06-10-2013, 09:16 AM
Melart and Moser clear

JiriHrdina
06-10-2013, 09:17 AM
NYR claims Smithson

devo22
06-10-2013, 09:31 AM
Starkbaum claimed by Flroida
No ill feelings or anything, but I find it kind of shocking that a 27-year old goaltender, who neither has NHL experience nor an NHL contract right now, won't make it through waivers. Didn't expect this one at all.

Knut
06-10-2013, 09:36 AM
^ Now Florida has to leave him on his CPHL roster unless he can deal him. Useless waste of a roster spot/Cap space.

TurdFerguson
06-10-2013, 09:36 AM
No ill feelings or anything, but I find it kind of shocking that a 27-year old goaltender, who neither has NHL experience nor an NHL contract right now, won't make it through waivers. Didn't expect this one at all.

Well FLA only has 11 goalies in his system, so probably needed the depth. Never know when your first 4 CPHL goalies might go down.

Da_Chief
06-10-2013, 09:40 AM

No kidding, if he was a highly touted overseas player then ya, but thats gotta sting, fair game tho. I signed couple guys if someone wants to claim them when I waive them go right ahead.

Don't worry though, Florida will be trying to trade him in coming weeks for a 5th (maybe even a 2015 5th). Then he'll just release him and sign someone else as good then repeat.

JiriHrdina
06-10-2013, 09:51 AM
Yeah it's tough. I kept two guys on my roster last season - Brunner and Fasth and that appears to have paid off. I have also signed a guy that I will stick on my roster to see if he makes the team that signed him. He is apparently NHL ready and could step into a top 9 role. So I'll keep him on the big club and only expose him to waivers if he doesn't make the squad - because I'm quite sure Florida would claim him too.

Caged Great
06-10-2013, 09:03 PM
I only claim people that have a shot at being something worthwhile. Kaleta and Kobasew are cheap 4th liners that cost nothing and are worth the same, but it's better than having rookies start. I could've waited till UFA to get the same type of meh, but I decided to save time. I don't need any more 3rd/4th line guys, and most prospects/players that would be on waivers would not be worth the roster spot.

With Starkbaum, and frankly all the other hordes of goalies I have, I am waiting for one of the darts to hit the board. Starkbaum is not likely going to be worth anything, like several of my goalies, but I do not want to pay the prices to find a starter, at least until it becomes necessary. That's why I'm hoping that one or more of the guys becomes a starter soon so I do not have to waste so many spots on goalies.

Hanna Sniper
06-11-2013, 07:05 AM
Chuck Kobasew had 5G 4 A and Patrick Kaleta had only 1 goal. I need to free myself of dead weight and bring in some players with some upside. Even though they had some decent cap hits, that 1M can be used to bring in a player that contribute and turn this team around