PDA

View Full Version : Pretty good deal if you are with Rogers (now) or other provider (later)

ricosuave
11-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Didnt know where to put this, tech or entertainment...

Rogers is offering over 100 magazines delivered to your tablet for $15 a month. 60 day free trial available too. Other providers will be able to join in December.

Check it out.

http://www.nextissue.ca/

My tablet (Nexus 10) wasn't listed in the Play store, but I was able to download and install the apk with no issues.

Travis Munroe
11-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Ill be lucky to find 20 I will read but no doubt this is a great offer.
Doesnt look like it'll work for Fido until Dec despite it being the same company.

Jimmy Stang
12-11-2013, 02:57 PM
Bit of a bump. I have seen this advertised on TV recently, and it appears that it is now open to everyone.

Pretty good value by the looks of it though. $10/month for 100+ monthly magazines, or $15/month for all of the monthly ones plus a handful of weekly magazines.

Does anyone know if a subscriber can read on two separate devices (phone and tablet)? I know that Netflix lets you activate 5 devices per account.

Bane
12-11-2013, 03:06 PM
Didnt know where to put this, tech or entertainment...

Rogers is offering over 100 magazines delivered to your tablet for $15 a month. 60 day free trial available too. Other providers will be able to join in December.

Check it out.

http://www.nextissue.ca/

My tablet (Nexus 10) wasn't listed in the Play store, but I was able to download and install the apk with no issues.

5.56mm or 7.62mm?

GoinAllTheWay
12-11-2013, 03:37 PM
5.56mm or 7.62mm? :rolleyes:

Ben_in_Canada
12-11-2013, 05:59 PM
5.56mm or 7.62mm?

For that price probably .22LR

pylon
12-11-2013, 07:42 PM
I downloaded the trial, and it seems pretty sweet. I wish it supported retina now, but I understand it is coming. This will come in very handy when I am on vacation next month.

DownhillGoat
12-11-2013, 07:59 PM
Basically the price of a magazine a month for that library? That's nuts. Signed up today!

ricosuave
12-12-2013, 08:28 PM
yeah wife and I are loving it, really happy we found it

Jimmy Stang
12-13-2013, 07:55 AM
It is a really interesting pricing strategy. Although they might lose some money on some hardcore magazine fans who spend a substantial amount each month, they will attract a lot of casual readers like myself who pick one up in the airport on rare occasions, but stop short of a subscription. At $15/month, I would end up spending $180/year on magazines when I would typically only spend 1/10 of that in casual purchases. And by doing so, their magazines are going to be read by another set of eyes - even if occasionally - that normally would have left it on the shelf. Yes I still feel that it is good value, even though my magazine spend will increase considerably.

As mentioned earlier, the resolution could be better on some magazines. Maclean's is particularly pixely, whereas Rolling Stone is a fair amount sharper. This is the only complaint I can think of so far.

And yes, it does appear to work on multiple devices. I'm not sure how many yet, but I have installed it and logged in on both my iPad and iPhone, and even my magazine list is synchronized between the two.

ricosuave
12-13-2013, 08:02 AM
You can share the subscription across 5 devices, so in our case, it really is only $7.50 per month for me and $7.50 for her, although if you have more in your house, the price decreases... assuming you are only on tablets, for instance...

Superflyer
12-31-2013, 02:25 PM
I got an email from dealfind giving an extra 30 days for a total of two months with the code of bonus30 when you sign up.

SOMBRI2
12-31-2013, 02:51 PM
Not a downer on that but I highly recommend you to spend less and check out Calgary Public Library's new Zinio: http://calgarypubliclibrary.com/books-more/ebooks/zinio

You will be amazed for the price of your library membership which is $12 per year!