PDA

View Full Version : The greatest achievement of your life so far

Hockey_Ninja
10-13-2013, 10:35 PM
Y'all can read the title. For me honestly: Graduating from high school. I had mental health issues for a while ( I've gotten way better since I stopped taking meds for it ironically). As a kid I was deemed ######ed and my Mom was told that I would never talk. She told me that I had a made-up language up until I began talking when I was 4. Anyhow i made a crap ton of terrible decisions throughout elementary and it affected me a lot through out the rest of my school years. I honestly didn't know if I was going to make it. It took me an extra semester but I was able to get all of my credits and out of that place. It's corny but if you've grown up with the anxiety and lack of self confidence I had then you would probably understand. I can't wait to see where I am in about 5 years (hopefully not broke living on a street corner).

What is your greatest achievement so far in your life?

DoubleK
10-13-2013, 10:44 PM
Joining CP

Wormius
10-13-2013, 10:58 PM
In before somebody says, "My kids".

Oh... my kids.

MRCboicgy
10-13-2013, 11:01 PM
Those two black guys...

EYE_Overstand
10-13-2013, 11:09 PM
Lol ^

EYE_Overstand
10-13-2013, 11:13 PM
Honestly... I'm 29 and I have yet to achieve what I would rate as my greatest... I met my wife, graduated from college, held long term friendships, have had a great relationship with my parents, been with all kinds of girls, travelled the world ... Etc. Probably when I have kid, that might be my answer.

CaptainCrunch
10-13-2013, 11:20 PM
Two chicks

Survived Basic Training

prarieboy
10-14-2013, 12:36 AM
Knocking up my wife. (we weren't married then)

Tyler
10-14-2013, 01:09 AM
Having a kid really shouldn't be deemed an achievement.

getbak
10-14-2013, 01:38 AM
In before somebody says, "My kids".

Oh... my kids.
W1yYEDjeWA8

Trailer Fire
10-14-2013, 01:49 AM
It'd say my son. Reason being, him being born is a statistical miracle. My wife has endometriosis, which reduces her chances of getting pregnant. She was also on birth control, which she took like clockwork. Queue me. I have had multiple severe testicular traumas in my life. One of which killed my left testicle and nearly killed my right one too. It left me with a severely reduced sperm count (roughly 2 million SPM). At the time I only had 2-3% motility. I've since bounced back to around 5%.

Statistically, my son should not have been born.

Devils'Advocate
10-14-2013, 01:53 AM
It'd say my son. Reason being, him being born is a statistical miracle. My wife has endometriosis, which reduces her chances of getting pregnant. She was also on birth control, which she took like clockwork. Queue me. I have had multiple severe testicular traumas in my life. One of which killed my left testicle and nearly killed my right one too. It left me with a severely reduced sperm count (roughly 2 million SPM). At the time I only had 2-3% motility. I've since bounced back to around 5%.

Statistically, my son should not have been born.

Is that an achievement or awesomely fantastic good luck?

Unless you had to go at it every hour, every day of the year...

Devils'Advocate
10-14-2013, 02:08 AM
Tough question.

A few come to mind. There are quite a few work related projects that I am VERY proud of, but in the grand scheme of things, are not all that important. In fact, work related, I think the thing I am most proud of is helping some of my best programmers get promoted to project manager.

Back in university, I was part of a co-allition that worked against Halifax creating a new wet dump. I campaigned out in the community, helped with design info pamphlets, spoke several times to Halifax city council... and in the end our group convinced the council to be one of the first to try green bin compost pick-ups, thus diverting a lot of the organics from the new landfill.

I might say losing 160 pounds. Or an even harder task - keeping off 160 pounds. But honestly, I think the achievement I am most proud of is helping others reach THEIR weight loss/health goals.

Regulator75
10-14-2013, 06:35 AM
Quitting smoking 14 years ago, sits pretty high on my achievement ranking.

troutman
10-14-2013, 08:27 AM
My kids are my Stanley Cups.

jayswin
10-14-2013, 08:28 AM
So this is the "I had kids" thread, eh?

V
10-14-2013, 08:56 AM
Keeping my daughter off the pole continues to be my most important task and greatest achievement.

Cheese
10-14-2013, 08:58 AM
waking up 20,987 mornings!

gargamel
10-14-2013, 09:00 AM
So this is the "I had kids" thread, eh?

