PDA

View Full Version : Stay in Glendale or Scottsdale?

Jiggy
11-02-2013, 01:49 PM
I'm going to Phoenix in December to catch the Yotes and Suns. What's a better area to stay in? I was reading that the westgate entertainment district has lots of dining, shopping, and live music. But the nightlife in Scottsdale is better. Has anyone stayed in both areas? Which one did you like better?

calgarygringo
11-02-2013, 02:19 PM
I usually stay in Glendale as I like to be near the mall. Gives me something to do in the evenings when I am there on business after I am done my work. Several hotels right there that you can just walk across the street and have all the food, bars etc. Hockey rink and the football stadium on site too so is nice to not have to drive. Suns is a bit of a drive to town but still not too bad if you go in off hours. Can't say much about Scottsdale for staying there as we usually just drive there to eat or business functions occasionally.

OldDutch
11-03-2013, 06:34 AM
I have only stayed in Scottsdale. If you are doing a guys trip to party, Scottsdale is where it's at. You can even cab it over to Tempe on the weekend for college parties on the weekend or after ASU games.

In Scottsdale, stay at the Saguaro or the Valley Ho, I actually prefer the Saguaro for location but both are great.

Oh and hit up Gilligan's on a weekend, it's worth a visit, especially severely intoxicated.

Edit: one con is that Glendale is a fair drive, check google maps. However, if you will be there a bunch of days, one long car ride may not be so bad.

TorqueDog
11-03-2013, 01:12 PM
I've been to Scottsdale once and I still long to return to that place, I'm thinking of going there for Xmas if I need the extra Star Alliance segments. I love that place.

Shin Pad
11-03-2013, 02:07 PM
Stay in Scottsdale and enjoy the night life, and you can still get to see all the restaurants, etc. around Jobing.com arena and the Cardinal's stadium in Glendale, if you go a few hours before the game.

troutman
11-04-2013, 07:10 AM
Scottsdale for great dining. Glendale is all plastic franchise restaurants like Margaritaville.

Scoopdogg
11-04-2013, 07:35 AM
Scottsdale all day. The entertainment area around the stadiums is nice but outside of that there is nothing out there. If you stay in Scottsdale you'll access to a lot of great restaurants, bars and clubs. The vibe there is just a lot better then hanging out in Glendale.

DuffMan
11-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Scottsdale = hot rich women + lots of glittery night life.

Glendale = low income housing + live sports.

undercoverbrother
11-04-2013, 05:17 PM
Scottsdale

http://pics3.city-data.com/businesses/p/7/1/7/2/5747172.JPG

http://www.scottsdalesdining.com/www.scottsdalesdining.com/images/large/super-burrito-590x395.jpg

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/22/264666/restaurant/Phoenix/South-Scottsdale/Super-Burrito-Scottsdale

The all the comments on here make it more than work your time...

DuffMan
11-04-2013, 05:30 PM
Also check out Amys Bakery Company in Scottsdale if you go there.