.

I think I read Red Deer & Brandon are expected to be the best teams in the East.