PDA

View Full Version : [$50 bet] Dion vs Bertuzzied; Which Flames goalie starts Monday

jayswin
02-09-2013, 11:58 PM
I'll just put this in thread form, so they can't back out of it.

Dion says Irving will start, Bertuzzied says Taylor will start. They both agreed to a $50 wager in the PGT thread.

hehe

Hockey_Ninja
02-10-2013, 12:00 AM
I want Dion to win this one.

Bertuzzied
02-10-2013, 12:03 AM
What the hell? hahaha. did you really need to make a thread about it?

Slow news day i guess.

and like i would back out of it.

Dion
02-10-2013, 12:03 AM
We should have a poll to see who starts next game.

kobasew19
02-10-2013, 12:04 AM
Hehehehehehehehe

jayswin

Slow news day i guess.

Yep.

Dion

Slow news day i guess.

Better not Stang ;)

Bertuzzied
02-10-2013, 12:10 AM
Actually even better..... I won't even take Dion's $50 if Taylor starts on Monday.

If i win Dion can't post a gif for 2 weeks! hahahahaha That's like pure torture.

Deal?

djsFlames
02-10-2013, 12:11 AM
I want Taylor.

Dude deserves ONE start for the sake of holding the fort in Abby.

Especially if Kipper could be back as soon as Wed.

Not saying he'll get it, but I think he should.

Alberta_Beef
02-10-2013, 12:42 AM
I hope Irving gets the start. I am just watching the game now since I had to P VR it, but from what I have heard he was hung out to dry. It sends a poor message to take a start from him if that is in fact true, especilly one that would be his first home game.

I hope Dion wins and think he in fact will win.

Brannigans Law
02-10-2013, 12:45 AM
I can't imagine a scenario where Taylor starts.

Minnie
02-10-2013, 12:46 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome of this wager, LOL.

Dion
02-10-2013, 01:15 AM
Actually even better..... I won't even take Dion's $50 if Taylor starts on Monday.

If i win Dion can't post a gif for 2 weeks! hahahahaha That's like pure torture.

Deal?

Let me get this straight..... If I win you owe me $50 and if you win I can't post a gif for 2 weeks. Is this what you are suggesting?

pylon
02-10-2013, 01:34 AM
If you win Dion, you should make the condition he can't put 'hehehe' or any variation there of, in a post for a month.

he........he

Dion
02-10-2013, 01:50 AM
If you win Dion, you should make the condition he can't put 'hehehe' or any variation there of, in a post for a month.

he........he

I love that idea. That and no hehehe in his signature either.

Just thought of something better. Bertuzzied can't make a post for 2 weeks that is a complaint about a player or the coach in game threads. All posts have to positive in nature :cool:

I'll wait to see what he says.

Alberta_Beef
02-10-2013, 02:28 AM
I hope Irving gets the start. I am just watching the game now since I had to P VR it, but from what I have heard he was hung out to dry. It sends a poor message to take a start from him if that is in fact true, especilly one that would be his first home game.

I hope Dion wins and think he in fact will win.Just finished watching the game and in no way whatsoever can this loss even be remotely blamed on Irving. He actually had a pretty strong game IMO, to not give him that home start on Monday because of tonight would be a travesty.

Dion, if you lose this bet it will also be a travesty.

Psytic
02-10-2013, 02:37 AM
I don't blame Irving at all for this game. I just want Taylor to get a shot purely because he deserves one, not because Irving doesn't.

Alberta_Beef
02-10-2013, 03:07 AM
I don't blame Irving at all for this game. I just want Taylor to get a shot purely because he deserves one, not because Irving doesn't.So you risk shaking Irving's confidence because Taylor "deserves" a chance? Irving deserves the chance too.

Travis Munroe
02-10-2013, 04:32 AM
It isn't rocket appliances, Irving starts, Taylor is to fill a roster spot and nothing else at this point. Imagine him getting lit up then falling apart mentally... Irving starts 100%

Psytic
02-10-2013, 06:14 AM
So you risk shaking Irving's confidence because Taylor "deserves" a chance? Irving deserves the chance too.

Hes a big boy i'm sure he would be okay. He was rotating with both Taylor and Brust in Abby and appears to be fine.

