PDA

View Full Version : GAME 9: STAMPEDERS vs Winnipeg Blue Bombers

OzSome
08-29-2015, 11:10 AM
GAME TIME: Saturday, August 29 4:00pm at Investor Group Field in Winnipeg
TV: TSN & ESPN3

Stampeders is playing another team coming off a bye week. They are also playing another rookie QB, which I really don't like especially the way Stamps play against them in the past few seasons. For some reason, Stamps defense just kind of take it easy on the rookie QB. This is the second game Robert Marve will start for the Bombers but Stamps actually faced him a couple of season ago in relief of Brian Brohm I believe. Looks like former Stamps LB Jasper Simmons will not dress for the game today.

Calgary Stampeders beat Winnipeg Blue Bombers at McMahon on Game 4 this season in a very close game 26-25.

OFFENSE:
QB Bo Levi Mitchell threw for 303 yards and 3 TDs last week against the Riders. It was also the first time he threw an INT after a few games mistake-free. RB Matt Walter finally had a monster game this season vs the Riders rushing 20 times for 110 rushing yards. It was the way he ran the ball that impressed me. I was actually starting to doubt the guy because ever since Cornish went on injury, our running game was nowhere to be found. The other RB Tory Harrison contributed with 2 carries for 15 yards but he caught the ball twice and scored 2 TDs. R Eric Rogers caught another TD pass last week giving him 7 for the season. Rogers scored at least 1 TD every game except Game 2 against Montreal since he started playing for the Stamps late last season. LG Shane Bergman is back in the lineup, unfortunately he will take Paul Swiston's spot who were anxious to play against his former team.

DEFENSE:
Our defense is starting to get hot again. Against Ottawa they did not give up a TD. Last week they were not as good but they still stopped the Riders from winning last game with their stingy defense. DB Brandon Smith led the defense with 2 tackles, 1 INT, 1 QB sack and 1 knockdown vs Riders. Looks like DB Joe Burnett is taking advantage of his chance after taking Buddy Jackson's spot who is nursing an injury at this time. Burnett has been playing well and the only negative thing he did so far as a starter was messing up the coverage last week against the Riders late in the game. That was his man who caught the ball wide open in the 4th quarter. Riders scored after that play. DE Charleston Hughes will miss the game vs Winnipeg due to injury and he is being replace by Brandon Boudreaux.

SPECIAL TEAM:
After that dirty clothesline hit by the Riders Richards on returner Tim Brown, I was surprised Brown came back and play after that hit. Tim Brown actually have been playing well lately but those Special Team blockers penalties are just killing his momentum. Last week he returned for a TD only to be called back by an illegal block. K Rene Paredes was perfect 4 for 4 last week which is a good sign that he is probably regaining his form again. Paredes has been struggling this season so far but he is slowly picking up lately. P Rob Maver been playing well this season with his directional punts. Unfortunately one of his punt were blocked and Riders ended up scoring a TD. Not his fault though. Coverage team have been good lately. The only thing Special Team need to do now is avoid the dumb illegal block or holding penalties on the return.

INs and OUTs:

IN: #40 DB Dexter Janke(2015 draft pick), LG #60 Shane Bergman, WR #84 Greg Wilson, DE #98 Brandon Boudreaux and DE #95 Freddie Bishop III.

OUT: DE #39 Charleston Hughes, DB #32 Tevaughn Campbell, OL#54 Paul Swiston, WR #85 Joe West

I hope our defense will pressure Robert Marve all game. The guy is a good scrambler and have a decent throw so not giving him any pressure might kick the team in the behind. We also need another good running game from Walter and Harrison so our offense will get another options. I am also hoping to see WR Greg Wilson have a big game. Last time he played he caught a nice pass by BLM but he dropped some easy ball as well.

GO STAMPS GO!!!!

Flickered Flame
08-29-2015, 04:02 PM
Disappointed that Simmons won't play. Was looking forward to someone smashing him in the mouth.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

KootenayFlamesFan
08-29-2015, 04:13 PM
That was a low percentage pass. Ouch.

MissTeeks
08-29-2015, 04:21 PM
And they get it back. Good!!

JiriHrdina
08-29-2015, 04:29 PM
This announcing duo is sooooo much better than Rod Black and Duane Ford

troutman
08-29-2015, 04:35 PM
Another blocked punt. Clean it up.

MissTeeks
08-29-2015, 04:36 PM
Bah. Two blocked punts in two weeks. No good.

Enoch Root
08-29-2015, 04:41 PM
EVERY announcing duo IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL is sooooo much better than Rod Black and Duane Ford

fyp

OzSome
08-29-2015, 04:51 PM
Love the way the defense is playing right now. They are pursuing Robert Mavre a lot so far. The guy can run and throw so they have to be careful.

