PDA

View Full Version : Bundesliga 15/16

GirlySports
07-29-2015, 07:41 PM
Sportsnet has secured the tv rights for the Bundesliga!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/germany-german-bundesliga-sportsnet-bayenr-munich/

Howie_16
07-29-2015, 07:53 PM
That's awesome! I'm looking forward to watching Hamburg play in HD and not having to rely on illegal Russian streaming sites!

I'm also heading to Germany next month for a wedding, and a buddy of mine and I will be at the FC Bayern-Hamburg SV game on August 14! NUR DER HSV!

White Out 403
07-30-2015, 06:44 AM
Frankfurt has gorgeous new kits!

Luder
07-30-2015, 07:06 AM
Finally get Bundesliga coverage, and Schweini doesn't play for Bayern anymore :(

CroFlames
07-30-2015, 10:50 AM
Best league in the world.

Locke
08-15-2015, 11:59 AM
What a lopsided weekend in der Bundesliga.

Bayern make Hamburger out of Hamburg's defence 5-0.

Schalke shred Bremen 3-0.

And right now after 70 minutes Borussia are hammering Borussia 4-0.

Locke
08-31-2015, 01:57 PM
Great weekend in der Bundesliga.

Bayern and Dortmund still going head-to-head which is fantastic to see and Wolfsburg sell off De Bruyne but pickup Chicharito and Dante which is a good bit of business for them.

Looks like Muller is going after the top-scorer award this season.

devo22
08-31-2015, 02:01 PM
Wolfsburg didn't pickup Chicharito - Leverkusen did. Wolfsburg bought Draxler.

I think Leverkusen have done really well, selling Son for a lot of money and bringing in Chicharito and Kampl instead. Should definitely help them. Too bad that their other new player Aranguiz tore his achilles tendon last week.

Horrible few days for Wolfsburg though. They have lost their two best attacking players in De Bruyne and Perisic (who has joined Inter). Dante is well past it and Draxler has been underwhelming for a couple of years now, yet still they paid A LOT of money for him now. Reckon they won't be able to challenge Bayern, Dortmund and Leverkusen this year.

Locke
08-31-2015, 02:10 PM
Wolfsburg didn't pickup Chicharito - Leverkusen did. Wolfsburg bought Draxler.

I think Leverkusen have done really well, selling Son for a lot of money and bringing in Chicharito and Kampl instead. Should definitely help them. Too bad that their other new player Aranguiz tore his achilles tendon last week.

Horrible few days for Wolfsburg though. They have lost their two best attacking players in De Bruyne and Perisic (who has joined Inter). Dante is well past it and Draxler has been underwhelming for a couple of years now, yet still they paid A LOT of money for him now. Reckon they won't be able to challenge Bayern, Dortmund and Leverkusen this year.

You're right, I re-read what I wrote and I'm thinking, 'WTF, Chicharito went to Leverkusen and I forgot to mention Draxler...'

I was composing another post in another window and lost focus. My apologies.

I didnt see the fee for Draxler, I thought that was a good pickup.

I also didnt realize that Dortmund let Blaszczykowski and Grosskreutz go. Those are huge losses but they obviously arent feeling the effects.

M*A*S*H 4077
08-31-2015, 06:33 PM
Personally I think that Wolfsburg has done alright. Dante + Draxler + cash seems to be an ok response to selling De Bruyne. I think Dante can still be serviceable and the Bayern fans turned on him too harshly

devo22
08-31-2015, 06:37 PM
Personally I think that Wolfsburg has done alright. Dante + Draxler + cash seems to be an ok response to selling De Bruyne. I think Dante can still be serviceable and the Bayern fans turned on him too harshly
yeah but don't forget that they lost Perisic too who was excellent for them last season. Even if Draxler rebounds, he surely can't replace both De Bruyne and Perisic ...

Dante seems like a weird transfer to me. They already have Naldo, Knoche and Klose, which looks like a good enough centre back corps. Not sure they even need Dante and not sure if he'll even start for them.

M*A*S*H 4077
08-31-2015, 06:40 PM
yeah but don't forget that they lost Perisic too who was excellent for them last season. Even if Draxler rebounds, he surely can't replace both De Bruyne and Perisic ...