Psytic
02-10-2013, 06:31 AM
It isn't rocket appliances, Irving starts, Taylor is to fill a roster spot and nothing else at this point. Imagine him getting lit up then falling apart mentally... Irving starts 100%

Danny Taylor
2010-11 Springfield Falcons AHL 4 2.35 .929 |
Hamburg Freezers DEL 28 2.90 .905 |
2011-12 Springfield Falcons AHL 10 2.58 .914 |
Abbotsford Heat AHL 33 2.21 .927 | Playoffs 7 2.26 .917
2012-13 Abbotsford Heat AHL 26 1.77 .930

Leland Irving
2010-11 Abbotsford Heat AHL 61 2.30 .913 |
2011-12 Abbotsford Heat AHL 39 2.67 .902 |
2012-13 Abbotsford Heat AHL 6 3.72 .871

Taylor may not get to play but I don't get why people seem to think hes a scrub around here. He has been better than Irving the last 3 yrs and hes only 26. I think he is up here because he has legitimately earned the right to have some starts. Not sure why everyone is so much higher on Irving.

Alberta_Beef
02-10-2013, 06:50 AM
Danny Taylor
2010-11 Springfield Falcons AHL 4 2.35 .929 |
Hamburg Freezers DEL 28 2.90 .905 |
2011-12 Springfield Falcons AHL 10 2.58 .914 |
Abbotsford Heat AHL 33 2.21 .927 | Playoffs 7 2.26 .917
2012-13 Abbotsford Heat AHL 26 1.77 .930

Leland Irving
2010-11 Abbotsford Heat AHL 61 2.30 .913 |
2011-12 Abbotsford Heat AHL 39 2.67 .902 |
2012-13 Abbotsford Heat AHL 6 3.72 .871

Taylor may not get to play but I don't get why people seem to think hes a scrub around here. He has been better than Irving the last 3 yrs and hes only 26. I think he is up here because he has legitimately earned the right to have some starts. Not sure why everyone is so much higher on Irving.It has nothing to do with him "being a scrub", it has everything to do with the fact that Irving win this job with his play last year then again in training camp, that the Flames could have let Irving walk as a free agent in the summertime and signed Taylor instead, but they chose Irving.

It also has alot to do with the fact that Irving played a good game despite the score, that it doesn't make sense to bench a guy after standing up in the media and providing quotes like this

“Certainly, Leland Irving kept us in the game,” summed up Flames head coach Bob Hartley. “Without him, it would have been much worse.

and following it up by taking away the player's first ever home game. It simply makes no sense to start Taylor and that has nothing to do with my opinion of Taylor as I think he is a very good goaltender. It's simply not the right time to start him.

edn88
02-10-2013, 07:32 AM
Why not see what you have in Taylor as a signed goalie. Cannot hurt.

gargamel
02-10-2013, 07:48 AM
I want Taylor.

Dude deserves ONE start for the sake of holding the fort in Abby.

Especially if Kipper could be back as soon as Wed.

Not saying he'll get it, but I think he should.

The coaches make their decisions based on who they think gives us the best chance to win the games, not on who's a nice guy or deserves a thank you. I'm sure everyone would be happy for Taylor if he gets a chance to play, but that's not a reason to give him a chance to play.

Based on what I've seen, Irving has played well enough that I expect him to continue getting the starts until next week's back-to-back games or until Kipper returns, whichever comes first.

GGG
02-10-2013, 07:54 AM
I said this in the first thread on this topic but we need to evaluate what we have in Irving. Right now we have that opportunity. We need to take it. It doesnt matter that Taylor may be good or not. We dont have enough games to evaluate two goalies at the NHL level. We picked Irving at the start of the year and until the decision has been made to cut ties with him he has to get all of the backup starts.

jayswin
02-10-2013, 09:03 AM

Deal?

Let me get this straight..... If I win you owe me $50 and if you win I can't post a gif for 2 weeks. Is this what you are suggesting?

I love that idea. That and no hehehe in his signature either.

Just thought of something better. Bertuzzied can't make a post for 2 weeks that is a complaint about a player or the coach in game threads. All posts have to positive in nature :cool:

I'll wait to see what he says.

...and 15 posts in and they're both shying away from the original monetary bet. ;)

Fire Park '71
02-10-2013, 09:16 AM
Flames tied for 27th in +/-. How could it hurt to let Taylor start against Minny? Give, Leland "Jimmy legs" Irving, the night off.

kyuss275
02-10-2013, 09:44 AM
Irving has shown that he can win games for the flames but some of CP want to give Taylor a try?

The flames are a bubble team and cp wants to experiment for one game on Taylor? That one game could be the difference on making the playoffs or not.

FlamesAllTheWay
02-10-2013, 09:44 AM
I think it very unlikely Taylor gets a start while he is here. Not to say he doesn't deserve a shot but it's just the way I see things playing out in the short time Kipper's out.

Kipper's only day-to-day and could be back any game now. So it's not like we need to come up with a long-term strategy for life without him in net for the next couple months and throw Taylor in net to see what we have. We just need someone to step in and play a few games in the interim. Irving was drafted and developed by the Flames to be a regular goalie (starter or backup) in the NHL and he finally won the spot this year. He has 1 win in 2 games and has shown he can make a big save when we need it and keep his composure in net when facing some adversity. Irving is our guy and it's really his job to lose until Kipper returns. So far I'd say he hasn't lost it.

