PDA

View Full Version : SOLD: Coleman 40 watt solar panel kit

ken0042
04-17-2015, 09:19 AM
SOLD!

Putting my solar panel up for sale. A friend and I each bought one, and he never uses his, so hoping to sell one of them. In mint condition and includes:

- Solar panel
- Charge controller
- Cables to connect to an RV or vehicle

Link to product details: http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/coleman-40w-folding-solar-panel-0112043p.html

I will also throw in 4 LED bulbs which will help with your dry camping. T10 base, same as the 194 bulbs in most RV fixtures. I am also happy to show you how to hook it up to your trailer. Setup isn't difficult, but I can understand it might seem intimidating if you have never done it.

From my own use I found the panel was able to supply at least 10 amp hours back to my battery. What that means is the with a 100 amp hour battery, and not wanting to let it go below 50%, if you are using 20 amp hours per day you will have 2.5 days of power without recharging. By adding in 10 amp hours per day, you extend your use to 5 full days. I did put this to the test last camping trip to Koocanusa, where we went through 2 full tanks of fresh water. Even with the water pump working that hard, we had no issues with power.

I am asking $100 for the panel kit and the LED bulbs. As you can see in my link the retail price is $250, however with full disclosure the panel goes on sale from time to time for $125.

Please PM or respond in the thread if you have questions.

MacDaddy77
04-17-2015, 11:10 AM
pm sent