PDA

View Full Version : Ralph Strangess retiring from broadcast booth

Displaced Flames fan
08-26-2015, 11:20 AM
The best color team in hockey is no more. Just heard that Ralph Strangess is leaving as the Stars PBP man. Strangess and Daryl Reaugh are the best duo in the league and I loved listening to them. Will be replaced by Dave Strader.

Southside
08-26-2015, 11:49 AM
Off topic, noticed you're in Kalispell. Nice town, we try to go down once or twice per year for a weekend. Dollar not on our side lately. I would assume the Kalispell economy has noticed.

KootenayFlamesFan
08-26-2015, 01:05 PM
It will be strange not hearing Strangess call their games any more. I love that duo.

dobbles
08-26-2015, 01:55 PM
this happened months ago....

http://www.thestarsfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9381&sid=5535b1b4d07af37e2c2a914bc6f02370

Ralph called the Hardline seconds after this was announced. He sounds happy and upbeat.

--------------

He wants to try something else. Has been in the same seat for 25 years. Talked about all the great people he worked with on the broadcast side and with the team (no mention of Razor).

Has a lot of interests. Likes theater, writing, filmmaking. Wants different challenges.

Will keep watching games.

Ralph hasn't thought about options. Not saying if he'll stay in Dallas. Not sure if he would go with another play by play job.

Reading the Jon Stewart stuff hit home. He has thought about it for a while.

Displaced Flames fan
08-28-2015, 01:49 PM
Off topic, noticed you're in Kalispell. Nice town, we try to go down once or twice per year for a weekend. Dollar not on our side lately. I would assume the Kalispell economy has noticed.

Its my hometown and I was back there for a year recently, but moved back to Kansas in June of 2014. I haven't changed my location...probably won't!! I hope to go back in the next 2-4 years permanently.

I am sure the economy has suffered from the lower Canadian dollar as well as from the wildfire effect that has shut Highway 2 down at times as well as Going to the Sun. Bad summer.

kootenayguy9
08-28-2015, 03:31 PM
Before he became a PBP announcer for the Stars he was on Press Your Luck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO6ho2vXeNQ