My greatest achievement is managing to avoid knocking anyone up over all these years. Sure, that's mostly due to long periods of involuntary abstinence, but I'm still pretty proud of it.

killer_carlson
10-14-2013, 09:08 AM

It is a gift.

And moulding the children through active parenting sure as hell is an accomplishment.

SeeBass
10-14-2013, 09:48 AM
Losing a 100 pounds this year

Brannigans Law
10-14-2013, 11:00 AM
Building a house that I'll take possession of in 37 days. It means less road trips to see hockey, maybe not upgrading my computer ever 2 years, etc etc, but feels pretty great to own land and your own house.

MoneyGuy
10-14-2013, 11:02 AM
Not having kids because 'most anyone can do that, but raising two outstanding young adults may be it for me. Of course, I had help.

*I wish I could list more but we were asked for one achievement.

Teh_Bandwagoner
10-14-2013, 11:12 AM
I'm quite pleased with how much I managed to eat last night.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_malnwbq7Jf1rtr3kno1_500.jpg

habernac
10-14-2013, 11:55 AM

Being a good parent is. And I think I've done that.

But that's an easy answer as well.

With all the divorce happening around me these days, keeping a 15 year relationship going may be my greatest achievement.

Or, in a more selfish answer, finishing the Transrockies 5 years ago with a torn meniscus.

killer_carlson
10-14-2013, 11:59 AM
1) My kids
2) Hitting all 7 continents by age 27

Minnie
10-14-2013, 12:04 PM

Tell that to people with major fertility issues.

DownInFlames
10-14-2013, 12:12 PM
Tell that to people with major fertility issues.

That's like saying walking is an achievement because some people are in wheelchairs.

Just having a kid shouldn't be enough reason to be proud, but being a good parent absolutely should be.

krynski
10-14-2013, 12:31 PM
That's like saying walking is an achievement because some people are in wheelchairs.

Just having a kid shouldn't be enough reason to be proud, but being a good parent absolutely should be.

I think you're missing the point.

This isn't a "Please tell me what you think your greatest achievement is, so I can scrutinize it uncontrollably"

It's a

"I'm curious what you're most proud of yourself for" thread.

KTrain
10-14-2013, 12:48 PM
It's not the internet if there aren't individuals wanting to crap on what other people are proud of.

Pierre "Monster" McGuire
10-14-2013, 12:54 PM
Beating King K. Rool in Donkey Kong 64.

calumniate
10-14-2013, 12:56 PM
Inventing the circular lamp post, before it was even conceived

Hockey_Ninja
10-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Beating King K. Rool in Donkey Kong 64.

Damn. You jusrt reminded me that I still have like 13 more stars to get in Super Mario 64 lol.

Cheese
10-14-2013, 01:11 PM
Two chicks

Survived Basic Training

Is that all one item? Sounds a bit like a fetish to me!

undercoverbrother
10-14-2013, 02:27 PM
In no order

So far providing a greater quality of living for my kids than I had
7 years in the military, including 7 months in a sh*thole
Staying married

4X4
10-14-2013, 02:31 PM
1) My kids
2) Hitting all 7 continents by age 27

You've seriously been to Antarctica? That's cool. (NPI)

Damn. You jusrt reminded me that I still have like 13 more stars to get in Super Mario 64 lol.

I never could find that last quarter heart in SNES Zelda. Still pisses me off, 20+ years later.

dissentowner
10-14-2013, 02:36 PM
The tigger incident. Back when I was 13 we were playing D&D in my buddies basement. He had this big fat cat named Tigger that would crap on the floor. I mean this cat was a monster, like 50 pounds of grumpy cat. The cat would stare at whomever was around, squat down, open its sphincter, and proceed to dump a load and I swear to Christ it would get a grin on its face. Well, we were playing D&D because we were nerds like that and Tigger dragged his fat ass into the room and proceeded to squat. My friend Jay yelled at him and I threw my pencil at Tigger and what happened next was a million to one shot! As Tigger's kitty anus opened up my pencil arrived at the same time and went about a quarter deep into his rectum. Tigger's puckerhole tightened up like a snare drum around that pencil and that fat bugger took off faster than I would have ever thought he could move up the stairs, pencil sticking out of his ass! We found him under Jay's mom's bed and poor Jay had to play magician and pull a pencil out of a cats ass. Even writing this I am laughing like crazy, it is one of those things you can never replicate. Probably not my greatest achievement but a fun story none the less.

