PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football 2015 Thread

Pages : [1] 2

rubecube
07-13-2015, 01:22 PM
I just wanted to start up a general discussion thread, but the CP leaguers can post their info in here if they want. Would anyone be interested in doing a CP cash league this year? I'm not sure how the logistics of that would work or if site rules allow it, but I don't mind being the admin/commish for it if people are interested. I currently run another cash league between 12 of my buddies, so I have the experience (not that experience is really necessary).

Anyways, my live draft is just over a month away and I'm getting pretty amped for it. We're a PPR league and I'm debating employing a zero RB draft strategy this year.

Pagal4321
07-13-2015, 01:38 PM
Anyways, my live draft is just over a month away and I'm getting pretty amped for it. We're a PPR league and I'm debating employing a zero RB draft strategy this year.

Followed this draft strategy last year in my keeper league. I finished the year with Tre Mason, Knile Davis, Latavius Murray, Jermey Hill and Mark Ingram as my running backs. Ended up finishing 3rd thanks to Demariyus Thomas, Jordy Nelson & Mike Evans.

rubecube
07-13-2015, 02:05 PM
Followed this draft strategy last year in my keeper league. I finished the year with Tre Mason, Knile Davis, Latavius Murray, Jermey Hill and Mark Ingram as my running backs. Ended up finishing 3rd thanks to Demariyus Thomas, Jordy Nelson & Mike Evans.

Yeah, I tried a VBD strategy last year and finished 4th in mine. Did you play PPR? I'm drafting 10th overall in my league, so the odds of drafting two stud RBs is pretty minimal, but I could easily grab two stud WRs. Our rosters are QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, W/R/T Flex, so getting 2-3 top-end WRs in the early rounds would be pretty huge.

rubecube
07-13-2015, 02:12 PM
For those who want to kill some time with draft simulators, this site is pretty good.

http://draftwizard.fantasypros.com/simulator/?sport=nfl

Fozzie_DeBear
07-14-2015, 07:45 AM
Do you use snake or auction drafting? I'm really interested in trying an auction style and my primary pool won't change.

RB is pretty deep this year.

Pagal4321
07-14-2015, 09:02 AM
Yeah, I tried a VBD strategy last year and finished 4th in mine. Did you play PPR? I'm drafting 10th overall in my league, so the odds of drafting two stud RBs is pretty minimal, but I could easily grab two stud WRs. Our rosters are QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, W/R/T Flex, so getting 2-3 top-end WRs in the early rounds would be pretty huge.

It's a PPR league, my WRs & TEs and constant luck with RBs pretty much carried me all year.

FLAMESRULE
07-14-2015, 09:29 AM
I traded for Jordan Mathews to replace Brandon Marshall this year...apparently Marshall has ZERO trade value in a 14 team PPR league w/ 6 keepers. I did win it last year, so maybe that's why.

Team 1: Ryan / Lacy / CJ Anderson / Brown / Mathews

My other team is struggling...its a 16 team, 5 keeper PPR league. Have been destroyed by injuries and idiots (Gordon).

Team 2: Luck / Hill / Forsett / Tate / Hopkins

I love this time of year :D:D

rubecube
07-14-2015, 12:50 PM
I traded for Jordan Mathews to replace Brandon Marshall this year...apparently Marshall has ZERO trade value in a 14 team PPR league w/ 6 keepers. I did win it last year, so maybe that's why.

Team 1: Ryan / Lacy / CJ Anderson / Brown / Mathews

I definitely wouldn't trade Mathews for Marshall straight up in a keeper PPR league this year. I think you got a steal.

FLAMESRULE
07-15-2015, 07:27 AM
I definitely wouldn't trade Mathews for Marshall straight up in a keeper PPR league this year. I think you got a steal.

Sorry, to be more clear, I got Mathews for Gio Bernard and an 8th...I am trying to dump Marshall for any pick...but no one wants him. I am quite happy with Mathews as well!!

rubecube
07-15-2015, 10:12 AM
Sorry, to be more clear, I got Mathews for Gio Bernard and an 8th...I am trying to dump Marshall for any pick...but no one wants him. I am quite happy with Mathews as well!!

That's bizarre. I've never played a keeper league so I might be a bit off but I would think Marshall would be worth anywhere from a 4th to an 8th. I have a feeling the Jets offense is going to be a lot better than people think this year. I might even take a flier on Geno as my backup QB.

That said, who are everyone's "sleeper" picks this year? Sleeper for me means ADP in the 11th round or higher. Mine look something like this:

QBs - Bradford, Geno, Palmer, Winston
RBs - Sims, Duke Johnson, Zac Stacy, Dan Herron
WRs - Garcon, Quick, Stills, Huff
TEs - Eifert, Donnell, Ebron, Davis

FLAMESRULE
07-15-2015, 11:11 AM
Rube, keeper leagues are great. Both those teams are playing for about $1000. I do find almost every GM overrates their ability to draft. Marshall is a top WR and is a wr1 in NY. He should get at least a 7th because he will be a top 5-8 pick guaranteed. 14 teams and can keep 6, there isn't much for proven talent that is available in te draft...it boggles my mind.

From your list I like Bradford (stay healthy!), Sims, all the WR, and Eifert.

rubecube
07-15-2015, 11:20 AM
Rube, keeper leagues are great. Both those teams are playing for about $1000. I do find almost every GM overrates their ability to draft. Marshall is a top WR and is a wr1 in NY. He should get at least a 7th because he will be a top 5-8 pick guaranteed. 14 teams and can keep 6, there isn't much for proven talent that is available in te draft...it boggles my mind.

From your list I like Bradford (stay healthy!), Sims, all the WR, and Eifert.

Yeah, my league is winner takes all (so $600). I wouldn't mind bumping up the entry fee to $100 and doing and doing a 70-20-10 payout but we have a few deadbeats in the league who can barely scrounge up $50 on draft day. We've talked about turning it into a keeper league but we also have a lot of muppets in the league who don't really understand it and are afraid of change. I think I've finally won the fight to allow pick-trading during the draft this year, and I've been fighting for it for at least three years now.

Da_Chief
07-15-2015, 11:34 AM
We're doing keepers for the first time and adding money to the league as well this year.

The highest scoring team each week will also be getting some money. There's some money for semi-final losers and final loser too. $50 entry. The League champ won't win huge but he will get the league trophy plus some cash.

Fozzie_DeBear
07-16-2015, 02:00 PM
Yeah, my league is winner takes all (so $600). I wouldn't mind bumping up the entry fee to $100 and doing and doing a 70-20-10 payout but we have a few deadbeats in the league who can barely scrounge up $50 on draft day. We've talked about turning it into a keeper league but we also have a lot of muppets in the league who don't really understand it and are afraid of change. I think I've finally won the fight to allow pick-trading during the draft this year, and I've been fighting for it for at least three years now.

I have the exact same problem with trying to move from snake to auction in my league. Sooooooo frustrating

jeep991
07-18-2015, 01:51 PM
Is it just me or is this trade kind of lopsided?
Tom Brady, Isaiah Crowell, and Davante Adams for Jamaal Charles, Aaron Rodgers and Adam Vinatieri.

Jason14h
07-18-2015, 01:59 PM
Having switch 1 of my 4 to an auction league, they are 100% more fun for the drafts

Getting people to switch is difficult! Just be a dictator!

Fozzie_DeBear
07-18-2015, 04:50 PM
Tom Brady, Isaiah Crowell, and Davante Adams for Jamaal Charles, Aaron Rodgers and Adam Vinatieri.

Extremely lopsided

rubecube
07-19-2015, 01:10 AM

That would start a fist fight in my league.

jeep991
07-19-2015, 12:57 PM
Extremely lopsided
That would start a fist fight in my league.

Thank you. I don't normally complain about other people's trades because I figure if someone wants to make a bad trade it is their right. But this stacks the one guys team and affects everyone in the league. i voted against the trade and I left a message on the board. Hopefully others will vote against it as well. But this is just some random league I joined for fun before the CP league kicks off, so oh well.

Cheerio
07-20-2015, 01:04 AM
Picking 4th in my 14 team league. Gonna grab whichever of Bell, Peterson, Lacy and Charles is left over I guess

rubecube
07-20-2015, 04:02 PM
Honestly, I'd seriously consider Antonio Brown if I were drafting first overall this year.

Fozzie_DeBear
07-20-2015, 05:50 PM
What's the earliest round you would Gronk?

Da_Chief
07-20-2015, 10:40 PM
12-16 team league? 1st round.

Fozzie_DeBear
07-20-2015, 11:19 PM
Good point about the number of teams.

I'm in another 8 team (baby) league where position scarcity works a little differently...its the Tier 1 players at each position that are crucial (Tier 2 and 3 depth is huge). We have IDP players as well...

So I am wondering if waiting until round 3 for Gronk and 4 for JJ Watt is smart...or is too early/late.

Cheerio
07-22-2015, 11:38 AM
Kids up front Calgary is organizing fantasy football leagues it looks like. $100 buy in, with $600 going to the winner and the other $400 going to the charity. I know CP has a good relationship with this charity, does anyone know anything about these leagues?

Link to tweet:
https://twitter.com/kidsupfrontcalg/status/623900380334718976

DropIt
07-26-2015, 06:59 PM
http://ostalk.podbean.com/

another outsiders sports talk episode with fantasy football talk

jeep991
08-08-2015, 02:48 PM
Hi, opinions please. What's everyone think about Manziel as a stash in a dynasty league. I got Dalton as my starter and Hoyer as the backup. Very little left on waivers.

Da_Chief
08-08-2015, 05:40 PM
Manziel was a bust even before he was drafted, don't bother.

Fozzie_DeBear
08-08-2015, 10:29 PM
Hi, opinions please. What's everyone think about Manziel as a stash in a dynasty league. I got Dalton as my starter and Hoyer as the backup. Very little left on waivers.

Is Jameis Winston still around?

jeep991
08-08-2015, 11:32 PM
Is Jameis Winston still around?

No Winston. Top 5 QBs left based on last season's points are Orton, Sanchez, Austin Davis, Cousins and Drew Stanton. This is the first year with 16 teams and 19 players drafted. Slim pickings at every position.

Fozzie_DeBear
08-09-2015, 10:14 AM
Ouch...well with RG III's durability and past performance (Handcuff logic) I would probably consider Cousins or maybe Sanchez?