Dante seems like a weird transfer to me. They already have Naldo, Knoche and Klose, which looks like a good enough centre back corps. Not sure they even need Dante and not sure if he'll even start for them.
Totally missed the Perisic news. They must be banking on Schurrle scoring goals for them

Locke
09-11-2015, 02:22 PM
'Gladbach turned to hamburger by Hamburg.

Neat to see that John Djourou can still find work.

devo22
09-11-2015, 02:25 PM
what the hell is going on at Gladbach? They were great to watch last season, how can a team fall from grace like that so quickly?

Locke
09-11-2015, 02:29 PM
what the hell is going on at Gladbach? They were great to watch last season, how can a team fall from grace like that so quickly?

I dunno, the same way a team like Dortmund go from Champions League spots to a relegation battle and back again with largely the same group of players.

It madness! Madness I tell you!

Howie_16
09-11-2015, 03:16 PM
I enjoyed being able to watch the Hamburg win over die Fohlen online through Sportsnet World over my lunch hour! NUR DER HSV!

devo22
09-20-2015, 12:07 PM
After losing their fifth game in a row yesterday (0-1 vs Cologne), Lucien Favre stepped down as Gladbach manager today. Pretty shocking to be honest, didn't think he'd just give up that quickly. After all, he helped build that team over the last few years and I'm sure he could have turned this around.

Johnny199r
09-20-2015, 03:54 PM
Hope Dortmund can beat Bayern...

Locke
09-22-2015, 01:14 PM
Lewy off the bench tearing Wolfsburg apart. 2 goals in less than 60 seconds.

Bad day for Wolfsburg, first the VW scandal and now this.

VladtheImpaler
09-22-2015, 01:21 PM
5!

M*A*S*H 4077
09-22-2015, 01:25 PM
That must be some sort of record for Lewy???

Maybe this will be enough to take the top of the table

Locke
09-22-2015, 01:33 PM
Wow. Does Lewandowsky drive a VW and hes out for some sweet, sweet vengeance or something? Holy crap, he is single-handedly putting the boots to Wolfsburg.

Unreal. 5 goals in a single game.

Every Wolfsburg player on the field is shell-shocked.

Well....except for Dante, hes thinking 'here we go again...'

VladtheImpaler
09-22-2015, 02:07 PM
If he actually tried a bit more at the end, would have easily had 7 or 8. He passed out of an easy shot at 6, missed a gimme, and had Dante block after a sweet set up from Muller. Could have been truly epic. That said I do not recall ever seeing anyone score 5 before (as in ever see it - I obviously know it has happened).

devo22
09-22-2015, 02:07 PM
5 goals in 9 minutes is simply ridiculous. A performance for the record books for sure.

cam_wmh
09-22-2015, 02:11 PM
Wow. Does Lewandowsky drive a VW and hes out for some sweet, sweet vengeance or something? Holy crap, he is single-handedly putting the boots to Wolfsburg.

Unreal. 5 goals in a single game.

Every Wolfsburg player on the field is shell-shocked.

Well....except for Dante, hes thinking 'here we go again...'

Reigning Ballon d'Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo scored 5 just a couple weeks ago vs Espanyol.

Of course not nearly as fast as Lewy, and especially just not as good as that of that pure goal scorer Aguero.

polak
09-22-2015, 03:15 PM
Lewaaaaaa.

Video up yet any where?

devo22
09-22-2015, 03:19 PM
Lewaaaaaa.

Video up yet any where?
here you go (http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2015/09/22/bayern-munich-vs-wolfsburg-highlights-full-match/)

saved his best for last, absolutely brilliant.

polak
09-22-2015, 03:55 PM
That last goal was nuts. The third one reminded me of a Fifa goal.

d_phaneuf
09-22-2015, 10:48 PM
the last 2 were unbelievable, that cross from Lahm was absolutely perfect too

Locke
09-22-2015, 10:53 PM
That last goal was nuts. The third one reminded me of a Fifa goal.

Unquestionably corrupt?

polak
09-22-2015, 11:55 PM
Unquestionably corrupt?

Haha my bad. Meant the video game.

Howie_16
09-23-2015, 12:36 PM
While most people were watching Lewandowsky fill the net, I was watching Hamburg take all 3 points in an away victory, 1-0 over Ingolstadt. NUR DER HSV! :)

SuperMatt18
09-23-2015, 12:45 PM
Haha my bad. Meant the video game.

Thought the same thing when I first saw it too.