4X4
10-14-2013, 02:42 PM
That's the funniest thing I've heard in weeks. Months. Maybe this year.

habernac
10-14-2013, 02:44 PM
Bullseye!!

Jonrox
10-14-2013, 03:03 PM
Getting a vasectomy before having a kid... and having a wife that was fully on-board with the decision!

Minnie
10-14-2013, 03:10 PM
The greatest achievement of my life so far? Escaping the horrific abuse leveled at me (and my brothers) by my parents. Surviving it. Making sure I'm healthy enough not to perpetuate that cycle with my own children. Everything else is gravy.

Greatest achievement today? Toss up between getting the husband person to clean out the garage and the hugely satisfying dump I took a few hours ago.

Phanuthier
10-14-2013, 03:11 PM
dissentowner - winner of the thread

dissentowner
10-14-2013, 03:12 PM
The greatest achievement of my life so far? Escaping the horrific abuse leveled at me (and my brothers) by my parents. Surviving it. Making sure I'm healthy enough not to perpetuate that cycle with my own children. Everything else is gravy.
Sorry to hear you had to endure that.

Yasa
10-14-2013, 03:12 PM
Finishing school and getting a job I actually enjoy

Jbo
10-14-2013, 03:23 PM
1) Graduating University in Business, after being told by a high school counselor, I would never be more then a ditch digger.

2) Maintain a close group of buddies I have had my entire life.

3) Made it to Greece (life dream)

Devils'Advocate
10-14-2013, 03:24 PM

Now *that* is an accomplishment. My father lacked a WHOLE LOT in parenting skills, but I do have to give him credit for not passing on what he was brought up with. I do know that the older men in my father's life when he was growing up were mostly racist alcoholics... I do have to give credit where it is due as I was not raised to think those things were normal behaviours.

krynski
10-14-2013, 03:25 PM
I'm still out yet trying to accomplish something great.

I'll let you all know when I do ;)

Brannigans Law
10-14-2013, 03:26 PM
Greatest achievement today? Toss up between getting the husband person to clean out the garage and the hugely satisfying dump I took a few hours ago.

http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/images/1311948270220.jpg

Minnie
10-14-2013, 03:27 PM
:lol:

Ashasx
10-14-2013, 03:42 PM
I haven't played hockey since high school (and I really was never great), but in my final year of midget, in one of my last games, I scored a goal that I could only dream of.

I was playing defence, and I had possession of the puck at around our blue line, breaking out. Since nobody can catch a pass, I decided to take it into the offensive zone by myself. At around the red line, I avoided a check from one of their forwards, entered the zone, deked the first defenceman by putting the puck in-between his feet (from my forehand to my backhand). The second defender started skating forward after he saw me make his teammate look silly, and from my backhand, put the puck in-between his feet to catch it on my forehand (I was at around the hashmarks at this point). I quickly took a shot, pick the top right corner off the post. I didn't even see the puck go in, I just heard the ping.

If there's one thing in my life I wish I had video evidence of, it would be this.

And so it's all been downhill forom there.

Dion
10-14-2013, 05:10 PM

http://i42.tinypic.com/21awv0g.gif

Dion
10-14-2013, 05:20 PM
<removed>

getbak
10-14-2013, 05:25 PM
My kids are my Stanley Cups.
So, you lift them over your head while skating around a rink; fill them with alcohol; spend one day a year with them; and try to leverage their presence into sex with random hot women? That makes having children sound like fun.

Dion
10-14-2013, 05:41 PM
Forgot to include the Hole in One I got in 1994 on the Douglasdale golf course.

The downside was the $340 bar tab I had when the night was over. My dad, his buddies and my friends sure knew how to drink back then :(

http://i41.tinypic.com/2ezmvj6.jpg

something
10-14-2013, 06:21 PM

The way I see it...

With the chances for fertility that this couple had, assuming they wanted a child, the emotional duress they must have been under would have been extraordinary.

I know couples who stress immensely over getting pregnant in a years time span; I could only imagine what a couple with those odds would endure.

Otherwise, I know what you mean. For some people, it "just happens".

Belated Congratulations, Trailer Fire.

Fusebox
10-14-2013, 06:47 PM

That made me laugh out loud. I have almost no sense of humour whatsoever. Well done.

Crazy Bacon Legs
10-14-2013, 06:57 PM
Probably the time I stopped a guy who was dressed like a teddy bear from robbing a bank.

It's kind of a long, boring story though.

