PDA

View Full Version : CFL 2015 Regular Season Thread

Pages : [1] 2

M*A*S*H 4077
06-23-2015, 09:59 PM
Football is back!

So many questions going into the season. Can the Stampeders repeat? How many games will Ottawa win? Will Cornish run for 2000? Will the East be more competitive against the West?

Should be a great season. I'm hoping that this year the QBs are able to stay healthy. Good QBs are hard to find in the CFL and the league really needs the star QBs (Mitchell, Durant, Reilly, Ray) to get healthy and stay healthy.

Predictions:
West:
Calgary
Edmonton
Saskatchewan
Winnipeg
BC

East:
Hamilton
Toronto
Montreal
Ottawa

Calgary over Hamilton (again) for the Grey Cup repeat.

There is nothing more Canadian than the CFL, get out and support the league! #thisisourgame

The Familia
06-23-2015, 10:36 PM
My predictions:

Calgary
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Saskatchewan
BC

Hamilton
Montreal
Ottawa
Toronto

MissTeeks
06-24-2015, 12:12 AM
TSN released their top 50 players tonight. Mitchell and Cornish were #1 and #2.

http://m.cfl.ca/article/bo-knows-best-calgary-pivot-tops-tsn-top-50-list

Drake
06-24-2015, 08:15 PM
Calgary
Saskatchewan
Edmonton
Winnipeg
BC

Hamilton
Toronto
Montreal
Ottawa

Cheese
06-24-2015, 08:20 PM
My predictions:

Calgary
Edmonton
Saskatchewan
BC
Winnipeg

Hamilton
Montreal
Toronto
Ottawa

octothorp
06-24-2015, 10:46 PM
TSN released their top 50 players tonight. Mitchell and Cornish were #1 and #2.

http://m.cfl.ca/article/bo-knows-best-calgary-pivot-tops-tsn-top-50-list

Heh, Ottawa with #45 and #47 on the list (and you can't really argue that they have anyone deserving of being much higher). That's a bad team.

JiriHrdina
06-24-2015, 10:52 PM
If Fuller and Rodgers both stay healthy - they are on that list next season.

dash_pinched
06-25-2015, 11:23 AM
Riders going into their opener missing Dressler and Brackenridge...

M*A*S*H 4077
06-25-2015, 11:39 AM
Riders going into their opener missing Dressler and Brackenridge...
That stinks. Dressler is the one truly dependable receiver and Breckenridge allows the D to show a bunch of different looks as he can line up all over the place. Hopefully neither are out for long

OzSome
06-25-2015, 08:24 PM
Ottawa looks good with their receiving crew. Chris Williams, Mo Price, Ernest Jackson, Ellingson, Brad Sinopli, etc..

I did not start watching until the 2nd half and noticed QB Brandon Bridges is playing QB for Montreal. What happened to their starter?

OzSome
06-25-2015, 08:36 PM
Never mind. Just heard both Jonathan Crompton and Dan Lefevre got knocked out of the game in the first half. Both of them with shoulder injury. Ottawa survived and won the game 20-16 even though Henry Burris threw some interceptions.

Drake
06-25-2015, 08:37 PM
Michael Sam has arrived back in Montreal.

Howie_16
06-25-2015, 10:41 PM
Riders suck!

M*A*S*H 4077
06-25-2015, 11:01 PM
Michael Sam has arrived back in Montreal.
Such a strange situation. He needs to earn back the trust of his coaches and teammates since he allegedly left the team without providing a reason

tvp2003
06-25-2015, 11:26 PM
Dan LeFevour apparently doing his best Tyler Cherubini impression (from Any Given Sunday). Can Brandon Bridge be the next "Steamin" Willie Beamon?

Mo Price with only one catch for Ottawa; meanwhile Nik led all Montreal receivers with 4 receptions.

Such a strange situation. He needs to earn back the trust of his coaches and teammates since he allegedly left the team without providing a reason

Agreed. Leaving in the middle of two-a-day training camp and coming back for the regular season isn't exactly the way to endear yourself to your new teammates.

MissTeeks
06-26-2015, 12:39 PM
Ouch:

@TSNDaveNaylor: Mtl QB J.Crompton separated shoulder, day-to-day, unlikely for next week. QB Dan LeFevour dislocated shoulder, likely done for season.#Als

OzSome
06-26-2015, 11:59 PM
Ouch:

@TSNDaveNaylor: Mtl QB J.Crompton separated shoulder, day-to-day, unlikely for next week. QB Dan LeFevour dislocated shoulder, likely done for season.#Als

LeFevour..the luck on this guy. This is the 2nd or 3rd seasons he's done for the season early. The first time he went out for the season was with Hamilton against Stampeders.

Resolute 14
06-27-2015, 04:56 PM
Well, I don't think we'll be seeing expansion to For McMurray any time soon. The CFL has to be mighty embarrassed about today.

Flabbibulin
06-27-2015, 05:08 PM
Wow, what a joke. Do people in Ft Mcmurray honestly have better things to do tonight?

browna
06-27-2015, 05:26 PM
Wow, what a joke. Do people in Ft Mcmurray honestly have better things to do tonight?

Looks like maybe 3k.
Must be the off week up there for the Suncor hourly workers.

The Familia
06-27-2015, 06:56 PM
That was disappointing attendance wise for Fort Mac. I thought that they would be all over a professional sporting event.

M*A*S*H 4077
06-27-2015, 07:31 PM
Durant hurt. No contact either, that's not good

OzSome
06-27-2015, 08:30 PM
Durant hurt. No contact either, that's not good

It's either Kevin Glenn a good insurance or a jinx. He got traded to Calgary and Drew Tate only played a few games before he gets injured and done for the season. He signed with BC and Travis Lulay lasted a few games before he was done for the season. This off-season he signed with the Riders and guess what, Kevin Durant got injured seriously in the very first game. Something is weird. :)

Drake
06-27-2015, 08:38 PM
@ArashMadani

Per #CFL sources: Inside the walls, Riders fear what many speculated-- That Darian Durant has a torn Achilles. MRI likely tonight.

White Out 403
06-27-2015, 09:12 PM
Woop. Nice start to the year for Bombers

tvp2003
06-27-2015, 09:17 PM
@ArashMadani

Per #CFL sources: Inside the walls, Riders fear what many speculated-- That Darian Durant has a torn Achilles. MRI likely tonight.

Holy crap. Kevin Glenn has some crazy voodoo doll magic; week 1 and Durant possibly done for the year?

Gonna be some sad people in Sask tonight...

OzSome
06-27-2015, 09:20 PM
Wow 4 QBs went down with injury in the first week. Montreal lost 2 QBs Jonathan Crompton and Dan LeFevour, Riders lost Darian Durant and Edmonton lost Mike Reilly. The worst part was all three teams lost the game also.

tvp2003
06-27-2015, 09:29 PM
Yikes, just saw the low hit on Mike Reilly that knocked him out of the game -- very ugly looking and wouldn't be surprised if its a torn ACL. Looks like he was wearing a protective brace, but hits like that are tough to watch.

If Reilly is out and Durant is done for the year, the West just got a whole lot less competitive.

PS that crowd in Fort Mac was pathetic. Edmonton fans too busy celebrating their Stanley Cup (ie Draft Day, Connor McSavior) win?

White Out 403
06-27-2015, 09:31 PM
Yikes, just saw the low hit on Mike Reilly that knocked him out of the game -- very ugly looking and wouldn't be surprised if its a torn ACL. Looks like he was wearing a protective brace, but hits like that are tough to watch.

If Reilly is out and Durant is done for the year, the West just got a whole lot less competitive.

PS that crowd in Fort Mac was pathetic. Edmonton fans too busy celebrating their Stanley Cup (ie Draft Day, Connor McSavior) win?