OBCT
08-15-2015, 12:39 PM
I'm in a 12 team standard NFL.com league. I'm torn as to whether I should keep both Dez Bryant and A.J. Green as keepers. Based on the way our league operates, they both qualify as 1st round picks, which means I would lose my 1st & 2nd rounders in the upcoming draft if I kept both.

Basically, I guess my question is two-fold: 1.] what is the chance that either guy would be available in the second round (if I only kept one); and 2.] as good as both guys are, is it poor strategy to invest so much into two Wide Receivers?

I'm leaning towards only keeping Bryant, but ... I'm just not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rubecube
08-15-2015, 11:24 PM
Holy hell, my friends are idiots. Just finished my draft and this is what I ended up with (PPR keeper) .

QB - Matt Ryan, Marcus Mariota
RB - Latavius Murray, CJ Spiller, Tevin Coleman, David Johnson
WR - Dez Bryant, Mike Evans, Jordan Matthews, Allen Robinson, John Brown, Josh Huff
TE - Gronk
Def - Minnesota
K - Cody parkey

Fozzie_DeBear
08-16-2015, 10:17 AM
Your receivers and TE are outstanding. Can't say I love your RBs though.

Fozzie_DeBear
08-16-2015, 10:19 AM
I'm in a 12 team standard NFL.com league. I'm torn as to whether I should keep both Dez Bryant and A.J. Green as keepers. Based on the way our league operates, they both qualify as 1st round picks, which means I would lose my 1st & 2nd rounders in the upcoming draft if I kept both.

Basically, I guess my question is two-fold: 1.] what is the chance that either guy would be available in the second round (if I only kept one); and 2.] as good as both guys are, is it poor strategy to invest so much into two Wide Receivers?

If it's a 3wr league is keep both....actually I'd keep both in a 2wr roster too

Keselke
08-16-2015, 10:45 AM

If you have an early first round pick where you can get one of the top 4 rb, then keeping either with your first round pick would be really bad value considering their adp.

If your near the back end of round 1 you could keep both, but really its not a steal in terms of value, thats right where they are gonna go in almost all drafts
dez later round 1
aj sometime round 2, probably back half

rubecube
08-16-2015, 12:23 PM
Your receivers and TE are outstanding. Can't say I love your RBs though.

Forgot I also have Blount.

sleepEZ
08-17-2015, 12:22 AM
For those who want to kill some time with draft simulators, this site is pretty good.

http://draftwizard.fantasypros.com/simulator/?sport=nfl

This site is sweet! Thanks!

rubecube
08-20-2015, 02:17 PM
Bringing this over from the other thread to see if anyone is interested:

Would anyone be interested in doing a CP Dynasty League, possibly with entry fees and cash prizes?

PM me your email address if this interests you.

InBurkeWeTrust
08-20-2015, 03:03 PM
Need suggestions. I'm drafting 10, 11 in a 10 person league. Who do you think i should be targeting? I'm looking at Hill and either a stud WR/TE. There could still be dez, DT, Odell, julio, and gronk.. CAN'T DECIDE!

Fozzie_DeBear
08-20-2015, 05:16 PM
Need suggestions. I'm drafting 10, 11 in a 10 person league. Who do you think i should be targeting? I'm looking at Hill and either a stud WR/TE. There could still be dez, DT, Odell, julio, and gronk.. CAN'T DECIDE!

I'm in a similar boat...but I am leaning to Gronk...he is as productive as any WR and you will always have an advantage over your opponent at that position.

If he is gone...Julio, DT or Dez

InBurkeWeTrust
08-20-2015, 07:44 PM
I'm in a similar boat...but I am leaning to Gronk...he is as productive as any WR and you will always have an advantage over your opponent at that position.

If he is gone...Julio, DT or Dez

Yeah, but I am worried that my WR1 will be steve smith or something :bag:

Fozzie_DeBear
08-20-2015, 09:27 PM
Yeah, but I am worried that my WR1 will be steve smith or something :bag:

Yeah...but there is a lot more depth at WR than TE. The difference between Gronk and a regular TE is bigger than Julio and the next WR you will be able to grab.

Fozzie_DeBear
08-22-2015, 05:27 PM
Did our 8 team draft last night... What do you all think? I'm pretty happy.

Player Pos Team Bye
Peterson, Adrian RB MIN 5
Anderson, C.J. RB DEN 7
Beckham, Odell WR NYG 11
Matthews, Jordan WR PHI 8
Ingram, Mark RB NO 11
Kelce, Travis TE KC 9
Quinn, Robert DE STL 6
Bradford, Sam QB PHI 8
Levy, DeAndre LB DET 9
Foster, Arian RB HOU 9
Rivers, Philip QB SD 10
Brown, John WR ARZ 9
Bell, Joique RB DET 9
Palmer, Carson QB ARZ 9
Watkins, Sammy WR BUF 8
Ertz, Zach TE PHI 8
Clinton-Dix, Ha Ha S GB 7
Ansah, Ezekiel DE DET 9
Bailey, Dan K DAL 6
Amukamara, Prince CB NYG 11
------------------------------------------------

Pagal4321
08-24-2015, 08:42 AM

Player Pos Team Bye
Anderson, C.J. RB DEN 7
Beckham, Odell WR NYG 11
Ingram, Mark RB NO 11
Kelce, Travis TE KC 9
Quinn, Robert DE STL 6
Bradford, Sam QB PHI 8
Levy, DeAndre LB DET 9
Foster, Arian RB HOU 9
Rivers, Philip QB SD 10
Brown, John WR ARZ 9
Bell, Joique RB DET 9
Palmer, Carson QB ARZ 9
Watkins, Sammy WR BUF 8
Ertz, Zach TE PHI 8
Ansah, Ezekiel DE DET 9
Bailey, Dan K DAL 6

That's a pretty good team actually, like your RBs but don't like Bradford at QB. Thankfully you got Rivers and Palmer as well.

I had to submit my keepers over the weekend and one of them was Jordy Nelson. Sigh.

InBurkeWeTrust
08-24-2015, 08:58 AM

Player Pos Team Bye
Anderson, C.J. RB DEN 7
Beckham, Odell WR NYG 11
Ingram, Mark RB NO 11
Kelce, Travis TE KC 9
Quinn, Robert DE STL 6
Bradford, Sam QB PHI 8
Levy, DeAndre LB DET 9
Foster, Arian RB HOU 9
Rivers, Philip QB SD 10
Brown, John WR ARZ 9
Bell, Joique RB DET 9
Palmer, Carson QB ARZ 9
Watkins, Sammy WR BUF 8
Ertz, Zach TE PHI 8
Ansah, Ezekiel DE DET 9
Bailey, Dan K DAL 6

Wow that's a huge team. Very nice at RB with AP, CJ, and getting OBJ and Jmatt? I guess it is a 8 person league :w00t:

Rhettzky
08-26-2015, 05:31 AM
I've got pick #5 in our upcoming 12 team draft and every mock I attempt has major impacts. There is a huge chance that Luck (and possibly another QB) goes before I pick due to past drafts, so I'm 99% sure I'll be able to pick between Lynch, Bell, Charles, or Brown. I'm pretty happy with the WR choices when the pick swings back to me, but whenever I take Brown in a mock I end up hating my RB's.

Any thoughts on what strategy to use here?

rubecube
08-26-2015, 12:02 PM
If you can get Charles or Bell, they're the obvious picks, IMO. Is it PPR or standard scoring?

Muffins
08-26-2015, 02:55 PM
So I've joined a buddies league this year and it has some of the weirdest scoring I've ever seen.

Passing Completions:1 point
Passing Yards:1 point per 25 yards
Passing Touchdowns:6 points
Interceptions Thrown:-2 points
300-399 Passing Yards Bonus:15 points
400+ Passing Yards Bonus:20 points
50+ Passing Yards TD Bonus:5 points
Rushing Yards:1 point per 10 yards
Rushing Touchdowns:6 points
50+ Rushing Yard TD Bonus:5 points
100-199 Rushing Yards Bonus:10 points
200+ Rushing Yards Bonus:30 points
Receptions:2 points
Receiving Yards:1 point per 10 yards
Receiving Touchdowns:6 points
50+ Receiving Yard TD Bonus:5 points
100-199 Receiving Yards Bonus:10 points
200+ Receiving Yards Bonus:30 points
Fumble Recovered for TD:6 points
Fumbles Lost:-2 points
2-Point Conversions:2 points

Am I wrong in thinking that 2 PPR and PPC is kinda strange?

The only thing I can make from it is that RB's that catch a lot of passes are insanely valuable.

Da_Chief
08-26-2015, 03:01 PM
That's a high PPR. Our's only 0.5

rubecube
08-26-2015, 04:58 PM
Those yardage bonuses are out of control.

Rhettzky
08-26-2015, 07:19 PM
If you can get Charles or Bell, they're the obvious picks, IMO. Is it PPR or standard scoring?

Standard scoring. And the league has a tendency to go QB crazy. I could probably put money on Luck and Rodgers being gone before I pick at 5 and getting into 4th tier territory by the time it swings back to me. So I usually pick a late QB.

Fozzie_DeBear
08-26-2015, 08:02 PM
Standard scoring. And the league has a tendency to go QB crazy. I could probably put money on Luck and Rodgers being gone before I pick at 5 and getting into 4th tier territory by the time it swings back to me. So I usually pick a late QB.

Have you considered streaming 2-3 qb's? After Luck and Rogers...why bother taking a qb until much later? Grab top rb and wr talent

Hatter
08-27-2015, 09:04 AM
I was stuck drafting 6th in our 12 team league. Pretty unhappy with that. I wanted one of the top 5 RB, or late in the round to go ODB/Gronk kind of thing. Oh well, doesn't always go that way!

QB - B. Rothlisberger
RB - J. Forsett
RB - L. Miller
WR - A. Brown
WR - D. Adams
WR - V. Jackson
TE - J. Thomas
K - M. Bryant
DEF - Miami
BN - G. Bernard
BN - T. Smith
BN - K. Wright
BN - M. Mariota
BN - R. Hillman
BN - H. Miller

It's a reasonable team for a 12 man I think. I really hope Hillman manages to steal the job from CJ Anderson. Then I would really be happy!

InBurkeWeTrust
08-27-2015, 10:27 AM
My work FF draft has 10 people and I just traded my 11th for some more 2nd/3rds.

