PDA

View Full Version : Sens-Pens trade

Flickered Flame
06-27-2013, 07:27 PM
The Sens have sent their 2014 first and Ryan Spooner to Pittsburgh for Paul Stastny.

While the cap hit is not ideal at all, Stastny is still a top line player and will likely let us move Staal back to wing, the position he played when he was named CPHL MVP.

Goffie
06-28-2013, 05:20 AM
Pretty quick trade. Makes sense for both teams Sens need players, Pens had too many centers. Thanks to Mike for the quick talks.

Daradon
06-28-2013, 06:14 AM
Hmmm, seems like a bit of an overpayment for Stastny, especially at his cap hit. Guess it really depends where your 1st falls.

TurdFerguson
06-28-2013, 06:29 AM
Stastny is expensive but I think he has a bounce back year whereever he plays. Spoon man and a 1st seem right to me. Potential bargin perhaps

Flickered Flame
06-28-2013, 08:27 AM
Hmmm, seems like a bit of an overpayment for Stastny, especially at his cap hit. Guess it really depends where your 1st falls.

With any luck, that pick will be in the bottom 3rd of the first round. His cap is too high but I think I can still make things work to have a very good team.

I wanna be like Miikka
06-28-2013, 10:24 AM
Works well for both teams, sens buying low right now.

Swayze11
06-28-2013, 10:30 AM
Good deal for both sides

Daradon
06-28-2013, 11:24 AM
With any luck, that pick will be in the bottom 3rd of the first round. His cap is too high but I think I can still make things work to have a very good team.

Yeah, I might be a bit prejudiced against Stastny. I actually loved him when he first hit the scene, but then he went on that skid and never really recovered. Kinda feels like a Gomez type thing to me. And I don't even mean recent Gomez. I was against that guy after his huge sophomore slump. Well, when he proved in years 3 and 4 he couldn't get out of his sophomore slump. And the Rangers sign him to nine million? No kidding that deal didn't work.

But yeah, it'll depend on where you pick falls. I assume even with the realignment we'll be in the same decision so I'll see what I can do to help you out with that. ;)