PDA

View Full Version : Off-season Thread

JiriHrdina
05-13-2013, 08:55 AM
I'll be posting additional instructions for the off-season in the next few days.

My first priority is to complete the sim testing we talked about an post those for review.

In the meantime, trading can resume. A couple of notes
- In the off-season we may not process trades as quickly as we do during the season. Be patient.
- You may trade players but keep in mind re-rates are a ways off still. Make trades knowing that ratings WILL change for most players.

Again more details to come in the coming days.

JiriHrdina
05-15-2013, 08:26 PM
Here are some details on how the off-season will unfold.

First, if there are any rule changes/ideas/proposals that people want to discuss - raise them now please by PMing me.

Otherwise, the immediate priority is to finish of testing of various scenarios for improving our sim experience. I anticipate having them done this week and then just need to figure out how to post it for folks to review. I'm also going to try to set up a survey for easy voting.

Here’s how things will happen :

1. Trading has resumed. Position changes are NOT allowed in the off-season. Again remember that you are dealing players before re-rates, so it is a risk. The watchdog is in the kennel during the off-season though you will still receive emails – ignore them. There is no way for us to turn it off.

2. If you release any player that has more than 1 year remaining on his contract that buyout counts against next year’s cap. You may release any pending RFA or UFA at this point if you have no intention of resigning them. You will not be hit with any cap penalty for next season as long as they are pending free agents. You may also release any ECHLers that you want.

3. There are two important threads to watch – the UFA thread and the draft pick thread. If you make a deal regarding either – you must post the details in that thread so we can keep it posted. Once we roll over the year – we lose this info from the main site. This is mandatory.

4. The entry draft will be held the week before the NHL draft – Saturday June 22nd starting at 10:00 am SHARP. Teams will need to have their draft list prepared. If you can’t make it you need to find a GM to make your picks and supply them with a list. You may not submit a list to the league – we have our hands full that day managing the draft. If you can’t find someone to make your picks and can’t make the draft – you may have to deal your picks. That being said – you will not be allowed to dump picks last minute for next to nothing. The league reserves the right to reject those type of deals and in that case the picks would be forfeited. For instance: If last minute you can't participate we will NOT process a deal where you trade 4 2nds for a 2nd next year or something in that area. Moreover, please do not send me a list last minute and expect me to make your picks.

5. Also remember following the NHL draft any player taken in the NHL draft NOT taken in the CPHL draft becomes a free agent. Any team can make an offer at a set day which will be announced by the league. Best offer wins. – So basically no more of the first email in gets the player type stuff.

6. The rollover will be done sometime soon. Not sure when. Once the rollover is complete award and sponsorship moneys will be added.

7. Re-rates will then be completed – probably looking at mid July

8. Following re-rates there will be a 10day-ish RFA re-signing period.

9. Following RFAs there will be a week long UFA re-signing period.

10. Following that - we will kick into UFA season.

No dates on the above yet – we will just knock things off the list as quickly as possible.

Other things:
- If you owe another team a draft pick for the upcoming draft - take care of that sooner rather than later. Get on it! There are a ton of conditions owed, if you don't fulfill in time the league will award compensation to the team owed that will be more than the original condition.

- Until UFA officially begins no UFA signings will be done except for ECHL signings and players being added to the DB. And with those - please give us plenty of time to get to them. They are LOW priority.

- We will make a decision about the future of coaches for the league when we pick new setting for the sim

Any questions about any of the above?

GreenLantern
05-16-2013, 11:10 AM
Weekend drafts! In the summer??? You guys must be from Alberta!

Flickered Flame
05-17-2013, 10:11 AM
If you owe another team a draft pick for the upcoming draft - take care of that sooner rather than later. Get on it! There are a ton of conditions owed, if you don't fulfill in time the league will award compensation to the team owed that will be more than the original condition.

Which email should we send our met conditions to so that they can be removed from the roster page?

JiriHrdina
05-17-2013, 10:14 AM
cphltrade please. I'll be doing those in batches so don't be alarmed if they aren't removed right away

Daradon
06-06-2013, 02:16 PM
I notice the '13 draft picks have been removed from the roster pages. Is there anyway I can look at them easily art a glance, or am I going to have to scan the draft order page?

JiriHrdina
06-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Yeah that's why we have the draft order theead