PDA

View Full Version : Need Your Help For A College Project!

jkflames
11-14-2013, 08:33 PM
Hey All!

My name is Jaylen and I'm attending Lethbridge College for Business Management, eventually on my way to becoming an accountant.

For my business writing class, I, along with other group members, needed to write a business report on anything we wanted. We thought it would be an interesting idea to do a feasibility report on Calgary potentially hosting another Winter Olympics within 20 years. We needed primary research, so we're doing a survey to see where people stand on this subject.

Thing is, our audience is the citizens of Calgary and surrounding area, so getting good survey results is kind of hard to get while in college and living in Lethbridge. So we figured if we start spreading the survey around different Calgary websites, we could get actual results that way. And that's how I ended up on here (been a member for a while, haven't posted in a long time!) So if you could just do this short survey (only 10 questions) that would be awesome! Thanks for the help!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6CYTQW5

(I have no idea if this is even allowed here, just thought this might be a really efficient way of getting our survey to the people of Calgary)

nik-
11-14-2013, 08:34 PM
Someone's asking to get Wannamaker'd

jkflames
11-14-2013, 08:37 PM
Uh oh. Do I wanna know what it is to be Wannamaker'd?

Daradon
11-14-2013, 08:41 PM
Seems legit, just a survey. Join date is three years old.

Wannamaker'd is a term used when a person with low standing in the community (usually brand new) asks for a favor, (usually to win something) as it gets out that this site has a bit of say in the Calgary cyber community. It generally backfires on them in hilarious fashion.

I don't think it counts here, you've been around for a while, if quiet. And your not asking us to help you win anything, just to do a survey. Gotta get it done somehow.

It's called Wannamaker'd cause of a time it happened when a college student signed up to have us skew an online poll in his favor to win a project, and instead we voted for one of his rivals 'Wannamaker' and put her in first place.

Daradon
11-14-2013, 08:47 PM
Went to do your survey, question 3 doesn't work. Doesn't take a write in response as a filled in field. You'll need to add a yes button or something.

Francis's Hairpiece
11-14-2013, 08:50 PM
Done

SebC
11-14-2013, 08:55 PM
Uh oh. Do I wanna know what it is to be Wannamaker'd?If you don't know, you probably deserve to be hahmichael'd.

jkflames
11-14-2013, 08:58 PM
Fixed it. Thanks for the feedback! :)

Minnie
11-14-2013, 09:00 PM
Done

MRCboicgy
11-14-2013, 09:06 PM
I'm the one that suggested Chilliwack as a Canadian band, just so you know.

GGG
11-14-2013, 09:07 PM
Filled it out,

One thing I dont think is valid is asking people if they think it will benefit te economy or tourism afterwards. What I think is irrevelent. Just look at real results from studies done post olympics.

prarieboy
11-14-2013, 09:14 PM
Done

Daradon
11-14-2013, 09:18 PM
I think it would obviously help the economy, no way you can say it wouldn't, but might be a net loss overall with how much that the different levels of government would have to put in. Not sure how to say that in the survey so I just put neither agree or disagree.

Security issues alone have skyrocketed. Didn't have to worry about them so much in 88.

Cuz
11-14-2013, 10:03 PM
Done, always happy to help a student with this kind of thing, especially when it takes two minutes to do.

agulati
11-14-2013, 10:08 PM
Done. A quick survey to finish up.

DownhillGoat
11-15-2013, 12:22 AM
Went to do your survey, question 3 doesn't work. Doesn't take a write in response as a filled in field.
Oh, look at Mr. Fancy-I've-Been-to-the-Olypmics.
;)

Done, btw. Back in my day we had to walk around SAIT with a clipboard and #2 pencil. You kids and your fandangled interwebs surveys.

Daradon
11-15-2013, 02:03 AM
Heheh, I just got lucky. But it was a day I'll never forget.

I was 9 years old, in Cub Scouts. They knew of my broken family and my health troubles (in fact I had gone into heart surgery just the year before and they knew about that as my troop sent me a card) so I qualified as a 'needy' youth I guess. They had 5-6 Olympic hockey tickets for the whole Calgary troop I believe, probably got them through a charity outreach program of some sort, and I was one of the lucky few that got to go. I didn't even know they were doing a trip till I got a phone call to go. Makes sense they kept it a secret to the boys and even families at large, cause you can imagine what would happen.

It was Sweden vs. Czechoslovakia (it was still united then) and Sweden won 5-2. I can still see it in my head. Great day. There was even a penalty shot!

squirtle
11-15-2013, 02:40 AM
Done

Maritime Q-Scout
11-15-2013, 05:19 AM
I'm not from Calgary and don't live there. Filled it out anyway, if that skews your results let me know and I'll tell you which survey was mine (based on a write in answer).

