PDA

View Full Version : Testimonials

Travis Munroe
08-13-2013, 05:16 PM
Thanks again to CP members, lurkers and all others for making my sponsorship worth while. Its a pleasure to work with you!

StormShadow
08-13-2013, 11:49 PM
My wife and I are currently working with Travis to sell our place and buy a new home. He has been professional, extremely competent, and a pleasure to work with. I will be writing a full testimonial here after we complete all of our business. In the mean time if you are looking to buy/sell do not hesitate to contact Travis!

PsYcNeT
08-15-2013, 01:11 PM
Whoops I asked for it, but forgot to post in it!

So me and my wife recently purchased our first home with Travis' help, and it was a hassle-free, stress-free experience. Travis showed us exactly what we wanted, provided very helpful information, and was nice enough to ferry us around as well. He even put up with me bothering him about mundane bull#### when the thoughts struck me, and always answered his phone/emails/texts in a timely manner.

Pretty much was the best time I could expect for purchasing a home.

Thanks Travis!

(PS Those who buy into the "good looking realtors are more successful thing, Travis is well kept and handsome. *wiggles eyebrows*)

ranchlandsselling
08-22-2013, 10:48 AM
Just thought I'd share my thoughts on Travis thus far:

Seems like a dedicated, honest, hard working and client serving/pleasing individual.

I'm currently dealing with a realtor as I'm doing the mortgage for a client. I emailed him today asking for the MLS listing and P&S agreement so I can fill in the required property info for the mortgage submission. Get a reply:

Yes, Will do. We can not send the info you need till Monday is that O.K.?

Which is fine, I don't need "files", so I reply and ask for the MLX listing. The one that looks much like the mls listing but has some more useful information etc. Mention that I need this for the lender sooner than later. What do I get back.

Sorry! On the road till Saturday with no files,after that will send all the info.

I'm sorry - it's Thursday, sending info to mortgage company come Monday simply isn't acceptable. Rates are trending up and quite quickly. This is your client that bought a house using you. You've clearly got a phone/email. Call your relator office, assistant, other realtor, etc. and get me the damn information. I'm dumbfounded as to how someone can't follow this. You could very well end up costing this person a few thousand dollars more.

Anyway, given that Travis actively responds to all of us on this board (non-clients) in a timely manner and we've seen (from CPr's that have used him) how he treats his clients I'd (as a broker and CP'r) suggest everyone consider using him as a realtor.

That's all...

Regulator75
09-13-2013, 02:54 PM
Big thanks to Travis for showing us two places this afternoon on short notice.

FlamesFanInOilCountry
10-02-2013, 08:18 AM
Big thanks to Travis for his assistance in helping my wife and I purchase/build our house in Mohaganny. I contact Travis based on his professionalism and information that I observered on CP, and Travis definitely delivered. Since it is our first home, and we were just able to relocate from Edmonton recently we obviously had questions and were unsure if were going to purchase or build new. Travis fielded all of our questions and presented clear and concise options (Suggested properties on MLS, new build developments, etc) based on our feedback.

Travis also gave excellent information to help us make decisions on the options that we selected in our house to assist in resale value. Probably the most impressive part is how personal Travis is, and how well he services his clients regardless of how large his client volume is. I think the most we waited for a follow up to an inquiry was a day, and the majority of his responses were within minutes to let us know an answer or an approximate follow up time. Travis is also more than happy to communicate via whatever works for you (in person/phone/email), and is involved in the process as you need him to be (will volunteer to come to any meeting or just what you ask him to).

I also echo PsYcNeT's comments... VERY well kept and handsome... My wife's friend was VERY impressed... Who knows... Maybe my wife, too?

We will definitely be using Travis for our next property purchase!

Frequitude
04-20-2014, 11:42 AM
I just want to put it a huge recommendation for using Travis. Professional, we'll-researched and hard working. I met him at my place on Monday, he had it photo'd/listed by Thursday and sold by Saturday. Thanks man.

Everyone on here should use him.