I now have:
10, 28, 30, 31, 33, 48, 53, 73, 88, 93, 108, 113 ,128, 133 and 148

Hoping I can land some good depth pick ups from 28-33. Went a little off the board with how my picks are this year.. haven't done so well past two years.

Hoping to grab at 10: Gronk/Dez/DT/Julio/Hill/Forte
28, 30, 31, 33: Forsett/Jeffery/Graham/Evans/Ingram/Hilton/Manning/Gordon/Cooks/Brees?

Anyone else you think I should target?

rubecube
08-27-2015, 12:31 PM
Haha, so the one guy in my league who seems to get screwed by injuries every year had both Jordy Nelson and Kelvin Benjamin this year. His starting WRs are now Floyd, Fitzgerald, and Landry.

I'm debating offering him Spiller and Robinson to him for Lynch. I have a pretty good stable of WRs, so I don't think I'd be worse off there. My only hesitations are a) I'm not sure how much of an upgrade Lynch is on Spiller in a PPR league and b) we're a keeper league and Spiller and Robinson were my 6th and 7th round picks respectively. They could be great value next year.

Pagal4321
09-02-2015, 10:22 AM
Have a draft for a work pool this afternoon and things are getting pretty salty, the guy who created the league made passing TD's 6 points and that doesn't sit well with some of the people in the league.

I've played with 6 point passing TDs for years, one co-worker is adamant that 4 point passing TDs is the norm and I've been doing it wrong all these years.

What say CP?

Muffins
09-02-2015, 10:25 AM
Have a draft for a work pool this afternoon and things are getting pretty salty, the guy who created the league made passing TD's 6 points and that doesn't sit well with some of the people in the league.

I've played with 6 point passing TDs for years, one co-worker is adamant that 4 point passing TDs is the norm and I've been doing it wrong all these years.

What say CP?

Not that 6 is wrong by any means but 4 is the norm.

rubecube
09-02-2015, 12:01 PM
Yeah, 4 is the norm. That said, I can see the reasoning behind 6. Makes drafting strategy a bit more realistic, with QBs being the most valuable.

Da_Chief
09-04-2015, 06:55 AM
All our TDs are 6 but INTs are -3.

OBCT
09-04-2015, 09:20 AM
If it's a 3wr league is keep both....actually I'd keep both in a 2wr roster too

If you have an early first round pick where you can get one of the top 4 rb, then keeping either with your first round pick would be really bad value considering their adp.

If your near the back end of round 1 you could keep both, but really its not a steal in terms of value, thats right where they are gonna go in almost all drafts
dez later round 1
aj sometime round 2, probably back half

Thanks, guys! I almost forgot to respond.

My Keeper Deadline was August 15, so I ended up keeping them both.

We just had our draft, and in retrospect I agree with Keselke - I would have been better off not keeping Green. I drafted last (twelfth), but being a snake draft, Green's spot represented the first pick of the second round, which seems like poor value for him. I think he definitely would have been available for me in that spot. Oh, well.

I also had Le'Veon Bell and Ryan Tannehill as good-value keepers, and I managed to snag Chris Ivory and Ameer Abdullah in rounds 3 & 4, so the result should be okay.

Good luck to everyone in your Fantasy Leagues this year.

MillerTime GFG
09-04-2015, 10:18 AM
Who should I start week 1:
- Big Ben in NE
- Sam Bradford in ATL

I'm leaning towards Bradford just because ATL's defense is hot garbage, but I feel like whoever I pick is going to be the wrong one.

Da_Chief
09-04-2015, 10:38 AM
Pats secondary is no better. Big Ben easy for me. Bradford might not even survive the first quarter.

Pagal4321
09-04-2015, 10:41 AM
Big Ben.

rubecube
09-04-2015, 10:45 AM
I'd go with Bradford. I think the Eagles light up the Falcons in that one. At least New England has a pass-rush.

InBurkeWeTrust
09-11-2015, 02:35 PM
Rate my team for work, 10 team

QB Tom Brady
WR Dez Bryant
WR T.Y. Hilton
WR Brandin Cooks
RB Carlos Hyde
RB Chris Ivory
TE Heath Miller
K Stephen Gostkowski
DEF Miami

Bench
RB Jonathan Stewart
RB T.J. Yeldon
RB Isaiah Crowell
WR DeVante Parker
QB Teddy Bridgewater
DEF Carolina

The first portion are my starters. Suggestions?

Pagal4321
09-11-2015, 03:56 PM
Was anyone else actually paying attention?!

Actually looks like a pretty good team.

the_professsor
09-11-2015, 03:56 PM
Rate my team for work, 10 team

QB Tom Brady
WR Dez Bryant
WR T.Y. Hilton
WR Brandin Cooks
RB Carlos Hyde
RB Chris Ivory
TE Heath Miller
K Stephen Gostkowski
DEF Miami

Bench
RB Jonathan Stewart
RB T.J. Yeldon
RB Isaiah Crowell
WR DeVante Parker
QB Teddy Bridgewater
DEF Carolina

The first portion are my starters. Suggestions?

Solid QB & WRs, don't love your RBs but I'm in a similar situation. I would start Stewart over Hyde, I think SF will be awful and provided he's healthy Stewart should outproduce him.

InBurkeWeTrust
09-11-2015, 03:58 PM
Was anyone else actually paying attention?!

Actually looks like a pretty good team.

It's a work league and it's pretty competitive lol. I had 10/11 picks and chose to trade away 11 to get a couple more picks between 28-33.

Now I have some regrets because I had a chance to grab both Dez and Gronk.. I like my WR's though.

Hatter
09-13-2015, 07:43 PM
ALL HAIL PEYTON MANNING! Oh wait... I have Peyton Manning :bag:

InBurkeWeTrust
09-14-2015, 06:24 AM
Welp the season looks bleak.. I just lost Hilton and Bryant.. FML

My other league.. Woo hoo Peyton

SportsJunky
09-14-2015, 09:53 AM
Yeah, I lost Dez Bryant at WR and Ellington at RB. Rough week1

Fozzie_DeBear
09-15-2015, 01:47 PM
Peterson, Anderson and Beckham...total 5 points. FML

Da_Chief
09-16-2015, 07:44 AM
Peterson, Anderson and Beckham...total 5 points. FML

How the heck did you manage to get 3 first round talents anyways? Keeper league?

DropIt
09-16-2015, 08:06 AM
hit 200 points in my 16 team league which is lucky to see 200 hit in a season, let alone week 1.

Also spent $275 on Darren Sproles as I loved seeing him get back to being used prooperly this seeason

Fozzie_DeBear
09-17-2015, 07:57 AM
How the heck did you manage to get 3 first round talents anyways? Keeper league?

First round talents? Grumble grumble

It's an 8 team league with IDP...plus guys in this league seem to love drafting QBs so the talent seems to go further.

Fozzie_DeBear
09-18-2015, 08:40 PM
Carson Palmer or Bradford to start this week?

DropIt
09-19-2015, 01:01 AM
I feel you have a good shot at either one, but Bradford has abetter chance of getting into a shootout

Fozzie_DeBear
09-19-2015, 10:26 AM
I feel you have a good shot at either one, but Bradford has abetter chance of getting into a shootout

Yeah...and he is playing at home (Palmer on the road) however, every analyst has Palmer well above Bradford in the rankings.

Whatever I choose...he will lay an egg

devo22
09-21-2015, 06:53 AM
Playing again this year, 10 team league. Had a bye in week 1 and am about to edge out a victory in week 2, although I still don't know how that is even possible. Lost Dez Bryant last week, also no Alshon Jeffery this week, Le'veon Bell obviously still suspended ... then my Ravens D/ST failed vs the Raiders and my kicker was limited to 2 points. And yet I'm still about to win because my opponent has Eddie Lacy, Keenan Allen, Mike Evans and Zach Ertz.

InBurkeWeTrust
09-21-2015, 07:20 AM
Yeah...and he is playing at home (Palmer on the road) however, every analyst has Palmer well above Bradford in the rankings.

Whatever I choose...he will lay an egg

Who'd you end up going with??

Da_Chief
09-21-2015, 08:22 AM
Playing again this year, 10 team league. Had a bye in week 1 and am about to edge out a victory in week 2, although I still don't know how that is even possible. Lost Dez Bryant last week, also no Alshon Jeffery this week, Le'veon Bell obviously still suspended ... then my Ravens D/ST failed vs the Raiders and my kicker was limited to 2 points. And yet I'm still about to win because my opponent has Eddie Lacy, Keenan Allen, Mike Evans and Zach Ertz.

Why do you have a bye in a 10 team league?

devo22
09-21-2015, 09:58 AM
no idea, honestly. Probably screwed up somehow when we created the league.

InBurkeWeTrust
09-22-2015, 05:59 PM
Started 0-2 so I made some changes to my team:

Trade away: cooks, Hyde, moncrief for Newton, demaryius
Right after: Brady, dez for tannehill, Keenan and duke

Upgrade to my WR. I just don't think cooks has it

DropIt
09-22-2015, 09:36 PM
yikes.

little early on that panic button. Cooks has been disappointing, but its because of the system and early struggles from Brees. Im sure he will come around

Pagal4321
09-23-2015, 08:56 AM
You want to talk about panic button, someone dropped Mike Evans in my 16 team league. I'm just hoping and praying that no one saw that....

rubecube
09-23-2015, 12:30 PM
You want to talk about panic button, someone dropped Mike Evans in my 16 team league. I'm just hoping and praying that no one saw that....

Wow, that's beyond idiotic.

Fozzie_DeBear
09-23-2015, 01:16 PM
Who'd you end up going with??

Palmer...still lost though

Bradford is stapled to the bench until further notice

Izzle
09-24-2015, 12:24 PM
Need to pick a QB.

Alex Smith @ GB
Sam Bradford @ NYJ

Choosing between a rock and a hard place :S

shermanator
09-24-2015, 12:25 PM
Would anyone here do the following?

I get: Sam Bradford, Mike Evans, Danny Woodhead
I give: Carson Palmer, Eddie Royal, Justin Forsett

My team is as follows (12 team standard league):

QB: Matt Ryan
WR1: Calvin Johnson
WR2: Emmanuel Sanders
WR3: Donte Moncrief
RB1: Eddie Lacy / James Starks (depending on health)
RB2: Justin Forsett
TE: Ladarius Green
FLEX: Chris Johnson
K: Mason Crosby
DEF: Buffalo
BEN: Carson Palmer
BEN: Eddie Lacy / James Starks (depending on health)
BEN: Michael Floyd
BEN: Eddie Royal
BEN: Julius Thomas

I think the move makes me garbage at RB if Lacy is out long term, but if he's back this week, could be okay.