Would you drove 5 hours to see a stamps game?

jschick88
06-27-2015, 10:00 PM
Sask. Roughriders ‏@sskroughriders (https://twitter.com/sskroughriders) 2 minutes ago
#riders confirm Darian Durant suffered a ruptured achilles tendon and will be out for the remainder of the 2015 season.

tvp2003
06-27-2015, 10:22 PM
Would you drove 5 hours to see a stamps game?

Fair enough -- for some reason I was thinking it was closer to a 3 hour drive (which I probably wouldn't do for just a regular season game, but I'm sure there would be a number who would).

So how does that explain the 12K who came to the preseason game? Was it actually because all the oil workers are off this week(end)?

getbak
06-27-2015, 10:36 PM
It looks like ticket prices were pretty high for today's game (I don't know what they were for the preseason game). The alcohol-free family zone was $49 per ticket, and all the rest were $99. With the slowdown in the oilpatch, disposable income might not be what they thought it would be when they scheduled the game.

Also, from the highlights, it looked like the stands were filled up on the side where the cameras were, which makes sense since it looks like they were at least partially shaded and where the main concourse is located.

Regardless of whatever excuses they have, having an official attendance of 4,900 has to be disappointing.

Also, if the WHL was giving consideration to putting a team up there, I wonder if this gives them second thoughts? That would be a long way for teams to drive in the middle of winter to play in an empty building.

M*A*S*H 4077
06-27-2015, 11:25 PM
Horrible news about Durant and Reilly. CFL needed those guys healthy.

Ugly D for Saskatchewan tonight. Chamblin called it the worst tackling he has ever seen in the CFL. Lots of work to do, hopefully none of the other guys who picked up injuries will be out long, but I believe Chamblin said after the game it doesn't look good for any of them

flamesfan6
06-28-2015, 12:29 AM
Can we just cancel the season already? Half the QB starters are injured already....

Da_Chief
06-28-2015, 06:28 AM
Crompton - Out - Gives CAD QB a chance
Ray - Out - At least Harris looked great
Durant - Out - Glenn gets to play again
Reilly - Out - Nichols gets another chance
Lulay - Fragile as they come...

That's 4 of 9 injured. Another has barely played in last 2 years.

Burris
Collaros
Willy
Bo

Stamps road got easier but not good for the league.

corporatejay
06-28-2015, 07:19 AM
Pretty stoked that we have Drew Tate as a back up too

chummer
06-28-2015, 07:44 AM
Pretty stoked that we have Drew Tate as a back up too

I'm sure Huff could get a King's ransom for Tate right now.
I'm pretty sure though he's more interested in winning another championship.

Great insurance to have.

Da_Chief
06-28-2015, 08:45 AM

Great insurance to have.

Even with king's ransom, where are we weak? Ottawa's defensive player of the year last year came to us and is a backup here.

QB - no need
RB - best in the league
WR - Unless a guy like Bowman comes back, I'd rather stick with our potential
OL - Might need some help here, but a new line will take time to gel
DL - Happy with what we have
LB - One of the best trio
DBs - 3 of them all-stars last year?
ST - Best in the league

So if we were to make Drew available, the only place the return would start is OL. Even then a new guy will take time to learn the new system, the guys we have are good ball players.

We have a real good shot at repeating. Our QB struggled, OL struggled yet we still beat the Grey Cup Finalists.

Fire
06-28-2015, 09:04 AM
So Stamps already won the West. Time to start resting players for the Grey Cup. ;)

corporatejay
06-28-2015, 09:07 AM

Great insurance to have.

There is no way Mitchell starts 18 games this year, none. We have two legitimate starters here and it's needed. Probably also the reason Tate hasn't thrown a fit. he knows he'll get his chance and will be probably starting somewhere else in a couple of years. I mean, he's the reason Mitchell is the starter, Tate can't stay healthy.

tvp2003
06-28-2015, 01:12 PM
The lack of QB depth was the major cause of struggling offences last year; week 1 didn't do anything to help the cause. For Eskimo fans, hopefully just a sprain for Reilly; Matt Nichols wasn't exactly moving the offence once he got into the game.

Going back to the Fort Mac game -- I wonder how much revenue the Argos lost at the end of the day. Between the lack of tickets sold (based on attendance), and the absence of any season ticket revenue for that game, it couldn't have been pretty.

Yoho
06-29-2015, 12:33 PM
@SUNMitchell: Juwan Simpson is not practising today. Suffered a leg injury Friday. #CFL

MissTeeks
06-29-2015, 08:42 PM
Crompton is going on the six game injury list:

Didier Orméjuste ‏@DidierRDS 2h2 hours ago (https://twitter.com/DidierRDS/status/615680047819657216)

The Alouettes have QB Jonathan Crompton (shoulder) on the 6-game injured list. #Alouettes (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Alouettes?src=hash) #CFL (https://twitter.com/hashtag/CFL?src=hash)

Maccalus
06-29-2015, 09:46 PM
I Created a Fantasy group called Calgary Puck for anyone who is interested to try the CFL style Fantasy Football through TSN's site this year. Join up and we can have some fun.

Fantasy Link:
http://cflfantasy.tsn.ca/

Direct to the Group Link:
http://cflfantasy.tsn.ca/tsn/cfl15_en/leagues?view_group=998007&sticky=1

Drake
06-30-2015, 12:09 PM
@EdmontonEsks:
INJURY UPDATE: Medical tests conifrm extent of QB Mike Reilly's knee injury. Est recovery time is approx 10-12 weeks

dash_pinched
06-30-2015, 02:53 PM
Geez, two years in a row the CFL is plagued by injuries to marquee QBs. While on the surface this may help the Stamps, it really hurts the league as it needs its best players on the field.

tvp2003
06-30-2015, 06:57 PM
Wow. 10-12 weeks is bad, but it could have even been worse for Reilly. At least he has a chance of playing against this year.

Unfortunately, I don't see Nichols keeping this team at 0.500 -- how long until third stringer Jordan Lynch gets a look?

Cheese
06-30-2015, 08:44 PM
with 1st string QBs out in Edm, BC and Sask Stamps should have a good lead on most teams half way through this campaign. Problem is if any come back they will be fresh...and sometimes thats enough to get a team rolling at just the right time.

Drake
07-01-2015, 08:41 PM
What an interesting start to the season, Paul McCallum has signed with the Riders.

OzSome
07-01-2015, 09:23 PM
What an interesting start to the season, Paul McCallum has signed with the Riders.

I can't believe the Argos didn't go after him since their kicker/punter Swayzse Waters is injured. Not sure who'll do the kicking duties for them next game.

M*A*S*H 4077
07-02-2015, 11:03 AM
Definitely an upgrade on Milo. Good signing, but finding a competent kicker is going to need to be a priority for next year

Da_Chief
07-02-2015, 03:28 PM
Stamps have a guy but it'll cost you your 1st round pick.

MissTeeks
07-02-2015, 07:21 PM
Down goes another QB. Drew Willy had to be helped off the field.

troutman
07-02-2015, 08:02 PM
Why is anyone punting to Banks?

OzSome
07-02-2015, 08:30 PM
Just turned on the TV and checked the game. After 1st half Winnipeg is getting killed by Hamilton and I heard QB Drew Willy is done for tonight. What is going on with all these QB going down? 2nd week and that's 5 now? Wow!

M*A*S*H 4077
07-02-2015, 09:31 PM
Absolutely brutal with all these QB injuries. Horrible luck

Zach
07-03-2015, 10:33 AM
Lemar Durant is going to be a stud for the Stamps.