Travis Munroe
04-20-2014, 12:21 PM
Much appreciated!

WilsonFourTwo
04-21-2014, 04:10 PM
That's a terrific story/outcome, congrats.

I don't know just how much traffic/volume Travis is getting out of the deal, but I definitely appreciate the dedicated forum and expertise that comes with his involvement.

If anything else, thanks!

JMN
04-21-2014, 04:40 PM
That's a terrific story/outcome, congrats.

I don't know just how much traffic/volume Travis is getting out of the deal, but I definitely appreciate the dedicated forum and expertise that comes with his involvement.

If anything else, thanks!

Agreed. I haven't worked with Travis on any deals yet but will definitely in the future. We've discussed a couple properties in the past through PM and he has always been very quick and professional.

GettinIggyWithIt
04-25-2014, 09:16 PM
I worked with Travis on a deal recently. Ended up with a great rental property. Very professional and easy to deal with. Thanks Travis.

ken0042
05-10-2014, 06:49 PM
Just wanted to show my appreciation for the work Travis did with my recent purchase of a new home, and sale of my old home.

First was the purchase of a new-built house. Typically this is a standard transaction; however there were a few things that I wanted that the builder did not want to do. With Travis' help I was able to get the "must have" options. A big part of that was that Travis knew the questions to ask; and how to ask them in a way that gave us the answers we needed.

Then where he really showed his talents was with the sale of my old home. He came out a few weeks before we put it on the market, and showed me a lot of things I needed to do to get ready for sale. A few of the things I knew, but there were other things that he placed higher up on the list. Once I did those things; I really understood why he told me to do them. My house had never looked so good.

Then there we the professionals he hired; most notably the photographer. Anybody can take pictures on a phone or even a DSLR camera; but these pictures really made my house stand out online.

Then there's his timing. He listed it at the right time to maximize interest. We had requests for showings right away, and by Saturday afternoon we had been through almost 20 showings.

Travis also knew the right price for listing. He came up with a list price that was higher than some recent comperables. However given his marketing, he was confidant it was a good price to go in with.

He was right to start with that price. Within 3 days we were looking at multiple offers. I also liked how he dealt with those multiple offers. I ended up getting more than my asking price; deal done in 3 days and conditions waived a few days later.

So at the end of the day, the final sale price was higher than what comperables had sold for the previous couple of weeks. And by higher I mean enough to cover the total commission I was paying; both Travis' as well as the buyer's realtor. So even if I had been somehow able to list it for free, I would have been no further ahead. Never mind the stress with dealing with showing the house for weeks on end.

What about using a discount realtor you ask? Well there is a house with an identical floor plan to mine that went on the market 2 days before mine; at the same price. It's still sitting on the market.

Travis Munroe
05-10-2014, 11:16 PM
Just wanted to show my appreciation for the work Travis did with my recent purchase of a new home, and sale of my old home.

First was the purchase of a new-built house. Typically this is a standard transaction; however there were a few things that I wanted that the builder did not want to do. With Travis' help I was able to get the "must have" options. A big part of that was that Travis knew the questions to ask; and how to ask them in a way that gave us the answers we needed.

Then where he really showed his talents was with the sale of my old home. He came out a few weeks before we put it on the market, and showed me a lot of things I needed to do to get ready for sale. A few of the things I knew, but there were other things that he placed higher up on the list. Once I did those things; I really understood why he told me to do them. My house had never looked so good.

Then there we the professionals he hired; most notably the photographer. Anybody can take pictures on a phone or even a DSLR camera; but these pictures really made my house stand out online.

Then there's his timing. He listed it at the right time to maximize interest. We had requests for showings right away, and by Saturday afternoon we had been through almost 20 showings.

Travis also knew the right price for listing. He came up with a list price that was higher than some recent comperables. However given his marketing, he was confidant it was a good price to go in with.

He was right to start with that price. Within 3 days we were looking at multiple offers. I also liked how he dealt with those multiple offers. I ended up getting more than my asking price; deal done in 3 days and conditions waived a few days later.

