PDA

View Full Version : Evander Kane to be traded?

Jets4Life
12-12-2013, 07:47 AM
There is much speculation that Jets star player Evander Kane, who is 22, wants out of Winnipeg, and could be dealt by the trade deadline. Some have the young star being packaged with Byfuglien, in a multi-player deal. Kane has been involved in numerous disputes (both off and on ice) with Claude Noel, and Jets captain Andrew Ladd (without saying names), clearly directed shots at Kane for being selfish, and not a team player, when criticizing the teams play.

What would Kane's return on the market be, and why?

Ashasx
12-12-2013, 07:51 AM
I'm not a big fan of Kane, but if I were a Jets fan, I'd rather they fire Noel before shipping out somebody who scored 30 goals as a 20 year old.

TurdFerguson
12-12-2013, 07:57 AM
If only there was a place we could all speculate on trades...

trublmaker
12-12-2013, 07:57 AM
I like Kanes skills but prima donnas not so much, sometimes trades can change a player but if Byfuglien is part of a trade we couldn't afford both. Also think Noel is a bit of a doofus so can understand why he would want out. Would love to have both.

stemit14
12-12-2013, 08:01 AM
This kid is an awesome power forward and he's young. He was a high draft pick in a very deep draft. The attitude problem will make teams nervous but I could see a big return for someone like him. 1st round pick, top prospect, and a 2nd round pick for most teams to get him. If byfuglien is included in the package it's another 1st round pick/top prospect.

There is no team in the league that could use those 2 guys more than the oilers. It would cost them their 1st round pick this year and probably next year's as well.

BACKCHECK!!!
12-12-2013, 08:15 AM
Oh man, I'm half temped to make a sales pitch video and send copies around to convince all parties involved that Edmonton is for sure the best match.

Think we could get Gretzky in on this?

Seriously, very few things would make me happier than seeing the Oilers move a major asset to land a scoring winger with an attitude problem.

"Let's point giant fans at the burning house, and we'll BLOW the fire out!"

Northendzone
12-12-2013, 08:17 AM
kane would likely be a very effective player, if he lands in a place where he really wants to be.......

if the jets trade both of these guys, they had better get it right........

iggy_oi
12-12-2013, 08:36 AM
Why would the jets want to ad byfuglien? Am I missing something here? He's second in team scoring and a very popular player in Winnipeg. If they are trading him, Kane seems like a throw in comparatively.

FlameZilla
12-12-2013, 08:38 AM
Kane & Buff are the type of players Philly seem pretty desperate to acquire. Might be a good fit.

19Yzerman19
12-12-2013, 08:43 AM
Kane & Buff are the type of players Philly seem pretty desperate to acquire. Might be a good fit.
This would have to be a pretty impressive return to get the Jets to do it, and Philly would have to be pretty sure they're making the playoffs. I say they're not, because I say Mason starts sh***ing the bed sooner rather than later. I realize the Metro sucks, but it would be a hell of a risk to take given that you're looking at probably Voracek + B. Schenn + 1st +.

Resolute 14
12-12-2013, 08:52 AM
Oh man, I'm half temped to make a sales pitch video and send copies around to convince all parties involved that Edmonton is for sure the best match.

Think we could get Gretzky in on this?

Seriously, very few things would make me happier than seeing the Oilers move a major asset to land a scoring winger with an attitude problem.

"Let's point giant fans at the burning house, and we'll BLOW the fire out!"

As amusing as that would be, if Kane doesn't want to be in Winnipeg, he doesn't want to be in Edmonton.

And before someone says it, he doesn't want to be in Calgary either.

Parallex
12-12-2013, 09:25 AM
Kane & Byfuglien?

That's a strange combo... trading one (Kane) would say "win now" trading the other (Byfuglien) says "rebuild".

The return would have to be high. I could see Philly maybe being a fit... Kane & Byfuglien for Couturier & the Schenns?

FlameZilla
12-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Kane & Byfuglien?

That's a strange combo... trading one (Kane) would say "win now" trading the other (Byfuglien) says "rebuild".

The return would have to be high. I could see Philly maybe being a fit... Kane & Byfuglien for Couturier & the Schenns?

In addition to Couturier being overpayment, I think the Jets would be overloaded with good young centres in that scenario. Little & Scheifele already there, plus Jokinen kicking around.