Da_Chief
09-24-2015, 12:46 PM
Need to pick a QB.

Alex Smith @ GB
Sam Bradford @ NYJ

Choosing between a rock and a hard place :S

Jets shut down Luck so Bradford would be a cake walk. I'd go with Smith as that matchup is more likely to put up some decent number of points.

I think the move makes me garbage at RB if Lacy is out long term, but if he's back this week, could be okay.

I wouldn't do it. You're bit weak at RB anyways with Lacy out so removing Forcett would hurt even more. Moncrief is a decent 3rd receiver.

Did you get Starks (handicap Lacy) by default or managed to get him through waivers?

shermanator
09-24-2015, 01:13 PM
Jets shut down Luck so Bradford would be a cake walk. I'd go with Smith as that matchup is more likely to put up some decent number of points.

I wouldn't do it. You're bit weak at RB anyways with Lacy out so removing Forcett would hurt even more. Moncrief is a decent 3rd receiver.

Did you get Starks (handicap Lacy) by default or managed to get him through waivers?

I got Starks through Waivers.

MickMcGeough
09-24-2015, 01:26 PM

I don't see any way that helps you. I think Moncrief is the real deal and I actually don't see Evans as a big upgrade.

shermanator
09-24-2015, 02:13 PM
Haven't been a big fan of the Ravens running game this year to date, and I am not sure if Forsett breaks out.

My angle here is that Johnson won't be the #1 in Arizona much longer, so he would be dropped in a few weeks anyways, and Evans takes the Flex spot. Woodhead takes my RB2 as I like him in goal line opportunities. Lacy/Starks hold down the RB1.

Moncrief doesn't factor into this decision at all, and with Megatron, Sanders, Moncrief and Evans all in the lineup I think I can get over the loss of any additional points Forsett would have brought.

Lineup would look like this after:

RB2: Danny Woodhead
FLEX: Mike Evans
BEN: Sam Bradford
BEN: Chris Johnson

Weak at RB but pretty good at WR I would argue.

Fozzie_DeBear
09-24-2015, 07:46 PM

At first I thought I wouldn't do it...but you do receive more upside...so I changed my mind.

Also, I do believe in Chip Kelley and bailing on Eddy Royal and Forsett is A-Ok

Bar-Down
09-24-2015, 10:15 PM
What are your guys' thoughts on this trade?

I Get: Carlos Hyde, Sammy Watkins

I Trade away: AJ Green, Bishop Sankey

My roster right now (16 team league):
Luck
Sankey, Arian Foster, Ronnie Hillman, Tre Mason, Joique Bell
B Cooks, AJ Green, Stevie Johnson, Crabtree
Vernon Davis, Jordan Reed

I have to accept right? I need another legit RB that will get most of the touches in Hyde…

Da_Chief
09-24-2015, 10:21 PM
Good trade for you. Hyde will out produce Sankey big time and the drop from AJ to Sammy shouldn't be that bad.

The question is how did you manage to draft that bad of a team? No offence.

Bar-Down
09-24-2015, 10:25 PM
Good trade for you. Hyde will out produce Sankey big time and the drop from AJ to Sammy shouldn't be that bad.

Haha yeah I didn't have a good draft. I was banking on Foster being back early and Cooks having a breakout year, which he hasn't had yet… Now I am in trade mode to save my season lol.

Stevie Johnson has been a nice surprise so far though.

rubecube
09-24-2015, 11:49 PM

The drop from AJ to Sammy isn't that bad? You crazy.

Da_Chief
09-25-2015, 07:06 AM
The drop from AJ to Sammy isn't that bad? You crazy.

Depending on the league scoring I'd say 30-40 point difference at the of the year?

Hyde and Sankey could be over a 100 point difference. At least in my opinion.

Sylvanfan
09-25-2015, 07:47 AM
Still seething over how lousy the Chiefs defence has been I went out and got James Jones, and James Starks to go with Randall Cobb and Davante Adams whom I already had. I plan to star all 4 of them this week.

I expect Aaron Rogers will run for 4 TD's this week, and won't throw to any of those receivers, and Starks will only get 10 carries for 22 yards and a lost fumble.

Pagal4321
09-25-2015, 08:58 AM
Haven't been a big fan of the Ravens running game this year to date, and I am not sure if Forsett breaks out.

My angle here is that Johnson won't be the #1 in Arizona much longer, so he would be dropped in a few weeks anyways, and Evans takes the Flex spot. Woodhead takes my RB2 as I like him in goal line opportunities. Lacy/Starks hold down the RB1.

Moncrief doesn't factor into this decision at all, and with Megatron, Sanders, Moncrief and Evans all in the lineup I think I can get over the loss of any additional points Forsett would have brought.

Lineup would look like this after:

RB2: Danny Woodhead
FLEX: Mike Evans
BEN: Sam Bradford
BEN: Chris Johnson

Weak at RB but pretty good at WR I would argue.

Is this a PPR or a non-PPR? If it's a non-PPR, I'm not sure I would pull the trigger on that deal. Woodhead is a boom/bust player in a non-PPR.

Watkins not a big drop off from AJ Green? Say what now?

rubecube
09-25-2015, 09:06 AM
Is this a PPR or a non-PPR? If it's a non-PPR, I'm not sure I would pull the trigger on that deal. Woodhead is a boom/bust player in a non-PPR.

Watkins not a big drop off from AJ Green? Say what now?

I'd be taking that trade in a heartbeat if it's PPR.

shermanator
09-25-2015, 09:37 AM
It's a standard league, not PPR.

After a few beers, I ended up pulling the trigger on the trade anyways. :bag:

East Coast Flame
09-25-2015, 11:10 AM
Guy I'm playing this week started both Morris and Jones last night. Lol.

MickMcGeough
09-25-2015, 12:53 PM

Luck

I have to accept right? I need another legit RB that will get most of the touches in Hyde…

Watkins is a WR3/flex play right now, that's a huge downgrade from AJG.

If you believe in Hyde this is a pretty fair deal. I believe in his talent but I'm not sold on the situation he's in just yet. I think the SF game scripts are going to be more like they were against the Steelers than against the Vikings going forward. He could be in for some long days in games where they don't control the game.

I'd shop AJG around some more and see what other RBs you can get for him.

Pagal4321
09-25-2015, 01:07 PM

Luck

I'd give the same advice as Mick, shop him around if you want to flip AJ for a RB. However, your WR aren't world beaters either so I feel like it's a net zero gain by accepting that trade. It's almost like AJ = Hyde and Sankey = Watkins.

Bar-Down
09-25-2015, 01:19 PM
I'd give the same advice as Mick, shop him around if you want to flip AJ for a RB. However, your WR aren't world beaters either so I feel like it's a net zero gain by accepting that trade. It's almost like AJ = Hyde and Sankey = Watkins.

Yeah I'm just worried about AJ Green this year. So far it seems Tyler Eifert has taken away all his red zone targets and he always seems to be injured at some point.

I think if Watkins and Cooks can take that next step I'll be alright at WR.

And not many teams in our 16 team league have 2 legit RB (a lot of committee backfields this year) so I think a Foster/Hyde duo could be legit for me.

rubecube
09-25-2015, 01:37 PM
Why do people not respond to trade requests? Just hit reject if you don't like it!

devo22
09-27-2015, 09:56 AM
I struggle with deciding my RB and WR lineup this week.

RB - Le'veon Bell, Doug Martin, Chris Johnson
WR - Randall Cobb, Jeremy Maclin, Travis Benjamin, Markus Wheaton

already had Alfred Morris in action on Thursday and that was a bad decision. Bell is a lock obviously and Cobb as well, but other than that? I tend to go Martin and Maclin, but not sure. Thanks for any advice.

Da_Chief
09-27-2015, 10:14 AM
What is this? 2RB, 3WR, 1Flex?

Morris, Bell, Cobb, Maclin, Wheaton, Martin as your flex.

If no flex, then take out Martin.

Sylvanfan
09-27-2015, 12:36 PM
Ha ha I benched Randle and Keenan Allen this week. The bench point tie breaker will be mine!

Hockey
09-27-2015, 05:20 PM
So with an injury to Big Ben and Mariota on a bye I need to pick up a QB.

My options are Weeden, Mallett or maybe Vick.

Who should it be?

Fozzie_DeBear
09-28-2015, 12:16 AM
Vick

Pagal4321
09-28-2015, 09:05 AM
Wow, some managers in our league agreed to the following trade:

Marcus Mariota, Brandon Cooks and Latavius Murray for Tom Brady, Randall Cobb and Bilal Powell.

Safe to say it got vetoed real quick.

DropIt
09-28-2015, 09:51 AM
Danny Woodhead for John Brown in PPR?

EldrickOnIce
09-28-2015, 09:55 AM
Wow, some managers in our league agreed to the following trade:

Marcus Mariota, Brandon Cooks and Latavius Murray for Tom Brady, Randall Cobb and Bilal Powell.

Safe to say it got vetoed real quick.

Ha
I can't figure out which way you mean that it's lopsided?

shermanator
09-28-2015, 09:58 AM
Looks like dropping Justin Forsett and picking up Mike Evans was a shrewd move based on the first week. Leaving Chris Johnson on the bench for Danny Woodhead was definitely not.

Hatter
09-28-2015, 10:46 AM
In my money league I've now lost Dez and Ben. Forsett and Miller have been total busts. FF is a cruel mistress :(.

MillerTime GFG
09-29-2015, 11:20 AM
Looking to pickup a better RB2/flex option, so I was proposed:
Sending Coleman, Maclin, next year's first rounder for Arian Foster.

My team:
QB: Sam Bradford, Big Ben (ugh), Manziel
RB: CJ anderson, Le'Veon, Dion Lewis, Reggie Bush, Denard Robinson, Sankey
WR: Fitz, Travis Benjamin, Crabtree, Maclin, Cole Beasley, Brandon Coleman, Aaron Dobson, Jordy Nelson, Golden Tate, Terrance Williams, Devin Funchess

PPR league, and yes, it's a deep league.