OzSome
08-29-2015, 04:54 PM
Mitchell would have continue running for first instead of slowing down. He had lots of room.

OzSome
08-29-2015, 05:04 PM
Wow, what a lame holding penalty on Rogers.

OzSome
08-29-2015, 05:05 PM
What a waste of Rogers 36 yard reception. A couple of penalties killed it.

MissTeeks
08-29-2015, 05:06 PM
This game is a bit of a sloppy mess.

OzSome
08-29-2015, 05:10 PM
Freaking dumb penalties is getting annoying. Great defense on DLine and a sack only to be nullified by dumb penalty by Josh Bell.

OzSome
08-29-2015, 05:13 PM
What a surprise!! Another illegal blocking penalty on a good return by Tim Brown. Tired of this special team crappy penalties.

troutman
08-29-2015, 05:17 PM
6 sacks already. Tackle Hunger.

8 sacks at the half.

OzSome
08-29-2015, 05:25 PM
Both defense are dominating the games so far. Stamps offense is getting sloppy and blew a few opportunities with either penalties or just bad plays. Only good thing about Stamps offense was Eric Rogers with over 100 yards already and Greg Wilson caught a couple of passes already. Running plays is pretty much abandoned again in this game because of the Bombers defending the line. Looks like it is going to be a low scoring game tonight.

dirk diggler
08-29-2015, 05:28 PM
Stamps focusing too much on Rogers, who is playing fantastic. need to get McDaniel and Fuller involved too

OzSome
08-29-2015, 05:33 PM
6 sacks already. Tackle Hunger.

8 sacks. 4 sacks per team. Wow.

troutman
08-29-2015, 05:38 PM
Can we have just one return in the CFL without a penalty?

OzSome
08-29-2015, 05:40 PM
Yes!! Interception by Jamar Wall for a touchdown.

troutman
08-29-2015, 05:41 PM
Why ever go for one point convert if success rate for two points is over 70%?

OzSome
08-29-2015, 05:42 PM
Can we have just one return in the CFL without a penalty?

I agree!! Referees are really tight on return team so far this season. A little push or a little hold and the flag comes out right away.

OzSome
08-29-2015, 05:52 PM
TD Moniz!!

troutman
08-29-2015, 05:53 PM
I agree!! Referees are really tight on return team so far this season. A little push or a little hold and the flag comes out right away.

I'm not blaming the refs. This is poor discipline and coaching.

MissTeeks
08-29-2015, 05:55 PM
Anyone know why Tate isn't running the short yardage plays? Is he hurt?

OzSome
08-29-2015, 05:59 PM
Another illegal block by Stamps on the return. Mark Kilam need to start fining the players guilty of illegal block and holding penalty.

OzSome
08-29-2015, 06:15 PM
Anyone know why Tate isn't running the short yardage plays? Is he hurt?

I think with the way QBs are going down like flies they didn't want to risk their insurance guy to injury. Besides with Moniz running the short yardage they have other option that just plunging for the first down.

MissTeeks
08-29-2015, 06:16 PM
What a catch.

OzSome
08-29-2015, 06:17 PM
What a grab by Jeff Fuller for a TD!!! That wasn't a good pass by Mitchell but Fuller juggled it and hanged on the ball.

OzSome
08-29-2015, 07:02 PM
Awesome 2nd half for Stampeders and ended up scoring 28 points and defense only gave up 5 points. Final score 36-8. Hats off to defense for stopping Winnipeg's offense. The DLine totally dominated the Bombers' OLine and pressured Robert Mavre all night. Defense also shut down the Bombers' running plays and also scored an interception for a TD. Offense was kind of sloppy in the first half but they turned it around in the second half. Only negative part on this game is Eric Rogers not scoring a touchdown tonight but he was very impressive catching 150+ yards. I am very impressed with the rookie R Lamar Durant and R Greg Wilson tonight. DT Micah Johnson looks like he is back in his form. Awesome win!

troutman
08-29-2015, 07:05 PM
Walter was rested with a bad ankle.

Flickered Flame
08-29-2015, 07:25 PM
It sounds like Walter has the flu. As for Tate in short yardage, early in the season he failed to convert several 3rd and short situations. BLM took those plays for 1 game and now they've switched to Moniz.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

You Need a Thneed
08-29-2015, 07:27 PM
Bring on the Eskimos.

dash_pinched
08-30-2015, 09:56 AM
I am very impressed with the rookie R Lamar Durant and R Greg Wilson tonight.

Couldn't believe the Stamps luck when Durant was still available at pick 18 in the draft. TSN's Farhan Lalji called him the steal of the draft at the time and it looks like he was right. As for Greg Wilson, I really like him as well, Stamps with a nice problem having a glut of talented receivers.