A deal centred around the Schenns makes an awful lot of sense though. It would be a way to try & get some more Saskatchewan fans to watch the Jets... :yay:

12-12-2013, 09:43 AM
I think Kane and the Canucks are a match made in heaven.

Punk player for a punk team, local boy, he'd be their Iginla, without the class and respect of the league.

I'd say Horvat, Kassian, and a 1st. Maybe more actually.

bubbsy
12-12-2013, 09:48 AM
I've only watched a few jets game, but whenever i do, i find myself amazed at how good kane is for his age.

I think the jets would be a bit foolish in letting him go so soon. Jets have some decent vets, and some high end prospects at C (sheifele, petan, etc), and D (trouba, morrisey). If they can get better goaltending and scoring depth (specifically that 2nd line) i think they can ride out this mediocracy (not rebuilding, not a playoff team) and contend in a few years.

I also think jokinen should go. the guy can play, but is not a winner in this league. If i were GM, only way i even talk about moving kane is if i can get an upgrade at the goaltending position, ideally a guy just entering his prime.

FlamesAddiction
12-12-2013, 10:06 AM
I like Kane as a player, but with all that baggage and only being 22, I think a lot of teams will stay away.

I could see him going somewhere like Florida where a player can act like a fool and it would pretty much go unnoticed.

bubbsy
12-12-2013, 10:08 AM
other than the vegas pictures, is there really anything out there outright suggesting he's got off-ice issues?

nightfx
12-12-2013, 10:59 AM
Kane & Byfuglien?

Not sure how trading a 30 goal scorer would be a "win now" move

OzSome
12-12-2013, 11:12 AM
I'm not a big fan of Kane, but if I were a Jets fan, I'd rather they fire Noel before shipping out somebody who scored 30 goals as a 20 year old.

I mentioned this on the other thread. Claude Noel is a bad coach. He is well suited for the minor league than the NHL. I figured Jets will fire Noel first before they even think of trading Kane.

wooohooo
12-12-2013, 11:15 AM
Kane for Sven + Backlund + Draft picks?

Resolute 14
12-12-2013, 11:19 AM

Again, if Kane doesn't want to be in Winnipeg, he doesn't want to be in Calgary.

Vinny01
12-12-2013, 11:19 AM

I wouldn't be shocked if the Flames went after Kane

wooohooo
12-12-2013, 11:21 AM
Again, if Kane doesn't want to be in Winnipeg, he doesn't want to be in Calgary.

He's rumored to have disputes with the coaching team. Do you have information I don't?

Resolute 14
12-12-2013, 11:24 AM
Read OP. Kane's problems appear to run far, far deeper than the coach. Also, it's pretty much been rumoured since the Thrashers relocated that Kane was not a good fit for a city like Winnipeg. Calgary, like it or not, is not much better in the NHL context.

CanucksWorstNightmare
12-12-2013, 11:31 AM
Brian Burke wants to make a trade for Evander Kane Feaster and Weisbrod disaggreed with him in what it would cost to bring him to Calgary so he fired both of them.Kane to Calgary for 2 1sts just like Kessel to Toronto

Reign of Fire
12-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Iggy 2.0, get him for a 2016 first rd pick

Jets4Life
12-12-2013, 11:33 AM
Read OP. Kane's problems appear to run far, far deeper than the coach. Also, it's pretty much been rumoured since the Thrashers relocated that Kane was not a good fit for a city like Winnipeg. Calgary, like it or not, is not much better in the NHL context.

There have been tons of rumors that Kane has left local restaurants, without paying his bills. He also stated publicly that he was being benched by Noel and the coaching staff, when Noel had just finished telling the media he was not cleared by team doctors to play. I've also seen heated arguments been Noel and Kane on the bench on at least a couple of occasions.

The fact that Ladd, the team captain, appeared to single out Kane for not being a team player, speaks volumes.

wooohooo
12-12-2013, 11:33 AM
Brian Burke wants to make a trade for Evander Kane Feaster and Weisbrod disaggreed with him in what it would cost to bring him to Calgary so he fired both of them.Kane to Calgary for 2 1sts just like Kessel to Toronto

If that was/is true... that would be sad. Kessel is far superior to Kane.