I like the trade outside of the first rounder. Want to counter with a 2nd. Hard to gauge Foster coming off his injury combined with being 29.

Thoughts?

EDIT: He just messaged me saying Coleman (Brandon) and Maclin for Foster.

Fozzie_DeBear
09-29-2015, 03:14 PM
Levon and Foster could be epic...id do it.

Pagal4321
09-29-2015, 03:51 PM
Ya if the first rounder isn't included, I would be okay with pulling the trigger on that one.

MillerTime GFG
09-29-2015, 03:57 PM
Ended up making a trade with another team.

I send Maclin and my fourth rounder next year for Marshawn Lynch.

Me likey. ;)

Fozzie_DeBear
09-29-2015, 04:41 PM
Ended up making a trade with another team.

I send Maclin and my fourth rounder next year for Marshawn Lynch.

Me likey. ;)

You better hope Marshawn isn't hurt too bad...

MillerTime GFG
09-29-2015, 04:58 PM
You better hope Marshawn isn't hurt too bad...

From what I hear, he isn't...but you never know. It is definite risk/reward, but I feel like I have good enough depth at WR to absorb a lot of that risk.

Fozzie_DeBear
09-29-2015, 07:03 PM
If you can grab Rawls you might want to

Da_Chief
10-06-2015, 10:23 PM
Mike Evans for Joe Randle?

Have Randle, Hyde, Blount at RB right now.
Have Moncrief, Hurns, T Williams, Garcon at WR.

PPR league with a flex.

rubecube
10-06-2015, 10:52 PM
Mike Evans for Joe Randle?

Have Randle, Hyde, Blount at RB right now.
Have Moncrief, Hurns, T Williams, Garcon at WR.

PPR league with a flex.
I take that deal in a heartbeat.

Pagal4321
10-07-2015, 09:03 AM
^ What rube said.

So I've got AJ Green and Dez Bryant in one of my leagues. As can be expected my RBs are terrible (Ivory, Vereen, Matt Jones & David Johnson), so I'm looking to trade a WR for a RB.

What do you think my return could be for Green or Bryant?

rubecube
10-07-2015, 10:21 AM
^ What rube said.

So I've got AJ Green and Dez Bryant in one of my leagues. As can be expected my RBs are terrible (Ivory, Vereen, Matt Jones & David Johnson), so I'm looking to trade a WR for a RB.

AJ Green should get you a tier 2 RB easily. Thinking someone like Lataviaus Murray or Gio Bernard. Bryant's a bit trickier.

Fozzie_DeBear
10-09-2015, 02:11 PM
AJ Green should get you a tier 2 RB easily. Thinking someone like Lataviaus Murray or Gio Bernard. Bryant's a bit trickier.

Even if Dez comes back he lacks Romo...maybe a lower end RB2 or a CJ Anderson/Hillman?

DropIt
10-09-2015, 06:43 PM
^ What rube said.

Someone just traded Green for Forte in one of my leagues, I thought that was pretty even value

malcolmk14
10-10-2015, 12:26 PM
I have a quarterback problem this week - Josh McCown against the Ravens or Jameis Winston against the Jaguars.

rubecube
10-10-2015, 01:12 PM
I have a quarterback problem this week - Josh McCown against the Ravens or Jameis Winston against the Jaguars.
Yikes. Anyone still available from the waiver wire?

malcolmk14
10-10-2015, 02:23 PM
Yikes. Anyone still available from the waiver wire?

Kaepernick

Da_Chief
10-10-2015, 03:43 PM
I would go Winston.

DropIt
10-11-2015, 01:47 AM
McCown.

Winston is just awful

malcolmk14
10-12-2015, 12:04 PM
Should've gone with McCown, but I didn't.

Need to hope Keenan Allen and Antonio Brown do nothing tonight. I've got an 8 point lead and the other guy has both those players playing.

rubecube
10-12-2015, 01:11 PM
Should've gone with McCown, but I didn't.

Need to hope Keenan Allen and Antonio Brown do nothing tonight. I've got an 8 point lead and the other guy has both those players playing.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat but with a 30 point lead.

Sylvanfan
10-12-2015, 06:00 PM
My opponent had Dalton and McCown absolutely crush me this week. Here I thought Boyles had a decent game. He might as well have been Ryan Mallet. Granted I picked CJ Anderson early, and that's pretty much a bus out of the playoffs. Worst RB1 in the league this year.

malcolmk14
10-13-2015, 08:20 PM
Need some advice here. My team:

QB: Newton/McCown
RB: L. Miller/Spiller/Bernard
WR: Ju. Jones/Fitzgerald/J. Matthews/P. Garcon/D. Jackson
TE: Gronkowski/Eifert

we can play TE at the flex position in our league. I'm 3-2-0 with the highest scoring team in the league, tied for 4th. 14 team league. 0.5 PPR.

I've been offered Devonta Freeman for Gronkowski and J. Matthews, or Devonta Freeman for Eifert and Larry Fitzgerald.

Thoughts?

Pagal4321
10-14-2015, 09:49 AM
Need some advice here. My team:

QB: Newton/McCown
RB: L. Miller/Spiller/Bernard
WR: Ju. Jones/Fitzgerald/J. Matthews/P. Garcon/D. Jackson
TE: Gronkowski/Eifert

we can play TE at the flex position in our league. I'm 3-2-0 with the highest scoring team in the league, tied for 4th. 14 team league. 0.5 PPR.

I've been offered Devonta Freeman for Gronkowski and J. Matthews, or Devonta Freeman for Eifert and Larry Fitzgerald.

Thoughts?

That's tough but I don't think I'd give up Gronk or Eifert unless it's for a bonafide RB.

You do need RB depth but I would keep playing the waiver wire for another RB.

I will warn you, I'm a zero RB kind of guy.

Da_Chief
10-14-2015, 10:11 AM
I think you do the Eifert deal. Gronk is done his bye week. I'm not a fan of playing TE at flex. Really liking Freeman. Will be a 1st rounder next year.

Your other choice would be to look for guys like McFadden/Sims/Sproles guys like that who are passing backs and will get some snaps.

malcolmk14
10-14-2015, 05:12 PM
Did it. I don't think Fitzgerald will keep up his current pace, I'm selling high on him for sure. Moved Eifert and Fitzgerald for Freeman.

Leaves me with:

Newton
Freeman/Bernard
Ju. Jones/Matthews
Gronkowski

then Miller/Spiller/Garcon/Jackson at the flex, and one open bench spot to pick someone up.

Fozzie_DeBear
10-18-2015, 08:29 AM
Anyone got ODB? Are you going to roll with him?

Bar-Down
10-20-2015, 11:16 AM
Trade proposal:

I give up: Brandin Cooks, Ronnie Hillman

I get: TY Hilton

I should definitely accept...??

jgotti
10-20-2015, 11:45 AM
Just my thoughts. I wouldn't as hillman looking like the starter in denver and Cooks and hilton are pretty much a wash.

Bar-Down
10-20-2015, 11:52 AM
Just my thoughts. I wouldn't as hillman looking like the starter in denver and Cooks and hilton are pretty much a wash.

That's true, Hillman could emerge as the full time starter. Cooks has been a bust so far though so I wanted to ditch him before his stock hits zero.

rubecube
10-21-2015, 12:50 AM
That's true, Hillman could emerge as the full time starter. Cooks has been a bust so far though so I wanted to ditch him before his stock hits zero.

It's crazy how many WRs have been busting or getting hurt this year. The top 15 WRs taken in our draft this year were:

Brown
Jones
Bryant
OBJ
D. Thomas
Calvin Johnson
Nelson
Green
Hilton
Cobb
Jeffery
Evans
Edelman
Sanders
Matthews

Only 7 of those guys are currently sitting in the top 15.

malcolmk14
10-21-2015, 07:16 AM
My team is now this:

QB: Cam Newton/Peyton Manning
RB: Devonta Freeman/Giovani Bernard/Lamar Miller/C.J. Spiller
WR: Julio Jones/Pierre Garcon/Jordan Matthews/DeSean Jackson/Eddie Royal
TE: Rob Gronkowski
K: Justin Tucker
DEF: Arizona Cardinals

Pretty good for a 14-team league if you ask me!

Highest scoring team in the league but for some reason I'm 3-3, tied for the final playoff spot at the moment. Need to make a big push here and win a few in a row.

Pagal4321
10-21-2015, 08:50 AM
My team is now this:

Highest scoring team in the league but for some reason I'm 3-3, tied for the final playoff spot at the moment. Need to make a big push here and win a few in a row.

How you were able to pull that off in a 14 league team is beyond me. But that's a pretty awesome team.

Weitz
10-22-2015, 02:57 PM
My team is now this:

:blink: Are there football fans in your pool?

Fozzie_DeBear
10-22-2015, 04:27 PM
It's crazy how many WRs have been busting or getting hurt this year. The top 15 WRs taken in our draft this year were:

Brown
Jones
Bryant
OBJ
D. Thomas
Calvin Johnson
Nelson
Green
Hilton
Cobb
Jeffery
Evans
Edelman
Sanders
Matthews

Only 7 of those guys are currently sitting in the top 15.

I imagine the story is not much different with RB's...its been a disaster (Eddy Lacy, CJ Anderson, Jamaal, Jeremy Hill, Demarco, McCoy)

rubecube
10-23-2015, 10:29 AM
I imagine the story is not much different with RB's...its been a disaster (Eddy Lacy, CJ Anderson, Jamaal, Jeremy Hill, Demarco, McCoy)

Yeah but RBs are notorious for busting above the 50% rate. That's why zero RB is becoming a popular draft strategy.

Pagal4321
10-23-2015, 11:35 AM
Yeah but RBs are notorious for busting above the 50% rate. That's why zero RB is becoming a popular draft strategy.

Puts his hand up!

I'm 4-2 (Gurley/Ivory), 4-2 (Ivory/Vereen/David Johnson/Matt Jones) & 3-3 (Ingram/Hill). If you can hit on late round RBs and stack the QB/WR combo, I think you can do well.

However, drafting the likes of Tony Romo & Dez Bryant, while keeping guys like Jordy Nelson in different leagues might come back to bite me in the ass.

rubecube
10-23-2015, 11:42 AM
Puts his hand up!