Hockey_Ninja
10-14-2013, 07:00 PM
Probably the time I stopped a guy who was dressed like a teddy bear from robbing a bank.

I figured yours would be the day you discovered that magic hockey stick.

T@T
10-14-2013, 07:32 PM
Forgot to include the Hole in One I got in 1994 on the Douglasdale golf course.

The downside was the $340 bar tab I had when the night was over. My dad, his buddies and my friends sure knew how to drink back then :(

http://i41.tinypic.com/2ezmvj6.jpg

Jesus, did they give you that or did you have to frame it yourself? Mine was a stupid plastic trophy from Rothmans cigarette company of all people!

Dion
10-14-2013, 07:43 PM
Jesus, did they give you that or did you have to frame it yourself? Mine was a stupid plastic trophy from Rothmans cigarette company of all people!

The certificate and bag tag came from Johnnie Walker. I took that and my score card and got it framed years later. Still have the golf ball I used hidden away somwhere ;)

prarieboy
10-14-2013, 08:21 PM

You're right. It's more of a proudest moment or fondest part of life thing.

My greatest achievement so far..

Getting 100% on my Math 30 departmental exam. That's all I've got.

Wormius
10-14-2013, 09:02 PM

Sorry you had to endure that.

RedMileDJ
10-14-2013, 09:10 PM
- Getting married
- Having a kid / becoming a father
- Making beef wellington

http://i.imgur.com/aUWmb1v.jpg

polak
10-14-2013, 09:27 PM
I guess finishing my degree. Pretty lame now that I think about it.

TurnedTheCorner
10-15-2013, 12:13 AM
I suppose my degree is my greatest achievement. Pretty pedestrian. I doubt I will achieve much else in life.

The Goon
10-15-2013, 07:03 AM
I took a picture of a girl's boobs on the Red Mile in '04 that made it onto several websites around the world.

Rerun
10-15-2013, 08:43 AM
Somehow getting my wife to say yes when I asked her to marry me.. and then she actually went through with the wedding even though I was unemployed at the time...

Its a mystery. :confused:

Reaper
10-15-2013, 09:13 AM
Being able to stay "Murder Free" for this long. :ph34r:

calumniate
10-15-2013, 09:20 AM

Do tell.. I'm all ears

Stay Golden
10-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Getting Married.
Having kids
Watching a truck pulling a trailer lose control and flip over multiple times going on the opposite side of the highway. Stopped and helped pull a guy from inside the truck that was on its side before it caught on fire.

East Coast Flame
10-15-2013, 09:59 AM
Going from the couch to completing a marathon within 15 months and dropping 70 pounds along the way.

Kept the majority of it off for 3 years now.

bubbsy
10-15-2013, 10:13 AM
- my degree
- making the right decision when choosing my wife
- having our son

that being said, i had a pretty good idea of my goals/targets of what i wanted my life to be like by the time i was 30. I worry that i haven't visualized what i want as far as life goals/targets for 40/50/onwards..... My next biggest achievement will have to be setting on a path of my next goals asap.

JobHopper
10-15-2013, 11:07 AM
Academic and career achievements are great and all but on the other hand if you live in Canada it's almost like an expectation considering our education system we have here. It would almost be considered a failure and you being a loser if you didn't get something out of it. I know it sounds harsh but it's true. A lot of people do achieve in this sense since Canada is a leader in technology and innovation around the world.

I need some new goals as well.

Bunk
10-15-2013, 11:09 AM
dissentowner's was amazing - that had me laughing like crazy.

I'm surprised that not one person's, so far, relates to their career! For me, I'd count being in the Mayor's Office before I turned 30 as a very significant achievement in my life. It's no pencil in a crotchety cat's butt hole, mind you.

edslunch
10-15-2013, 11:20 AM
Learning to sing and putting on a concert at age 50

Bill Bumface
10-15-2013, 11:35 AM
I expected this thread to be full of marathoners and fractional marathoners. What a pleasant surprise.

Mine was at Disneyland, September 9, 2001.