M*A*S*H 4077
07-03-2015, 12:52 PM
I wonder if all the rules to protect QBs are actually doing them a disservice as they aren't protecting themselves as much in the pocket. Hanging in there to make a play a split second longer. I'm not sure that's actually the case, but something to think about

OzSome
07-04-2015, 07:31 PM
Great that Travis Lulay played the whole game injured-free. Ottawa is now 2-0 early in the season. They won the total of 2 games last season so that's pretty good. I guess the RedBlacks organization should send Calgary Stampeders a thank you gift for having to fill up their rosters with mostly ex-Stampeders. Brad Sinopli, Maurice Price, Jon Gott, Malik Jackson, Jock Sanders, and others. Even their QB Henry Burris used to play for Stamps and of course their head coach Rick Campbell. Anyways i am glad Ottawa won and doing well. I guess they are my team in the East even though Nik Lewis, one of my favorite is playing for Montreal.

M*A*S*H 4077
07-05-2015, 02:49 PM
So this is what Stamps fan feel like. Having a competent backup QB and a kicker that can actually kick straight. A lot of work still to do and that defence is still pretty porous. Baby steps

M*A*S*H 4077
07-05-2015, 05:00 PM
Chamblin's butter soft defence and zero discipline is what cost this team. Glenn played outstanding, that pick wasn't entirely his fault. Bad throw, but Taj Smith moved away from the throw.

Good football game, the league needed a game like that

OzSome
07-05-2015, 05:23 PM
What a finish in Saskatchewan!! Double OT and Toronto won it. Very impressed with QB Trevor Harris. The guy starts for only the third time in the CFL so far and he plays like a veteran QB. I don't even think I've seen him panic at all especially late in the game. Owens is a beast. Whoever is making the call for Saskatchewan should be fired. What the heck is Brackenridge playing so deep and giving the receiver so much room? What is up with Saskatchewan having so many 'Smith' and so many tiny receivers in that team? That #2 Smith guy from Saskatchewan was pretty good. Love that new OT format. A team who scored a TD must play a 2-point convert automatically.

M*A*S*H 4077
07-09-2015, 12:34 PM
Riders have place Shea Emry and Ryan Smith on the 6 game injured list. So many injuries... Next man up!

OzSome
07-09-2015, 07:36 PM
Burris and the RedBlacks started well but did not score a point after they missed the field goal attempt. Then Henry Burris forced the throw and ended up getting intercepted by the Eskimos for an easy Pick 6. After a 2 and out by Ottawa, Eskimos Matt Nicholls threw a TD pass to Adarius Bowman. Eskimos 14-0 in the 1st quarter.

White Out 403
07-09-2015, 08:23 PM
Yards are 97-72...and the score is 29-0

http://s7.postimg.org/8cf8rj0kb/500px_Jack_sparrow_wut_by_zackfair1219_d4117e5.jpg

M*A*S*H 4077
07-10-2015, 10:52 PM
I miss the old downfield contact rules. There have been some horrifically soft penalty calls on both teams. Way too many flags on something that has zero impact on the game

M*A*S*H 4077
07-10-2015, 11:16 PM
Those team is ridiculously good at blowing football games. Top 2 or 3 offence in the league but easily the worst D in the CFL. Infuriating

M*A*S*H 4077
07-10-2015, 11:29 PM
Comical! Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Wasting yet another good performance by the offence.

dash_pinched
07-11-2015, 12:16 AM
Chamblin gambled when he should have punted and then decided to kick a FG when he should have gambled. In my opinion, this Riders loss is on the head coach.

M*A*S*H 4077
07-11-2015, 08:56 AM
Chamblin gambled when he should have punted and then decided to kick a FG when he should have gambled. In my opinion, this Riders loss is on the head coach.
I didn't mind the first gamble, the biggest problem there was not running down the clock prior to the snap. I also think the refs got that challenge bang on, forward progress clearly stopped, but no evidence to support a first down.

Overtime was just coaching scared. Give the ball to Messam, he was not going to be stopped. Chamblin got out coached by a rookie HC, it's gonna be a rough year in Rider land. That said I'm actually shocked at how good the offence looks this year. Chapdelaine has been outstanding and Glenn has been really good. That defence though... They just roll over and die come the 4th quarter

White Out 403
07-11-2015, 09:42 AM
It's hard to get excited about the Bombers right now considering last year. We'll see how goes as the season progresses, but, I'm excited to see the boys in town next weekend

DropIt
07-11-2015, 07:50 PM
http://ostalk.podbean.com/

Thought this would fit in well here.

Outsiders Podcast again, with an interview with former hall of famer Eddie Davis

Drake
07-11-2015, 08:57 PM
Geoff Tisdale will be joining the Riders. That should shore up the bad coaching decisions. Lol

The Familia
07-12-2015, 10:23 AM
Penalties aside (they have to do something to reduce the numbet of flags, totally destroys the flow of a game), I have been really happy with the games themselves. All but two games have been extremely close and competitive with a couple OT games and comebacks. Much better already than last year.

Sainters7
07-16-2015, 08:35 PM
Tolliver chokes it away. 17sec left and with 3 guys on you, you just gotta get down in that situation.

Drake
07-17-2015, 08:48 PM
Richie Leone is a clown. Injuries Tristan Jackson on a horse collar tackle, then taunted him afterwards

OzSome
07-17-2015, 10:19 PM
Weird call. Glenn clearly fumbled the ball so Tedford challenged the call on the field. The ruling turns out to be fumbled but Saskatchewan will keep the ball because BC Lions didn't immediately recovered the fumble. I guess Lions defenders were too casual on picking up the ball. Weird. I guess the lesson for the day is when the ball pops up, assume it is always a fumble so try not to stop playing.

M*A*S*H 4077
07-17-2015, 10:31 PM
How do you let a QB get over a 100 yards rushing?

M*A*S*H 4077
07-17-2015, 11:08 PM
Riders are being brutally outcoached this season

Trojan97
07-18-2015, 12:16 AM
Just for fun, I'm curious what people thought of the 3rd down call by Saskatchewan on 3rd & 19 with 3:09 left to kick a FG, down 13. This isn't a bash on Chamblin post, I'm just curious as a football coach myself to hear the opinions of others here.

There's 3 possible situations that could have occurred:
1. Make the FG and remain down 2 scores (which is what happened)
2. Miss the FG/fail to convert on third down and you remain down two scores going back on D.
3. Get the first down and have the ball inside the 25 with 3 minutes left down 13.

As a coach, knowing I have Richardson/Dressler out there, I'm giving my guys a chance to get the first down and trying to get that first of two scores with as much time as possible. At that stage in the game you basically can't afford to give up more than 1 more first down on D anyways so I would have played it a bit more aggressive.

M*A*S*H 4077
07-18-2015, 08:09 AM
I'm going for it in that situation. Chances of getting 2 more drives with enough time to score aren't overly great and the field goal doesn't make it a one score game. Toss it up to Richardson and let him use his size to win a jump ball

Flickered Flame
07-18-2015, 08:37 AM
I think the part that must have the Riders most worried is the fact that very little of their 0-4 start has to do with Durant being out. That defense is terrible right now.

transplant99
07-18-2015, 09:38 AM
I think the part that must have the Riders most worried is the fact that very little of their 0-4 start has to do with Durant being out. That defense is terrible right now.

yeah the D is atrocious for sure.

Durant though is a big loss no matter if the D is clicking or not. He is that teams heartbeat/leader and its becoming pretty obvious. Someone else really needs to fill that void. George, Getzlaf, whomever....one of the vets need to take the reins as coaching can only take them so far.

Glad they are struggling mightily though....hate that freaking franchise

dash_pinched
07-20-2015, 03:53 PM
Stamps have released Shomari Williams, I have to think the main reason he was released was to make room for an additional O-lineman.

