PDA

View Full Version : Break up the Jays!

Resolute 14
08-23-2004, 07:32 PM
Between listening to the Can-USA game, and watching the finals game one, I finally caught a Jays game worth watching, as Ted Lilly shutout the Red Sox with a 13 strikeout performance, including six in a row.

Dont look now, but the Jays are threatening to climb out of the basement, and Baltimore isnt beyond reach either.

We can yet get back to our familiar 3rd place position.

JiriHrdina
08-23-2004, 07:40 PM
Yup. This team is finally looking like the Jays we were expecting this season. More importantly they are being led by some of the young building blocks:
Hudson - what a brilliant decision to put him in the 2 spot. He's a hitting machine now!
Hinske - Looking much better at the plate now
Wells - starting to get back into form
Rios - hitting and made a game saving catch in yesterdays win over the Orioles.
Bush - this guy looks like the real deal. Our #4 man next year?
Reed Johnson - Well he's been good most of the season really.

Even Woodward isn't hitting bad right now (though I still can't wait for Russ Adams to get the call up).

Bullpen still looks shakey at times, but overall the team looks as good as they have all season. Would love to see them take the series over the Sox. Hate the Sox.

Otto-matic
08-23-2004, 07:49 PM
Tosca getting fired was the best thing for the Jays

Resolute 14
08-23-2004, 08:14 PM
Gibbons wasnt a huge change, especially since we followed Tosca's firing with getting swept by Boston.

The dysfunctional Orioles were the best thing to happen to us. Lilly was just ON tonight. Of course, it helps that Boston never scores runs for Pedro.

Hopefully the cool, Canadian air will leave Wakefield's knuckleball flat tomorrow, and we can steal the series win.

flambers
08-23-2004, 08:20 PM
Yep, when Delgado leaves, the Jays can use that Salary to bring in 2-3 players.

CaramonLS
08-23-2004, 11:47 PM
That pitching performance by Lilly was one of the best games he has ever pitched.... that Curve was one of the best I have EVER seen... Absolutely NASTY!