PDA

View Full Version : Sens-Preds Deal

Flickered Flame
04-01-2013, 01:11 PM
For the 2nd time this year the Sens have traded for a new starting goalie, this time Antti Niemi. The deal breaksdown as:

To Ottawa:
Niemi
Lilja

To Nash:
Hiller
Coliacovo
Atkinson
3rd round pick

Couple of things from the Sens side, Hiller is a good goalie but doesn't have stamina to play more than one game at a time, add into whats happening in Duckland and I wanted to upgrade before heading into next season. Niemi is a solid goalie and will have a higher rating moving forward. I needed the Lilja-Coliacovo swap in there for cap purposes only, Lilja is a UFA at the end of the year and will not be retained so the difference between Hiller and Niemi moving forward is Atkinson and a 3rd.

Thanks to Vic for the deal.

Slava
04-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Well basically we take a slight downgrade in goal here and end up with Atkinson and the third. We need more youth and chances in the draft to re-tool and get better. Still a number of players that I would move before the deadline.

There are risks with Hiller, but I think somewhat calculated as he has played well in the past week or so for the Ducks. Hopefully he either starts consistently there or gets moved somewhere where he can/will.

Thanks to Mike for the quick talks and trade!