I'm 4-2 (Gurley/Ivory), 4-2 (Ivory/Vereen/David Johnson/Matt Jones) & 3-3 (Ingram/Hill). If you can hit on late round RBs and stack the QB/WR combo, I think you can do well.

However, drafting the likes of Tony Romo & Dez Bryant, while keeping guys like Jordy Nelson in different leagues might come back to bite me in the ass.

Yeah, I have Lewis, Latavius Murray, Bernard, Blount, and Chris Thompson in my one league. Granted I traded to get Bernard, but that's three starting RBs and a flex that were all taken in the 5th round or later. The only thing that sucks is that the WR part of the equation blew up in my face because I took Dez, Mike Evans, and Jordan Matthews in rounds 1, 3, and 4. Luckily I also managed to grab A-Rob in the 7th.

Pagal4321
10-23-2015, 01:37 PM
Yeah, I have Lewis, Latavius Murray, Bernard, Blount, and Chris Thompson in my one league. Granted I traded to get Bernard, but that's three starting RBs and a flex that were all taken in the 5th round or later. The only thing that sucks is that the WR part of the equation blew up in my face because I took Dez, Mike Evans, and Jordan Matthews in rounds 1, 3, and 4. Luckily I also managed to grab A-Rob in the 7th.

I took Dez, AJ Green & Jordan Matthews in the same slots in one of my leagues. Boy am I hurting this week for WRs.

Jordan Matthews, biggest WR bust of the year?!

rubecube
10-23-2015, 01:41 PM
I took Dez, AJ Green & Jordan Matthews in the same slots in one of my leagues. Boy am I hurting this week for WRs.

Jordan Matthews, biggest WR bust of the year?!

Evans and Cooks have been bigger busts, IMO.

Da_Chief
10-23-2015, 01:54 PM
The top WRs and RBs have mostly struggled so far this year. Some new faces do look good in Travis Benjamin, Allen Robinson, Allen Hurns, Donte Moncrief, Kamar Aiken etc.

Such a life in Fantasy football. New faces emerge, old faces fail. Waivers important as ever.

In our league we've briefly discussed an auction system for FAs.

Say every team starts off with 2500 points (thats basically $25, 2500 pennies). You can silent auction/open auction for FAs and highest bidder gets the player. What do you guys think? can the idea work or be improved?

East Coast Flame
10-23-2015, 02:21 PM
The top WRs and RBs have mostly struggled so far this year. Some new faces do look good in Travis Benjamin, Allen Robinson, Allen Hurns, Donte Moncrief, Kamar Aiken etc.

Such a life in Fantasy football. New faces emerge, old faces fail. Waivers important as ever.

In our league we've briefly discussed an auction system for FAs.

Say every team starts off with 2500 points (thats basically $25, 2500 pennies). You can silent auction/open auction for FAs and highest bidder gets the player. What do you guys think? can the idea work or be improved?

We did the switch to FAAB this year and it has been awesome. Waaaaayyyy better.

Pagal4321
10-23-2015, 05:07 PM
Evans and Cooks have been bigger busts, IMO.

True that. Guess who has drafted both of them as well?

Sylvanfan
10-24-2015, 12:48 PM
This is like the 3rd straight year I've dropped my first round RB pick before mid season. CJ Anderson, feel free to start calling the CFL..

My team sucks yet somehow I have the 2nd highest point total in an 8 team league. Denver defence is looking like a 2nd round pick.

Sylvanfan
10-28-2015, 12:22 PM
What should I do on defence this week. I have Denver per the post above, but they play Green Bay this week. I don't like playing anyone against the Packers or Patriots.

I can get the Packers defence but Manning at home might actually do something? Or play it a bit safer and try the Jets on the road against the Raiders who can make mistakes. Or do I go with a team like Detroit to beat up on the disabled kid that is the Chiefs?

Kicker wise too, I grabbed Brandon McManus thinking he can still boot 50 yard bombs against the Packers. But there is a lot of other options like Nick Folk,

DropIt
10-28-2015, 12:36 PM
I think you'd be crazy not to take the Jets and hold on to them. Look at their upcoming schedule. Oakland, Jacksonville, Houston, buffalo. If they are available take it and hold on to it like grim death

rubecube
10-30-2015, 12:13 PM
Really lucky I'm playing the guy who had to build his team from the waiver wire this year, because I forgot to put Dion Lewis back in my lineup yesterday.

Sylvanfan
11-01-2015, 01:32 PM
My opponent is killing me despite the fact that he played Matt Stafford over Drew Brees.

DropIt
11-01-2015, 01:34 PM
Cant find reasons for no/shows today. John Brown man... where are you

DropIt
11-01-2015, 01:35 PM
Also, at one point I had Bell, Foster, and Hyde. I then traded Hyde for TY Hilton

Now I have none...

Skaloper
11-01-2015, 05:00 PM
Well Ryan Fitzpatrick just ruined one of my teams chances at playoffs. Had Romo go down early and since have been using Bortles. Of course on his bye week I pick up the guy that gets hurt on the first drive. I guess I can count myself lucky that I got 2 points.

Hockey
11-01-2015, 07:09 PM
Not a bad day when you have Brees, Beckham and Gurley in your lineup

rubecube
11-01-2015, 09:34 PM
Really lucky I'm playing the guy who had to build his team from the waiver wire this year, because I forgot to put Dion Lewis back in my lineup yesterday.
Well that arrogance sure looks misplaced now. He had Eli, so now I'm hanging on by 7 points and hoping Graham Gano doesn't have a big night tomorrow.

Pagal4321
11-02-2015, 09:03 AM
Benched Palmer for Dalton...whoops. Good thing I still cruised to a victory.

Hockey
11-02-2015, 09:48 PM
Had a bit of a scare when Hilton had no receptions through 3 quarters. Was down less then a point heading in, but now have won my matchup.

Pagal4321
11-03-2015, 09:42 AM
Lost by 2 points thanks to Adam Vinateri.

Thought I would sneak a victory even though the other guy got 80+ points from his 2 QBs.

devo22
11-03-2015, 09:44 AM
My first two picks this season were Bell and Bryant, plus I also have Jeffery ... this season sucks.

Weitz
11-03-2015, 11:14 AM
Great week to have Bree's on the Bench. Thank god I still won. :bag:

toonmaster
11-03-2015, 01:02 PM
What a week in fantasy land. I lost all three of L.Bell, S.Smith, and K.Allen for the year. Geez.

Bootsy
11-04-2015, 05:53 AM
Injuries are just killing me , had a promising 5-0 start but now have dropped to 6-2 as the injuries pile up ...Charles, Bell and Smith all done and not to mention Coleman goes down early in the year only to have Freeman light it up in his absence and take the starter role away from him. My Qb's will be the only thing keeping me alive for a playoff spot.

rubecube
11-04-2015, 10:22 AM
I have pretty good depth at RB but the inconsistency of my WRs has been killing me, so I pulled the trigger on this trade today:

I get

Emmanuel Sanders
Reuben Randle

for

Gio Bernard
Mike Evans
Jordan Matthews

Leaves me with a pretty solid lineup, but definitely kills my depth.

QB - Ryan, Mariota
RB - Latavius Murray, Dion Lewis, Charcandrick West, Matt Jones, Chris Thompson
WR - Bryant, Sanders, A-Rob, Davante Adams, Randle
TE - Gronk

Pagal4321
11-04-2015, 11:33 AM
I have pretty good depth at RB but the inconsistency of my WRs has been killing me, so I pulled the trigger on this trade today:

I get

Emmanuel Sanders
Reuben Randle

for

Gio Bernard
Mike Evans
Jordan Matthews

Leaves me with a pretty solid lineup, but definitely kills my depth.

QB - Ryan, Mariota
RB - Latavius Murray, Dion Lewis, Charcandrick West, Matt Jones, Chris Thompson
WR - Bryant, Sanders, A-Rob, Davante Adams, Randle
TE - Gronk

That's a good trade for you, not sure why the other guy would do it though?

rubecube
11-04-2015, 12:10 PM
That's a good trade for you, not sure why the other guy would do it though?

He was in pretty rough shape after the weekend. His starting RBs were Joseph Randle, Forsett, and Vereen, and his WRs were Beckham, Sanders, and Steve Smith.

Knowing my luck and the luck of the guy I traded with, Evans and Matthews will end up turning it on for the rest of the season

malcolmk14
11-12-2015, 01:24 PM
Having some trouble with my starting lineup this week, as I have Devonta Freeman and Julio Jones on byes. Some advice would be appreciated:

QB - Cam Newton

RB - Pick 2 of Lamar Miller, Giovani Bernard, CJ Spiller

WR - Pick 2 of Pierre Garcon, Jordan Matthews, Desean Jackson, Eddie Royal, Doug Baldwin

TE - Rob Gronkowski

Flex - RB or WR that I don't play above (tentatively have Spiller in this spot)

K - Justin Tucker

DEF - Arizona Cardinals or New England Patriots

I've bolded who I have in the spots as of right now.

Da_Chief
11-12-2015, 03:28 PM
I'd put Jackson in at Flex, leave rest as is. Could be in a shootout with Brees if Cousins can keep up you have both his WRs.

rubecube
11-12-2015, 04:08 PM
I'd probably roll with Garcon, Jackson, Matthews, Bernard, and Miller.

Hockey
11-16-2015, 10:28 PM
So I have some horseshoes up my butt this week. In one matchup I won 107.5 to 107. I was ahead by a good margin going into the Sunday Nighter with John Brown and Tyler Lockett left and he had Fitz, Haushka, Graham and Zona D. I got 0.5 from Lockett(Its a deep league, thats why I have him) and his one catch on the first drive won me my matchup

In my other league I started off 0-4 and now I am 6-4, just beat the 8-1 team by 2 points, thanks to Jeremy Hill getting 0 points.

icarus
11-18-2015, 05:40 AM
I'm in a dynasty league and I'm out of contention this year. I'm looking to trade some producing vets for youth.

I've got two offers for Lynch -- one involving David Cobb, the other involving Moncrief or Stefon Diggs. I'm looking for advice on how best to win or even out either proposal.

I've also been offered Nelson Agholar for Latavious Murray -- again, how to balance or win this trade?

DropIt
11-18-2015, 10:32 AM
Stefon Diggs for Lynch at this point seems like a pretty good swap in my opinion. Depending on what your keeper prices are.

