PDA

View Full Version : Garage Pad recommendations?

Tiger
08-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Looking for anybody's recommendation on what company to use to get a garage pad done for my house, and also some front sidewalk work as well.

GP_Matt
08-06-2013, 02:06 PM
If you are very handy I might consider doing it yourself.

Garage pads are tedious because you have to tie all the rebar manually and move gravel and such but the actual work isn't very technical.

keratosis
08-06-2013, 02:34 PM
Don't do it yourself unless you know what you are doing. I have more complaints about jobs when
Saturday morning heros try to save some money by doing it themselves.
The prep is the most important part!!! That being said, Shaw Renovation's, Edwards ,R.Schultz or
Big Rock are pretty good.
Unfortunatlly most are booked past Oct. by now.

guzzy
08-06-2013, 02:37 PM
Ground Force concrete. They are based out of chestermere. THey just widened my driveway by 3' and were $4000 cheaper than the cheapest bid.

403-681-3372

CaptainYooh
08-06-2013, 02:46 PM
Don't do it yourself unless you know what you are doing. I have more complaints about jobs when
Saturday morning heros try to save some money by doing it themselves.
The prep is the most important part. That being said, Shaw Renovation's, Edwards ,R.Schultz or
Big Rock are pretty good.
Unfortunatlly most are booked past Oct. by now.
What he said on do-it-yourself and prep parts.

As for the companies, I would not higher anyone to do concrete flatwork unless they are associated with the big boys - Inland, Lafarge, Rolling Mix, Burnco, VS etc (most of them have associated flatwork contractors they do recommend). The work is delicate and warranties are extremely vague, so you better deal with a solid outfit. Prepping sub-grade and keeping re-bar grid high enough is the key.

keratosis
08-06-2013, 03:07 PM
Almost forgot about IRock, Ken is a pretty good guy.