We were in the Davey Crockett Explorer Canoes pictured below. We see a dad and his kid having a snack on the island shown in the background. It was chicken nuggets. I yell out to them "Can I have one?". The dad takes a nugget, stands up and chucks it. It flies majestically over the calm, glistening waters of "The Rivers of America". I see it, almost as in slow motion, tumbling through the blue sky towards me. I realize it's within grasp if I stretch for it. I grabbed the gunnels of the boat, stretched my torso out over the water as far as I could, tilted my head sideways to compensate for the slight cross-breeze, and caught it in my mouth. The whole boat and people waiting at the dock errupted in applause. The father who I never did meet and I shared a thumbs up. I hope if he was answering this question, he would have the same answer. It was a hell of a throw.

http://disneylandobsession.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Davy-Crockett-Explorer-Canoes.jpg

Ozy_Flame
10-15-2013, 11:55 AM
Trying life in another country. It requires lots of life changes and a commitment to getting out of a comfort zone. I would say after that, getting a Masters is my second.

Does getting an eagle on a par 5 count?

Buff
10-15-2013, 12:07 PM
waking up 20,987 mornings!

Oops, typo! You hit 2 instead of 3.

octothorp
10-15-2013, 12:27 PM
Being a father is the achievement that gives me the greatest pleasure in my life, but writing and publishing a novel is the achievement that I'm most proud of. Also, somehow making it all the way from Ulan Bator to Moscow without any money after being pickpocketed is sort of an achievement, even though it amounted to simply not getting off the train. It's more of the moment in my life where things could have gone very wrong but somehow they didn't.

polak
10-15-2013, 12:57 PM
One time I shot a Squirrel with a paintball gun.

That was a good day.

Magnum PEI
10-15-2013, 01:53 PM
Cycling to Waterton in one day.
Acing the Physics 30 final.
Shutting out 3 friends in drunken Trivial Pursuit last summer. This didn't impress the ladies nearly as much as I thought it should.

Bring_Back_Shantz
10-15-2013, 02:28 PM
This one time I was
and I the whole bottle

BigBrodieFan
10-15-2013, 02:46 PM
Doing the eulogy at my best friend's funeral (car accident) without breaking down.

Graduating BOTC (Basic Officer Training) (Navy) in Chilliwack, BC.

Raising my kids without their 'biological' father could give a crap about either of them- and finding and marrying a man who treats them as if they are his own.

:)

_Q_
10-15-2013, 02:51 PM
Guys, having kids isn't an achievement. Raising good people is, though.

As for my greatest achievement, finishing a degree in Engineering is probably the most important thing I have ever done in my life.

Wormius
10-15-2013, 03:14 PM
Guys, having kids isn't an achievement. Raising good people is, though.

As for my greatest achievement, finishing a degree in Engineering is probably the most important thing I have ever done in my life.

Having sex IS an achievement. The kids are more like the trophy afterwards proving that you did it.

jeffman
10-15-2013, 03:23 PM
Scoring 4 goals in a game

Kiran403
10-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Unlocking every secret in Super Mario 3.

Other than that, being a dad and making good on my parents wish when we came to Canada to rise up out of poverty and make something of myself.

But really, it's all about Mario.

peter12
10-15-2013, 04:09 PM
Probably getting a job in the field of my choosing two months after grad school ended. At the time, homelessness seemed more likely.

Reaper
10-15-2013, 04:12 PM
Probably getting a job in the field of my choosing two months after grad school ended. At the time, homelessness seemed more likely.But you could have been the smartest guy working at Chapters.

peter12
10-15-2013, 04:13 PM
But you could have been the smartest guy working at Chapters.

I actually applied to Chapters and was rejected.

Reaper
10-15-2013, 04:14 PM
I actually applied to Chapters and was rejected.Ouch. Sorry about that.

peter12
10-15-2013, 04:15 PM
Ouch. Sorry about that.

Not the coolest vests, man.

Galakanokis
10-15-2013, 04:40 PM
I should probably say my two kids but that's an old hat.

Years ago I would bounce every now and then with a buddy or two of mine. Every year we would work the toys for tots stripathon at the Yellowhead Inn in Edmonton (something like that). It was a charity event and usually it was very cool and tame. But this one year, and I am not exactly sure how, an epic brawl broke out. The fights themselves probably lasted a good 10 or 15 minutes and probably another 30 or 40 minutes to get everybody out and to start letting people back in after we cleaned up. The owner and the girls were pretty grateful of what we had done with no major injuries or broken furniture that we had carte blanche for the rest of the day/night and were treated very very well. It turned into the craziest party that I will not elaborate on but it did lead to my one and only time with multiple girls at once. The way I figure it the chance of me having another kid far out weigh the chance of me having another night like that.

Kids and work? Blah!

malcolmk14
10-15-2013, 04:50 PM
Getting my golf handicap under 10 and keeping it there.