So unless it's for relief duty or else Kipper somehow can't return in time for our next back-to-back Feb 23 and 24 then I really don't see Taylor getting a start while he's here.

Locke
02-10-2013, 10:05 AM
I hope the NHLPA is happy. This is what the lockout has made us come to.

hkstylez
02-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Irvings played great. I think he will be the go to guy once Kipper comes back.

Stay Golden
02-10-2013, 10:18 AM
If it wasn't for being drafted in the first round and Irving's contract. Taylor would have been Kippers backup. I still can't believe that Irving was drafted in the first round.

No matter how you slice it how the 5 goals were scored, 5 goals against is 5 goals against.

I would give Taylor the start based on what he has done for the Flames with the Heat this season and even last season.

He took Irvings starting role on merit.

kyuss275
02-10-2013, 10:25 AM
If it wasn't for being drafted in the first round and Irving's contract. Taylor would have been Kippers backup. I still can't believe that Irving was drafted in the first round.

No matter how you slice it how the 5 goals were scored, 5 goals against is 5 goals against.

I would give Taylor the start based on what he has done for the Flames with the Heat this season and even last season.

Taylor would never have been Kippers back up. There is a reason that until now Taylor has had an ahl contract only, he is not in the flames plans for the big club.

Considering they waived both goalies just before announcing who was the back up in pre season , its not hard to imagine that Feaster was working the phones to find another back up.

Irving has played well enough in his 2 games to keep showing that he is a capable back up. If he faulters from here on out, look for Feaster to make a trade for a backup.

GreenLantern2814
02-10-2013, 10:34 AM

In the second half of the game, the flames gave it up like a prom date. Irving was absolutely hung out to dry, and if anything, the five goals against is indicative of how brilliant Kiprusoff is.

KootenayFlamesFan
02-10-2013, 10:35 AM
You don't go into a game as big as tomorrow's is and throw Taylor in the net because he's a nice guy who's played well in the minors, or because you want to 'see what he can do'.

Tomorrow is a huge game. Irving will be the starting goalie.

Stay Golden
02-10-2013, 10:45 AM
^
and you can expect more of the same. Minny is even more physical and Irving will get screened even more and he probably gets let up.
He plays too often back to far in the net and that has been the book on him for a few years now.
He was 3rd in the depth chart for the Heat for a reason. Not because Ward doesn't like him.

Pierre "Monster" McGuire
02-10-2013, 10:51 AM
I didn't get to see the game last night, but in Bingo's Game Takes he said Irving stood on his head.

With that said though, I'm a huge fan of Taylor. He deserves the start simply based on playing hero for the last two seasons with the Heat.

KootenayFlamesFan
02-10-2013, 10:52 AM
^
and you can expect more of the same. Minny is even more physical and Irving will get screened even more and he probably gets let up.
He plays too often back to far in the net and that has been the book on him for a few years now.
He was 3rd in the depth chart for the Heat for a reason. Not because Ward doesn't like him.

I don't care what he did with the Heat, I care about how he's playing now. And he played well last night.

The Wild have scored fewer goals than the Flames after playing 2 more games. They're not exactly an offensive juggernaut. If Irving can play well again and the team wakes up I have a good feeling about tomorrow.

But it's certainly not a time to put Taylor in to start. That's a risk to take for no reason. He should sit on the bench unless Irving falls apart.

KootenayFlamesFan
02-10-2013, 10:55 AM
With that said though, I'm a huge fan of Taylor. He deserves the start simply based on playing hero for the last two seasons with the Heat.

No he doesn't. He deserves an NHL contract and chance to be called up if injuries occur. And that's what has happened. He doesn't deserve the start in a huge game because he's played well in the minors and is a nice guy. Irving played well, he starts again. It's a no-brainer.

Locke
02-10-2013, 11:05 AM
I think it says a lot about the character of the Calgary Flames when they let the kid get lit up.

Yeah, they were losing but they didnt even play for pride and they didnt give a rat's ass about the rookie between the pipes playing his damned heart out. That was sickening.

Stay Golden
02-10-2013, 11:15 AM
I think it says a lot about the character of the Calgary Flames when they let the kid get lit up.

Yeah, they were losing but they didnt even play for pride and they didnt give a rat's ass about the rookie between the pipes playing his damned heart out. That was sickening.

I question Iginla, Gio, Tanguay, Glencross, Bouwmeester being Sr players on this team not grabbing their team mates and making it clear we are not going to lay down and desert our goalie.