Stay Golden
12-12-2013, 11:38 AM

Kane for Sven, Backlund and a "9th round pick". If Burke got involved and worked his magic it would be
Kane and a 2nd for Backlund and Butler ;)

Travis Munroe
12-12-2013, 11:38 AM
E Kane has many similarities to P Kane - I would gladly take him, Hartley/Burke are more than capable of giving him a adjustment.
I like Sven but if we could trade this years first + Sven - take it!

As for "If Evander doesnt want to be in the peg he doesnt want to be in Calgary". I disagree... have you been to the peg? A young kid would love it in this city. The real test is if management can keep him on the right path between partying and playing on the ice.

Jets4Life
12-12-2013, 11:51 AM
As for "If Evander doesnt want to be in the peg he doesnt want to be in Calgary". I disagree... have you been to the peg? A young kid would love it in this city. The real test is if management can keep him on the right path between partying and playing on the ice.

I agree.

Winnipeg is home, but Calgary is the best city in the world. anyone not willing to play here is insane. Edmonton, on the other hand, is depressing and bland, and who wants to play for a team that management has driven into the ground?

Psytic
12-12-2013, 11:51 AM
E Kane has many similarities to P Kane - I would gladly take him, Hartley/Burke are more than capable of giving him a adjustment.

Calgary is boring he's better off going to Van or Montréal if he's looking to party.

Muta
12-12-2013, 12:01 PM
Calgary is boring he's better off going to Van or Montréal if he's looking to party.

Unfortunately I agree with this.

We all think Calgary is great, but if you really want a 'city' experience with great nightlife and for that 'big city' culture.... you go to New York / Los Angeles / Toronto / Montreal / Vancouver / Chicago / Boston / Dallas first.

We're pretty far down the list if you aren't from Calgary or southern Alberta. It sucks, but it's the truth.

Makarov
12-12-2013, 12:05 PM

Vancouver? To party?! Vancouver isn't even in the same conversation as Montreal with respect to nightlife (albeit neither is Calgary of course.)

Makarov
12-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Unfortunately I agree with this.

We all think Calgary is great, but if you really want a 'city' experience with great nightlife and for that 'big city' culture.... you go to New York / Los Angeles / Toronto / Montreal / Vancouver / Chicago / Boston / Dallas first.

We're pretty far down the list if you aren't from Calgary or southern Alberta. It sucks, but it's the truth.

Two of these things are not like the others...

Resolute 14
12-12-2013, 12:08 PM
Dallas is actually one of the markets that makes the most sense. Kane strikes me as the type of player who would prefer a low pressure market. Plus, it's a short hop to Vegas from Dallas.

Muta
12-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Two of these things are not like the others...

Both are very cosmopolitan and as large metropolitan centres, are both really fun to be in.

Makarov
12-12-2013, 12:25 PM
Both are very cosmopolitan and as large metropolitan centres, are both really fun to be in.

I'm not sure how one measures "cosmopolitanism", but by at least one measure, Calgary is more cosmopolitan than Dallas:

In addition, recent data showed that 26.5% of Dallas' population and 17% of residents in the Metroplex as a whole were foreign-born.[127] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas#cite_note-ReferenceA-127)[128] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas#cite_note-128)

SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas#Demographics

The foreign-born population made up almost one-quarter (23.6%) of Calgary's population in 2006, up from 20.9% in 2001.

SOURCE: http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2006/as-sa/97-557/p28-eng.cfm

NOTE: That data is nearly ten years old, and a conservative estimate would likely put Calgary at closer to 27-28% foreign-born residents now.

With respect to "large metropolitan centres", I'm not sure how Vancouver qualifies. Vancouver is 23rd largest in North America, grouped with Tampa, Denver, and Minneapolis.

19Yzerman19
12-12-2013, 12:38 PM
Having lived in both cities Calgary is more fun than Vancouver to party in. Vancouver sucks at night. Whistler's fun if you can avoid catching the clap.

To be fair it might be a different story if you have millions of dollars.

EDIT: I have never been to Dallas but have several good friends in Houston (real shocker in this city), all of whom say that Dallas sucks and that Austin is the place to be.

19Yzerman19
12-12-2013, 12:44 PM
To be realistic about the trade, what does Winnipeg actually want back? They have Little for 5 years, so that's one top 6 centre (ideally the #2 guy). They have Mark Scheifle, who you'd have to assume they expect to be a top 6 centre within that 5 year period as well. So if they're trading for a #1C, one of those guys has to either go with Kane or go somewhere else.