/Although it's quite possible it was also a salary cap move as well.

Flickered Flame
07-20-2015, 04:42 PM
Cunningham also released today. Sounds like Lavoie is out for 3 months. Arthur has his physical tomorrow but he will be signed. Gotta think help for the oline is on its way here.

Flickered Flame
07-20-2015, 05:03 PM
QR 77 tweeting that both Paul Swiston and Andre Ramsey are getting looks on the oline at practice this afternoon. Swiston played in Winnipeg for a couple years and I believe Ramsey was in BC and the Seahawks before that.

Flickered Flame
07-21-2015, 07:20 PM
Lots of rumors on twitter tonight that Paul LaPolice will be the head coach in Saskatchewan before Labour Day.

OzSome
07-21-2015, 09:58 PM
Lots of rumors on twitter tonight that Paul LaPolice will be the head coach in Saskatchewan before Labour Day.

I am thinking the same thing that if Chamblin gets fired, Paul LaPolice will be the man for them since he used to be the Offensive Coordinator for the Riders before. I would think with their terrible defense, Riders might get rid of their Defensive Coordinator and replace him with Mike Benevides.

Flickered Flame
07-22-2015, 10:51 AM
Stamps sign Oline man John Estes.
@RogMillions: RT @SUNMitchell: Stamps have signed OL John Estes, who went to training camp with the BC Lions. He can play centre. That's the key. #CFL

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

OzSome
07-22-2015, 10:12 PM
Looks like Riders receiver Taj Smith is done for the season. He's done because of performance so far this season and because his legal trouble(aggravated assault charge).

Drake
07-22-2015, 10:42 PM
Looks like Riders receiver Taj Smith is done for the season. He's done because of performance so far this season and because his legal trouble(aggravated assault charge).

Chamblins press conference also mentioned his health today a few times. Hes nicked up, as a result been passed over on the depth chart and needs to be shut down to heal.

M*A*S*H 4077
07-24-2015, 10:09 PM
If receivers can grab the defender's facemask during a stiff arm then defenders should be able to grab the ball carrier's mask during a tackle.

Erick Estrada
07-24-2015, 11:10 PM
Boy the Lions choked that game away.

M*A*S*H 4077
07-26-2015, 07:26 PM
I hate football. Glenn hurt now too, hopefully he'll be back

M*A*S*H 4077
07-26-2015, 07:54 PM
Riders have looked worse every week. Might be lucky to win a game this year. The only competent coach appears to be Chapdelaine. Defence is beyond bad, can't tackle, can't create pressure, can't cover receivers. Stupid penalties. Just bad football

OzSome
07-28-2015, 08:33 PM
Stampeders activated DB Ciante Evans and RB Tory Harrison from practice roster. Added RB Jon Cornish and DL DeQuin Evans to 6-game injured list. Added National DB and Special Team Corbin Sharun and International RT Nate Menkin to a practice roster. Sharun played 5 seasons for Edmonton Eskimos and he led the team and 2nd in CFL in special team tackles in 2011. Menkin played a few games for Ottawa Redblacks last season.
National R Jabari Arthur been practicing with the team and no word if he will be activated to a roster yet. I am thinking he will be in order to fix the ratio when International RB Harrison gets in the roster. Also according to Hufnagel DB Buddy Jackson might miss the game due to leg injury.

calculoso
07-28-2015, 09:19 PM
I've been thinking about why the sudden rash of injuries to start the year...

Am I mis-remembering, or was this a very short training camp with very few exhibition games this year? Are the bodies of the players not up to playing condition, forced to go harder in the regular season (than exhibition games) and injuries are the cause?

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk

Da_Chief
07-29-2015, 10:34 AM
I've been thinking about why the sudden rash of injuries to start the year...

Am I mis-remembering, or was this a very short training camp with very few exhibition games this year? Are the bodies of the players not up to playing condition, forced to go harder in the regular season (than exhibition games) and injuries are the cause?

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk

Nah, nothing different. Some of the injuries have been freak accidents like to Harrison and Federkiel. Both went down without being touched. You can kind of blame that on the turf.

Broken right thumb for Cornish? How often do you hear that?

It is a physical game and injuries are bound to happen, easiest way guys get replaced.

Drake
07-29-2015, 12:19 PM
Glenn is out. Brett Smith is to start Friday. Chamblin said more to come on Glenn after today's closed practice.

M*A*S*H 4077
07-29-2015, 12:44 PM
I just hope they don't destroy this kid before he gets a chance to learn the game. OL needs to step up big time

Drake
07-29-2015, 06:22 PM
Glenn has been 6 gamed with a torn pectoral muscle. Yikes.

M*A*S*H 4077
07-29-2015, 08:16 PM
Glenn has been 6 gamed with a torn pectoral muscle. Yikes.

Brutal. Brought Glenn in to be the backup so they could shelter Smith and let him learn the game after the disaster of last year. 5 games into the season they're in a worse spot than last year. However, Montreal lost their top 2 QBs before the season started and they're doing alright. No excuses. OL needs to step up and protect Smith - seems whenever a young QB steps in for Saskatchewan it is an onslaught of holding penalties and sacks against.

Bring back Kerry!

OzSome
07-29-2015, 09:48 PM
I just hope they don't destroy this kid before he gets a chance to learn the game. OL needs to step up big time

Riders offense are actually doing just fine. It's their defense that is a problem.

Looks like Chamblin is safe for this week then. I am sure that will change fast if they lose another game.

M*A*S*H 4077
07-30-2015, 08:10 PM
Tackling is going the way of the dinosaur. Shameful by BC

White Out 403
07-30-2015, 08:40 PM
Winnipeg playing half decent? WHAT?

Didn't expect this but ill take it

The Familia
07-30-2015, 10:12 PM
Good for Winnipeg, would like to see them make a run this year! That fan base deserves a cup in the near future.

FlamesKickAss
07-31-2015, 11:04 AM
Question about going to a stamps game. What is the cutoff for kids to go to games without a ticket and sit on parent's lap?

EDIT: found it on the stamps website finally, it is 24 months.

M*A*S*H 4077
07-31-2015, 07:54 PM
Riders offense are actually doing just fine. It's their defense that is a problem.

Looks like Chamblin is safe for this week then. I am sure that will change fast if they lose another game.
When a young QB gets in the lineup for Saskatchewan the last few years it doesn't matter how well the line has been playing previously, they take a gazillion holding penalties

transplant99
07-31-2015, 09:13 PM
That new qb Smith for the riders isn't ready for primetime at this point. Rushing throws, hearing footsteps that aren't there, and turning the ball over.

He is no good.

OzSome
07-31-2015, 09:36 PM
When a young QB gets in the lineup for Saskatchewan the last few years it doesn't matter how well the line has been playing previously, they take a gazillion holding penalties

True. Smith is done for the night. Tino Sunseri is now in but it looks like Riders is going 0 for 6 tonight.

QB James Franklin is also in for the Eskimos with over 4 minutes left in the game and Eskimos leading 30-5.

M*A*S*H 4077
07-31-2015, 09:39 PM
I thought Smith showed enough (mostly in the first half) that they definitely shouldn't entertain the idea of going back to Sunseri, but he's not ready. I still like the potential the kid has

OzSome
08-01-2015, 06:56 PM
Gary Lawless on TSN was saying Brendan Taman is ready to fire Riders head coach Corey Chamblin during their bye week. Paul LaPolice or Mike Benevides are rumoured to be the replacement.

M*A*S*H 4077
08-03-2015, 05:13 PM
Onside punt touchdown Hamilton!

Resolute 14
08-03-2015, 05:33 PM
Love when trick plays pay off like that. Also, funny watching the Argos completely fail to do ...anything.