Problem is they were the most guilty.
I really with Sarich was playing lastnight for that one reason. Sarich plays with pride.

Locke
02-10-2013, 11:40 AM
I question Iginla, Gio, Tanguay, Glencross, Bouwmeester being Sr players on this team not grabbing their team mates and making it clear we are not going to lay down and desert our goalie.

Problem is they were the most guilty.
I really with Sarich was playing lastnight for that one reason. Sarich plays with pride.

Giordano and Glencross are usually guys you can count on to play with pride but even they seemed like they didnt want to be there.

Seriously, Bettman may as well lock the doors again because the players are getting paid but they sure dont seem like they're interested in playing.

FlamesAddiction
02-10-2013, 11:41 AM
The only one that "deserves" to start is the one that gives us the best chance to win. Maybe that's Iriving, and I am not blaming him for the loss, but he isn't making too many big saves and it's unrealistic to not expect the other team to have good scoring chances.

Flash Walken
02-10-2013, 11:48 AM
Giordano and Glencross are usually guys you can count on to play with pride but even they seemed like they didnt want to be there.

Seriously, Bettman may as well lock the doors again because the players are getting paid but they sure dont seem like they're interested in playing.
Glencross is a chippy pouter.

Jackman and sarich play with pride. That's it, though.

EddyBeers
02-10-2013, 11:52 AM
Glencross is a chippy pouter.

Jackman and sarich play with pride. That's it, though.

I would throw Jones in that group too, but it is few and far between on this team.

Flash Walken
02-10-2013, 12:00 PM
I would throw Jones in that group too, but it is few and far between on this team.

Yeah, you're right, Begin too.

Bertuzzied
02-10-2013, 12:08 PM

Yup!!! and no thanx to those other offers.

Irving starts you get $50.

Taylor or anyone else that starts, you can't post a gif for 2 weeks or I get $50. hehe~!

Stay Golden
02-10-2013, 12:13 PM

Yeah, you're right, Begin too.

i would agree Jones and Begin play with pride. I wasn't for Begin making the roster but at least the guy doesn't lay down on the job. Plays with some moxy.

Bertuzzied
02-10-2013, 12:16 PM
And lol to those Irving apologists. hehe

"but he has rust thats why he is shaky" He has looked that way from the beginning of his NHL career. Even in pre-season. That is why i think he is not an NHL level goalie. It's been 2 years. The only game he shook that off was in last years win against the Canucks. But even then he had some spectacular saves because he was out of position. Plus his rebound control is terrible.

He was gifted this back up job because of a training camp scrimmage over Karlson. I think fistpump boy would have looked just as good(or as bad) the past 2 games.

Irving gave up 2 super untimely goals in 2 straight games which instantly deflated the team. The good thing was we played a pretty crappy team in Columbus to get a win.

I know he is a former first rounder but holy does he get a free pass on here. If Mcbackup, or Sauve or Boucher or Karlsson gave up 9 goals in a game, gave the BJs a tying goal 24 seconds after we take a lead, or gives up a terrible game winning goal to the Canucks last nite if they would be treated the same.

djsFlames
02-10-2013, 12:23 PM
People on here are way too protective of Irvings feelings and confidence, and claiming that he deserves to start games from here on simply because he out battled Karlsson in training camp. If there was a full camp in Oct rather than a week camp in Jan with Taylor and Brust already occupied with duties for the Heat, Taylor would have been here in tryouts to battle with Irving for the same spot. He didn't get that chance because with the circumstances it obviously wasn't worth pulling out him or Brust when they were already deep into an AHL season and had two other guys already signed. Doesn't mean either was playing stellar or management's ideal choice to backup Kipper based on merit, but it's just the only thing that made sense with the shortened timeline and contract situation. And they were only dealing with potentially 3-4 starts (without a Kipper injury) and sure, Irving was the better of the two. I like Irving, but I think people are glorifying just how much he has 'earned' here.

He's been average, and hasn't exactly solidified his rights to start all of the games in absence of Kipper no matter what. And I believe in exploring all of your options to see IF one gives you a better chance, just as Hartley has done with these rotations and different line combos. It's straight up ignorant not to consider starting Taylor not as a detriment to Irving's play at all, but because he has been solid enough to earn a chance to prove himself to the team, and because you've got to explore your options for the sake of winning. I mean it's not like if he starts and falls on his face, you can't flip him for Irving 20 minutes in. I really don't understand what all this whining is about. You think Irving can't handle it? He's a man. And there is absolutely zero harm in trying. Especially now near the end of Kipper's reign. We sort of NEED to audition a few goalies, no? We can't say Ramo is already a sure thing before he has yet come over, so what better than to test a guy in real game action?