Also not sure why you'd want to move Latavious Murray in a keeper or dynasty scenario. I wouldn't go anywhere near Agholar though, he is waiver fodder. I'd want a 2nd round pick at least with him for Murray

Pagal4321
11-18-2015, 11:06 AM
Ya, not sure I would move Murray for anything at this point. His value in a dynasty league should be pretty high.

Of David Cobb and Stephon Diggs, I would lead towards Diggs.

icarus
11-18-2015, 11:10 AM
Got Diggs and a 2nd for Lynch in the end from a Seahawks fan who is going for it this year.

rubecube
11-18-2015, 01:09 PM
Got Diggs and a 2nd for Lynch in the end from a Seahawks fan who is going for it this year.

Good job. That's an overpayment, IMO.

Hockey
11-18-2015, 05:30 PM
Cobb looked good in preseason, but with his injury Andrews kind of came out of nowhere. Not sure if that would hurt Cobb's value in the future. I am sure they will use both of them in the future and get rid of Sankey.

Skaloper
11-22-2015, 11:46 AM
I drafted Lacy/Forsett/Alfred Morris/Giovani Bernard as my RB's on my of my teams.

I never would have thought out of that list only Bernard would be worth starting by week 12.

Fozzie_DeBear
11-23-2015, 03:41 PM
How about my epic draft night RB lineup of Arian Foster, CJ Anderson and Jeremy Hill...it looked soo good.

MillerTime GFG
11-24-2015, 05:44 PM
I am starting Orleans Darkwa this week as my RB2...Orleans Darkwa. Not even a FLEX. Le'Veon, Dion Lewis, Marshawn Lynch all injured, and Darkwa was the best waiver pickup (deep league/12 teams). CJ Anderson my other starter. To think what could have been with those 3....le sigh.

At least I get to keep them for next year.

Pagal4321
11-25-2015, 03:53 PM
And this is why I go zero RB in all of my leagues. Every year, waiver wire RBs out preform high drafted RBs.

malcolmk14
11-29-2015, 08:55 AM
Have a couple options at Flex this week:

Tevin Coleman, Pierre Garcon

It's a 0.5 ppr league.

Da_Chief
11-29-2015, 09:11 AM
Coleman.

Fozzie_DeBear
11-29-2015, 09:59 AM
And this is why I go zero RB in all of my leagues. Every year, waiver wire RBs out preform high drafted RBs.

This year...with the exception of Gronk and Adrian Peterson, Julio and ODB have any of the 1st round picks been reliable? It's been a tough year.

Da_Chief
11-29-2015, 10:07 AM
This year...with the exception of Gronk and Adrian Peterson, Julio and ODB have any of the 1st round picks been reliable? It's been a tough year.

Injuries happen but Charles, Bell, Forte, McCoy have produced when healthy. Antonio Brown has been good as well.

I don't think it's been that much different then other years.

Fozzie_DeBear
12-01-2015, 10:43 AM
Ok I need some advice for RB2 and WR2...which one would you pick at each position?

RB2...Mark Ingram, David Johnson, CJ Anderson
WR2...John Brown, Jordan Matthews (ew), Sammy Watkins, Stephan Diggs

Pagal4321
12-01-2015, 10:44 AM
Ok I need some advice for RB2 and WR2...which one would you pick at each position?

RB2...Mark Ingram, David Johnson, CJ Anderson
WR2...John Brown, Jordan Matthews (ew), Sammy Watkins, Stephan Diggs

Ingram
Watkins

Da_Chief
12-01-2015, 11:19 AM
CJ Anderson vs Chargers D is a better play then Ingram vs Panthers D
Watkins the WR

Weitz
12-01-2015, 11:39 AM
Back to back weeks my QB's have screwed me.

Rivers lays an egg, then Bress lays an egg while Rivers kills it.

Frequitude
12-03-2015, 01:30 PM
Wondering if you guys mind giving me some help this week. Its that last week of the regular season and I'm in a 4 way time for the last 3 playoffs spots so its a big one.

Here's who I have to choose from. I've bolded who I've got slotted in as of now.

QB (1): Ryan Tannehill vs Bal, Matt Hasselbeck @ Pit

RB (2): Tod Gurley vs Ari, C.J. Anderson @ SD, Giovani Bernard @ Cle, Ronnie Hillman @ SD

WR (2): Antonio Brown vs Ind, Michael Crabtree vs KC, Golden Tate vs GB, Emmanuel Sanders @ SD

TE (1): Zach Ertz @ NE, Coby Fleener @ Pit

Flex (1): Any RB, WR or TE that I don't play above. Currently have Tate in there.

Pagal4321
12-03-2015, 04:54 PM
You need to play Sanders somewhere.

Ertz is hot garbage but so is Fleener, so it's a toss up at TE.

Jason14h
12-03-2015, 05:35 PM
Balts pass D has actually improved a lot lately.

Any waivor guys you can stream? Mariotta maybe?

Frequitude
12-03-2015, 05:44 PM
K, swapped in Sanders for Tate. Available QB and TE are:

QB: Mariotta, Taylor, Shaub, Daves, Smith, Bradford
TE: H Miller, Tye, Clay, J Cameron

Cheerio
12-04-2015, 08:14 AM
K, swapped in Sanders for Tate. Available QB and TE are:

QB: Mariotta, Taylor, Shaub, Daves, Smith, Bradford
TE: H Miller, Tye, Clay, J Cameron

I would start Mariota this week and I think Heath Miller is better than either of your TEs. Colts aren't great against the TE. Are Vance McDonald or Zach Miller available? I would start one of those two over any of the ones you listed

Frequitude
12-04-2015, 08:36 AM
Mariota and Miller in. Check.

Both McDonald and Z Miller are taken unfortunately.

Cheerio
12-04-2015, 11:36 AM
Mariota and Miller in. Check.

Both McDonald and Z Miller are taken unfortunately.

Scratch what I said about Heath, he's unlikely to play this week. Clay is a decent play as is Tye, probably about equivalent to what you have

DropIt
12-04-2015, 07:26 PM
Mariota or Cutler?

Both playing meh defenses, both at home. Need this one since it's a win-and-you're-in scenario.

rubecube
12-04-2015, 11:04 PM
Mariota or Cutler?

Both playing meh defenses, both at home. Need this one since it's a win-and-you're-in scenario.

Depends. How evenly matched are the teams? If your team is slightly better or even, I'd play Cutler. If they're underdogs go Mariota, because his ceiling is quite a bit higher.

Frequitude
12-04-2015, 11:09 PM
Yahoo has me as a 126-122 favorite with their projections.

Slava
12-05-2015, 07:34 AM
Unfortunately with their projections you could finish anywhere between 87 and 155. I know I am late here, but I have Alex Smith and am happy with him for this weekend. Part of that is pure homerism, but they play the Raiders and that's a good matchup for Smith. Not sure that you want to drop anyone, but you could do a lot worse.

Fozzie_DeBear
12-05-2015, 11:02 PM
Mariota or Cutler?

I would play Cutler...

DropIt
12-06-2015, 09:20 AM
OK. Here is my other dilemma.

Tavon Austin or John Brown.

Both boom or bust plays. They both play each others defense and it's inter-divisional

Skaloper
12-06-2015, 10:53 AM
OK. Here is my other dilemma.

Tavon Austin or John Brown.

Both boom or bust plays. They both play each others defense and it's inter-divisional

I would say flip a coin on that decision.

Frequitude
12-06-2015, 01:56 PM
I would start Mariota this week and I think Heath Miller is better than either of your TEs. Colts aren't great against the TE. Are Vance McDonald or Zach Miller available? I would start one of those two over any of the ones you listedUm, thanks for the Mariota advice! Sure helped offset Gurley doing nothing. Can't say it helped win my matchup since its early, but it definitely helped me not 100% lose it.

DropIt
12-06-2015, 01:58 PM
I have made all the wrong decisions this year

Mass_nerder
12-06-2015, 03:46 PM
Why do I keep starting Murray?
The Eagles/Murray are terrible.

Hockey
12-06-2015, 10:25 PM
I have made all the wrong decisions this year

I am the opposite this year, ive made all the right decisions this year.

Started Matt Jones a few weeks back when he had that big game, started James White a couple weeks ago when he had that 2 TD game.

Today I did leave White and DGB on my bench in favor of Spencer Ware and Tyler Lockett, but didn't cost me too much as Antonio Brown and Roethlisberger both just went off for me.

Frequitude
12-08-2015, 12:32 PM
Well gents, the Mariota advice singlehandedly got me to the dance.

Mind helping with my decisions this week? Currently selected players are bolded.

QB (1): Ryan Tannehill vs NYG, Marcus Mariota @ NYJ
RB (2): Tod Gurley vs Det, Ronnie Hillman vs Oak, C.J. Anderson vs Oak, Giovani Bernard vs Pit
WR (2): Antonio Brown @ Cin, Michael Crabtree @ Den, Golden Tate @ StL, Emmanuel Sanders vs Oak
TE (1): Heath Miller @ Cin, Zach Ertz vs Buf
Flex (1): Any RB, WR or TE that I don't play above. Currently have Golden Tate @ StL in there.
K(1): Nick Novak vs NE
Def(1): Tennessee @ NYJ but I anticipate streaming the wire

Avaliable FA (waiver till tomorrow morning) sorted by highest Yahoo projections for Week 14:
QB: Brian Hoyer vs NE, Tyrod Taylor @ Phi, Alex Smith vs SD, Sam Bradford vs Buff
RB: James White @ Hou, Darren Sproles vs Buf, Ameer Abdullay @ Stl
WR: Tavon Austin vs Det, Cecil Shorts III vs NE, Nate Washington vs NE, DeVante Parker vs NYG
TE: Coby Fleener @ Jax, Charles Clay @ Phi, Austin Jenkins vs NO
Will Tye @ Mia
K: Brandon McManus vs Oak, Matt Bryant @ Car, Sebastian Janikowski @ Den
Connor Barth vs NO
Def: Philadelphia vs Buf, Tampa Bay vs NO, New York Giants @ Mia, Indianapolis @ Jax, Buffalo @ Phi

Fozzie_DeBear
12-08-2015, 12:44 PM
I would take Tyrod off of the waiver...not sure I would do anything else...

rubecube
12-09-2015, 11:06 AM
I'd take Jenkins off the waiver wire and drop Ertz. I picked up Smith this week, but I'm playing Mariota. I also like James White or Bernard better than Anderson or Hillman if you're playing PPR. For the defenses, I'd probably go with either Philly or Buffalo.