So at the end of the day, the final sale price was higher than what comperables had sold for the previous couple of weeks. And by higher I mean enough to cover the total commission I was paying; both Travis' as well as the buyer's realtor. So even if I had been somehow able to list it for free, I would have been no further ahead. Never mind the stress with dealing with showing the house for weeks on end.

What about using a discount realtor you ask? Well there is a house with an identical floor plan to mine that went on the market 2 days before mine; at the same price. It's still sitting on the market.

Thank you - Always makes it easy when the client trusts your judgement!

Frequitude
05-13-2014, 02:24 PM
I forgot to add the part where he showed up at my door to sign an offer after getting out of wisdom tooth surgery.

Badass.

gladaki
06-02-2014, 09:40 PM
Travis get me one of those white apartments in front of river near point McKay. :)

Travis Munroe
06-02-2014, 11:34 PM
Are you talking about the ones that are ranging from 1 million to 6 million or something like that?
I believe someone in my office has exclusive selling rights to it!

gladaki
06-03-2014, 11:37 PM
Are you talking about the ones that are ranging from 1 million to 6 million or something like that?
I believe someone in my office has exclusive selling rights to it!

:) Sorry Travis...I am not a million dollar guy :).....Infact just started working.
I was talking about apartments 3412 PARKDALE Boulevard NW. If any thing comes up in future for it, please let me know

Travis Munroe
06-05-2014, 10:18 AM
^^ Sorry, I sensed sarcasm and assumed you were referring to the real expensive ones however now that I re read it I realize I was in the wrong area.
If you want to PM me your email address I will set it up so that you receive instant notification to any new listings in the building.

Shin Pad
07-20-2014, 08:51 PM
I just want to put it a huge recommendation for using Travis. Professional, we'll-researched and hard working. I met him at my place on Monday, he had it photo'd/listed by Thursday and sold by Saturday. Thanks man.

Everyone on here should use him.

I'd also like to recommend Travis. We listed a house with him on Thursday and had it sold by Sunday. Everything went smoothly and we were able to get a great price for the house. Thanks Travis.

Travis Munroe
09-17-2014, 08:35 PM
^^ Thank you - as always, working with the CP community is great

Regulator75
03-16-2015, 03:06 PM
A big thanks to Travis for getting the deal done on the purchase of my new Townhouse!

Sliver
03-16-2015, 03:22 PM
Congrats dude!

undercoverbrother
03-16-2015, 03:24 PM
Subtle brag thread indeed.

Also, congrats

Ben_in_Canada
03-18-2015, 09:42 PM
Travis has been busy, finalized a deal for a townhouse for me today too!!!

Hugh Jahrmes
03-18-2015, 09:52 PM
He got the full asking price for my mansion within 10 days :)

codfather
12-03-2015, 09:22 AM
This is a little overdue, but moving is time consuming.

I've been looking at buying a house for years but only recently did it become realistic to look into more seriously. That meant it was time to look for a realtor.

I very rarely post, but have been lurking the boards for many years and one of my favourites is Travis' Real Estate subforum. I had even messaged Travis a few years ago on here about something real estate related and the promptness and professionalism of his reply impressed me. Fast forward to now and I'm looking for a realtor and that had stuck with me. Between all of the good words and recommendations on CP and the way he still made time to respond to my question a few years back when I was just some internet random made choosing Travis as our realtor an easy decision.

Travis was fantastic at getting back to us quickly regarding any questions we had and with getting showings setup for houses we were interested in. His insight into the market and the houses we looked at was invaluable. He showed us every house we wanted to see, even those he knew we weren't likely to go with. We ended up purchasing a very nice house and were able to get a great price on it. I've already recommended Travis to a friend of mine and will continue to recommend him to anyone looking to buy or sell. When the time comes to sell my place, Travis will be the first person I call.

Thanks for all your help Travis and thanks again for the Brian Burke meet and greet!

Cheers!

