PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6300 - Unlock

kevman
09-27-2013, 06:12 PM
I'm trying to unlock a Nokia 6300 that's locked to FIDO. Where is my best bet for being able to get this done? So far I've tried a mall kiosk that said they can't look up the code and I've tried online vendors who also can't look up the code. I've contacted FIDO and they've told me they can't do it unless I reactivate my account for 3 months even if I'm willing to pay the $50. Are there any other ways to unlock a phone?

I refuse to accept that I have a perfectly good, albeit old, cell phone that is destined for the garbage because of archaic locking rules.

Burninator
09-28-2013, 12:55 AM
http://www.cellunlocker.net/

Super Nintendo Chalmers
09-28-2013, 01:34 PM
Classic Nokias. I almost miss that era.

I refuse to accept that I have a perfectly good, albeit old, cell phone that is destined for the garbage because of archaic locking rules.
You're wrong about the rules. Saying they're archaic implies there was a legitimate reason for them. =\

kevman
09-28-2013, 11:33 PM
http://www.cellunlocker.net/

Tried them, they were unable to generate a code for me.

Classic Nokias. I almost miss that era.

Yeah I apparently missed them enough to try to go back to one. :bag: Unfortunately I'm stuck with a device that despite paying off I am completely unable to use. Last time I talked to FIDO they suggested I throw the phone out. :eek:

Does anyone know a way to hard reset these phones without an unlock code?

TorqueDog
09-29-2013, 05:20 PM
I've contacted FIDO and they've told me they can't do it unless I reactivate my account for 3 months even if I'm willing to pay the $50.Horsesh*t. I'd ask for a manager right then and there. I did that with my old Bold 9000 as well.

kevman
09-30-2013, 10:18 AM
I've spoken with managers and they refused to do it without subscribing for 3 months. I contacted the CCTS and they informed me that since the phone was purchased before the new wireless code that FIDO is under no obligation to unlock the phone.

I've heard it can be unlocked physically with a cable method? Does anyone know someone in Calgary that does the cable unlock method?