Getting two degrees.

TSXCman
10-15-2013, 05:04 PM
Impregnating strangers in Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, and Mexico.

Not contracting HIV

Kybosh
10-15-2013, 05:08 PM
Earning my PhD with several quality peer reviewed publications. Continuing to do some good cancer research before finally selling out...

Laner99
10-15-2013, 08:00 PM
The fact that I have trouble remembering my own wife's cell phone number but after almost 25 years I still remember the contra password.

Up up down down left right left right b a b a select start

Boom.

4X4
10-15-2013, 08:12 PM
The fact that I have trouble remembering my own wife's cell phone number but after almost 25 years I still remember the contra password.

Up up down down left right left right b a b a select start

Boom.

I have trouble remembering my own phone number, but I still remember my dad's calling card number from 1991 when my mom took us to Disneyland.

454 034 3703 6175
Boom.

jayswin
10-15-2013, 08:12 PM
I'm like that with friend's phone numbers from when I was a kid. Almost everyone I've met after getting a cell phone I remember as; Contacts > A > Adam > Send.

And yet, to this day I can remember childhood friends home phone numbers from calling from house phone to house phone back in the day.

ranchlandsselling
10-15-2013, 08:30 PM
Building a house that I'll take possession of in 37 days. It means less road trips to see hockey, maybe not upgrading my computer ever 2 years, etc etc, but feels pretty great to own land and your own house.

Did you actually build it or pay a builder?
Just one of my pet peeves. Congratulations either way

and I have nothing else to add.

Except the marathons or fractional marathons comment was awesome as were a few others. Good job CP!

Jets4Life
10-22-2013, 07:11 PM
My greatest achievement so far has come most recently. I wrote a blog article about how Winnipeg was naming streets recently after city councilors, school trustees, and other semi famous people that were either born or either had connections to Winnipeg. I wrote that there was one notable exception - Terry Fox.

I wrote that it was strange that we have yet to name anything in the city, or province for that matter, after Terry Fox. I was too young to remember his actual run, but one of my earliest childhood memories was running in the first annual Terry Fox Run, at age 4. I made a case of why Winnipeg or Manitoba should rename a major street or road after Fox, as I consider him a hero to our nation. I mentioned that I had started a petition to rename Winnipeg's Ring Road- the Permieter Highway after Terry Fox.

This resonated with one blogger, with a large following from mainstream media in the city. He linked back to my blog, and soon I was inundated with media requests for interviews. It was a bit surreal. Working in Northern Alberta without cell coverage, as Rogers has yet to build their planned cell tower, I had to answer a few written questions, and submitted them to a couple of the main newspapers, and CBC Manitoba. To my amazement, they all got published.

I have since learned that the Government of Manitoba is considering my request to rename the Perimeter Highway "Terry Fox Drive." Even if they do not decide to rename the highway, I feel as if I made the most of my 15 minutes of fame. On the petition, my blog, and facebook page, I constantly reminded people that the annual Terry Fox Run was coming up in two weeks, and linked to the Terry Fox Foundation website, which is run by one of his brothers.

Last year, only 300 people turned out for the Terry Fox Run in the city. This year, there were approximately 1,000. I obviously don't want to take credit for the large turnout, as so many others were involved in promoting the run. However, I can't help but think of the timing of the articles (last week of August), and the publicity the petition received, may have reminded many that the run was September 15. I was thinking if 1 in 5, of the 700 extra runners (or their family), donated $20 or more for the Cancer research to the Terry Fox Foundation, then as much as $5,000-10,000 in additional revenue could be made toward cancer research.

In summary, even if the Provincial Government does not decide to rename the Perimeter Highway (or some other highway) after Terry Fox, I feel the petition, and subsequent publicity about the original Terry Fox Marathon of Hope has already made a difference, and has been a positive thing for the community. This proves that anyone with a good idea, and has honorable intentions, can make a difference in the community.

Yasa
10-22-2013, 08:14 PM
That's amazing! I was going to comment saying I repaired my TV...but that's nothing compared to possibly changing the name of a highway. I mean it's pretty close, I don't want to sell my soldering skills short here.

Brannigans Law
10-22-2013, 08:16 PM
Did you actually build it or pay a builder?
Just one of my pet peeves. Congratulations either way

and I have nothing else to add.

Except the marathons or fractional marathons comment was awesome as were a few others. Good job CP!

lol well, no I def paid someone to build it for me hahaha