Realistically they need a tendy and perhaps a good defensive D, but those aren't really pieces you should be trading Kane for.

Unless it's Kane + for an offensive upgrade for the #1 line, dealing him makes little sense to me.

Muta
12-12-2013, 12:44 PM
I'm not sure how one measures "cosmopolitanism", but by at least one measure, Calgary is more cosmopolitan than Dallas:

SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas#Demographics

SOURCE: http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2006/as-sa/97-557/p28-eng.cfm

NOTE: That data is nearly ten years old, and a conservative estimate would likely put Calgary at closer to 27-28% foreign-born residents now.

With respect to "large metropolitan centres", I'm not sure how Vancouver qualifies. Vancouver is 23rd largest in North America, grouped with Tampa, Denver, and Minneapolis.

You're missing the point. For city life, I would place money on Kane finding Vancouver more attractive than Calgary. Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's just the truth.

I'm a die-hard Flames fan and I'm from Calgary. But Vancouver, as a whole, is a more interesting city to be in for many reasons. It's also one of the most beautiful cities in the world, in Canada, and it's relatively warm.

But I digress, let's get back on topic.

Makarov
12-12-2013, 12:49 PM
You're missing the point. For city life, I would place money on Kane finding Vancouver more attractive than Calgary. Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's just the truth.

I'm a die-hard Flames fan and I'm from Calgary. But Vancouver, as a whole, is a more interesting city to be in for many reasons. It's also one of the most beautiful cities in the world, in Canada, and it's relatively warm.

But I digress, let's get back on topic.

Oh, you're not bursting any bubble of mine. I've visited, and lived in, most of the largest and most exciting cities in the world. I know exactly where Calgary ranks in terms of glamour and excitement. And I don't disagree that the vast majority of people find Vancouver to be more glamorous and exciting than Calgary.

However, your argument is a straw man because that isn't what I was disagreeing with. I was disagreeing with your inclusion of Vancouver with the likes of Chicago, Toronto, Montreal, and Boston. It doesn't belong there.

19Yzerman19
12-12-2013, 12:54 PM
However, your argument is a straw man because that isn't what I was disagreeing with. I was disagreeing with your inclusion of Vancouver with the likes of Chicago, Toronto, Montreal, and Boston. It doesn't belong there.
In the sense of being a good place to live in general? Are we taking into account the fact that Kane is Rich? I think I'd rather be in Vancouver than any of those other cities given his wealth. Chitown or Boston have a case to be made.

Makarov
12-12-2013, 12:58 PM
In the sense of being a good place to live in general? Are we taking into account the fact that Kane is Rich? I think I'd rather be in Vancouver than any of those other cities given his wealth. Chitown or Boston have a case to be made.

I was certainly taking into account that Kane is a ~22-year-old millionaire. I mean, if you think that you can have more fun in Vancouver as a typical 22-year-old millionaire than you can in Toronto, Montreal, Chicago, or Boston, I can only conclude that you have never been to Toronto, Montreal, Chicago, or Boston.

EDIT TO ADD: I apologize for taking the thread off topic. And its worth noting that I was born in Vancouver, love Vancouver, grew up in Calgary, but haven't lived in Calgary for over a decade. I just love arguing about cities, urban life, and human geography in general.

Muta
12-12-2013, 01:00 PM

Why not? Because my perception of Vancouver is different than yours?

Makarov
12-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Why not? Because my perception of Vancouver is different than yours?

Yes. Exactly. Isn't that what we're arguing about?

Muta
12-12-2013, 01:04 PM
Yes. Exactly. Isn't that what we're arguing about?

I suppose so. ;)

19Yzerman19
12-12-2013, 01:36 PM
I was certainly taking into account that Kane is a ~22-year-old millionaire. I mean, if you think that you can have more fun in Vancouver as a typical 22-year-old millionaire than you can in Toronto, Montreal, Chicago, or Boston, I can only conclude that you have never been to Toronto, Montreal, Chicago, or Boston.
Never been to Chicago, have been to all the others, have been to Toronto many times and it absolutely blows. I have no idea who concludes that Toronto is a better place to live than Vancouver, that seems absolutely insane to me. I love Montreal, but the climate... ugh. Year round, even, not just the winters. Great place but wouldn't love living there. Boston has a lot going for it, can see that one. I mean I guess it depends on how important having the Pacific ocean, the interior, coastal islands, Whistler, etc within striking distance are to you.