The Familia
08-03-2015, 09:16 PM
The East will be interesting this year. Could this be the first time an Eastern team crosses over?

dash_pinched
08-04-2015, 09:52 AM
Gary Lawless on TSN was saying Brendan Taman is ready to fire Riders head coach Corey Chamblin during their bye week. Paul LaPolice or Mike Benevides are rumoured to be the replacement.

Taman gives Chamblin the dreaded 'vote of confidence'

http://www.tsn.ca/riders-gm-chamblin-to-remain-coach-1.340311

Flickered Flame
08-06-2015, 11:17 PM
Thank you Chris Jones!

M*A*S*H 4077
08-08-2015, 07:13 PM
Rookie mistake by a rookie. He'll learn

M*A*S*H 4077
08-08-2015, 07:16 PM
What a response by Brett Smith!

MissTeeks
08-08-2015, 07:23 PM
Toronto might want to work on those special team tackles

transplant99
08-08-2015, 07:34 PM
30 penalties in basically 3 quarters....brutal.

MissTeeks
08-08-2015, 07:55 PM
So many penalties.

EldrickOnIce
08-08-2015, 08:16 PM
Excellent.
I hope they never win a game again.
Ever

M*A*S*H 4077
08-08-2015, 08:29 PM
So many stupid penalties. Just gave it away.

Yoho
08-08-2015, 08:37 PM
To say all those penalties isn't on the coaching staff somehow is naive

dash_pinched
08-08-2015, 09:17 PM
Hard to find positives in an 0-7 start to the season, but I continue to be impressed by Brett Smith, extending plays with his scrambling ability and making nice throws on the run. The kid is showing some fine poise out there.

tvp2003
08-08-2015, 10:00 PM
Hard to find positives in an 0-7 start to the season, but I continue to be impressed by Brett Smith, extending plays with his scrambling ability and making nice throws on the run. The kid is showing some fine poise out there.

I'm secretly pulling for the kid -- hope he can get through this season and then find a home outside of Saskatchewan someday. Good article about him leaving Wyoming after his junior year but not getting drafted: http://mmqb.si.com/2015/01/07/brett-smith-wyoming-quarterback-nfl-draft

Erick Estrada
08-08-2015, 10:25 PM
I'm secretly pulling for the kid -- hope he can get through this season and then find a home outside of Saskatchewan someday. Good article about him leaving Wyoming after his junior year but not getting drafted: http://mmqb.si.com/2015/01/07/brett-smith-wyoming-quarterback-nfl-draft

Seems like a decent guy but he's got such a noodle arm I'm not sure if he's ever going to be starter material.

M*A*S*H 4077
08-09-2015, 05:14 PM
Willy hurt. Right knee. Foot got caught in the turf on a hit

chummer
08-09-2015, 05:17 PM
That was nasty.

flamesfan6
08-09-2015, 05:20 PM
Hope it's better than it looks - but that could take willy out for a while.

Clean hit, just really unfortunate.

chummer
08-09-2015, 05:29 PM
No Rod Black, the Bombers still don't have a chance in this game.

Machiavelli
08-09-2015, 05:43 PM
Slow clap for the Bombers' O-line.

transplant99
08-09-2015, 06:16 PM
Tough stuff for Willy...that Bomber backfield is a freaking death knell for QB's.

Heard somewhere in my travels today that last nights Argos/Riders game was the 2nd most penalized in CFL history. Ugh.

Flickered Flame
08-11-2015, 09:00 AM
Drew Wily out 6-8 weeks. Decent QB but he's made of glass.

dash_pinched
08-11-2015, 09:15 AM
Drew Wily out 6-8 weeks. Decent QB but he's made of glass.

I don't know about that, he was running for his life against Hamilton. Former Stamp Stanley Bryant (who was signed primarily to help protect Willy) was getting beat like a rented mule against the Tiger-Cats. Knees aren't made to bend the way Drew's did.

Flickered Flame
08-11-2015, 09:16 AM
Good point but how many times has he left games or missed games?

dash_pinched
08-11-2015, 09:22 AM
Good point but how many times has he left games or missed games?

He has had difficulty finishing games this season, but he hadn't missed a start this season until this latest injury. Hopefully, he has a speedy recovery.

M*A*S*H 4077
08-13-2015, 07:58 PM
Ugly football game between Montreal and Edmonton. Just a comedy of errors

dash_pinched
08-14-2015, 09:37 AM
Thanks for nothing, Montreal.

Otto-matic
08-14-2015, 10:04 PM
This has to be the end of the road for Michael Sam's football career, he left he Als again.

http://news.yahoo.com/michael-sam-leaves-cfls-alouettes-235009090--spt.html

"The last 12 months have been very difficult for me, to the point where I became concerned with my mental health," Sam tweeted Friday. "Because of this I am going to step away from the game at this time."

Wish him all the best in his future endeavors, and his personal health.

Some of the Als’ problems specifically concern Sam. When he was allowed to return, and once the regular-season began, Sam immediately went on the team’s 46-man roster. So, while he hasn’t dressed for games, Sam has collected his game cheque on a weekly basis – still having failed to prove anything. He should have been placed on the practice roster instead, but the organization has completely mishandled the scenario and Sam has become a distraction. He doesn’t play on special teams and isn’t considered competent. Privately, more and more players are criticizing the preferential treatment he has received.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericmacramalla/2015/08/14/citing-mental-health-issues-michael-sam-steps-away-from-football/

Other news what happened to Chad Johnson? Did he quit on the Als too?

Da_Chief
08-15-2015, 07:23 AM
I'm glad the Sam story can be put to rest now.

transplant99
08-15-2015, 05:45 PM
Michael Sam simply wasn't a very good football player. Good for him to recognize this and collect himself.

As for on field action...its become quite apparent to me that the Tiger Cats are heads and shoulders the best team in the CFL this year.

transplant99
08-15-2015, 07:26 PM
51-12 now for the Ti-Cats......still in the 3rd qtr.

MissTeeks
08-15-2015, 07:27 PM
This game is ugly.

OzSome
08-15-2015, 07:32 PM
I'm glad the Sam story can be put to rest now.

No kidding! It is becoming to be a Kardashian news. I agree with transplant, I don't think he is as good as the media is making look like. Aside from the gay football news thing, media won't be following him.

Wow, BC is getting killed by Hamilton tonight. 51-12 and it is only the end of the third quarter. MLB Solomon Eliminimiam is now hurt. Travis Lulay is definitely not the same ever since coming back from injury.

Drake
08-16-2015, 10:41 PM
Elimimian torn achilles. The Lions D just got worse, as they have allowed the most yards per game in the CFL.

Otto-matic
08-17-2015, 03:38 PM
Not sure what started the witter feud between Mo Price & McDaniel

Vicki Hall ‏@vickihallch 31m31 minutes ago
Can just see John Hufnagel, face redder then a Stampeder home jersey, fuming while reading the Twitter machine at McMahon mission control.

At this rate, reporters will simply become Twitter curators is the near future if the Price-McDaniel-Simmons saga is any indication. #CFL

Da_Chief
08-17-2015, 08:02 PM
BLM is involved too. This got way out of hand. Mo Price needs to learn how to speak english. Simmons needs to shut the hell up and earn playing time. Marquay needs to chill out and move on. BLM needs to step away from twitter and get a lashing from Huff.

Drake
08-18-2015, 10:21 AM
Calgary has released Jasper Simmons. Methinks he'll be off to BC now.

Drake
08-19-2015, 12:10 PM
Jasper Simmons has signed with Winnipeg.

dash_pinched
08-19-2015, 03:16 PM
I guess Jasper (and his agent) got their wish, he'll surely get more playing time with the Bombers. Too bad Huf couldn't get an asset back in return, but with NFL cuts on the horizon, it does free up a spot for somebody just as good if not better than Simmons.

