PDA

View Full Version : Local movers?

EM11
10-28-2013, 03:35 PM
Can any CPers recommend a good local mover that isn't outrageously expensive? We're just doing a move from one apartment to another. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

PsYcNeT
10-28-2013, 03:39 PM
I used OO Movers (http://www.oomovers.com/moving-companies-calgary-movers) back in July, and they were great guys and got a whole lot done in a short time.

About mid-range in price however, definitely not the cheapest guys.

I should add that we moved ~10 non-collapsed Ikea things (cabinets/shelves mostly) and not a single one was broken.

Bean
10-29-2013, 08:46 AM
We just used AMJ Campbell for our house move. They were excellent overall and you can save 10% off your move if you have one of their business cards.

They cost a little bit more than others but they won me over with their criminal background checks and name recognition.

I'd also would recommend Premiere Van Lines who are a little cheaper than AMJ.

nixon45
10-29-2013, 09:26 AM
-1 vote for Careful Movers... as they are not so careful at all.

My parents moved yesterday using Highland Movers and they seemed to really enjoy the experience, but I wasn't there so I cant give any specific +/-

PsYcNeT
10-29-2013, 09:38 AM
-1 vote for Careful Movers... as they are not so careful at all.

My parents moved yesterday using Highland Movers and they seemed to really enjoy the experience, but I wasn't there so I cant give any specific +/-

Highland was my first choice until they quoted me $220/hr for a 3-man move.

OO was $155/hr for a 3-man if I remember correctly.

nixon45
10-29-2013, 09:43 AM
Highland was my first choice until they quoted me $220/hr for a 3-man move.

Should have mentioned that as well... I did see the bill from the move, and granted it was a large house they were moving with a lot of stuff, but it was not cheap!

EM11
10-29-2013, 12:51 PM
Thanks for all the responses so far!

Deegee
10-30-2013, 06:02 AM
AMJ was 6 hours late and then they told us they wouldn't be doing same day delivery, which is something their sales representative stated would happen. However, the pricks waited until the truck was loaded to tell us it wasn't same day delivery. Had I known before they started loading I would have told them to beat it, gone to UHaul, and gotten a truck myself.

I used 2 Small Guys One Heart or something like that for the last move and they showed up when they said they would, and even though their rep said it would not be next day delivery, the workers asked us if we wanted same day delivery and ended up doing that because they felt they were making good time.

In both cases my company has paid for the move, so I haven't been too concerned over price.