PDA

View Full Version : Lego KidsFest

taffeyb
11-06-2013, 07:01 PM
If you have kids who love lego, the Lego KidsFest is coming to Calgary on May 16 to 18. Tickets on sale now...google "legokidsfest". It's a bit on the pricey side, but I bought a pair for my son and I -- leaving mom at home. Sort of like all of the traveling kid's show that come through Calgary. If you look at the demographics of the audience, you would think that 80% of the city is comprised of single parent families.

Wormius
11-07-2013, 12:26 AM
Sounds like it should be fun. I wish there was a real Lego store here that stocked some of the good stuff (i.e. Lego Technics parts). I saw some kits at Toys R Us, but would be nice to be able to pick your own stuff.

By the way, if your son is into Lego, there is a competition in Silver Springs every year (my son actually placed 1st and 2nd in his age groups the last couple of years). The adult-built entries are pretty impressive.

And Bricks4Kids was offering some classes at Cardel Place last year. One actually concentrated a lot on the Technics parts, which was really neat for my kids.

MRCboicgy
11-07-2013, 07:19 AM
Any sessions for Lego fans that probably will never have kids? :bag:

taffeyb
11-07-2013, 04:35 PM
Sounds like it should be fun. I wish there was a real Lego store here that stocked some of the good stuff (i.e. Lego Technics parts). I saw some kits at Toys R Us, but would be nice to be able to pick your own stuff.

By the way, if your son is into Lego, there is a competition in Silver Springs every year (my son actually placed 1st and 2nd in his age groups the last couple of years). The adult-built entries are pretty impressive.

And Bricks4Kids was offering some classes at Cardel Place last year. One actually concentrated a lot on the Technics parts, which was really neat for my kids.

My son has been at Silver Springs as well....it's a zoo, but quite enjoyable...

taffeyb
11-07-2013, 04:36 PM
Any sessions for Lego fans that probably will never have kids? :bag:

It appears to be wide open to anyone interested...

cKy
11-07-2013, 04:48 PM
It appears to be wide open to anyone interested...

Much like MRCboicgy!

Bum dum pun pshhhh

mykalberta
11-08-2013, 09:23 AM
How did you find out about the Lego Kids fest, was it posted in the Chinook store.

Ive been there twice in the last few months and didnt notice anything about it.

Thanks

albertGQ
11-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Just bought tickets for the family. Hope its worth the price. It's kind of expensive

Nufy
11-08-2013, 03:52 PM
http://legokidsfest.com/calgary/index.html