PDA

View Full Version : Commander Hadfield ejected from Gravity

wooohooo
11-12-2013, 09:45 PM
http://www.thebeaverton.com/chris-hadfield-ejected-from-movie-theatre-for-loudly-heckling-gravity.htm

By the 30-minute mark, Hadfield reportedly made numerous rude comments such as, “Nice Soyuz procedure, Hollywood!” and “Oh yeah, because that’s what hypoxia as caused by rapid cabin decompression looks like you idiots!.”

Eventually, theatre staff was notified, and the Canadian living legend was loudly removed from the cinema. Witnesses report that he did not go quietly. One patron recalled, “The last thing I heard him yelling was, ‘Have you been to space? Because I’ve been to space!’”

Hahha... awesome.

kirant
11-12-2013, 09:48 PM
http://www.thebeaverton.com/chris-hadfield-ejected-from-movie-theatre-for-loudly-heckling-gravity.htm
That has to be one of my favourite joke articles in a while.

pylon
11-12-2013, 09:48 PM
Lol.

I guess unless it is published in The Onion, people will buy anything they read.

puckluck2
11-12-2013, 09:49 PM
I hope you realize that's a joke.

oilyfan
11-12-2013, 09:50 PM
I like it, the other headline in the "newspaper"

BREAKING - Police recover video of Vancouver Mayor smoking what appears to be salmon

kirant
11-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Lol.

I guess unless it is published in The Onion, people will buy anything they read.
Turns out Hadfield actually did have complaints about the accuracy of the show. Though I must say, I don't mind the way it was done ;)

http://arts.nationalpost.com/2013/11/12/chris-hadfield-says-sandra-bullocks-underwear-in-gravity-were-all-wrong-video/

Cuz
11-12-2013, 09:51 PM
My favourite part of the article:

During one crucial and deathly silent scene involving Sandra Bullock’s character’s desperate attempt to reach her vessel and avoid dying in the void of space, the man who brought honour and fun to Canadian space exploration let out a long, piercing, and altogether perfect fart.

jayswin
11-12-2013, 09:53 PM
lol

In other news, did anyone else watch his interview on Conan last night? It was unbelievable, but right in line with what we talked about earlier on Chris Hadfield; How Americans don't give a **** about things unless Americans are involved.

Conan somehow, despite the fact that Chris was wearing a poppy made not a single reference to him being Canadian. To me, it was quite obvious that he was going for the "Don't mention he's Canadian and no one will know" angle.

Talk show hosts ALWAYS mention where people are from when they're not American if the celebrity is well known as a certain nationality (Beiber, Drake etc).

Big gear grinder for me.

Knalus
11-12-2013, 10:53 PM
YZmCp7NocMA

BlackArcher101
11-12-2013, 11:02 PM
To me, it was quite obvious that he was going for the "Don't mention he's Canadian and no one will know" angle

I've seen Handfield reply to a comment of "He makes me proud to be a Canadian" with a something along the lines of how being Canadian should have nothing to do with it and that we should all be proud to be part of the human race and work together. He seems to downplay the Canadian aspect. Maybe it was a request of his to the show?

Temporary_User
11-13-2013, 09:42 AM
lol

In other news, did anyone else watch his interview on Conan last night? It was unbelievable, but right in line with what we talked about earlier on Chris Hadfield; How Americans don't give a **** about things unless Americans are involved.

Conan somehow, despite the fact that Chris was wearing a poppy made not a single reference to him being Canadian. To me, it was quite obvious that he was going for the "Don't mention he's Canadian and no one will know" angle.

Talk show hosts ALWAYS mention where people are from when they're not American if the celebrity is well known as a certain nationality (Beiber, Drake etc).

Big gear grinder for me.lol you are definitely reading way too into things. It is not some big conspiracy that Conan O'Brien the comedian is following along with.

If "Americans don't give a **** about things unless Americans are involved." why would they "ALWAYS" mention where other guests are from?
Why wouldn't they just have Conan emphasize how much more the U.S. had a hand in the training of Hadfield than Canada did?

Hemi-Cuda
11-13-2013, 09:46 AM
lol you are definitely reading way too into things. It is not some big conspiracy that Conan O'Brien the comedian is following along with.

If "Americans don't give a **** about things unless Americans are involved." why would they "ALWAYS" mention where other guests are from?
Why wouldn't they just have Conan emphasize how much more the U.S. had a hand in the training of Hadfield than Canada did?

I really hate the inferiority complex shown by so many Canadians

Cuz
11-13-2013, 03:17 PM
I really hate the inferiority complex shown by so many Canadians

Without it, we wouldn't have built the CN Tower ;)

Street Pharmacist
02-02-2014, 01:26 PM
Just listened to Hadfield speak and I'm not sure if there's a more compelling, genuine and intelligent person to listen to. Wow.

He described a launch day, a day in the space station, etc. So much cool stuff, but all relatable. I've literally listened to a hundred keynote speakers over the years and found him the most compelling. Clara Hughes was probably second just from an emotional perspective

malcolmk14
02-02-2014, 09:51 PM
I am hoping to see him at Teachers Convention next Friday.

He's also speaking at TED 2014 in Vancouver which is awesome.

Keselke
02-02-2014, 10:02 PM
zap4qbSXNxY

kootenayguy9
02-02-2014, 10:14 PM
I am hoping to see him at Teachers Convention next Friday.

He's also speaking at TED 2014 in Vancouver which is awesome.

Got my bracelet to see him next Friday at Calgary's Teacher Convention.

malcolmk14
02-02-2014, 10:29 PM
Got my bracelet to see him next Friday at Calgary's Teacher Convention.

Nice, I'm hoping a bunch of people who are signed up don't show, it is Friday afternoon after all. I didn't register in time.

GP_Matt
02-02-2014, 10:41 PM
Just listened to Hadfield speak and I'm not sure if there's a more compelling, genuine and intelligent person to listen to. Wow.

He described a launch day, a day in the space station, etc. So much cool stuff, but all relatable. I've literally listened to a hundred keynote speakers over the years and found him the most compelling. Clara Hughes was probably second just from an emotional perspective
My wife was there as well. I am quite jealous. She was going to ask him a question for me.
Did he answer anything about having to clear immigration control in Kazakhstan before taking off?

Street Pharmacist
02-02-2014, 10:51 PM
My wife was there as well. I am quite jealous. She was going to ask him a question for me.
Did he answer anything about having to clear immigration control in Kazakhstan before taking off?

No. Waaaaaaaaaaayyyy to many questions for him to answer.

Edit: Is she taking you to Orlando next year?

GP_Matt
02-02-2014, 10:59 PM
No. Waaaaaaaaaaayyyy to many questions for him to answer.

Edit: Is she taking you to Orlando next year?

She told me spouses weren't invited. If you know otherwise let me know and I will start planning a trip to Disney World.

Street Pharmacist
02-02-2014, 11:04 PM
She told me spouses weren't invited. If you know otherwise let me know and I will start planning a trip to Disney World.

Only allowed before or after. Lots of people use it as the end or beginning of a holiday. They stopped allowing spouses when people stopped showing up for seminars and events. Constant friction point in my marriage too. Lol

GP_Matt
02-02-2014, 11:09 PM
Odd, I skip meetings at my conference far more often when my wife doesn't come with me. My liver usually fares better as well.