Frequitude
12-09-2015, 03:11 PM
Got Philly and Taylor off of waivers. (Hoyer too for my kicker in case the Taylor waiver failed). Will now pick up Jenkins and drop one of my QB for a kicker.

So QB roster now includes:
Tyrod Taylor @ Phi
Ryan Tannehill vs NYG
Brian Hoyer vs NE
Andrew Luck @ Jax (forget to mention earlier I have him stashed just in case)

Who do I start and who do I drop for a kicker???

rubecube
12-10-2015, 03:03 PM
Really praying the Vikings D steps up tonight. My opponent this week has Brown, Palmer, and Fitzgerald.

I have some dilemmas here for my PPR league. Need to choose between L. Murray, C. West, S. Ware, White, Bryant, and Sanders for two RB spots and 1 Flex.

So far I'm going with

Murray, West, and Sanders.

Pagal4321
12-10-2015, 03:10 PM
Really praying the Vikings D steps up tonight. My opponent this week has Brown, Palmer, and Fitzgerald.

I have some dilemmas here for my PPR league. Need to choose between L. Murray, C. West, S. Ware, White, Bryant, and Sanders for two RB spots and 1 Flex.

So far I'm going with

Murray, West, and Sanders.

I'd sub out West for White, he seems to be the go to outlet for Brady right now.

And I wouldn't have high hopes for the Vikings D, starting two safeties they signed this week and missing their best coverage/pressure LB. Should be bombs away for the Cardinals passing offense.

InBurkeWeTrust
12-10-2015, 03:35 PM
I'd sub out West for White, he seems to be the go to outlet for Brady right now.

And I wouldn't have high hopes for the Vikings D, starting two safeties they signed this week and missing their best coverage/pressure LB. Should be bombs away for the Cardinals passing offense.

I feel like tonight will be a bloodbath..

Big games for the three ari WRs and David Johnson I am betting

RyZ
12-11-2015, 09:54 AM
I think Im in a tight spot here in the first week of my playoffs this weekend and Im a little torn on who to start at QB between ....

Bortles @ home vs IND
RBerger on road vs CIN

Im leaning towards Bortles right now at home vs an easier matchup but RBerger has been on a tear lately, I just dont like the match up. What to do, what to do?

Fozzie_DeBear
12-11-2015, 11:54 AM
I think Im in a tight spot here in the first week of my playoffs this weekend and Im a little torn on who to start at QB between ....

Bortles @ home vs IND
RBerger on road vs CIN

Im leaning towards Bortles right now at home vs an easier matchup but RBerger has been on a tear lately, I just dont like the match up. What to do, what to do?

Tough call...if it was me I would roll Big Ben...but I wouldn't be surprised if Bortles does better.

rubecube
12-11-2015, 11:56 AM
Yeah, I tend to agree with the "stick with your studs" ideology.

Weitz
12-11-2015, 01:17 PM
I need a win in this last week paired with a win by the guy in first for me to make the playoffs. Well, he is sewering his team to screw me. Lame.

InBurkeWeTrust
12-11-2015, 01:33 PM
I need a win in this last week paired with a win by the guy in first for me to make the playoffs. Well, he is sewering his team to screw me. Lame.

Little bit of a sleezy move there

OBCT
12-12-2015, 09:05 AM
First week of playoffs are here and I'm incredibly torn about my RB and Flex situations. (Non-PPR, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex). Players in bold are my current choices to start.

RB
Devonta Freeman
Lamar Miller
Ronnie Hillman
James Starks
Shane Vereen

WR
A.J. Green
Randall Cobb
Eric Decker
Dorial Green-Beckham
Stefon Diggs (already played; sat)

Match-ups have me considering Vereen, Decker and DGB, but I haven't been able to convince myself to make a switch yet. Any suggestions?

Da_Chief
12-12-2015, 09:14 PM
I would do Decker for Cobb. Leave the rest as is.

Rhettzky
12-13-2015, 05:34 AM
Anyone else use fantasypros to import their yahoo league into? The 'my playbook' section on that site is pretty great... and free!

OBCT
12-13-2015, 08:11 AM
I would do Decker for Cobb. Leave the rest as is.

Thanks.

It's tough to sit Cobb just because of his perceived breakout potential, but Decker is so consistent I'm going to make the switch.

For me a bigger question now is Cobb vs. Hillman

Trojan97
12-13-2015, 09:03 AM
Couple questions, hoping the responses match what I'm planning on doing to I can feel better about it, lol. It's a 1 pt PPR.

I need to start 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 Flex...

My RBs are: Devonta Freeman, CJ Anderson, DeMarco Murray, Charles Sims, David Cobb & I just picked up CJ Spiller.

My WRs are: Amari Cooper, OBJ, Michael Crabtree, Davante Adams

I've been rolling with Cooper/OBJ as my WRs and Crabtree as my flex down the stretch and I've been pretty successful with it. Freeman has been my one auto start at RB and I've flip flopped Anderson/Murray to much frustration all year.

As of right now, I'm planning on starting Spiller over Anderson/Murray. Anderson's injury concerns are quite high and Murray is a complete boom or bust with the arrow pointed directly at bust lately on that offence.

What would you guys do there? I was leaning towards starting Murray for much of the week but given the PPR format and likelihood of a shootout between TB/NO, Spiller could do well for me receiving-wise even if he doesn't rush for much.

OR should I pickup Sproles last second and take a chance there? Decisions, decisions.

devo22
12-13-2015, 09:29 AM
made the playoffs in my 10 team standard scoring league (2 RB, 2 WR, 1 flex) and am unsure about my lineup this week ...

RB: Doug Martin, Javorius Allen, David Johnson (already played, was in the lineup as RB)
WR: Alshon Jeffery, Randall Cobb, Dez Bryant, Jeremy Maclin, Allen Hurns, Travis Benjamin

only sure about using Martin, but don't know about the rest. Cobb has been underwhelming and the other receivers have had lots of injury troubles ... Allen has a tough matchup. Right now I'd go Martin, Allen, Jeffery and Maclin, but really unsure here ...

Da_Chief
12-13-2015, 10:24 AM
OBCT - Hillman is scheduled to play, Chargers don't have the depth to throw the ball. Expect Broncos to take the lead and start pounding the ball with Hillman and co. Hillman over Cobb. Cobb can obviously break out too but something isn't right with that offence (mainly the OL) so my bets guess would be to play Hillman.

Trojan97 - If you don't pick up Sproles then do as you've planned on doing. Spiller in as 2nd back. 3 receivers being OBJ, Amari and Crabtree. You can drop Cobb and pickup Sproles and plug him in. Does the game matter this week? Either way you're 2nd back is Spiller or Sproles.

devo22 - Martin and Johnson as 2 backs. Jeffery, Dez and Maclin as 3 WRs.

All are my best guesses. Don't bash me if it all goes wrong lol.

rubecube
12-15-2015, 02:08 PM
Well my injury problems finally caught up with me last week. Such are the perils of zero RB drafting if your WRs go in the tank. Didn't have a single WR score more than 10 points and both of my starting RBs scored under 6.

Hockey
12-15-2015, 05:39 PM
Dominate regular season and lose first round of the playoffs. Tough to win when Roethlisberger and Brown don't get you any TDs and when you have Lockett on the bench. Also when going up against Russel Wilson it will be hard to get wins.

malcolmk14
12-16-2015, 06:49 AM
Got a bye in Round 1 so I'm back in this week. 1st place in the league and I'm playing the 4th place guy.

Newton - QB
Freeman & Miller - RB
Ju. Jones & Baldwin - WR
Gronk - TE
Bernard - Flex
Boswell - K
Patriots - Def

I am very confident this week! 7 straight wins and finished 10-3 in regular season with the highest scoring team.

OBCT
12-16-2015, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the help, Da_Chief. On to the semi-finals!

I have two questions this week:

#1. I've been rolling with Tannehill most of the season (traded away Brees, lost both Luck and Romo to injury), but am strongly considering taking a flier on someone this week as I don't love Miami's match-up with the Chargers.

Would you prefer to start any of these guys from the waiver wire?

A.J. McCarron
T.J. Yates
Teddy Bridgewater

#2. Which defense would you start?

Rams vs. Tampa Bay
Bucs @ St. Louis
Steelers vs. Denver

I'm leaning towards the Rams, as underwhelming as the second-half has been for their DEF, and as mediocre as this match-up looks on paper. This is still a solid group, and Tampa Bay's offense, while potentially dynamic, has been sputtering of late, and could be accident-prone on the road on a short week.

The Buccaneers DEF has been mostly useless in the past three weeks, so I don't know how trustworthy it will be in St. Louis, despite it looking like a good match-up on paper (ie. stop Gurley and you win).

Denver's offense certainly isn't anything special, but they have managed to limit their turnovers since Osweiler took over at QB. Pittsburgh's DEF is very far from dominant, but if their offense manages to score some points early, they may benefit from an inexperienced QB forced to try to make plays on his own to keep up, which could play into their hands.

Da_Chief
12-16-2015, 09:26 PM
McCarron has lots of weapons, he should be the pick there.

None of those defences are any good. Seems like your situation is kinda like mine. I had Rams most of the year, dropped them last week. This week I picked up Jags defence. Not many choices out there.

Fozzie_DeBear
12-17-2015, 03:45 PM
TE question...Kelce vs Ertz

Normally its a no-brainer...its just that Kelce has been so underutilized and it looks like Ertz is becoming more involved. And Matthews may be banged up.

rubecube
12-18-2015, 10:55 AM
Larry Fitzgerald is by DFS tip of the week. The dude absolutely owns the Eagles.

Mass_nerder
12-20-2015, 03:47 PM
Ugh, crazy day for Watkins, good day from Olsen, good day from West, and It looks like Aaron Rodgers is going to lose me the week.

ZedMan
12-20-2015, 10:18 PM
Godspeed all ye sorry SOB's whose opponent played Dave Johnson.

Fozzie_DeBear
12-20-2015, 10:39 PM
TE question...Kelce vs Ertz

Normally its a no-brainer...its just that Kelce has been so underutilized and it looks like Ertz is becoming more involved. And Matthews may be banged up.

Shoulda listened to my gut...Ertz>Kelse