Saying that he couldn't and absolutely should not start a game because Irving won a battle of two goalies playing average hockey is some of the dumbest horse crap I've seen on here.

flamesfever
02-10-2013, 12:25 PM
I hope Irving plays. I think most people are too quick to write off these young goalies. A bad game here and there means nothing. I'd like to see him get a 10 to 20 game stretch.

MyFlamesFirst
02-10-2013, 12:27 PM
I hope Taylor plays. Not because Irving is playing awful, just because I think Taylor deserves it.

Stay Golden
02-10-2013, 12:27 PM
Yes Irving is average, nothing special from 60 others in the league. There is good damn reason goalies seldom go in the first round.

moon
02-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Do people really think that the Flames kept Irving only because of his contract?

Taylor was wanted by 0 NHL teams and just signed a dirt cheap one year deal. If the Flames thought he was good enough to be in the NHL or a better choice than Irving he would have been on the team in a heartbeat no matter where Irving was drafted or what his contract was.

Irving was the back-up this year because of all the options the Flames had he was (in their view) the best player and the one that best helped the Flames win games.

djsFlames
02-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Do people really think that the Flames kept Irving only because of his contract?

Taylor was wanted by 0 NHL teams and just signed a dirt cheap one year deal. If the Flames thought he was good enough to be in the NHL or a better choice than Irving he would have been on the team in a heartbeat no matter where Irving was drafted or what his contract was.

Irving was the back-up this year because of all the options the Flames had he was (in their view) the best player and the one that best helped the Flames win games.

Due to the circumstances (mid season, short camp), it isn't a stretch to believe that Irving and Karlsson were the ones dueling it out because they were the ones with contracts already, and they were dealing with very limited playtime if any in a 48 game season behind Kipper prior to injury.

Despite how little desireablility he may have had coming into the organization, the fact remains that on the farm team level, Taylor was the top tender of the group, which for while let us not forget, included Irving.

So we've gone now from trying to claim that giving Taylor a start would be implying Irving has dropped the ball (which isn't true), to claiming that Taylor does not deserve to be here because of his past (irrelevant)..

moon
02-10-2013, 12:54 PM
Due to the circumstances (mid season, short camp), it isn't a stretch to believe that Irving and Karlsson were the ones dueling it out because they were the ones with contracts already, and they were dealing with very limited playtime if any in a 48 game season behind Kipper prior to injury.

Despite how little desireablility he may have had coming into the organization, the fact remains that on the farm team level, Taylor was the top tender of the group, which for while let us not forget, included Irving.

So we've gone now from trying to claim that giving Taylor a start would be implying Irving has dropped the ball (which isn't true), to claiming that Taylor does not deserve to be here because of his past (irrelevant)..

Steve Begin didn't have a deal and was coming in mid-season but the Flames had no issue giving him a deal and putting a guy like Horak back on the farm. It also wasn't like this is the first time the Flames had ever seen Taylor either as he was with Abbotsford last season and has plenty of time playing pro hockey. If the Flames thought he was the best choice for back-up they would have signed him and had him at camp fighting out for a spot. With their win at all costs mentality there is no way there are leaving a guy off the team because of some BS contract issues (which weren't even an issue.)

Who is saying Taylor doesn't deserve a spot due to his history?

I said he wasn't on the team as a back-up ahead of Irving because the Flames thought that Irving was a better player who gave them a better chance to win games as the back-up not because of some BS contract issues.

djsFlames
02-10-2013, 01:03 PM
Steve Begin didn't have a deal and was coming in mid-season but the Flames had no issue giving him a deal and putting a guy like Horak back on the farm. It also wasn't like this is the first time the Flames had ever seen Taylor either as he was with Abbotsford last season and has plenty of time playing pro hockey. If the Flames thought he was the best choice for back-up they would have signed him and had him at camp fighting out for a spot. With their win at all costs mentality there is no way there are leaving a guy off the team because of some BS contract issues (which weren't even an issue.)

Who is saying Taylor doesn't deserve a spot due to his history?

I said he wasn't on the team as a back-up ahead of Irving because the Flames thought that Irving was a better player who gave them a better chance to win games as the back-up not because of some BS contract issues.

Because Steve Begin wasn't already tied up with starting goaltending duties for the organization's farm team. And because you're dealing with an extra contract for a mere couple of starts, potentially none at all, coming in. Which the team could get by with the better contestant of Karl/Irving just fine. Keep in mind they were willing to give it to the Calgary Tower, if he had looked better than Irving in training camp. So perhaps Irvings value to the team coming in wasn't exactly sky high. Just saying...

MolsonInBothHands
02-10-2013, 01:06 PM
Irvine plays.

