PDA

View Full Version : Air Canada Upgrade Slots Available

lucky1
10-22-2013, 02:37 AM
As the title suggests, I have 4 open upgrade slots and a whack of upgrade credits that I would like to see used...I usually get rid of them on flyer talk, but thought I would give the fellow CP'ers a chance to use them
I am looking for some folks with the following criteria...

Flights need to be international longhaul- that's the best use of these
The air canada tickets need to be in a class that is upgrade able.... Flex fare, not tango
Need to be aeroplan members

Anyways if someone already has a confirmed booking that meets the above, or is planning on it, drop me a PM and I'll see what I can do to get you up in the front of the bus

RedMileDJ
10-22-2013, 02:40 AM
I wish you had posted this a month ago.

LChoy
10-23-2013, 08:06 AM
Couple questions:
- Does it have to be an AC flight, or is Star Alliance is okay (Air New Zealand)?
- Do you think I can combine it with an aeroplan flight I already booked?

We're leaving Dec 4 for a 3 week trip to Samoa, NZ, and Australia using our Aeroplan points. Most of our major flights are Exec class, except for one on Dec 4th between Vancouver and Aukland. I think that flight doesn't have anymore aeroplan exec seats anymore, but I just checked that they do have executive seats if we paid for it normally. Do you think the flight credits would allow us to upgrade our seats for that flight?
If possible, I would be interested in the flight credits.

Thanks,

Lchoy

bizaro86
10-23-2013, 08:37 AM
Couple questions:
- Does it have to be an AC flight, or is Star Alliance is okay (Air New Zealand)?
- Do you think I can combine it with an aeroplan flight I already booked?

We're leaving Dec 4 for a 3 week trip to Samoa, NZ, and Australia using our Aeroplan points. Most of our major flights are Exec class, except for one on Dec 4th between Vancouver and Aukland. I think that flight doesn't have anymore aeroplan exec seats anymore, but I just checked that they do have executive seats if we paid for it normally. Do you think the flight credits would allow us to upgrade our seats for that flight?
If possible, I would be interested in the flight credits.

Thanks,

Lchoy

These aren't my upgrades, but the answers are 1) Yes, it needs to be an Air Canada flight and 2) No, a flight booked with Aeroplan won't work.

I would keep checking back, sometime aeroplan releases more exec seats, and you might be able to switch into them for the price of a change fee. (since you've already paid the miles for executive)

Muta
10-23-2013, 08:43 AM
What's your definition of international long-haul? I'm flying to New York with the GF in late November...

Fobby
10-23-2013, 12:54 PM
dang it... I have a flight from YVR to HKG, but it's on a tango fare :(

StrykerSteve
10-23-2013, 04:27 PM
PM sent. :)

lucky1
10-24-2013, 06:27 AM
Sorry I haven't been able to reply to some of the PM's but I'm on a road trip down to Mexico...
So to confirm, as was said above, flights have to be on AC metal... And for longhaul I mean TPAC or TATL - across either one of the ponds. The reason I'm asking that is once I add your name to the 'upgrade list' I cannot remove you... So I'm trying to maximize the number of credits used... For those flying to maui, usually AC runs the old 767's on that route that have the domestic style biz class... Not much better than Econ