Anyway this is a total de-rail so enough of that.

J epworth
12-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Kane already lives in Vancouver in the summer, so of course he wouldn't mind living there year round. To say he lives there because of the party or the cosmopolitan nature of the city is a misleading statement though, he lives there because that's his home, he has a place on the edge of the city by Fraser river, it's not like he's living it up downtown. It's the same deal as Eberle in Calgary, he lives in the suburbs of Calgary in the summer cause that's where his home is, doesn't mean he's going to request a trade to Calgary anytime soon though.

doctajones428
12-12-2013, 06:50 PM
Dallas is actually one of the markets that makes the most sense. Kane strikes me as the type of player who would prefer a low pressure market. Plus, it's a short hop to Vegas from Dallas.

Could you imagine having a line of Kane - Benn - Seguin?

http://static.tumblr.com/omq8zsh/qcKlxtg6q/randy_marsh_ectoplasm.jpg

Psytic
12-13-2013, 01:31 PM
Vancouver? To party?! Vancouver isn't even in the same conversation as Montreal with respect to nightlife (albeit neither is Calgary of course.)

My list is a better than Calgary list. I don't recall comparing Van directly to Montreal but I do remember saying both beat Calgary Imo.

Ozy_Flame
12-13-2013, 01:43 PM
Oh, you're not bursting any bubble of mine. I've visited, and lived in, most of the largest and most exciting cities in the world.

Where have you lived?

So far I see Vancouver and Calgary. Possibly Moscow.

edslunch
12-13-2013, 02:03 PM
Oh, you're not bursting any bubble of mine. I've visited, and lived in, most of the largest and most exciting cities in the world. I know exactly where Calgary ranks in terms of glamour and excitement. And I don't disagree that the vast majority of people find Vancouver to be more glamorous and exciting than Calgary.

"Calgary: It's not as bad as you think"TM

Vinny01
12-13-2013, 02:07 PM
Kane really seems like a player Burke would target. I get the feeling he is going to make a similar Kessel style trade for a player that is young but already established. I really don't want to trade our 1st 14/15, Gaudreau, Gillies, or Monahan

_Q_
12-13-2013, 02:09 PM
If Kane is willing to play in Calgary, I would easily do Kane for 2014 1st + Sven. I would even throw in a B level prospect like Reinhart.

Makarov
12-13-2013, 02:10 PM
My list is a better than Calgary list. I don't recall comparing Van directly to Montreal but I do remember saying both beat Calgary Imo.

Its a woefully incomplete list then. It seems strange to have only included Vancouver and Montreal out of the dozens of cities that should be on it.

Makarov
12-13-2013, 02:13 PM
Where have you lived?

So far I see Vancouver and Calgary. Possibly Moscow.

Not Moscow unfortunately. But I have lived in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Beijing, Hong Kong, and Istanbul (well, only for 6 months).

The "have visited" list is of course a lot longer.

mustache ride
12-13-2013, 02:16 PM
If Kane is willing to play in Calgary, I would easily do Kane for 2014 1st + Sven. I would even throw in a B level prospect like Reinhart.

Yikes! That first should be untouchable.

Vinny01
12-13-2013, 02:21 PM
Burke has referenced having a high pick next year and getting that pick right. I don't think he is looking to move it. Sven would not surprise me at all though

Yamer
12-13-2013, 03:39 PM

Never. And even never is too soon.

Psytic
12-13-2013, 11:48 PM
Its a woefully incomplete list then. It seems strange to have only included Vancouver and Montreal out of the dozens of cities that should be on it.

Feel free to add your own Canadian NHL cities then. I can only speak from my experience. I was just comparing Canadian cities I wasnt doing a comprehensive list or anything.

Makarov
12-14-2013, 06:11 AM
Feel free to add your own Canadian NHL cities then. I can only speak from my experience. I was just comparing Canadian cities I wasnt doing a comprehensive list or anything.

Fair enough.

Geeoff
12-14-2013, 11:10 AM
Calgary's 2014 1st is probably gonna be a better player than Kane... No way we include that as part of the deal. Reasonable chance that it is 1st overall.

spuzzum
12-14-2013, 11:48 AM
Party cities in Canada for Kane: Toronto and Montreal. Vancouver is definitely not a party town. Walk on Grandville on a Friday night around midnight and see how much you'll enjoy either the homeless people, drugged or spaced out freaks, or the $20 dollar drinks after waiting in line for 90 minutes after being poured on.