This team plays fragile enough in front of the backup. I don't want to see what they play like in front of the backup backup. Build some confidence in Irvine, and the rest of the team, nobody is tough enough on this team to have Taylor in net.

moon
02-10-2013, 01:12 PM
Because Steve Begin wasn't already tied up with starting goaltending duties for the organization's farm team. And because you're dealing with an extra contract for a mere couple of starts, potentially none at all, coming in. Which the team could get by with the better contestant of Karl/Irving just fine. Keep in mind they were willing to give it to the Calgary Tower, if he had looked better than Irving in training camp. So perhaps Irvings value to the team coming in wasn't exactly sky high. Just saying...

So the Heat couldn't have had Brust start for a week and sign Sexsmith (or someone else) to a PTO to fill in while the Flames waited to see who won the back-up battle in TC? The Flames also think that Taylor is better than Irving but let him stay in Abbotsford available for any team in the league to sign away at any time?

I think the management staff is fairly poor overall but that seems like borderline ######ed thinking if they actually thought Taylor was a better option.

I don't think that they thought Irvings value was sky high just that it was higher than Taylor's and that's why going into the season he was the back-up and Taylor wasn't even signed to a contract.

Hack&Lube
02-10-2013, 01:52 PM
Bertuzzied should have to pay $50 in comic books

topfiverecords
02-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Wow, no chance Taylor starts. 100% Guaranteed $50 for Dion here.

flamesfan55
02-10-2013, 02:43 PM
I want Irving to get the start for the fact that I want to see how he bounces back from this loss.

Dion
02-10-2013, 05:23 PM
Yup!!! and no thanx to those other offers.

Irving starts you get $50.

Taylor or anyone else that starts, you can't post a gif for 2 weeks or I get $50. hehe~!

Nice try! We'll stick to original $50 bet.

Northendzone
02-10-2013, 09:23 PM
I thought eating pubes was the typical cp wager?

squiggs96
02-10-2013, 09:31 PM
I think it would be a terrible message if they play Taylor the game after Irving gets lit up. I believe Irving is the better goalie and he needs to be allowed to play as the number one until Kipper gets back. A short leash doesn't help the team, and snap decisions need to be avoided.

That being said, how are there no pubes involved in this bet?

Psytic
02-10-2013, 10:41 PM
I think it would be a terrible message if they play Taylor the game after Irving gets lit up. I believe Irving is the better goalie and he needs to be allowed to play as the number one until Kipper gets back. A short leash doesn't help the team, and snap decisions need to be avoided.

That being said, how are there no pubes involved in this bet?

Any reason why? Stats don't suggest this or watching them both play. Is it just cause he was a Flames first round pick or a hunch or something? I think Irving will start the next game but I still think Taylor is just as good or better currently and should get a start before Kipper is back. They could both look good and teams could get interested and we could end up getting a pick for one of them. There wont be room for both of them next yr and i'd rather get something rather than nothing so showcasing both these guys makes sense to me personally.

I am not really hell bent on play offs this year. If they can give a couple guys a chance to see what we have in the system its not a big loss since its a short season and a good draft year any way. I wouldn't mind shopping Kipper when he gets back and letting these guys ride out what ever is left of season, then trading off which ever is worse between the two. We could turn two goalies into a few picks and maybe a prospect. Then have Ramo and who ever survives between Irving and Taylor for next year. There is a market for Kipper as well and if we ask for less then Gillis wants for Lou than I am sure there is quite a few suitors.

kyuss275
02-10-2013, 10:53 PM
Any reason why? Stats don't suggest this or watching them both play. Is it just cause he was a Flames first round pick or a hunch or something? I think Irving will start the next game but I still think Taylor is just as good or better currently and should get a start before Kipper is back. They could both look good and teams could get interested and we could end up getting a pick for one of them. There wont be room for both of them next yr and i'd rather get something rather than nothing so showcasing both these guys makes sense to me personally.

I am not really hell bent on play offs this year. If they can give a couple guys a chance to see what we have in the system its not a big loss since its a short season and a good draft year any way. I wouldn't mind shopping Kipper when he gets back and letting these guys ride out what ever is left of season, then trading off which ever is worse between the two. We could turn two goalies into a few picks and maybe a prospect. Then have Ramo and who ever survives between Irving and Taylor for next year. There is a market for Kipper as well and if we ask for less then Gillis wants for Lou than I am sure there is quite a few suitors.

Taylor getting a couple of games is not going to increase his trade value. He could have been signed by anybody in the last 2 years.

Why do people think Taylor is in the flames long term plans? He signed a two way contract out of emergency. Without the injury to Kipper they would never had thought of bringing him up.