Off the post, bounces funny, try again, get blocked, ball kind of floats in the middle of three people, and tap it in for the goal.

That is right out of Fifa 14 for sure.

Locke
10-08-2015, 08:49 AM
As of today it appears that Robben and Ribery have returned to training.

Can they even get back into the team?

M*A*S*H 4077
10-08-2015, 09:18 AM
As of today it appears that Robben and Ribery have returned to training.

Can they even get back into the team?
Robben will get back into the starting XI at some point. Ribery might be in tough. Costa has been unreal and is probably the best transfer from the past transfer season.

Locke
10-08-2015, 09:23 AM
Robben will get back into the starting XI at some point. Ribery might be in tough. Costa has been unreal and is probably the best transfer from the past transfer season.

I'm joking of course, they'll both get their spots within reason. But how do you take a team thats undefeated and change it?

Thats going to take some ballsy coaching decisions.

M*A*S*H 4077
10-08-2015, 09:31 AM
I'm joking of course, they'll both get their spots within reason. But how do you take a team thats undefeated and change it?

Thats going to take some ballsy coaching decisions.
Joking or not I think there is some validity to the question. Lewandowsksi is absolutely on fire and I think that is in part due to the fact that he is getting more balls sent his way rather than Robbery running past defenders. Muller may be the best player in the world right now and you have to wonder if the more direct style Bayern is playing will change when Robbery comes back.

Locke
11-07-2015, 12:54 PM
This is a big issue that I've got with Bayern, they've done it last two seasons and its been very obvious in their last two games against Arsenal and now Stuttgart.

They come out of the blocks hard score a few and put the game to bed and then just mail in the rest.

As soon as they were up 3-0 against Arsenal it was foot off the gas and away they go. Same thing today, they burned Stuttgart 4-0 in the first half and then flicked on the Cruise Control.

Same thing the last two seasons, they wrap up the league early and then mail the rest in but they start faltering when they've still got CL games to play and they arent sharp and get killed.

Pep's got to sort this out.

devo22
11-07-2015, 01:27 PM
yeah, how dare they "switch off" after being up 4-0 after 40 minutes :rolleyes:

really hated this game as someone who has always kinda liked Stuttgart. Two Bayern goals were offside and of course then a good Stuttgart goal is wrongly waved off for offside. What a joke, that linesman was all sorts of terrible.

Locke
11-07-2015, 01:34 PM
yeah, how dare they "switch off" after being up 4-0 after 40 minutes :rolleyes:

really hated this game as someone who has always kinda liked Stuttgart. Two Bayern goals were offside and of course then a good Stuttgart goal is wrongly waved off for offside. What a joke, that linesman was all sorts of terrible.

Its boring man. Did you watch the last 25 minutes against Arsenal? They were just walking around kind of half-assed passing the ball around.

devo22
11-07-2015, 01:36 PM
Its boring man. Did you watch the last 25 minutes against Arsenal? They were just walking around kind of half-assed passing the ball around.
honestly, no. I don't watch a lot of Bayern games because, to me, they are all pretty boring ;)

Locke
01-22-2016, 02:34 PM
First game of the Ruckerunde and of course Lewy gets 2 for Bayern.

polak
01-22-2016, 02:56 PM
That deflection was nice.

M*A*S*H 4077
04-02-2016, 12:10 PM
Dortmund - Bremen are at 2-2 with 10 minutes left. This has been one of the best matches I've seen this season. Dortmund are all over Bremen but Bremen scored off a lucky deflection and then a quick counter to take a 2-1 lead and then Kagawa levelled for Dortmund a couple minutes later.

And Dortmund just scored off a corner to take a 3-2 lead. What a match!

M*A*S*H 4077
05-15-2016, 06:35 AM
I'm not sure a person has ever seen true sporting devastation until they have looked into the eyes of a fan who's team has just been relegated. I am fortunate to have been at the Wolfsburg - Stuttgart match yesterday, those Stuttgart fans were devastated.

devo22
05-15-2016, 06:54 AM
Stuttgart has always been "my" team in Germany. This is heartbreaking, but hardly surprising. Years of mismanagement finally takes its toll.

Hopefully they can come back up quickly, but it won't be easy. Didavi is already gone and I'm sure guys like Kostic won't stay either. Hopefully leaders like Gentner and Die will ... Großkreutz has already stated that he will stay.