SeeBass
12-15-2013, 10:22 AM
When the heck did TO become a good party town?

That town is Westminster English uptight, so fricking lame. The hot woman ratio is pretty crappy too.

"Well it's 6:45 on a Friday I better get to the beer store before it closes and check out their vast selection of all 7 of the Labatt and Molson products." stupid government run poor selection.

Worst 3 years of my life living there

SeeBass
12-15-2013, 10:24 AM
Do some of the posters have memories like a goldfish? Trade a 1st rounder!

Have you seen and learned nothing in the last 5 years?

EYE_Overstand
12-15-2013, 10:30 AM
When the heck did TO become a good party town?

That town is Westminster English uptight, so fricking lame. The hot woman ratio is pretty crappy too.

"Well it's 6:45 on a Friday I better get to the beer store before it closes and check out their vast selection of all 7 of the Labatt and Molson products." stupid government run poor selection.

Worst 3 years of my life living there

the women in toronto are amazing and so is the party life.

i do agree about the government run liquor stores though

Da_Chief
12-15-2013, 10:33 AM
People have to realize that "1st rounder" will be a name soon and a person that will take time to develop. If you can get a guy like Evander Kane (not even close to his prime yet good player already) you make that move.

Sven and 2014 for Kane? done deal and I really like Sven.

Now you can play Gaudreau on that line and see if he develop into something good.

Kane-Monahan-Gaudreau Could be a dominant first line in couple of years.

Of course the ideal situation would be to trade Glencross and Cammi for 2014 1sts.

Sven + 2 2014 (non Flames pick) for Kane. Us getting a top 5 pick

Yanda
12-15-2013, 10:51 AM
Reasons to not like this thread.

1. The value people are giving our 1st round picks. (Kessel/Seguin thing is terrifying)

2. The Need/Desire to pickup a player that wont workout here/doesnt wanna be here. (Calgary Similiar to Winnipeg)

3. The need to rush a rebuild. (Trading prospects for established players)

H2SO4(aq)
12-15-2013, 10:57 AM
I'd trade Sven + Stempniak for Kane.

Brannigans Law
12-15-2013, 11:06 AM
Ya let's trade away a draft pick for a jerk who walks out on his bills, and locker room problem. To boot he's not scoring either. Pass.

Heavy Jack
12-15-2013, 11:13 AM
Even further to the point is that he is a LW and we have far too many LW'ers in the system to just go and add another one, who has attitude problems to boot as Brannigans Law mentioned. Pass for me.

VO #23
12-15-2013, 12:00 PM
I'd trade Sven + Stempniak for Kane.

However, the Jets wouldn't.

Psytic
12-16-2013, 01:34 PM
Reasons to not like this thread.

1. The value people are giving our 1st round picks. (Kessel/Seguin thing is terrifying)

2. The Need/Desire to pickup a player that wont workout here/doesnt wanna be here. (Calgary Similiar to Winnipeg)

3. The need to rush a rebuild. (Trading prospects for established players)

More than one way to build a winner. I would argue that LA rushed their rebuild by trading Schenn and Simmonds and so far its paid off. Not everyone is going to get pantsed trading picks and prospects for established players.

cKy
12-16-2013, 01:37 PM
With Marchand potentially on the trade list, why not do Kane for Marchand +2nd?

I'm terrible @ trades - probably doesnt help the Jets much (dont watch them, not sure what they need) but Kane with Bergeron could be awesome!

Inglewood Jack
12-16-2013, 01:40 PM
this just screams for a poll. put me in the approves Sven+ for Kane camp. I wonder how many people here a couple years ago would have been saying no thanks to that other Kane, the one who showed up in way too many spring break pictures, beat up cabbies and was trending downwards in offense. yeah, that one with the incurable attitude problems, who is now 1 point behind Crosby for the Art Ross race.

YYC in LAX
12-16-2013, 01:57 PM

I would be really, really, really against trading this year's first round pick which seems to be destined to be a top 5 pick. Hard to say for sure as the East is so bad at the bottom, but to better prove my point, I wouldn't give up a 10th overall for Kane.