Psytic
02-10-2013, 11:04 PM
Taylor getting a couple of games is not going to increase his trade value. He could have been signed by anybody in the last 2 years.

Why do people think Taylor is in the flames long term plans? He signed a two way contract out of emergency. Without the injury to Kipper they would never had thought of bringing him up.

If he can take the ball and run with it for a few NHL starts coupled with his last 3 seasons in the AHL being very good I think he could garner a pick. Didn't we get a pick for Karlsson? That and I think it doesn't hurt to see if he is any good, we could end up keeping him. He sure seems like he has taken some steps forward since his one start for LA. Also I am not sure if I like Irving's attitude of wanting to bolt to Europe.

moon
02-11-2013, 12:18 AM

I would say the fact that the Flames had enough interest in Irving to give him a contract and let him play games while no team in the NHL would do the same thing for Taylor indicates that Irving has a little more value at the NHL level than Taylor. I would wonder why Taylor would be seen as being as good or better when he has struggled finding and keeping a full time starting gig, put up some terrible numbers in the past and has 0 offers from NHL teams going into this season. He has put up good numbers for half a season in Abbotsford this year but that seems like a short time frame to base a judgement on him being better than Irving.

He would have to play exceptionally well and even then unlikely he gets any interest from anyone as they could have signed him two weeks ago for nothing so unlikely they give up assets based on a few games now and every team in the league has a better goalie on their roster and likely in the AHL as well.

Psytic
02-11-2013, 12:49 AM
I would say the fact that the Flames had enough interest in Irving to give him a contract and let him play games while no team in the NHL would do the same thing for Taylor indicates that Irving has a little more value at the NHL level than Taylor. I would wonder why Taylor would be seen as being as good or better when he has struggled finding and keeping a full time starting gig, put up some terrible numbers in the past and has 0 offers from NHL teams going into this season. He has put up good numbers for half a season in Abbotsford this year but that seems like a short time frame to base a judgement on him being better than Irving.

He would have to play exceptionally well and even then unlikely he gets any interest from anyone as they could have signed him two weeks ago for nothing so unlikely they give up assets based on a few games now and every team in the league has a better goalie on their roster and likely in the AHL as well.

Taylor has 3 seasons of play at or better than Irving so its not like he just had a few good games. I am not saying he is worth more than Irving but currently his play seems to be about as good or better and I do think he should get a chance to play some games. I don't think there is anything to lose (except the game =)) and the benefit of course is the possibility of turning a guy who was worth nothing into an asset.

bluck
02-11-2013, 08:23 AM
Peter maar just said Irving gets the start.

Bertuzzied
02-11-2013, 08:46 AM
Peter maar just said Irving gets the start.

Who is that?

Nothing is official until i hear Rob Kerr yell his name at 7pm!

kyuss275
02-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Who is that?

Nothing is official until i hear Rob Kerr yell his name at 7pm!

You better hope for the flue or food poisoning at this point.:D

AR_Six
02-11-2013, 08:52 AM
I fully expect Bertuzzied to be stalking Leland holding a tire iron by this afternoon.

Bertuzzied
02-11-2013, 08:54 AM
I fully expect Bertuzzied to be stalking Leland holding a tire iron by this afternoon.

I'm gonna pull a harding on him.

AR_Six
02-11-2013, 09:02 AM
^I don't think you can GIVE a goalie multiple sclerosis.

Fuji
02-11-2013, 09:04 AM
How did Dion sucker Bertuzzied into this bet? It's mind-boggling.

Bertuzzied
02-11-2013, 09:07 AM

haha. it's bottling and i wasn't suckered.

Win-win situation. I get to help the elderly and it's a guaranteed over bet tonite if Irving starts.

Plus Taylor is going to start tonite so the point is moot.

IgiTang
02-11-2013, 09:10 AM

Mind Bottling !!???? .... I still dont get it...

Goodlad
02-11-2013, 09:10 AM
^I don't think you can GIVE a goalie multiple sclerosis.
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the Harding/Kerrigan incident

calumniate
02-11-2013, 09:17 AM
You two should bet on if Babchuk or Sarich draw in

Bertuzzied
02-11-2013, 09:21 AM
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the Harding/Kerrigan incident

No. I am going to give Irving MS later today.

Flash Walken
02-11-2013, 10:04 AM

Give an idiot enough rope....

Bertuzzied
02-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Give an idiot enough rope....

Must suck to be poor.....

crazy_eoj
02-11-2013, 10:13 AM
Who wins if Joey Macdonald starts?

Bertuzzied
02-11-2013, 10:15 AM

The Flames!

If MacDonald starts tonite i'll donate another $50 to CP.

J epworth
02-11-2013, 10:19 AM
haha. it's bottling and i wasn't suckered.

