PDA

View Full Version : All time Jays: The Pen

JiriHrdina
08-27-2015, 09:30 PM
Same rules as for the rotation, please pick 5 guys only.

JiriHrdina
08-27-2015, 09:33 PM
I went with
Henke - Closer
Ward - set-up
Timlin - 7th inning
Plesac - Veteran Lefty
Eihccorn - Crazy delivery

Lots of guys from WS team, but that Pen was great.
Danny Cox was a guy that I thought hard about.

KootenayFlamesFan
08-27-2015, 10:18 PM
Henke and Ward were no-brainers fro me, what a duo. After that it got tougher. I picked Escobar, Quantrill and Janssen.

Sylvanfan
08-27-2015, 10:29 PM
I picked Scott Downs he was a great high leverage 7th and 8th inning guy and a lefty to boot. Ward and Henke are givens. I took Wells for long relief. I took Acker because....well he was around for a long time.

The Big Chill
08-27-2015, 10:34 PM
I put Koch on my list, although that is probably going with my heart over my head. The guy was one of the best part of watching the Jays when he was on his game. He was intimidating with his 100mph fastball, and I loved seeing him come in for the save.

JiriHrdina
08-27-2015, 10:40 PM
Jim Acker was terrible Syl. TERRIBLE.

KootenayFlamesFan
08-27-2015, 11:26 PM
I was close to putting Koch on my list as well, but we was such a jerk to the Jays at the end of his career I couldn't do it.

Cali Panthers Fan
08-28-2015, 05:18 AM
Henke, Ward, Timlin...then it got hard.

Frasor for his many years of excellent work in middle relief. Middle relievers get no glory but do all the heavy lifting in the bullpen.

Janssen for having some dominant years as the closer by default and being a very good middle reliever before that. Not bad for a guy who had some major surgeries after failing to stick as a starting pitcher.

Dan02
08-28-2015, 07:39 AM
Henke, Ward, Timlin, Plesac and Quantrill

Enoch Root
08-28-2015, 09:42 AM
Henke, Ward, Timlin...then it got hard.

Frasor for his many years of excellent work in middle relief. Middle relievers get no glory but do all the heavy lifting in the bullpen.

Janssen for having some dominant years as the closer by default and being a very good middle reliever before that. Not bad for a guy who had some major surgeries after failing to stick as a starting pitcher.
That was the only 3 I was sure about

habernac
08-28-2015, 09:45 AM
how are Henke and Ward not 100%?

Loved watching Ward pitch. He was always sweating profusely, looked like he was diffusing a bomb up there.

Parallex
08-28-2015, 10:01 AM
Ward and Henke because obvious choice is obvious. Downs for a Lefty, Janssen because he gave me exactly what I wanted out of a designated 9th inning guy (3 drama free outs), I gave the last spot to Quantrill because... why not.

Sylvanfan
08-28-2015, 12:58 PM
Jim Acker was terrible Syl. TERRIBLE.

I guarantee there is an old bullpen seat from exhibition stadium that still smells like his farts. He was on the team forever....you need someone to be a prankster in the bullpen and occasionally give up 6 runs in 3 innings after the rest of guys went on a big bender the night before.

Acker is the guy to do that.