PDA

View Full Version : Searching for builders?

Brannigans Law
04-07-2013, 06:46 PM
I know this isn't quite onside with this subforum, if it's not appropriate mods please move. I'm looking for developers for certain parts of the city and Airdrie. I guess also some tips from fellow CP'ers would be nice. I'm looking for something in the low 300's or high 200's that's either a small detached house or a larger townhouse. Unless I'm just approaching this wrong on google it seems really hard to find developers with prices or at least price ranges; and also very hard to really be specific for what I'm looking for.

frinkprof
04-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Generally, you're actually looking for homebuilders, not developers, unless you're looking for custom infill homes or condos, which I gather you aren't.

In some cases, a developer will have links on their websites as to which homebuilders are building (or have built) in the communities they are developing. Some developers have a homebuilder arm to their company.

A good start would be Googling "homebuilder Calgary."

Also, I must suggest against Airdrie.

Brannigans Law
04-07-2013, 09:21 PM
thanks frink! yes when i think more about it, home builder makes more sense

im only thinking about airdrie because my parents will be retiring there and i want to live close to them. my gf and i will likely have a family starting up in the next 2 years and having my folks live close would be great because they'd be able to visit their grandkids and they could also help us out with babysitting

Ace
04-08-2013, 07:50 AM
PM'd instead...not sure if appropriate

core_upt
04-08-2013, 03:40 PM
The Herald and Sun on Saturdays both have a New Homes sections with tons of ads and articles on new communities and projects. That's a good place to start.