Win-win situation. I get to help the elderly and it's a guaranteed over bet tonite if Irving starts.

Plus Taylor is going to start tonite so the point is moot.

Well so far it's just been a guaranteed over bet every game the flames have played, who's in net hasn't changed that.

Bertuzzied
02-11-2013, 10:19 AM
Well so far it's just been a guaranteed over bet every game the flames have played, who's in net hasn't changed that.

With Irving starting I was doubling my bets.

Sylvanfan
02-11-2013, 12:06 PM

Both guys pay the house $50 and the moderation team takes KevanGuy out for burgers.

Bertuzzied
02-11-2013, 12:16 PM
Both guys pay the house $50 and the moderation team takes KevanGuy out for burgers.

Sure.If KevanGuy can't eat $50 worth of burgers' from Bob's Burger bus in an hour i get to be a Mod for a week! hehehehehehehehe

Bow to the hehe overlord!

Stay Golden
02-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Sure.If KevanGuy can't eat $50 worth of burgers' from Bob's Burger bus in an hour i get to be a Mod for a week! hehehehehehehehe

Bow to the hehe overlord!

you trying to kill the guy. He will be stuffed :D

/rXH_12QWWg8

vilzeh
02-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Must suck to be poor.....

You suck.

Dion
02-11-2013, 06:03 PM

$50 may not be enough for KG :whistle:

Miniac
02-11-2013, 06:59 PM
I think Dion wins. Congrats

ricosuave
02-11-2013, 07:00 PM
Sportsnet says Irving and sarich in

Minnie
02-11-2013, 08:49 PM
So? Dion won then?

Bertuzzied
02-11-2013, 08:50 PM
I pm'd him but no response yet. hahaha. he must be spending his money already

or creating a gif about his win.... hehe

ricosuave
02-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Hey bertuzzied, the next time you want to give $50 away, just pm me...

Phanuthier
02-12-2013, 12:32 AM
Hey bertuzzied, the next time you want to give $50 away, just pm me...
I got $100 from him for the over/under on the Flames getting 90 points this year... easiest bet I ever made.

Dion
02-12-2013, 12:36 AM
I pm'd him but no response yet. hahaha. he must be spending his money already

or creating a gif about his win.... hehe

:whistle:

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb219/CajoleJuice/166j6ft.gif

Minnie
02-12-2013, 12:48 AM
Ha!

Beer's on Dion on Friday night! *snicker*

Bertuzzied
02-12-2013, 12:55 AM
I got $100 from him for the over/under on the Flames getting 90 points this year... easiest bet I ever made.

Yeah good luck with that.

Flash Walken
02-12-2013, 09:09 AM
Yeah good luck with that.

Welcher.

Bertuzzied
02-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Welcher.

haha. If the Flames pay Iginla his full $7 mil this year and Bouwmeester his $6.68mil then i will pay Phaneuthier his $100.

I can help you guys sign up for an accounting class at SAIT or MRU if you want.

Phanuthier
02-12-2013, 11:29 AM
haha. If the Flames pay Iginla his full $7 mil this year and Bouwmeester his $6.68mil then i will pay Phaneuthier his $100.

I can help you guys sign up for an accounting class at SAIT or MRU if you want.
The bet was actually for charity. I'm tempted to make the ####### choice AAC (American Alpine Club) for personal interest, but I'm going with Cancer research. I'm sure some cousin or friend will do some event for cancer research, I'll have you pledge to that.

Bertuzzied
02-12-2013, 11:30 AM
The bet was actually for charity. I'm tempted to make the ####### choice AAC (American Alpine Club) for personal interest, but I'm going with Cancer research. I'm sure some cousin or friend will do some event for cancer research, I'll have you pledge to that.

Done when the Flames give Iggy his $7 mill for the 2012-2013 season you will get your $100!

Flash Walken
02-12-2013, 11:31 AM
MOD EDIT: No insults, please.

MrMastodonFarm
02-12-2013, 11:34 AM
Can't you guys just prorate the bet down to the 48 game schedule and points for that?

Bertuzzied
02-12-2013, 11:38 AM
Spoken like a true welcher who can't resist opening his big mouth.

Maybe you should learn to read before you jump into someone else's wager.

hahaha. boy you got some personal issues. maybe you should seek some help.

Bertuzzied
02-12-2013, 11:40 AM
Can't you guys just prorate the bet down to the 48 game schedule and points for that?

I did. When i rebumped the Sutter Comments from the World thread i said is the bet on pro-rated? But then him and fanin80 are like "no no no you said 90 points" like a bunch of jr highers. And i asked him several times to pro-rate it. I guess economy is still bad in San Jose.

Pretty lame if you ask me.