OzSome
08-19-2015, 03:21 PM
Jasper Simmons has signed with Winnipeg.

I like Simmons but kind of lost respect of him when he started ranting on Twitter. Yes I understand how frustrated he was being the Most Outstanding Defensive Player for Ottawa last season to be a bench player the next. Problem is he couldn't unseat Simpsons and Mayo. Rather than work his tail off and show the coaching staff what he can do, he used the social media to complain. This is after Huf spoke to him and promised him he'll figure things out. Anyways good luck on him in Winterpeg. I am just glad he didn't sign with the Riders.

So as it stands, we lost on trading Mo Price for Simmons and Buckner. But if you look on the positive side, Eric Rogers who replaced Maurice Price in the lineup is playing much, much better than Price, who's been struggling in Ottawa so far.

dash_pinched
08-19-2015, 04:10 PM
Mo Price's future with the Stamps was sealed when he fumbled the ball in the 2nd quarter of the 2013 West final. If he scores on that play, the Stamps cut the Riders lead to 15-13 and it's anybody's game. Instead, the Riders get the ball back and a couple of plays later, they're in the end zone and it's 22-6 Riders. It just took a year or so to cut bait with Price.

tvp2003
08-19-2015, 04:26 PM
I guess we'll find out how good Simmons really is, and if he can put his money where his mouth is. Should be interesting.

Mo Price's future with the Stamps was sealed when he fumbled the ball in the 2nd quarter of the 2013 West final. If he scores on that play, the Stamps cut the Riders lead to 15-13 and it's anybody's game. Instead, the Riders get the ball back and a couple of plays later, they're in the end zone and it's 22-6 Riders. It just took a year or so to cut bait with Price.

I think it was the emergence of Eric Rogers at the end of last season that ultimately pushed Price out of the picture. He signed his new (and apparently big) contract after 2013, so presumably the Stamps wanted him back. However, following injuries, stupid tweets about Michael Sam, and getting passed over in the depth chart in 2014 (he was scratched for the West Final), I wasn't surprised to see him traded.

MissTeeks
08-20-2015, 03:36 PM
Cornish has had his cast taken off his thumb:

Jon Cornish ‏@jonnycornish 3h3 hours ago (https://twitter.com/jonnycornish/status/634437581569003520)

A healthy diet supplemented by @AOR_Health (https://twitter.com/AOR_Health)'s Bone Basics and Advanced Bone Protection = No cast!

Scornfire
08-20-2015, 04:01 PM
what the **** haha

transplant99
08-21-2015, 05:06 PM
So the Als go into BC and win for the first time in 15 years last night...as a thank you to Tom Higgens...they fired him today. (TSN ticker)

Bizarre.

OzSome
08-21-2015, 05:06 PM
Tom Higgins were relieved of his duties as Montreal Alouettes HC. Hmmm..strange.

Drake
08-21-2015, 08:22 PM
Dave Naylor tweeted the decision to fire Higgins was made by Wetenhall prior to win the last night

OzSome
08-21-2015, 08:44 PM
Dave Naylor tweeted the decision to fire Higgins was made by Wetenhall prior to win the last night

Jim Popp is now the interim head coach. The guy survived with their slow start last 1-7 and got fired with 3-5 record with starting QB and backup QB injured in the first game? Is there anything else in this story?

Enoch Root
08-21-2015, 08:51 PM
Cleveland finishes off the Yankees, 7-3 final

MissTeeks
08-21-2015, 10:02 PM
I always enjoy watching Chris Jones lose.

dash_pinched
08-21-2015, 11:23 PM
Odell Willis runs his mouth and the Eskimos defence gets lit up for 49 points. Fantastic.

MissTeeks
08-23-2015, 02:12 PM
@SUNMitchell: Jon Cornish is out of his cast, and he chatted with the media today for first time. Sounds like he'll be ready when eligible Sept. 18. #CFL

@SUNMitchell: But Cornish also said if the Stamps lose the Labour Day Classic, he'd probably be asking to play in the rematch. #CFL

Drake
08-26-2015, 01:19 PM
@HomezofTheFans:

Getzlaf being helped off the field.

He was just running a route and his leg gave out. Legs giving out usually mean a knee ligament, however Getzlafs legs have been bad for years so who knows.

M*A*S*H 4077
08-27-2015, 08:35 PM
Montreal beat Hamilton but lost another QB. Cato left the game with an injury and didn't return

SuperMatt18
08-27-2015, 10:58 PM
8 turnovers, 9 sacks and yet they only lost by 7.

That's almost kind of impressive

MissTeeks
08-28-2015, 08:58 AM
No Hughes for the Stamps this weekend:

@SUNMitchell: Edge rusher Charleston Hughes and his team leading six sacks are out this week vs. #Bombers. #CFL

And no Jasper Simmons against his old team:

@Newstalkstamps: .@Wpg_BlueBombers place former @calstampeders LB Jasper Simmons on one-game injured

dash_pinched
08-28-2015, 09:18 AM
Stamps depth chart is out, in addition to Hughes sitting, Greg Wilson in for Joe West this week.

http://cfl.uploads.mrx.ca/cgy/downloads/downloads/2015/08/150829-rd-atwpg2015085456.pdf

M*A*S*H 4077
08-30-2015, 02:25 PM
This is worst the Riders have looked all season and that's saying something.

dash_pinched
08-30-2015, 03:44 PM
Why pull Smith, a young QB will make the odd mistake. Now you're messing with his confidence.

jayswin
08-30-2015, 04:07 PM
So Mash, you still believe in what you said about the Stamps or are you starting to come around? :D

dash_pinched
08-30-2015, 04:10 PM
Tino 'The Statue' Sunseri

M*A*S*H 4077
08-30-2015, 04:12 PM
So Mash, you still believe in what you said about the Stamps or are you starting to come around? :D

What? That they're the best team in the West? Always have said that. I'm waiting for Labour Day to see how Edmonton stacks up against them. I'm anticipating a good football game.

Tino is the worst. I can't believe he's still on the roster let alone playing.

jayswin
08-30-2015, 04:25 PM
What? That they're the best team in the West? Always have said that. I'm waiting for Labour Day to see how Edmonton stacks up against them. I'm anticipating a good football game.

Tino is the worst. I can't believe he's still on the roster let alone playing.

You did say the gap has closed significantly this season league wide, TSN was raving yesterday saying we're starting to show that we're still clearly the best team in the league, and in my own opinion the gap hasn't closed at all.

I'm just busting your chops again, though (flameswin). :D

Enoch Root
08-30-2015, 04:25 PM
knock knock!

M*A*S*H 4077
08-30-2015, 04:26 PM
It took 9 games for me to fully decide but Chamblin needs to be gone. His defence is pathetic and benching Smith is a mind boggling decision. Make Dyce the interim head coach and just ride the season out. Zero discipline. Penalties committed by Saskatchewan have been at least a 14 point swing in favour of Ottawa

jayswin
Wow, Riders just getting killed in the last two drives. 28 - 10.

dash_pinched
There's likely a very good reason Chamblin is 1-13 (soon to be 1-14) in his last 15 games.

jayswin
OMG hahahahahaha!!!!!!!! Second turnover in 5 minutes, and it's right in the red zone.

White Out 403
08-30-2015, 04:29 PM
http://s27.postimg.org/fg4ypg55f/20150830_162711.jpg

M*A*S*H 4077
08-30-2015, 04:30 PM
You did say the gap has closed significantly this season league wide, TSN was raving yesterday saying we're starting to show that we're still clearly the best team in the league, and in my own opinion the gap hasn't closed at all.

