PDA

View Full Version : Flames @ Coyotes - Jan 7th. Anyone going?

Ben_in_Canada
12-03-2013, 11:59 PM
I'm travelling across the US in January and managed to swing a day in Phoenix.
Are any CPers going to this game?
Looking for tips on what to do in Phoenix for the day & best place to get game tickets.
Thanks in advance :D

Cheerio
12-04-2013, 12:10 AM
I'm travelling across the US in January and managed to swing a day in Phoenix.
Are any CPers going to this game?
Looking for tips on what to do in Phoenix for the day & best place to get game tickets.
Thanks in advance :D

The rink is actually in Glendale. There is a whole area by the rink with a bunch of bars and restaurants just outside. Across the street from there is an outlet mall with some nice stuff. Can't speak for tickets as mine were free but I can't imagine they're hard to come by. Lots of really nice golf courses in the surrounding area too.

DoubleK
12-04-2013, 01:06 AM
StubHub is perfect for tickets. They will have a desk setup in the Just Sports store next to the movie theatre.

As Cheerio said there is a Tanger Outlet and a Cabela's right at the rink complex which is called Westgate.

IMO the best food (beer isn't bad either) is at The Yardhouse, but you'd have to be there at least two hours before puck drop to get a seat.

craigwd
12-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Love the Stubhub desk. Also have to make a stop at the In-N-Out burger nearby. Then make the trip to Tempe and all the stuff over there.

Jordan!
12-04-2013, 04:29 PM
Kabuki has great Sushi, it's in Westgate.

Bertuzzied
12-04-2013, 04:32 PM
I hear Amy's Baking Company is a can't miss!

Enoch Root
12-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Kabuki has great Sushi, it's in Westgate.
I'll second this - was going to post it but couldn't remember the name.

I recommend getting there a couple hours before, but they have happy hour on some items and beer is $2 IIRC.