Regulator75
11-15-2013, 05:50 AM
Done.

bossy22
11-15-2013, 06:54 AM
done

psicodude
11-15-2013, 07:00 AM
Done.

edn88
11-15-2013, 07:12 AM
I don't understand why Ken King is pretending that he is a college kid from Lethbridge.

Hevishot
11-15-2013, 07:34 AM
Done!

Puppet Guy
11-15-2013, 08:08 AM
done

Table 5
11-15-2013, 08:21 AM
Done.

I really hope Neil Young is still alive by then.

CaptainCrunch
11-15-2013, 10:22 AM
Done and just because of the Wannamaker comment, I think this needs to be bumped

qXrpdYKA58A

JobHopper
11-15-2013, 10:42 AM
Voted.

Cheese
11-15-2013, 10:46 AM
April Lavigne and Chad Krueger for Canadian entertainment please!

Robbob
11-15-2013, 12:50 PM

Why do you have to be like that?

Rerun
11-15-2013, 01:09 PM
I said yes to whether it would benefit the economy of Calgary and area... of course it would but I think the city/Calgary taxpayer would end up loosing money.

The Olympics are so enormously expensive to host now and I just don't see how we would end up in the black at then end of it all.

I wish your survey asked the question "Are you in favor of Calgary hosting the Olympics?"

For the reason stated above, I would have answered NO.

Unfortunately your survey is probably going to end up showing there's a lot of support for the Olympics... which there is... when there is probably a lot of reluctance out there to host it in Calgary (IMO)..

CaptainCrunch
11-15-2013, 01:49 PM

April LAvigne, now that's funny.

I put down Nickelback with an Avril chaser and have the Nylons come out of retirement during the closing ceremonies.

Senator Clay Davis
11-15-2013, 02:03 PM
Nickelback already embarassed Canada by performing at the 2010 Olympics, we should strive to avoid that again. As if Justin Bieber and Drake would be any better, because lord knows they wouldn't choose Rush.

Also done, and good luck with accounting, looks like you have no choice for designation (CPA or nothing).

REDVAN
11-15-2013, 02:09 PM
Done- voted for Nickelback.

undercoverbrother
11-15-2013, 02:17 PM
Done

Voodooman
11-15-2013, 02:43 PM
Done.

I vote for Maestro Fresh Wes for the entertainment.

MillerTime GFG
11-15-2013, 03:02 PM
Done.

CaptainCrunch
11-15-2013, 03:46 PM
Can't believe there were no write in votes for Snow

IIjmPQtP4yc

jkflames
11-15-2013, 10:05 PM
Wow! I just want to thank you ALL for the unbelievable support I had on this. We had to get 100 responses asap so we could start incorporating them into our report, and I thought I had to go out to tons of different websites/discussion boards/facebook groups etc. trying to get responses. But, here I post it CP, and only CP so far, and I get 100 responses in 1 day. Amazing. You all saved me a weekend of scouring the web, begging people from Calgary to answer a survey for a college kid. I always knew the people on CP were amazing, and this just proves it more. Thanks for doing the survey, and thanks for not totally not 'Wannamaker'ing it by skewing the results! (Now that I know what it is!)

Jaylen

Guest1
11-15-2013, 10:21 PM
Is Jaylen a boys name or a girls name?

What are you wearing?

Go home Lisa, you're drunk.

jkflames
11-15-2013, 10:25 PM
Is Jaylen a boys name or a girls name?

What are you wearing?

Go home Lisa, you're drunk.

Haha I'm a guy. I've never met any other guy "Jaylens" but have come across a few girl "Jaylynns" and "Jaylins." I was named after the NBA player Jalen Rose. (No particular reason, parents heard his name and really liked it.)

Maritime Q-Scout
11-16-2013, 06:22 AM
Wow! I just want to thank you ALL for the unbelievable support I had on this. We had to get 100 responses asap so we could start incorporating them into our report, and I thought I had to go out to tons of different websites/discussion boards/facebook groups etc. trying to get responses. But, here I post it CP, and only CP so far, and I get 100 responses in 1 day. Amazing. You all saved me a weekend of scouring the web, begging people from Calgary to answer a survey for a college kid. I always knew the people on CP were amazing, and this just proves it more. Thanks for doing the survey, and thanks for not totally not 'Wannamaker'ing it by skewing the results! (Now that I know what it is!)

Jaylen

You say in this post "people from Calgary" which by any definition I am not. Does that matter or do you want to pull my survey for accuracy?