I'm just busting your chops again, though (flameswin). :D

I was wondering where this "jayswin" poster came from ;) I think the Stamps can be the best team in the league while the talent gap closed. Labour Day is where we all will see how good the Stamps are. They dominate the Esks and I'll agree with you!

dash_pinched
08-30-2015, 04:30 PM
Just my opinion, but the Riders quit on Chamblin today when Chamblin quit on Brett Smith.

M*A*S*H 4077
08-30-2015, 04:33 PM
http://s27.postimg.org/fg4ypg55f/20150830_162711.jpg

Pretty sure that's what my reaction was too

Just my opinion, but the Riders quit on Chamblin today when Chamblin quit on Brett Smith.

Tristan Jackson is one of the best DB tacklers in the league and he missed 3 tackles the first two drives. He quit before the game started. I think a chunk the players quit long before this game even started. Smith was the only spark they had at all

Enoch Root
08-30-2015, 04:34 PM
as much as I'd like it to be, I don't think that's pass interference

White Out 403
08-30-2015, 04:36 PM
as much as I'd like it to be, I don't think that's pass interference

Clear pi. He swatted down his arm

dash_pinched
08-30-2015, 04:37 PM
A couple more wood cookies and they're going to need a new log (lol)

Enoch Root
08-30-2015, 04:37 PM
Clear pi. He swatted down his arm

save those calls for next week

Enoch Root
08-30-2015, 04:40 PM
lol

this is only the 3rd worst loss in Roughy history

that's Oiler-esque

Redrum
08-30-2015, 04:57 PM
How is that POS Randy Richards playing this game and not suspended?

jschick88
08-30-2015, 05:01 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNsSHnrVAAAZ1xD.jpg:large

dash_pinched
08-30-2015, 05:09 PM
The real winners of today's game are the food banks...

dash_pinched
08-30-2015, 05:10 PM
Make it 10!

dash_pinched
08-30-2015, 05:12 PM
First and goal from the one ends up to be a turnover on downs - You don't see that very often.

Scornfire
08-30-2015, 05:14 PM
so when are the open tryouts?

dash_pinched
08-30-2015, 06:34 PM
https://i.imgur.com/gXKF9Cy.png

getbak
08-30-2015, 06:49 PM
For anyone who's curious: https://twitter.com/ArashMadani/status/638119651218714624

Arash Madani ‏@ArashMadani

So… #CFL teams to start 0-9 the last 50 years:

2015 Saskatchewan
2003 Hamilton
1998 Winnipeg
1994 Shreveport
1989 Ottawa
1981 Toronto
1979 Saskatchewan

Congratulations, Riders. You made someone think about the Shreveport Pirates for the first time in 20 years.
https://blog4dat.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/cfl_pirates.gif

dash_pinched
08-30-2015, 07:16 PM
Based on some of the comments coming out of Regina tonight, I wouldn't be surprised if Corey Chamblin has coached his last game for the Roughriders.

M*A*S*H 4077
08-30-2015, 07:32 PM
Chamblin better be gone. He's lost the team.

Enoch Root
08-30-2015, 07:42 PM
As much as I'd hate to see it, now is the right time.

If a coaching change can rally the troups and they can take 2 from the Bombers, they're right back in it.

Well, you know what I mean

OzSome
08-30-2015, 11:09 PM
Chamblin better be gone. He's lost the team.

Chamblin's watch has been a few weeks now. I wouldn't be surprise if GM Brendan Taman goes too.

dash_pinched
08-31-2015, 10:36 AM
Arash Madani @ArashMadani
BREAKING: Have learned Shawn Lemon has been released by the 49ers. Former Stampeder is a #CFL (https://twitter.com/hashtag/CFL?src=hash) free agent if he comes back to Canada.

Would be a nice pickup to help out the Stamps pass rush.

jayswin
08-31-2015, 11:21 AM
Stamps, grab him!!!

Drake
08-31-2015, 07:30 PM
Arash Madani tweeted Taman and Chamblin have been fired tonight. Bob Dyce will be interim coach and Jeremy O'Day GM.

M*A*S*H 4077
08-31-2015, 07:57 PM
Good. Dyce has been fairly good this year. Let him finish the season and try and find someone in the offseason

White Out 403
08-31-2015, 08:05 PM
I think the Bombers are going to make an offer on Lemon

tvp2003
08-31-2015, 11:01 PM
I think the Bombers are going to make an offer on Lemon

If the Stamps don't get him, my next choice is the Bombers (only because it ensures Jasper Simmons will never see the field for the rest of the year...)

Pizza
09-01-2015, 01:53 AM
If the Stamps don't get him, my next choice is the Bombers (only because it ensures Jasper Simmons will never see the field for the rest of the year...)

arent they two different positions?

Lemon is on the D line, Simmons is a secondary guy

Drake
09-01-2015, 06:34 AM
Gary Lawless thinks Eric Tillman will be the next GM in Saskatchewan.

dash_pinched
09-01-2015, 10:40 AM
arent they two different positions?

Lemon is on the D line, Simmons is a secondary guy

Isn't Simmons a linebacker? He couldn't get much playing time with the Stamps as it's tough to usurp one of Simpson, Mayo, and Raymond.

Yoho
09-01-2015, 01:59 PM
@SUNMitchell: Per sources, the Blue #Bombers, #BCLions, #RedBlacks and Stampeders are all in the mix for DE Shawn Lemon’s services. #CFL

dash_pinched
09-01-2015, 03:14 PM
@SUNMitchell: Per sources, the Blue #Bombers, #BCLions, #RedBlacks and Stampeders are all in the mix for DE Shawn Lemon’s services. #CFL

Has anybody heard how Brett Jones is doing with the Giants? I would like to have Lemon back, but I'd prefer Jones if he gets cut by the Giants and I doubt the Stamps have enough room under the cap to get both guys.

MissTeeks
09-01-2015, 05:45 PM
He made it through the first round of cuts:

@IanHamiltonLP: Former U of R Rams and Calgary Stampeders offensive lineman Brett Jones survives first round of cuts by the New York Giants.

White Out 403
09-01-2015, 08:01 PM
Gary Lawless thinks Eric Tillman will be the next GM in Saskatchewan.

Isn't he a sex offender???

Resolute 14
09-02-2015, 07:44 AM
A note for anyone driving to the Labour Day Classic this weekend from the south: Avoid Crowchild at all costs! The city is demolishing the Flanders Avenue bridge this weekend, and Crow is going to be down to one lane both directions. There are going to be major delays.

old-fart
09-02-2015, 08:20 AM
That Riders team is a mess. Chamblin is an ego maniac that was never a particularly good coach. Yeah, he got lucky one year when the Riders yet again blew the salary cap to buy a Cup, but all-in-all he's proven he's an idiot and I would be very surprised if he ever coaches in the league again. Taman is a goof with a career losing record.

The cupboards are bare and I don't expect a whole lot to change in the next few months. Could end up being a historically bad season in the flatlands. Hopefully last season and this season are the start of a long slide back to the basement where that team and their fans belong.

And yes, please hire Tillman again. That would be funny.

Da_Chief
09-02-2015, 09:47 AM
Bombers never learn. They acquired mediocre Nichols from the Esks for a conditional 7th. With all the NFL cuts right now wouldn't you try to bring up some guys from you neg list and see what they got? Instead they go for another proven mediocre QB.

White Out 403
09-02-2015, 10:14 AM
What? people are criticizing this trade? A conditional 7th is basically magic beans, and Nicholls is head shoulders better backup than Marve and especially Brohm.