Just a quick aside, a friend of mine did recommend a realtor and wanting to do my full research into something so important I did consider her, but her website was awful (think goecities bad). I pulled Travis' site up and this other realtor's and showed them both to the girlfriend, flipping back and forth between them (kind of like an optometrist - "better or worse?"). Let this be a lesson, if you need a website for your business, make it look good and be functional. Don't cheap out because it will make you look less professional.

Travis Munroe
03-31-2016, 03:41 PM
Thanks again for all of those who have left me a testimonial. Due to access issues I lost my prior google business page and had to start over with reviews. Anyone who feels like copying and pasting their review into the google review will receive a $10 starbucks gift card from me.

Also, does anyone know a better way to get the link to leave reviews vs what I have posted below?

https://www.google.ca/search?q=travis+munroe+google&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=15b9VuqqGZPkjwOHyKSABg#q=Travis+Munroe+realtor

Bend it like Bourgeois
10-19-2016, 07:28 PM
Also overdue but I want to say thanks and give a sincere plug for Travis and his team. He's a pro at what he does, but more than that my wife and I were amazed and really grateful for how well he looked after our interests.

We started with a vague sense of maybe it's time to move. We weren't keen on involving a realtor too early for fear we'd get pushed toward moving, but we didn't feel anything of the sort. We looked for months, on and off, and were never pressured or made to feel like a nuisance. Along the way he always had great questions and insights - pointing out things we hadn't noticed or wouldn't have thought about, explaining what some of the advantages or drawbacks might be, and answering our questions.

When we finally pulled the trigger he did a lot of work to help us come up with a target price, and then negotiated an even better deal. He could easily have just hit the price we gave him and called it a day, and it would have hardly changed his revenue. Beating it was I think a matter of pride for him, but for us it saved a meaningful chunk of actual money. He helped arrange inspections and all the details to make sure it was all low stress and we were thrilled.

The selling process was just as good. He gave us great advice on what to fix up and how to present the house. He did a really thorough evaluation of the area and came up with a listing price. I had a small worry it was too aggressive for this market but he'd done the work and the logic made sense so away we went. We had lots of interest and he kept close to the other realtors so when we got the offer he knew how to play it, and had even been stoking a competitive bid so was able to squeeze out even more. Again I have a ton of respect for the fact that he could have made a deal we could live with and been done, but instead worked every angle to get the most for us.

Even after we took possession of the new place and his work was finished he helped sort out some minor dramas. He didn't have to deal with any of it but he chose to, and made our lives way easier.

Honestly we can't say enough good things. Thanks Travis and team.

Travis Munroe
10-20-2016, 12:16 PM
Also overdue but I want to say thanks and give a sincere plug for Travis and his team. He's a pro at what he does, but more than that my wife and I were amazed and really grateful for how well he looked after our interests.

We started with a vague sense of maybe it's time to move. We weren't keen on involving a realtor too early for fear we'd get pushed toward moving, but we didn't feel anything of the sort. We looked for months, on and off, and were never pressured or made to feel like a nuisance. Along the way he always had great questions and insights - pointing out things we hadn't noticed or wouldn't have thought about, explaining what some of the advantages or drawbacks might be, and answering our questions.

When we finally pulled the trigger he did a lot of work to help us come up with a target price, and then negotiated an even better deal. He could easily have just hit the price we gave him and called it a day, and it would have hardly changed his revenue. Beating it was I think a matter of pride for him, but for us it saved a meaningful chunk of actual money. He helped arrange inspections and all the details to make sure it was all low stress and we were thrilled.

The selling process was just as good. He gave us great advice on what to fix up and how to present the house. He did a really thorough evaluation of the area and came up with a listing price. I had a small worry it was too aggressive for this market but he'd done the work and the logic made sense so away we went. We had lots of interest and he kept close to the other realtors so when we got the offer he knew how to play it, and had even been stoking a competitive bid so was able to squeeze out even more. Again I have a ton of respect for the fact that he could have made a deal we could live with and been done, but instead worked every angle to get the most for us.

