PDA

View Full Version : Any Auto Insurance Agents/Workers Here?

nickerjones
10-30-2013, 11:24 PM
My wife and I relocated to Calgary in September. We registered her car at State Farm since we have both been State Farm members for 14 or so years. We got the same coverage that we had in the states which is one of the best plans. It was about 60 bucks a month more expensive here than it was there, which is Ok because it's Calgary ( and stuff is more expensive here) . We got our bill and they have tacked on a 40 dollar charge.

My wife got called in and said what the heck is this fee? We got two answers. The first one is it could be a relocation fee and it will be charged for a few months. The other was it's an extra fee they are adding on for a few months because of the flood damage and all the claims.

Is this true? I didn't turn in a flood claim why am I being charged extra? My wife has relocated to quite a few state farms in the US and has never been charged a fee. We lived in Oklahoma, where tornado claims happen all the time. We have never had a special "too many claims" fee added. Is something fishy going on here?