PDA

View Full Version : CP batsignal and Go!

Otto-matic
10-15-2013, 01:31 PM
Well, after the what is your most proud accomplishment thread and all the talk about being married and keeping in mind, this thread could be attacked but I still pose you a question CP Braintrust.

Im getting quite tired of the local scene now, it seems like almost every girl is beyond plastered or covered by a bunch of dudebros that act like its a jersey shore club. Savages almost like Canuck fans..... :whistle:

What is a good local pub/bar in Calgary that has a better potential of meeting someone?

East Coast Flame
10-15-2013, 01:34 PM
It's been over a year since I've been on the single scene, but when I was, I always seemed to have luck at the Rose and Crown. Commonwealth was pretty good too.

And don't laugh, but whenever I went out with my gay friends to Twisted Element, I usually ended up meeting a girl. Great spot to meet straight Women.

Cali Panthers Fan
10-15-2013, 01:39 PM
Ship & Anchor, mostly for the variety. Everyone there is laid back and looking just to have a good time. You don't need to be a hipster, everyone is welcome there. AND...most girls there are a little bit on the "ready to go" side.

Of course, I'm married, and it's been a couple years since I was there with any regularity, so take my comments with a grain of salt.

King Hippo
10-15-2013, 02:02 PM
Try the Sentry Box.

You'd look like the cool kid there. You just have to lower your standards a bit

albertGQ
10-15-2013, 02:05 PM
Have you tired Plenty of Syph?

Coach
10-15-2013, 02:14 PM
The Den. You don't even have to talk.

Muta
10-15-2013, 02:15 PM
Doesn't really matter - as long as you know how to approach women. Depends on what types of chicks you like. Different venues cater to different types of women. Ship and Anchor for the non-materialistic, liberal types; National for a good mix of women, West for ho-bags that have lots of assets that you can rub yourself on; La Senza for the police restraining order variety.

GreatWhiteEbola
10-15-2013, 02:15 PM
I have heard Twisted Element is great place to pick up girls. Rose and Crown, Ship and Anchor have been a source for 1 nighters for me too. When at SAIT Loco Lou's ;)

getbak
10-15-2013, 02:23 PM
Someone once told me, "If you don't like the type of women you meet at bars, don't go to bars to meet women."

Take a yoga class.

GGG
10-15-2013, 02:56 PM
Meet Up groups for activities you are interested in.

northcrunk
10-15-2013, 04:20 PM
The airport. Most people don't think about it but it's such a good place to meet girls.

Northendzone
10-15-2013, 05:10 PM
The internet......

CaptainCrunch
10-15-2013, 07:18 PM
Wait, your running away from chicks who are beyond plastered? What are you 80?

Otto-matic
10-15-2013, 07:38 PM
Wait, your running away from chicks who are beyond plastered? What are you 80?

No..... :bag:

Get off my lawn you damn kids!

ben voyonsdonc
10-15-2013, 08:08 PM
I have heard Twisted Element is great place to pick up girls.
Please don't. It is the only gay club in the city and has a limited capacity. The more straight guys that go to Twisted with the intention to pick up will mean that LGBT will not be able to get into the club. It really is not a place for straight guys to hit on women....a lot of the women that go to Twisted specifically go there to avoid being hit on.

I'm cool with straight people going to Twisted for their friend's parties or to support their LGBTQ friends but it isn't a straight meet market.

ranchlandsselling
10-15-2013, 08:50 PM
Please don't. It is the only gay club in the city and has a limited capacity. The more straight guys that go to Twisted with the intention to pick up will mean that LGBT will not be able to get into the club. It really is not a place for straight guys to hit on women....a lot of the women that go to Twisted specifically go there to avoid being hit on.

I'm cool with straight people going to Twisted for their friend's parties or to support their LGBTQ friends but it isn't a straight meet market.

This whole post seems a bit ironic.

That said, no matter how easy it is you wont find enough straight men in Calgary comfortable enough with their/your sexuality to bother your LGBTBQ???BBQ club

ben voyonsdonc
10-15-2013, 08:54 PM
This whole post seems a bit ironic.

That said, no matter how easy it is you wont find enough straight men in Calgary comfortable enough with their/your sexuality to bother your LGBTBQ???BBQ club
I think I remember seeing you there last week. :whistle:

malcolmk14
10-15-2013, 09:01 PM
Great music, nice non-judgmental, well-groomed, accepting people, cheap drinks, and no cover charge - why wouldn't people want to go to Twisted to have a good time, regardless of orientation?!

SportsJunky
10-15-2013, 11:56 PM
Take a yoga class.
My wife took me to her hot yoga class tonight. Think hot, sweaty, fit girls in yoga pants and tight shirts. I was boner in sweat pants guy.

If I was single I'd definitely attend more of those classes.

Barnes
10-16-2013, 09:16 AM

There's a Q now?

northcrunk
10-16-2013, 10:01 AM

Why discriminate based on someones sexual orientation?

Temporary_User
10-16-2013, 11:05 AM
It really depends on your age and the type of girl you are after/what you attract.

There are tons of great bars in this city

jeffman
10-16-2013, 11:20 AM
French maid

calgaryrocks
10-16-2013, 12:29 PM
pub/bar that has a better potential of meeting someone?
that might be your problem right there

Ozy_Flame
10-16-2013, 12:31 PM
Try yoga class.

As the instructor.