Even after we took possession of the new place and his work was finished he helped sort out some minor dramas. He didn't have to deal with any of it but he chose to, and made our lives way easier.

Honestly we can't say enough good things. Thanks Travis and team.

Thank you very much. I base my business around repeat and referral, therefore the minor details make a major difference.

You and the family were a lot of fun to work with (not completely over yet!!)

Hevishot
07-31-2017, 05:55 PM
A long overdue shout out to Travis and his assistant Justin. They helped us sell our house in airdrie in about 2 weeks and than the real work started. They spent countless nights driving around looking at a pile of houses with us. They never pressured us to make a deal on a house.Travis is honest and is a firm believer in finding you the right house not just any house. The home inspector he uses is also top notch. He was able to steer us away from a couple diy nightmare houses and keep us out of another realtors attempt to start a bidding war on a property. After 3 months of looking we finally found the right place and travis and Justin got the deal done at a price that both my wife and I are happy with. We will definately be using him again when it's time to move again

Thanks for everything and for putting up with me and my wife

Travis Munroe
07-31-2017, 11:12 PM
A long overdue shout out to Travis and his assistant Justin. They helped us sell our house in airdrie in about 2 weeks and than the real work started. They spent countless nights driving around looking at a pile of houses with us. They never pressured us to make a deal on a house.Travis is honest and is a firm believer in finding you the right house not just any house. The home inspector he uses is also top notch. He was able to steer us away from a couple diy nightmare houses and keep us out of another realtors attempt to start a bidding war on a property. After 3 months of looking we finally found the right place and travis and Justin got the deal done at a price that both my wife and I are happy with. We will definately be using him again when it's time to move again

Thanks for everything and for putting up with me and my wife

Just about every stress test possible came up for both of you on this hunt. From missing out on some early contenders to finally getting one only to find out it was falling apart to nothing hitting the market for extended periods of time to having to take a long drive to meet with a lawyer and satisfy a quick deadline.... I felt for both of you but in the end it all worked out (or has almost worked out) and I owe you a bedroom door haha!!!

I look forward to visiting when you are both settled in!!!

Peanut
10-01-2017, 09:23 PM
We had a busy year on the real estate front and did 3 transactions with Travis. One: sold a rental property, two: bought a new (to us) home to accommodate a new baby on the way, and three: sold our previous home. I feel like each situation required a different skill set from a realtor to help us with our needs, and Travis exceeded expectations every time. His marketing plans were spot on, we priced our places right for prompt sales, and he made himself available to look at houses on super short notice when we knew we'd be competing with other buyers. Also my husband and I are pretty terrible negotiators and I felt like Travis really looked out for our best interest in each transaction and helped us maximize our sale prices.

He also had great contacts for home inspection, asbestos testing, and Legal assistance. AND when everything was crazy and we were moving, painting, taking possession and releasing possession all within about 5 days, AND I got put on bedrest, Travis really helped out with little things that were actually hugely helpful things for us - picking up keys and running them all over town, letting in some trades/workers when we were crunched for time, and helping us make sure our old house was 100% clean and shiny for the new owners to take possession.

Really great experience. Thanks Travis. :)

ricosuave
10-02-2017, 03:41 PM
I saw Peanut's post and I thought I had left a testimonial before, but realized that I hadn't...

My wife and I worked extensively with Travis from December 2016 to April 2017. In that period, Travis and his team helped us view a number of properties, answered many, many, many questions, took phone calls, emails and texts late at night, and all the while, he remained professional, friendly, and looked out for our best interests.

Ultimately, in the end, it was his consistent effort that both got our old house sold, and then into our dream house. It was a roller-coaster ride from start to finish, and Travis really did make that process simple, and worry free for us. We also benefitted from his experience with home inspectors, legal help, and mortgage info.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Travis to anyone who is in need of his services. And he's a FLAMES FAN to boot!

Thank you again, Travis, and apologies for taking so long for saying so.