White Out 403
09-02-2015, 10:28 AM
@CFL_News: .@SLemonator has 3 offers and will make a decision today #BClions #Redblacks #Bombers #CFL via @garylawless

Da_Chief
09-02-2015, 12:47 PM
What? people are criticizing this trade? A conditional 7th is basically magic beans, and Nicholls is head shoulders better backup than Marve and especially Brohm.

Its not the cost its the player. He hasn't proven anything just like Borhm and Marve so why waste a chance to develop a backup to Willy.

Better prospects can be had from NFL cuts right now but they're wasting more time of proven useless players.

Oh well. Stay mediocre.

habernac
09-02-2015, 01:36 PM
ex Stamp Lawrence Phillips has been charged with murdering his cellmate. That should add to his sentence.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2560010-lawrence-phillips-ex-nfl-rb-charged-with-murdering-prison-cellmate?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

MoneyGuy
09-02-2015, 01:48 PM
Bombers never learn. They acquired mediocre Nichols from the Esks for a conditional 7th. With all the NFL cuts right now wouldn't you try to bring up some guys from you neg list and see what they got? Instead they go for another proven mediocre QB.

They need a QB now rather than an NFL cut or a neg list player who is unfamiliar with the CFL and they gave up virtually nothing for the guy.

Da_Chief
09-02-2015, 04:00 PM
They need a QB now rather than an NFL cut or a neg list player who is unfamiliar with the CFL and they gave up virtually nothing for the guy.

And do what with this QB now? Do they really think they have a chance at beating the Stamps? Tiger Cats? Eskimos?

I doubt it. I even have them losing to winless Riders this weekend.

Willy has shown he can't stay healthy. Brohm, Marve and Nichols cannot be starting guys in this league. Might as well start planning for the future and bring in some new guys.

Develop a QB of their own. Calgary does it. BC does it. Edmonton does it. Sask, Toronto etc.

White Out 403
09-02-2015, 06:06 PM
Chief this is a weird Hill your appearing to die on...

Nichols is a significant upgrade on the garbage back ups we have now. We paid basically zero for him. What gives?

Lemon is a redblack. I don't blame him. My Bombers suck.

Da_Chief
09-02-2015, 07:28 PM
I don't really care. I just don't think he's much better then the crap the Bombers have right now. On a very good team his QB rating was 75 this year, even Brett Smith has a better rating then him. He has thrown 10 picks in 209 attempts. One of the worse pass % with QBs who have thrown some passes.

On that Bombers team his numbers will be even worse now. Good luck with him.

White Out 403
09-02-2015, 07:57 PM
I don't really care. I just don't think he's much better then the crap the Bombers have right now. On a very good team his QB rating was 75 this year, even Brett Smith has a better rating then him. He has thrown 10 picks in 209 attempts. One of the worse pass % with QBs who have thrown some passes.

On that Bombers team his numbers will be even worse now. Good luck with him.

If you think brohm and Nichols are close in skill you're out to lunch. Laughable.

Plett25
09-03-2015, 03:44 PM
If you think brohm and Nichols are close in skill you're out to lunch. Laughable.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNITuzyVAAA9_1j.jpg
I have always liked Nichols. He's had a couple of untimely injuries that have set his career back, but he has persevered and is having an OK season. Nothing spectacular, but he's doing exactly what you would hope your back up QB would do. The Eskimos are 6-3 and most of that was with Nichols at QB.

Nichols is kind of like Drew Tate, not quite starter material, but he's a very serviceable back up. Willy/Nichols could be a pretty good 1-2 for Winnipeg for the next 3-4 years.

Otto-matic
09-04-2015, 11:26 AM
Stamps sign Ken-Yon Rambo to a 1 day contract so he can retire a stamp.

Erick Estrada
09-04-2015, 11:30 AM
Stamps sign Ken-Yon Rambo to a 1 day contract so he can retire a stamp.

Nice. He was on pace for a nice CFL career until that brutal horsecollar tackle against the Lions that pretty well ruined his career.

dash_pinched
09-04-2015, 12:17 PM
Nice. He was on pace for a nice CFL career until that brutal horsecollar tackle against the Lions that pretty well ruined his career.

I remember that game and the player (Javier Glatt) who made that terrible horse collar tackle on Rambo. Chip Cox is one of the dirtiest players in the league and he got flagged for a horse collar tackle in last night's Lions - Als game. Not enough deterrent from the league to stop guys (need stiffer fines and suspensions).

Sainters7
09-04-2015, 02:03 PM
Cool to hear about Rambo.

On a side note, regarding another NFL/CFL hybrid, former Ticat Delvin Breaux has become the starting CB for my New Orleans Saints heading into week 1, with Keenan Lewis out 4-6wks.

He's been a big story in Saints camp, pretty impressive for a former CFLer who's never played an NFL snap to not just make the team, but is a week 1 starter (due to injury, but still). I know he wasn't a Stamp, but I always like to see former CFLers succeed down south, it lends credibility to the league. Just thought I'd mention it.

Frankly I'm expecting an at best 8-8 season out of my Saints and my hype going into a season for them is at an all-time low. But I'm intrigued to watch how Breaux performs.

Posted from Calgarypuck.com App for Android

dash_pinched
09-04-2015, 06:04 PM
I remember watching this TSN feature on Delvin Breaux, truly inspirational to see him continuing his football career.

52j3QI1Vj1o

MissTeeks
09-05-2015, 01:43 PM
Stamps getting an O-lineman back:

@Newstalkstamps: .@calstampeders coach Hufnagel says OL Dan Federkeil to return to lineup vs @EdmontonEsks

chummer
09-05-2015, 02:45 PM
Looks like Brett Jones has made the Giants 53 man roster.

Edit: He's on injured reserve.

OzSome
09-06-2015, 02:54 PM
Man, that was a lame penalty on Wpg LB Sam Hurl. He did not push Brett Smith that hard. Smith collided with someone from out of bounds. Good, TD was taken off the board then Riders just managed to get a field goal instead.

tvp2003
09-06-2015, 03:08 PM
Duron Carter cut by the Colts. I'm sure the Als would live to have him back -- he was one of the biggest reasons for their comeback season last year...

OzSome
09-06-2015, 03:24 PM
That was a catch by Darvin Adams. He lost the ball when hit the turf and Riders defender hit the ball with his hand.

Riders 13-10. Come on Bombers!!

troutman
09-06-2015, 03:35 PM
My TSN on Shaw 21 is constantly flickering? Anyone else got this? Other channels are fine.

troutman
09-06-2015, 04:04 PM
"Penalty aided drive" - does SASK have any other kind of drive?

OzSome
09-06-2015, 04:05 PM
Idiots. Too many dumb penalties that gave the Riders a TD instead of punting the ball deep. No wonder Bombers sucks this season.

transplant99
09-06-2015, 04:28 PM
man are the Bombers terrible....like worse than the Riders terrible, and that's saying something.

troutman
09-06-2015, 04:29 PM
Hitting the punter lost the game for WIN. If they didn't do that they would have soon had the wind and fewer points to make up.

Pizza
09-06-2015, 04:49 PM
damnit... was hoping to make it 10

i suppose 1 win on labour day would do for the season

M*A*S*H 4077
09-06-2015, 05:13 PM
Win!

White Out 403
09-06-2015, 05:20 PM
MOS is def the worst coach in the league. Terrible hire and I said it from day 1. Walters and MOS need to both go.

Pizza
09-06-2015, 09:03 PM
Win!

been waiting nearly a year to say that eh?

transplant99
09-07-2015, 11:13 AM
Waters just punted an 82 yard single....:eek:

Pizza
09-07-2015, 11:28 AM

...how?

M*A*S*H 4077
09-07-2015, 12:18 PM
Good thing he did or they'd be shutout right now.

This is a beat down